By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Watford H [PL] 12:30 Sat 8th April 2017 (13:30 in Majorca!)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-04-08-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Watford_zpsmlojwcsk.png

Off we jolly well go again, back to the Lane and 3 more points to add to yuge pile we are collecting, yuge, it's really, really bigly yuge. After that relaxing game against Swansea where nobody was in any doubt that we would win easily, we obviously need to be careful here, don't get too confident because nobody has been able to vince us yet at the Lane for yonks and yonks, OK, I am going to be as overconfident as always and predict 5-0 to the mighty, Laneinvincibles.

We have bagged 53 points from a possible 45 at the Lane this Premier League season, nah, course not even at this early hour of the morning my maffs ain't that bad - it's 41 from a possible 45, blimey geezers! Let's make that 44 from 48 on Saturday.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
2017-04-08-Tottenham-Hotspur-vs-Watford_zpsmlojwcsk.png

Off we jolly well go again, back to the Lane and 3 more points to add to yuge pile we are collecting, yuge, it's really, really bigly yuge. After that relaxing game against Swansea where nobody was in any doubt that we would win easily, we obviously need to be careful here, don't get too confident because nobody has been able to vince us yet at the Lane for yonks and yonks, OK, I am going to be as overconfident as always and credit 5-0 to the mighty, Laneinvincibles.

We have bagged 53 points from a possible 45 at the Lane this Premier League season, nah, course not even at this early hour of the morning my maffs ain't that bad - it's 41 from a possible 45, blimey geezers! Le's make that 44 from 48 on Saturday.
Excellent work again from the holiday isle Dorset....You're on a fantastic run!!

No need to over elaborate here, field a decent team as per Swansea, which actually translates as best available at present. Early goal to break down their Yuge Yellow wall and take a comfortable 3-0 win. This weeks prediction is Dele and Vincent to score and eachway bet Vertonghen as well. Good luck lads, no more injuries please, I'm coming to see you next week, thanks.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Sometimes I read things said by Poch and before I've read the name underneath I think it's Billy Nic quote.
absolutely 100% spot on.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Sometimes I read things said by Poch and before I've read the name underneath I think it's Billy Nic quote.
Maybe he's like the Dahlia Larmer geezer wot gets reincarnated? Or maybe he has been possessed by the ghost of Sir Bill, if I believed in all that mumbo-jumbo it would be a possibility. I do like what he says and I do like what Sir Bill said so any road up I'm happy.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Poche do you think he's all that?
Nah mate, he ain't won nothing and he ain't a gobby dutch or portugese cunt so nah, let's give him the boot and see if LVG will change his mind.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
watford will face Tottenham 'without a defence' as the Hornets' injury crisis intensified ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash.

Former Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul suffered a hamstring injury against Sunderland, Sebastian Prodl is recovering from a rib injury and Miguel Britos is suspended after his midweek red card.

Troy Deeney, Heurelho Gomes, Etienne Capoue, Valon Behrami and Heurelho Gomes are also all major doubts, in addition to the already-stricken Roberto Pereyra and Mauro Zarate.

Watford boss Walter Mazzarri said: "Against Tottenham, we are always in an emergency.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
watford will face Tottenham 'without a defence' as the Hornets' injury crisis intensified ahead of Saturday's Premier League clash.

Former Tottenham defender Younes Kaboul suffered a hamstring injury against Sunderland, Sebastian Prodl is recovering from a rib injury and Miguel Britos is suspended after his midweek red card.

Troy Deeney, Heurelho Gomes, Etienne Capoue, Valon Behrami and Heurelho Gomes are also all major doubts, in addition to the already-stricken Roberto Pereyra and Mauro Zarate.

Watford boss Walter Mazzarri said: "Against Tottenham, we are always in an emergency.
Both Gomes and Gomes are out.....they'll struggle for a goalkeeper then.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
If they are that fucked for players we need to send out a strong side and finish it within 45 mins.

No fucking about, no risky selections, get the fucking points.

The swans game will have instilled a serious bit of steel in this group. Last year I think was wiped from memory due to that super comeback.

Wrap these point up early doors and look onto getting some names back in the side to add variation and additional steel.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Not being pedantic. But i thought kick off was 12.30

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Not being pedantic. But i thought kick off was 12.30
You are and it is....well spotted. We're all at it, I'm missing the first half of games in the Brickkies and now we're an hour late for kick off. I put it down to all the excitement that we just keep winning......no-one is used to it, what's going on?

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Both Gomes and Gomes are out.....they'll struggle for a goalkeeper then.

