By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Winter 21/22

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
He will not be missed and whoever scouted him needs a rocket up their arse.
£63 Million quids worth of fuck all.

Genuinely happy for Winks if he's turned his fortune's around. Again, proof of Conte's quality. Knowing the commitment is there from a player then having the ability to turn a players confidence around simply by tweaking the way he's been programmed to play. In fairness under JM and NES you could say that about most of the squad.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Apparently Gil to Barcelona is "gaining momentum"

If that turns out to be true, it'll be a real shame because I think the kid has bags of talent. But then we've got previous for signing talented youngsters and not giving them a chance I suppose.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Good point. If we could get him with Gil and some money going the other way then I’d take that.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Meh.....
Coutinho can't hold down a place in a team who are 7th in LaLiga.. In fact he was an unused sub in the last 2 games. There's got to be a reason...

I'm suspicious....I'm always suspicious.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Meh.....
Coutinho can't hold down a place in a team who are 7th in LaLiga.. In fact he was an unused sub in the last 2 games. There's got to be a reason...

I'm suspicious....I'm always suspicious.
He wouldn't have a place in our starting XI either, IMO.

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
Taken from football London…

football.london understands that in his first transfer meeting ahead of the winter window with the club's hierarchy, when he asked to have another month to evaluate his players, Conte was told that money would be tighter in January following the summer's deals for five new signings and what comes next with some of them.

The club spent around £60m combined on Bryan Gil and later Emerson Royal and Pape Matar Sarr during the summer window and have an option to buy the on-loan Cristian Romero for £42.5m, a move that is expected by both Spurs and Atalanta to go through with a five-year deal already provisionally agreed with the Argentine from next summer.

There is also an option to make Gollini's move permanent for £13m. If both Romero and Gollini are signed from Atalanta then Spurs' total spending for their summer recruits will lie around the £115m mark, with only nominal fees coming the other way for their departing players.

With that in mind and the club's £150m in lost revenue during the pandemic, it was expected to be a quieter January window and Espirito Santo is believed to have been told that before his departure.

However, Conte clearly needs new faces to fit his system after the club spent the summer signing players who instead fit his predecessor's.

That's why hiring a manager and sacking him after just four months is a costly mistake to make in the first place and one that Paratici is going to have rectify somehow.

If Tottenham do not find more money from somewhere to spend in this transfer window then all of the heat from the fanbase for any disappointments in the months ahead will likely come down squarely on the shoulders of Levy, a chairman who faced his first real vocal protests from fans last season.

That's not even taking into account how Conte will react. The Italian is not a man who keeps his displeasure at situations to himself.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
That's not even taking into account how Conte will react. The Italian is not a man who keeps his displeasure at situations to himself.
Can't be bothered to find that gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn but seems apropos

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

There's talk of possibly Emerson being moved on in January as he was signed for Nuno and Conte wants someone better, but then I saw this tweet earlier on which gives it a bit of perspective I suppose.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There's talk of possibly Emerson being moved on in January as he was signed for Nuno and Conte wants someone better, but then I saw this tweet earlier on which gives it a bit of perspective I suppose.

He gets payed £3.25m a year so Lee McQueen can shove that bullshit in a dark, damp place. Perspective my left nut. He isn't a kid in a fucking apprenticeship, he's a professional fucking footballer, who is a playacting dickhead - if he didn't spend so much time pretending to be fouled then I might have a bit more sympathy, Nah, fuck him.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I forgot about Rodon till I saw this. Surely he's out the door.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Good player I'd like to see progress... shame it clearly won't be with us.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Good player I'd like to see progress... shame it clearly won't be with us.
Yeah, he a beast at Swansea, and ditto for Wales in a back three. Hard to say that he's gotten a fair crack of the whip this season, but wtf do I know.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I'm not a fan 5 years after his peak... there's gotta be better out there. We have to stop buying budget has beens or never was's.

I'll kick the hornets nest and say how about Eriksen.

That is a man on a new mission to shine. I reckon he would bring a commitment like never seen before!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Marcos Llorente​

This lad is 13,500 coins of fifa 22 so I reckon that's good... I don't actually play fifa so this is a complete made up guess.

