By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

US Election WTF???

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He`s likely to burn it all down,so much for country first.

Still its a good day,for america,human beings and the world in general,I really believe that.
Agreed. It's going to be a rocky couple of months (and far beyond that) but I do feel like, at least for a little while, decent human beings everywhere managed to dodge a bullet. Which is worth celebrating.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EmN1HRzXcAIHDfN

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Stupid right wing whackjobs don’t even realise they are pumping out an iconic leftist anthem there.

Poor sods.
Long history of that, from Ronald Reagan's campaign famously playing "Born in the USA" and "Fortunate Son." On the other hand, these fuckers might hear the line "some of those who work forces/are the same that burn crosses" and approve of it on face value.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Will Trump move to Florida and set up a government in exile? He really believes he has been cheated because he knows he is the best at everything and nobody could ever beat him at anything - a nutjob. The scarey thing is that his supporters believe all the gibberish he spews out and will kick off because they have been 'robbed of their democratic rights'. Some of these conspiracy theories are a bit mental, spreading through the social media pandemic that is infecting most of the world.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Honestly, not enough is being made of this. You couldn't make it up. Even by the standards of this mob, this is unimaginably stupid, like it needs entire feature-length documentaries and books devoted to it.

Hopefully this chaotic & stupid tenure they've created is at an end & we'll be back to having to use our imaginations.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Good win. Reset can begin soon

We still have a couple more months of him

is it too much to ask for my social media’s to go back to ‘normal’?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Honestly, not enough is being made of this. You couldn't make it up. Even by the standards of this mob, this is unimaginably stupid, like it needs entire feature-length documentaries and books devoted to it.
I loved the comment that they took the booking knowing full well it wasnt for them and didnt correct them.Really,and people think they could run a country??You couldnt make it up,you didnt have to make it up!and the fact it was when they got the call saying Biden won,"which network said that?"...

"all of them"

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What you cant see cleary in this is that its done under a hazardous chemical sign on the wall

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Is this the turning point for our civilisation...? Is this the point where we realise our experiment with "alternarives" didn't work? Is this the point where we consider our vote for "something different" unsuccessful and go back to what has been the considered norm from the last few hundred years?

Do we see an end to the Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro, Salvini style of politics that brought reality TV style leadership to nations?

Will our future leaders learn from this and change the way they work for us and represent us better. Do our future leaders look to bring us all back under our respective flags and help us work towards collective goals instead of single minded isolationism at the expense of every other fucker?

I personally don't think it is the turning point, I don't think it got bad enough for enough people for it to be done with just yet. To me it seems like this yoyo from extremists on either front will continue for a long while to come and the moderate populous will have to sit and watch it play out until one side causes a serious catastrophe that affects many many people before enough people crave again the stabilisation of a centrist platform to give unity and strength.

All the while this is going on in the west, our Asian and Russian friends will be strengthening themselves and waiting with their fingers crossed that some of the pieces from this game fall off the board permanently.

Just a thought that's been rumbling round my head for a few days..... probably solid gold bollocks, but I thought I'd share.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Good win. Reset can begin soon

We still have a couple more months of him

is it too much to ask for my social media’s to go back to ‘normal’?
Yes it is too much to ask. The only way you can reset your life to 'normal' is to get all your social media accounts and flush them down a virtual toilet.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Is this the turning point for our civilisation...? Is this the point where we realise our experiment with "alternarives" didn't work? Is this the point where we consider our vote for "something different" unsuccessful and go back to what has been the considered norm from the last few hundred years?

Do we see an end to the Trump, Johnson, Bolsonaro, Salvini style of politics that brought reality TV style leadership to nations?

Will our future leaders learn from this and change the way they work for us and represent us better. Do our future leaders look to bring us all back under our respective flags and help us work towards collective goals instead of single minded isolationism at the expense of every other fucker?

I personally don't think it is the turning point, I don't think it got bad enough for enough people for it to be done with just yet. To me it seems like this yoyo from extremists on either front will continue for a long while to come and the moderate populous will have to sit and watch it play out until one side causes a serious catastrophe that affects many many people before enough people crave again the stabilisation of a centrist platform to give unity and strength.

All the while this is going on in the west, our Asian and Russian friends will be strengthening themselves and waiting with their fingers crossed that some of the pieces from this game fall off the board permanently.

