By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Vincent Janssen

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I hope this turns out to be a genius signing.....if he gets a game or two! the price and wages are excellent in the current market....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Welcome,cant do any worse than rebrov,bent,durie,soldado,armstrong,mido,postiga,durie......
CnKpalCWYAA8YGb.jpg

CnKpbLKWYAEKOWd.jpg

CnKpbtXXYAAm_DC.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur have announced the signing of striker Vincent Janssen from AZ Alkmaar on a four-year contract.

Spurs will pay a reported €22 million for Janssen, who joined AZ for €500,000 from Dutch second-tier side Almere City last summer and finished as the top scorer in the Eredivisie with 27 goals in 34 appearances last season.

A statement on Spurs' official website read: "We are delighted to announce the signing of Vincent Janssen from AZ Alkmaar, subject to international clearance.

"The striker has signed a contract with the Club until 2020."
The Premier League club had an opening offer of €18m rejected by AZ, but agreed a fee on Friday -- a record sale for the Eredivisie club -- and Janssen completed his medical on Monday.

And sources have also told ESPN FC that the forward visited Hotspur Way, Tottenham's North London training centre, a fortnight ago to discuss personal terms.

Janssen said on AZ's official website: "I'm very happy that I can make the move to Tottenham Hotspur. Fortunately the clubs finally reached an agreement."

He said he believed it was "a good deal for all three parties" and added: "I've had the best football year of my life with AZ. The people I've worked with have been fantastic.

"My move to AZ was a good move. I look back on my time in Alkmaar with nothing but positivity."

AZ director of football Max Huiberts added: "Tottenham are tough negotiators, but we are very satisfied with the end result.

"On the one hand, AZ is proud of this transfer; on the other hand, it is unfortunate that we lose a player of this calibre and with his personality.

He added that AZ "wish him every success in London."

The Netherlands international, who scored against England at Wembley in March, is Spurs' second signing of the summer, after the £11m capture of Victor Wanyama from Southampton.

A club source has told ESPN FC that Spurs will now turn their attentions to signing a versatile midfielder, with Newcastle's Georginio Wijnaldum among their targets, and that a young forward and a goalkeeper are also on manager Mauricio Pochettino's summer wish list.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Interesting that we need a 'versatile midfielder'.....we have Pritchard ( at present a bit unknown at this level) Carroll, Eriksen, Son, Chadli, Lamela, N'jie, and Dembele. I'd say we have a few already, chuck in Mason, Bentaleb, Wanyama, Dier and I'd ask how much versatility we need? a playmaker - Eriksen stylie maybe, but that's it surely? I'd rather a young CB to cover for the Toby, Jan, Kevin trio...so that we don't have to use Dier in a worst case scenario.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Not really a stat man myself...but here you go....

CnKb6z1WcAAorJ9.jpg

Vincent Janssen is the youngest player to score more than 25 in an Eredivisie season since Ronaldo for PSV

CnKIdZAWEAAlpzX.jpg

Vincent Janssen scored 40 goals in 59 appearances for club & country during the 2015/16 season.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Jamie Vardy of Netherlands?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jamie Vardy of Netherlands?
A)doesnt look like steptoe
B)doesnt play in a bandage
C)Not known to racially abuse people
D)Doesnt see a leg & fly through the air like a trapeze artist in a circus
E)Isnt a horrible council estate chavy twunt
F)actually won his leagues golden boot

I could go on.........

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I could go on.........
jamiesteptoe_zps1505f83x.jpg

Stateside Nate

Stateside Nate

Founding Member
Hope this works out, still stinging from Soldado before I get too excited about his "potential."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

I could go on.........
So 'No' then.........ha ha.

I sort of meant in terms of rise to fame...AZ bought him for €500,000 from a first division club I think...we're now paying about €18m, the lad has done well.

Apparently when those photo's of Poch were shown 'watching' Shane Long with his Irish agent...he was watching Janssen all along....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Apparently when those photo's of Poch were shown 'watching' Shane Long with his Irish agent...he was watching Janssen all along....
I did actually say that in the land of never never,but it was all about Long to the muppets.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So if he isn't going to sit on the bench next to Wanyama for most games how might Poch include the new boy....4-4-2....doubt that!!???

Let's assume our 'best team' from last season is this....where does Janssen go?
Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Dier, Dembele
Lamela, Alli, Eriksen
Kane

Or just for fun how about this or something like it...

Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Dier
Dembele Eriksen
Alli
Janssen Kane

It's the Hodgson Diamond!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
So if he isn't going to sit on the bench next to Wanyama for most games how might Poch include the new boy....4-4-2....doubt that!!???

Let's assume our 'best team' from last season is this....where does Janssen go?
Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Dier, Dembele
Lamela, Alli, Eriksen
Kane

Or just for fun how about this or something like it...