Honestly never seen him play or even knew of his existence until I googled best AM's in the world... and he was 4th. Watched some YT videos and he looks like every other player on there and didn't do anything that made me think "oooh, he looks good".

We've wasted 70 million of N'fatbelé so let's wast another 60 or 100 million on this cunt as another gamble.

Last edited:
Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I'll kick the hornets nest and say how about Eriksen.

That is a man on a new mission to shine. I reckon he would bring a commitment like never seen before!
I agree with that bold part. He wants to play at the World Cup.
If he's physically able & gets clearance to play, & given his new lease on life, I'd be inclined to give him a shot.
Wouldn't cost much in terms of money & as @Glenjamin says, knowing Eriksen, he'd be the most committed.
Even if Eriksen had half a heart, he'd give more than Ndombele.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I agree with that bold part. He wants to play at the World Cup.
If he's physically able & gets clearance to play, & given his new lease on life, I'd be inclined to give him a shot.
Wouldn't cost much in terms of money & as @Glenjamin says, knowing Eriksen, he'd be the most committed.
Even if Eriksen had half a heart, he'd give more than Ndombele.
Agree with all of this, but I'd be terrified watching him play.

Sneeky

Sneeky

Player in Training.
When you haven't got your glasses on and think Nnombelly is out the door...

Nlundulu joins Cheltenham on loan​

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
January won't fix a 'need to work harder' or lack of quality problem. We will have to wait for the summer for that. I appreciate that some teams have better players than us, with a winning mentality, but Southampton don't and they were better than us until they had someone sent off, Chelsea just looked like they wanted to win more than we did, so guess what they did......really fucking easily. We were lucky it was 2-0.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
We are apparently in negotiations for Traore for 20 mil. I dunno, I just don't see him adding too much end product to us. Conte thinking of using him as a left wing back? Could be BS but it sounds serious. Happy to make a signing, but this one seems odd.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We are apparently in negotiations for Traore for 20 mil. I dunno, I just don't see him adding too much end product to us. Conte thinking of using him as a left wing back? Could be BS but it sounds serious. Happy to make a signing, but this one seems odd.
20 mil wasted imo...

He is a fucking show pony with zero end product. Baby oiled up, speed mercahnt who thinks he is better than he is.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
20 mil wasted imo...

He is a fucking show pony with zero end product. Baby oiled up, speed mercahnt who thinks he is better than he is.
Dunno. He's a fucking beast and if he can improve his crossing then the service he could provide to Sonny, Little Lucas and HK could get us a nice few goals, he might even get one himself. £20m is fuck all these days, could be a bargain.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
20 mil wasted imo...

I agree with this and unfortunately he only has one trick - speed. He was mostly a substitute for Wolves last season as well, are we seriously paying £20m for a sub??

It's a brilliant example of Levy buying another less than average player and thinking that constitutes a 'signing' we keep throwing good money after bad. SIGN PROVEN QUALITY in the Summer, difficult to do anything properly in January. if we'd conducted our transfer business properly rather than signing or loaning the likes of NDombele, Bergwijn, Sessegnon, Gedson Fernandes, Doherty, Aurier, Gil, Lo Celso etc etc. we would now still have Poch at the helm and have Bruno Fernandes in midfield and Ruben Dias in the centre of defence. Fuck Levy and Hitchen, wankers.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

A lot of the articles about Traore are all claiming that it's Conte who thinks he can convert him into a RWB after deciding he can't do that with Emerson.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Look, while 20 million is considered a snip in the bonkers world of football... it fucking isn't, and his wages will also be a factor.

He has had one brief spell where he looked like could be a prospect. He created some good chances, even scoring a few goals himself... and that was it.

This season has been more about the baby oil than any other...

For me I'd take a punt on that young fullback who pulled Arsenal's pants down in the FA Cup... Spence I think... he was mustard going forwards and backwards. 20 million probably buys him and pays his wages for the next 3 years. You also get to mould him into the player you want/need and the "Levy" sell on factor is baked in with him being just a pup.