Just a thought that's been rumbling round my head for a few days..... probably solid gold bollocks, but I thought I'd share.
Can't really speak for other countries, but here, where things just naturally roll in four-year cycles, I think these questions are still very much up in the air. A lot of people think the next move will be to roll out Trumpist candidates who are not as obviously vulgar and stupid as he is. Sort of a polished version of him. But I'm not sure--so many people voted for him because of the stupidity and vulgarity, not in spite of it. I've said before that Trump's base loves him for basically three reasons:

(A) he gives them a mish-mash of conservative policies they like (anti-abortion judges, tax cuts, etc);
(B) he behaves like they would if they were in office;
(C) he makes people like me so angry.

So the question is, can the would-be authoritarians find a sort of slicker, more sophisticated figure than Trump to basically run on the same message? One that will appeal as strongly to the guy with the sign in his yard near me that reads "JESUS IS MY SAVIOR. TRUMP IS MY PRESIDENT"? I honestly have no idea. I will say that there have not been many people in our society with the kind of appeal he has, so that almost makes me hope he's a one-off. But definitely the social rot he exposed isn't going away.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
You guys laugh and poke fun, but booking hotels is hard.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
But definitely the social rot he exposed isn't going away.
I think that sums it up... the fabric of society is very much broken and I will happily sound like a dinosaur and say its partly due to the negatives associated with social media.

Is it because people don't know they're born and haven't had it hard so don't understand how shit it could be? Do people desperately want to live that 0.01% lifestyle and think they have a divine right to be ballin like Kanye West...?

IDK what the fuck it is mate but it does need that reset. I dont want us to go full medieval and start washing our skiddies on borders again, but a less complicated more physically social time did have its merits.

I don't wanna go back to the roaring 20's and catch polio and cark it, but far enough so loonies were seen and not heard on every media platform available for clicks and profit.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
I dont want us to go full medieval and start washing our skiddies on borders again, but a less complicated more physically social time did have its merits.
I'll tell you what, a fair bit of that happened during lockdown here. Stuck in our houses with spouses and kids, and with nothing in particular to do, we were forced to hang out with our neighbours in the street, mingling outdoors whilst the kids sprayed each other with the hose and pissed about. It was under duress, but we all got to enjoy it, and I don't really want to go back to rushing around to "activities", struggling to find the time to make dinner, then off to bed, then starting it up again at the crack of dawn...

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Stupid right wing whackjobs don’t even realise they are pumping out an iconic leftist anthem there.

Poor sods.
Hand on my heart, I thought they were Biden supporters celebrating, reclaiming the American flag and wearing MAGA hats ironically. It was the only logical way my tiny brain could interpret it without context.

Only when I showed the missus was I apprised of the fact that no, this should be read as written and no interpretation is necessary.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
For some of us it used to be a living............. :rolleyes:
I feel you...nine months with zero income is beginning to bite. Cheered up a bit by the vaccine news today though, wonder if it will come fast enough to save next year's season for us?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I've been hiding out since Pennsylvania looked like going the wrong way, but now we're the heroes, you're welcome! It's nearly official - only 49.5% of us are psychos.

Hey, could be worse. Really, even when things are fucking awful it is sobering to remember that it can actually get fucking worse. Hopefully things pick up from here, but I am only mildly hopeful.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Hey, could be worse. Really, even when things are fucking awful it is sobering to remember that it can actually get fucking worse. Hopefully things pick up from here, but I am only mildly hopeful.
You're right of course, things can get worse, and I need to adjust my figures. 49.5% of us are psycho, plus another 30% of registered voters who couldn't be bothered to go to the mailbox or otherwise shift their fat fuck asses off the la-z-boy/bench seat of the truck/John Deere riding mower. In white non-college male math that makes 79.5%, so 21.5% of liberals were able to steal 100% of the vote!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
You're right of course, things can get worse, and I need to adjust my figures. 49.5% of us are psycho, plus another 30% of registered voters who couldn't be bothered to go to the mailbox or otherwise shift their fat fuck asses off the la-z-boy/bench seat of the truck/John Deere riding mower. In white non-college male math that makes 79.5%, so 21.5% of liberals were able to steal 100% of the vote!

Like a last-gasp Harry Kane winner! We'll take it any way we can get it. :)