By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Walter Sabatini to join Spurs?

boo

boo

Founding Member
Former Roma director Walter Sabatini is in London and could become the new transfer guru at Tottenham Hotspur.

Sky Sport Italia interviewed the 61-year-old Italian chain-smoker at a restaurant in Fulham on Tuesday night.

He confessed that he was “close to getting back to work, as I am feeling withdrawal symptoms from football.”

According to the same television channel on Thursday evening, there are rumours Sabatini is preparing for a new job at Tottenham.

He had previously been linked with Chelsea, having worked at Perugia, Lazio, Triestina, Arezzo and Palermo.

Sabatini was director of sport at Roma from May 2011 to October 2016, when he resigned after months of President Jim Pallotta trying to talk him into staying.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
But could he do it on a cold tuesday night in stoke??

Might help getting lamlela to resign?but never heard of him or know what he does?As a role ever since we tried it with arnesen,what do they actually do?signings are always hit&miss for every club and Levy/Poch will always have control.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I know nothing about the bloke, but he's only worked in Italy, entirely different culture and style of football, so wouldn't get my vote.

David Pleat found Dele, someone else spotted Dier? what's wrong with those blokes?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I know nothing about the bloke, but he's only worked in Italy, entirely different culture and style of football, so wouldn't get my vote.

David Pleat found Dele, someone else spotted Dier? what's wrong with those blokes?
Don't you know nuffink about football? Only blokes with names that sound like delicious ice cream desserts, pasta dishes or nasty sounding diseases are any good at doing football stuff! Pleat? What the fuck good is that as a name for a football 'guru'?

Pochetinno - Like a latte from Starbucks but not total shite
Guardiola - A disease you get from kissing toads
Sabatini - An ice cream dish invented by Ossie Osbourne
Mourinho - The Portugish word for vagina

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
DOF isn't a sexy sounding foreign word.....it's even worse than 'Pleat'...that's never going to work, ha ha.

Its meant a Director Of Football can do one lol

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Yep got it mate......It was my attempt at being funny. I'll get my coat.

Im sorry mate, please dont fetch your coat.

I Guess im not that cockly little fun kid i once was, and moving up north has sucked the humour our of me :(

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Yep got it mate......It was my attempt at being funny. I'll get my coat.
I laughed - but I am a bit mental so maybe it wasn't funny to the norms? Fuck them norms eh?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Im sorry mate, please dont fetch your coat.

I Guess im not that cockly little fun kid i once was, and moving up north has sucked the humour our of me :(
Is it like Germany up North? I have tried to tell the wickedly funny mad cow joke to several of my German mates and they just don't get it, as I probably said before it's probably because I don't know the German for squirrel and they haven't got a sense of humour - don't mention the war, I did once but I think I got away with it...So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I laughed - but I am a bit mental so maybe it wasn't funny to the norms? Fuck them norms eh?
Yeah it's obviously our weird Pythonesque sense of humour! Talking of which went to see Book of Mormon at the theatre over Christmas....very funny in places, a US version of 'Life of Brian', written by the South Park crew, based on the Mormon religion, couldn't fail really.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
To be honest, no one here is norm. Apart from Riv maybe...
There you go again....who is Norm? and Riv? We need a DOFosi called Normancini or Rivaldho, then we'd be right in business. We could sign that bloke Carlos Kickaball that Redknapp used to go on about, he'd be great, a bit expensive maybe, but someone with a name like Harry Kane is never going to work in the Premier league is he....

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
There you go again....who is Norm? and Riv? We need a DOFosi called Normancini or Rivaldho, then we'd be right in business. We could sign that bloke Carlos Kickaball that Redknapp used to go on about, he'd be great, a bit expensive maybe, but someone with a name like Harry Kane is never going to work in the Premier league is he....

