By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Winter 21/22

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Dunno. He's a fucking beast and if he can improve his crossing then the service he could provide to Sonny, Little Lucas and HK could get us a nice few goals, he might even get one himself. £20m is fuck all these days, could be a bargain.
Seeing some people pointing out that Conte made Victor Moses, who was also pretty limited in terms of technical ability, into a fantastic RWB. So yeah, maybe. Sadly, he could hardly be worse than Emerson.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Apparently our most glorious and powerful leader (hail satan) is looking to turn a profit on Bergwijn. Seems like we're quite willing to sell him but the price is £27m.

And NFatbelly has apparently been offered to "everyone" but his wages are proving to be a problem.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Apparently our most glorious and powerful leader (hail satan) is looking to turn a profit on Bergwijn. Seems like we're quite willing to sell him but the price is £27m.

And NFatbelly has apparently been offered to "everyone" but his wages are proving to be a problem.
duh-well-obviously.gif

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Tottenham Hotspur are hoping to convince Wolverhampton Wanderers to allow Adama Traore to join them on loan with an obligation to buy the winger.

Wolves are likely to prefer a straight £20million deal for Traore, who Tottenham managing director Fabio Paratici has been holding talks over.

Spurs are willing to sell Steven Bergwijn, who has attracted interest from Ajax and who the Premier League club value at around £25m, and doing so could help finance a straight bid for Traore.

But Tottenham are understood to currently favour a deal that would see them take Traore on loan until the end of the season, when the transfer would then be made permanent for a set fee.

While that may not seem particularly attractive now to Wolves, they may be forced to consider such a deal with Traore approaching the final 12 months of his contract and showing little sign of signing a renewal.

Wolves could be left with the choice of agreeing a fee for Traore now and allowing him to go out on loan or seeing his value drop at the end of the season.

Another option could be for Tottenham to stagger payments for Traore with the promise of a majority lump sum being paid in the summer. The player is understood to be keen on the prospect of moving to Spurs during this transfer window.

Traore has been identified as Tottenham’s first choice to fill one of the three positions, right wing-back, that the club have prioritised trying to sign this month following a meeting between Paratici, chairman Daniel Levy and head coach Antonio Conte on Monday

Other than a right wing-back, Spurs have targeted trying to sign a midfielder and attacker. But, with available money in limited supply, the club may be forced to look at loans and players approaching the end of their contracts unless Levy can quickly attract outside investment or bring in significant transfer cash.

AC Milan midfielder Franck Kessie is out of contract in the summer and has attracted the interest of Spurs, who have also been linked with Jesse Lingard, who will be out of contract at the end of the season. Paratici and Conte, though, are thought to have currently prioritised other targets over Lingard.

Tottenham’s business this month will give Conte a big indicator over whether or not the club are likely to be able to match his ambition.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Traore is a hamstring injury away from being another Ayew brother…

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Well yes, obviously ! 🤣

For me, personally, I think Levy has his usual amount of brass neck to try and turn a profit on a player who's done next to nothing with us and has hardly featured. If anything, his value would have decreased rather than increased.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Sign three quality players not six average blokes, no more Bergwijn's, Auriers, Lo Celso's, Doherty, Ndombele's, etc etc. Back the manager and start being a properly good team again. Levy Out

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

If, and it's a big if, Conte himself has genuinely requested Traore's signing then I suppose you have to have faith that he sees something in him he can work with.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Not really feeling the traore thing to be honest. There was a season there where it looked like if he could reach the next level he would be a smasher but it never happened. The fellas gigantic so I guess if you could get him defending he'd be hard to nudge off a ball, but I've never seen him as a work horse. He's played a decent amount this season and conjured up 1 assist in a forward role to so we wouldn't exactly be getting Alexander Arnold.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
If, and it's a big if, Conte himself has genuinely requested Traore's signing then I suppose you have to have faith that he sees something in him he can work with.

He wants to do with him what he did with Victor Moses.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
He wants to do with him what he did with Victor Moses.

I don't really understand this . He worked with Moses as he had no one else he trusted, in our case he could buy an actual wing back. Seems odd, but if Conte does want him then let's av it!

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Story coming out now that Barcelona want Traore and he wants to go there.

Translation: Levy dicking everyone around as usual so Traore's agent puts a story in the press that a bigger club is interested so stop fucking around and get the deal done for the price we want.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Just thinking as well - Eriksen is available on a free transfer. He's apparently been fully cleared to play again and has a good relationship with Conte.

Could certainly be an opportunity to erase the last 18 months of his previous tenure with us if he came back and hit some good form again.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Story coming out now that Barcelona want Traore and he wants to go there.

Translation: Levy dicking everyone around as usual so Traore's agent puts a story in the press that a bigger club is interested so stop fucking around and get the deal done for the price we want.
Step back... let them have him.

Lol, as if Barca want him...!!!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Did I see rumors of Frankie de Jong leaving barca for 25m to Chelsea? If levy/ Fab / Conte dont at least inquire then wtf

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Rumours of L'Arse offering 50M + Torreira for Vlahovic

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just thinking as well - Eriksen is available on a free transfer. He's apparently been fully cleared to play again and has a good relationship with Conte.

Could certainly be an opportunity to erase the last 18 months of his previous tenure with us if he came back and hit some good form again.
I would love to see Christian back - but not with an ICD fitted. I would be so scared every-time he went out on the pitch, I read up on those things and it seems that contact sport is not allowed as it can damage the device and dislodge the wires!

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I would love to see Christian back - but not with an ICD fitted. I would be so scared every-time he went out on the pitch, I read up on those things and it seems that contact sport is not allowed as it can damage the device and dislodge the wires!
Would not be able to scream at the telly any time he wasn't fully committed on a tackle or covered ground at slightly less than his usual, prodigious rate.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Apparently he's said to be in talks with Brentford about a deal. Brentford.

There's said to be a six month deal on the table with an option to extend for a further year.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I love how we went from signing everyone to now we're not signing squat. #Leveyed