By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

US Election WTF???

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EmfOf_VWMAAN5EY

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Everyone needs a Brian..........If you can find a Brian Morans even better!

( Though the man's identity is unknown, the photo was taken on March 23rd, 2003 outside of St. Louis, Missouri)

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
if the far left and far right could go away then everywhere would be a much happier place

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
if the far left and far right could go away then everywhere would be a much happier place
I don't think the so-called far-left are really a threat to modern civilisation. There aren't really any organise far-left groups like there are far-right organisations. Antifa doesn't really exits as a group, except in Trump's brain, BLA is not a far-left terrorist group unless you are a Trumptard. There ain't no Marxists or commies coming to take your house so don't worry. If the far-right militias and groups of 'Lads' pretending to be anti-extremists are kicked into touch then the folks who are painted as far-left at the moment because they are rightfully protesting against facism, racism and the destruction of their democratic rights will just go back to their knitting and everything will be lovely.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
'Data analysis finds' ..yeah right, what he means is that some troll tweeted a bunch of lies and because those lies say he won bigly then they are facts. The world is tired of this bloke, the American people are tired of him, it was interesting to see that the Democrats did not win the Senate (I think that's right?) - so the vote for Biden seems to be the electorate only telling Trump to fuck off. That must hurt him a lot, I hope it does because I don't think Biden will risk upsetting his Neanderthal supporters by sending the cunt to jail where he really deserves to be. All his disgusting family should be locked up as well. Hopefully the increasing boycott of all his businesses will hurt him as well, and if he has to pay back all the taxes he has evaded then that will also be a nice kick in the nuts for the man who has done so much damage to the world. Fuck him and his mob family, fuck them all very much.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.

He is going to get himself arrested. CISA has confirmed that ZERO votes were switched, and that it would be extremely difficult to just change the top of the ticket, as is being alleged. Of course he yesterday fired all of the top brass at CISA. He is going to damage our intelligence and security infrastructure beyond repair.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
He is going to get himself arrested. CISA has confirmed that ZERO votes were switched, and that it would be extremely difficult to just change the top of the ticket, as is being alleged. Of course he yesterday fired all of the top brass at CISA. He is going to damage our intelligence and security infrastructure beyond repair.
Close to being the most serially unpleasant man on the planet.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Fucking GOP and MAGA cunts.

Human excrement, the lot of them.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
In the back of my mind I knew this was going to happen, I just didn't believe it. These people look exactly like my neighbors, angry and ugly - I'm no rose myself, but at least I don't have the flames of hell shooting out of my eyes. I just can't fathom the willingness to be taken in by the demagoguery. We are skating on very thin ice here.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
T**** acts as if he's done nothing wrong and he seems oblivious to his inflammatory rhetoric. Such a spoilt child in one of the most powerful positions. Hope he's thrown in jail.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
T**** acts as if he's done nothing wrong and he seems oblivious to his inflammatory rhetoric. Such a spoilt child in one of the most powerful positions. Hope he's thrown in jail.
His speech to the crowd Wednesday morning, as well as Giuliani's, was pretty much textbook sedition under US law.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
You're talking about Trump right?

I have the same thoughts about Mourinho.
Crypty, I felt the same way when I first heard we'd chosen him as manager.

But then I started to think that he couldn't possibly do that again as no one would possibly hire him in the future. It would be another massive blemish on his career & he'd be done. And yes, he probably wouldn't have to work another day with what he has accumulated but his ego wouldn't allow for him to walk into the sunset under his own darkened clouds. He'd want to be remembered fondly & I believe he's hoping this appointment & ensuing titles here will be a significant positive statement & thus somewhat diminish the preceding carnage. This would essentially be his greatest achievement, barring Porto's CL victory, essentially elevating his status amongst managerial greats.

What I'm trying to say is I believe Jose feels he has a lot at stake here & is far more reluctant to burn it down.

Then again, I could be way off.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
No enemy in the world could get within a hundred miles of that Capitol. But a thousand half-drunk rednecks did.

And I'm redneck stock, and more than half-drunk more than seldom.

And have a grudging admiration for their we're-not-gonna-take-it-anymore mentality.

But if they could just jettison the fucking racism, and turn that ire on their class enemies, instead of licking those expensively polished boots like a bunch of illiterate deputized sherrif's assistants, we might see some change.

When Pence and McConnell seem like the good guys, it might not be the right time to say it, but Biden ain't gonna help.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've been calling facist and nazi for years, but soft types said I was too extreme. This right wing shit going on violently in the US is no different to 1930's Germany. UK facism is much more 'British', not so much rioting, but the same goals. Thank fuck I live in the EU, yep, we have nutters, but they are a very small, quiet minority who are mostly ignored.

I can't see a way out of this for the US, if Trump is not jailed then democracy is over, if he is then his nutcase supporters will start a civil war. Scary times for the world.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I've been calling facist and nazi for years, but soft types said I was too extreme. This right wing shit going on violently in the US is no different to 1930's Germany. UK facism is much more 'British', not so much rioting, but the same goals. Thank fuck I live in the EU, yep, we have nutters, but they are a very small, quiet minority who are mostly ignored.

I can't see a way out of this for the US, if Trump is not jailed then democracy is over, if he is then his nutcase supporters will start a civil war. Scary times for the world.
The truth is that the mob was doing with violence what some of the Republicans in Congress were doing through parliamentary maneuvering. Either way you cut it, it's attempting to overturn a democratic election. Mobs have done the same thing at various state legislatures for more than a year now.

On the one hand, this isn't such a departure for us--as a historian, I have to remind students all the time that we have a more violent, and way less democratic past than we (i.e., white Americans) tell ourselves. On the other, yesterday was an insurrection, and we haven't had many of those. We are in very deep shit, because it won't end with this one incident. It's all in how we respond to it. Nobody expects the right to do the right thing, but I think some of the GOP politicians realized the mob wasn't all that interested in distinguishing between them and Trump's "enemies" and may be aware of what they've unleashed. As for the masses, as always, we're getting two completely different accounts of the event depending on the TV station or who we follow on Twitter.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The truth is that the mob was doing with violence what some of the Republicans in Congress were doing through parliamentary maneuvering. Either way you cut it, it's attempting to overturn a democratic election. Mobs have done the same thing at various state legislatures for more than a year now.

On the one hand, this isn't such a departure for us--as a historian, I have to remind students all the time that we have a more violent, and way less democratic past than we (i.e., white Americans) tell ourselves. On the other, yesterday was an insurrection, and we haven't had many of those. We are in very deep shit, because it won't end with this one incident. It's all in how we respond to it. Nobody expects the right to do the right thing, but I think some of the GOP politicians realized the mob wasn't all that interested in distinguishing between them and Trump's "enemies" and may be aware of what they've unleashed. As for the masses, as always, we're getting two completely different accounts of the event depending on the TV station or who we follow on Twitter.
I was very amused watching some of the hard of thinking chaps being interviewed on TV this morning. One bright spark was defending their 'revolution' by stating that America - I believe he was referring to the country United States of America not the continent, was formed through revolution and therefore this 'revolution' was quite normal. I don't know much about history ( ooh, I've gone all Sam Cooke...) but I always thought your revolution was to get rid of a tyrant and replace the king with democracy, these charming folks seem to not like that idea and want it like it was back in the olden days - a dictator/tyrant/king in charge, black folks knowing their place (somewhere else),no choice for women, LBGT rights removed, guns for everyone (except people not like them of course) - just how God (who is of course a white American) wants it.