Lloris
Walker, Toby, Jan, Rose
Dier
Dembele Eriksen
Alli
Janssen Kane

It's the Hodgson Diamond!!
The poch will find a way, remember when the numpties were howling about his lack of tactical ( or possibly strategic ) intelligence when he moved Dier? Maybe the Poch daimond'ish but not Hodgsonesque formation will be the dog's doodahs, I think folks worry too much about classic formations, the Poch will cast off the shackles of the rule book.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
In an ideal world Kane and Janssen will spur each other on....ha ha! He'll need a bit of time to settle and means that we now have great cover and rest for Kane should anything happen. Good news day.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
We couldn't go into a season with cl with only one striker that can play the lone striker roll.ill be honest I don't watch Dutch football and no nothing about this lad but he looks a big strong unit with a good touch so happy days

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Welcome,cant do any worse than rebrov,bent,durie,soldado,armstrong,mido,postiga,durie......
mate I personally would take Bent out of the list. Our top goal scorer with 20 goals in his final season. And who's Durie ? Lol

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
mate I personally would take Bent out of the list. Our top goal scorer with 20 goals in his final season. And who's Durie ? Lol
gordon durie record signing late 80s chav scum,its harsh on all of em but i could have stuck sir les in there too hardly a success superpav made em all look like fools eh @Thfcire :D

Last edited:
Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
gordon durie record signing late 80s chav scum,its harsh on all of em but i could have stuck sir les in there to hardly a success superpav made em all look like fools eh @Thfcire :D
Pav was my hero. Lol still my hero haha sometimes play with the random team on Fifa who he plays for just so I can use him.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pav was my hero. Lol still my hero haha sometimes play with the random team on Fifa who he plays for just so I can use him.
I quite liked pav tbh,though like soldado some people outside our fans never got the support we showed them,did sherwood really think we were asking for soldado just cos we sung his name,we were just giving the guy a little lift.
Havent a scooby about janssen,seen some clips and stats but never watched him or didnt notice him vs england.Just hope we found another good striker for a change.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I quite liked pav tbh,though like soldado some people outside our fans never got the support we showed them,did sherwood really think we were asking for soldado just cos we sung his name,we were just giving the guy a little lift.
Havent a scooby about janssen,seen some clips and stats but never watched him or didnt notice him vs england.Just hope we found another good striker for a change.
Bobby and Super Pav - I miss them both. I expect I will like this new bloke - if someone thinks up a good song for him and he has a cheeky grin like Booby and Super. I expect he is quite good at kicking a ball around , but without a catchy song and a cheeky grin - then what is the point?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member

A peach of a goal!!
Did you see the other goals they scored yesterday, one was a rebound from Jansen hitting the post with a cracker of a shot too. Good to see him getting time and playing well, suppose these internationals aren't all bad after all. Still not keen on them, I just want to watch my Tottenham.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yes great game time for Janssen and confidence building

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Spurs boss Pochettino: ‘Disappointed’ Janssen may be putting too much pressure on himself
14:16 20 October 2016

Ben Pearce

image.jpg

Vincent Janssen has scored one goal in six starts and 12 appearances for Tottenham

Mauricio Pochettino feels summer signing Vincent Janssen might be putting too much pressure on himself as he bids to end his dry run in front of goal, and the Tottenham manager says the Dutchman simply needs some encouragement and patience.

Janssen arrived from AZ Alkmaar for £17million to provide cover for Harry Kane – and the 22-year-old has quickly been thrust into the spotlight after Kane’s ankle injury last month.

Janssen has started five of Tottenham’s six games in Kane’s absence and has made 12 appearances for the Lilywhites in total, but he has only managed one goal - which came from the penalty spot in a 5-0 home win against League One outfit Gillingham in the League Cup – and has drawn a blank in his last four starts.

“He’s not frustrated, maybe a bit disappointed,” said Pochettino. “Striker always like to score, they’re always incomplete if they play well but don’t score - there’s always something missing and it’s always like this. But he’s happy.

“He wants to show that he has the quality to score and maybe he puts a lot of pressure on himself and thinks ‘I need to score, I need to score’ and in the end we need to calm him and say ‘yes, good, don’t worry. Keep working hard and keep going and in the end it’s sure you will score’.

“We need to give time to the youngsters. He’s young, he’s coming from the Netherlands and always the players that comes from outside need time.

“He’s a striker that brings different characteristics to the team but I’m happy with his behaviour, his professionalism and how he’s playing.

“It’s true we’d be happier if he scores, and him too, but it’s a normal process. The most important thing is that he’s always focused on trying to improve and is working hard and that’s the best way to try to arrive to score in the games.

“The same things happened sometimes in some periods with Harry. The important thing is he is settled in the team. He’s a very good professional and he works hard every day to try to score and play well.

“We are very happy with him. It’s only a natural process that he needs to go through, but it’s not a problem. He’s a good player, he was the top scorer in Netherlands and there’s no doubt about his quality.”

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
I really like this guy -- he does so many things well. I have complete confidence that he will come up big for us and have a great career at Spurs.