I need to go home, smoke some pot, then return to this whole statement.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Mate there is a very simple way for our Harry to become a good player, as you rightly say he can't be any good with that very English name, so all he needs to do is to drop the Harry and be know as Kané.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Mate there is a very simple way for our Harry to become a good player, as you rightly say he can't be any good with that very English name, so all he needs to do is to drop the Harry and be know as Kané.

or add an aldo onto his name....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yes of course...that's brilliant. There is already a Mane at Liverpool, a Sane at City we should have a Kane at Spurs....it's genius.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Is it like Germany up North? I have tried to tell the wickedly funny mad cow joke to several of my German mates and they just don't get it, as I probably said before it's probably because I don't know the German for squirrel and they haven't got a sense of humour - don't mention the war, I did once but I think I got away with it...So, that's two egg mayonnaise, a prawn Goebbels, a Hermann Goering, and four Colditz salads.
yeah that amazing sense of humour they all have,didnt get the joke though Hull 2016 city of culture,cos they all thought it was an actual award

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Yes of course...that's brilliant. There is already a Mane at Liverpool, a Sane at City we should have a Kane at Spurs....it's genius.

Those players have first names though o_Oo_O:D

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Those players have first names though o_Oo_O:D
You're right.....but they don't count any more, keep up Nundy!!! Coutinho and Ronaldo, have first names as well, you just don't need to use them....bleedin obvious innit. makes Kane sound more continental and exciting = much better player (in numpty joke land)

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
You're right.....but they don't count any more, keep up Nundy!!! Coutinho and Ronaldo, have first names as well, you just don't need to use them....bleedin obvious innit. makes Kane sound more continental and exciting = much better player (in numpty joke land)

So would he be as continental as KAKA or Pele or Zico

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
cough cough Dele lol he`s not gonna like this idea

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
yeah that amazing sense of humour they all have,didnt get the joke though Hull 2016 city of culture,cos they all thought it was an actual award
Why do they give the 'City of Culture' award to Cities lacking in culture? is it some funny ironic joke that I don't get? I mean Liverpool, Hull, Glasgow.....where next Stoke? Coventry?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So would he be as continental as KAKA or Pele or Zico
By jove, I think he's got it!! (Although to be honest I can't remember the basis of why this was funny now!!)

and Edson Arantes do Nascimento sounds pretty sexy in it's own right rather than just 'Pele' so I guess he would have been pretty good anyway??? A replica shirt with the full name would have cost about £197.50 though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
By jove, I think he's got it!! (Although to be honest I can't remember the basis of why this was funny now!!)

and Edson Arantes do Nascimento sounds pretty sexy in it's own right rather than just 'Pele' so I guess he would have been pretty good anyway??? A replica shirt with the full name would have cost about £197.50 though.
I have seen signed ones on ebay for under a ton,TBH thinking of getting one,but i would prefer he signed his real name not just his nick name!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I have seen signed ones on ebay for under a ton,TBH thinking of getting one,but i would prefer he signed his real name not just his nick name!!
The thing is......how do you know if it's genuine? I bought my old man a signed Greaves shirt at a charity thing a few years a go, still don't know if it's real Greaves wasn't there. I've got a multi-signed shirt from the Champions League season, that is real - came direct from Kevin Bond and cost £250.00 at a charity thing, the plastic bag was free, I had to get it framed myself, that cost almost as much.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
The thing is......how do you know if it's genuine? I bought my old man a signed Greaves shirt at a charity thing a few years a go, still don't know if it's real Greaves wasn't there. I've got a multi-signed shirt from the Champions League season, that is real - came direct from Kevin Bond and cost £250.00 at a charity thing, the plastic bag was free, I had to get it framed myself, that cost almost as much.
COA mate !!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Needs the accute accent though. For those wot can't do language goodly like wot I can it's Kané, pronounced 'karnay', yeah I know stupid foreigners can't talk proper but that's how they say things.

Some of our blokes with English names could get Spanish translations:
  • Marchador (Walker)
  • Rosa (Rose duh!)
  • Nefasto ( Dier - I cheated a bit and used Dire)
  • Guiños (Winks)
Those blokes playing alongside Kané and Delé would be unbeatable!