And there was me thinking that Manchester United had finally perfected cloning technology with Ryan Giggs.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
You are and it is....well spotted. We're all at it, I'm missing the first half of games in the Brickkies and now we're an hour late for kick off. I put it down to all the excitement that we just keep winning......no-one is used to it, what's going on?
I'm in farking Majorca, the game WILL be on at 13:30, so anyone who isn't in Majorca will have to adjust their brains to my geographic location. If I go off to the bar at 12:00 Majoricaish time it will only be 11:00 in Ingerlish time, so I will be too early. FFS people are so farking fussy about times, I say tomato and as I have said so many times I don't give a flying fuck what anybody else says.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just saying it kicks off here at 14.30 if anyone gives a shit?

Now the good stuff!!
Poch`s presser;
The return of Harry Kane
"He’s had a few sessions before today but today he was involved with the team. We will see tomorrow and see at the start of the game if he could be on bench. He is ready and feeling good. It’s good news for him and us. He is an important player for us and available again to help team."

Will he play this weekend?
"Maybe, we need to decide tomorrow. Could be on bench but good to be involved tomorrow."

How big a boost is it ahead of the final eight matches?
"It is important to have more alternatives for the team. I think Harry is good news. It is true that we have different players, we see if Rose is available in a few weeks. It is always important to have all the squad ready to compete because we are in a tough part of season."
Goalkeeping situation
"We have Pau Lopez who is ready to compete. I will see tomorrow if he will be involved. We Need to see If Lloris and Vorm are available. Michel is going for a scan this afternoon but Pau is ready to play if Hugo not ready."

Is it a gamble playing Pau Lopez?
"Why? He trains with us and plays in under-23s. Last week he played for Spain under-21s in Denmark and Italy. He’s very young but he’s here because we believe in him. If Hugo or Michel not ready he is a keeper that can cope with the pressure of playing."

How much has Kane trained this week?
"We are happy he is ready. After one month out you need competition. He pushed himself a lot to be ready and we need to decide tomorrow if he will be in starting XI or on bench. He is back and in the team. He is our main striker and what it means for team is massive."
Janssen stepping up in Kane’s absence.
"It’s very good that he got Man-of-the-Match and didn’t score. I’m very happy for him. It’s tough to arrive in a league which is completely different from which he came.

"He’s very young but me and the team are happy for him as he has suffered a lot when you can’t fit your game into the team. He’s improved a lot in past few months and this is why we signed him as he has showed his quality."

Walter Mazzarri on Watford’s defensive problems
"That is mind games. I don’t believe they only play with eight or nine players. They’ll play with 11 players. That is mind games."

From the evening standard

Tottenham are hopeful goalkeeper Hugo Lloris will recover from illness in order to regain his place for tomorrow's Premier League fixture against Watford.

His deputy, Michel Vorm, took a knock to the knee in the 3-1 victory at Swansea on Wednesday night and is struggling to recover ahead of the encounter with Walter Mazzarri's side.

Midfielder Victor Wanyama also missed out at Swansea with a back injury which he sustained in the previous match at Burnley.

Wanyama, 25, was close to playing at Swansea and continues to be assessed by medical staff.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Blimey, it's all going on whatever time it says on your watch, phone, clock, sundial. but for any UK residents going to the game Mr Poch and the players would really like it if you could be there by 12.30 to cheer the boys on. Thanks in advance.

It's also excellent practice for the following weekend against Bournemouth, another Saturday when you'll have to have an early breakfast.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's also excellent practice for the following weekend against Bournemouth, another Saturday when you'll have to have an early breakfast.
you`re all arranged mate??

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Just about to hop on a train fookin Newcastle pet! It's like Majorca without the weather. Get in at 12.20 so just in time for the game! Looking forward to putting a bit of pressure on Chelsea and the return of saint Harry.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Kane,wanyama and Lloris have travelled to WHL,so thats positive !!

B

Bbkyid

Founding Member
Great to see Lloris and Wanyama back and of course Kane! Nice line up and strong bench. Only surprise is Trippier over Walker.
COYS

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just about to hop on a train fookin Newcastle pet! It's like Majorca without the weather. Get in at 12.20 so just in time for the game! Looking forward to putting a bit of pressure on Chelsea and the return of saint Harry.
What time is the kick off up there mate? Do you want me to add it to the thread title?

Great opportunity for 'he scores when he wants' Vincent today, he can shut those numpties up for good, or until he doesn't score a hat-trick in the first five minutes. Fantastic to see Kane on the bench, he can have a little run around for the last ten minutes and score the final 2 goals of the 7 were going to get today.

The San Miguels are in the fridge, peanuts by the bedside, the holiday stuff of walking and getting some sun has been done, I'm going to enjoy this! COYS!