By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Watford - H (PL) 20:00 Mon 30th April 2018

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Match Preview - Tottenham Hotspur vs Watford
Monday, 30 April 2018 , 20:00

num9.png

Premiership Meetings
Tottenham Hotspur have faced Watford in 9 previous Premier League matches.
num6.png

Tottenham Hotspur Wins
Tottenham Hotspur won 6 of the 9 games played previously against Watford in the Premier League, a 66.66% success rate.
num0.png

Watford Wins
Watford won 0 of the 9 games played previously against Tottenham Hotspur in the Premier League, a 0% success rate
num3.png

Drawn Games
Tottenham Hotspur and Watford have drawn 33.33%, 3 of their 9 Premier League games.
num4.png

Highest Tottenham Hotspur win margin
The highest winning margin achieved by Tottenham Hotspur over Watford in a Premier League game was 4, last scored in the game played on Saturday, 8 April 2017, the final score was Tottenham Hotspur 4 , Watford 0.
num0.png

Highest Watford win margin
Watford have never beaten Tottenham Hotspur in a Premier League game

Right, Apologies in advance, this thread would have started much better if Dorset had not decided to take a break but he has so that's that.

It's time to stop feeling sorry for ourselves and get up for this important match on Monday night. One more win I think knocks the Scum out of the reckoning for top 4 and overtaking us this season, although that realistically happened a long time ago. We need to be up for this and bang in three or four goals and I think we will. Let's set 3rd as the realistic target and overtake Liverpool starting Monday night. They have to play Chelsea yet so that will sort either one or the other out.

Make a statement Poch, very strong team and go for the jugular from the off. We need a tonic, this could be the perfect game for it.

Spurs win 5-0 Kane hatrick, Eriksen and Dier.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Let's kick the crap out of this lot. We should win every remaining game so let's start with this one and put the Chavs behind us were they belong. Play fearlessly and with intensity and this one shouldn't be close. COYS!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Liverpool Getting held is massive. We need the lads to step up to the plate now. Chelsea are creeping up on us and it's just not on, but if we can win this one soon enough it'll be between Liverpool n Chelsea.

Hopefully a good week off has the spirits up and we can crack on with a Harry Hatrick.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Important we get behind the lads tonight. It's what proper suppprt is all about

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Important we get behind the lads tonight. It's what proper suppprt is all about

Nah, I'm gonna incant 'the power of the Jenas' by sitting here slagging players so they pop up and drill in 20 yarders to make me eat my words. Always worked in the past although strangely Sissoko seems immune!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Nah, I'm gonna incant 'the power of the Jenas' by sitting here slagging players so they pop up and drill in 20 yarders to make me eat my words. Always worked in the past although strangely Sissoko seems immune!
Do whatever works mate, just need a decent win.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.

Fuck sake read the numpty comment underneath:mad:

Apparently Poch and Levy are cunts because an outgoing player who hasn't played much should be playing ahead of our future CB pairing! OH and Lucas should be starting ahead of Son apparently. Some people...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
C’mon boys let’s do this! Very strong lineup against a side that haven’t won in 6 and have only scored one away goal this year. They’re pretty much safe, so if we don’t win this, i’ll be a little concerned. Do not want to give any more ammunition to the press with regards to those nasty cunty Chavs catching us. If any team is gonna get caught it’ll be the Dippers...3-0 or 4-1, me thinks!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Sooooo... Hold on a second here... We have Moura and Lamela on the bench and Poch brings in Sissoko. Someone explain this madness to me??!!!

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Dont think i will bother listening to what neville has to say!!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
3 points is about as much as I can say about that performance. Looking forward to this season ending tbh, we look so jaded.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
What a classic that was....cant wait for the dvd to come out

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Cannot quite believe Sissoko is a professional footballer.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I sense a number of personnel changes this summer. Actually, I welcome it.
We need a bit of a shake up.
Maybe up to 5 out.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Well we got it done that's the main thing. Nothing but a win would do and it's done. I can't put my finger on the problem ATM we look deflated. Are the players starting to suffer burn out?

Tough one at the weekend here so we need to push on now a bit if Chelsea pressure is eased off.

Still can't get over that Sissoko substitution. I swear Poch is playing a trick for seasons end..

'Ooooo 10m for Sissoko, no way he's our go to substitute' (secretly chuckling inside as levy bites the buyers hand off).

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well I'm just back from Wembley and that was about as flat as it gets, from everyone including Poch. What we needed was some zip and flair, it was Watford at home. Something to lift the players and fans. What we got was 3rd gear, sideways and back.

Now at least I haven't forgotten that we've beaten Madrid, United, Chelsea away and played some great stuff this season, but tonight we needed to look like we wanted to end the season same as last year and we didn't. We looked like the team of two seasons ago when we gave up after the battle of the Bridge. I know we shouldn't be moaning, grist we're playing CL football regularly, finishing second and third in the league, when did that ever happen in the last 30 years, but because expectations have been set we need to keep them up.

We got the win - good. Let's get back on it for the last 3 games and finish third. Decent season again.

We then need Levy to seriously back the manager and the players otherwise the Summer could be a very interesting time.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Well we got it done that's the main thing. Nothing but a win would do and it's done. I can't put my finger on the problem ATM we look deflated. Are the players starting to suffer burn out?

Tough one at the weekend here so we need to push on now a bit if Chelsea pressure is eased off.

Still can't get over that Sissoko substitution. I swear Poch is playing a trick for seasons end..

'Ooooo 10m for Sissoko, no way he's our go to substitute' (secretly chuckling inside as levy bites the buyers hand off).

I think the Chavs game mentally took a lot out of the team. It was such a big win for so many reasons and it sort of looks like they’ve just switched off a bit mentally, almost like that was the season defining win.

We were so bad in the first 30 odd mins against City, I don’t remember seeing us play that poorly in a period of a game for a pretty long time. We were laboured against Brighton, flew out the blocks against Utd, almost a complete reversal of the first 30 against City but then in the 2nd half again we just looked a little laboured, although to be fair it’s bloody hard breaking thru that fucking bus that cunt parks. Then again tonight, we just looked laboured and mentally we just weren’t really there, simple passes going awry and not a huge amount of movement. I agree mate, there does look like signs of a bit of a burnout, although saying all that we may we’ll just tear it up in the last 3 games, if there is a bit of a burnout, it’s not great with the WC coming up and going into next season.

Bottom line I guess, is that another couple of wins and this’ll go down as another very impressive season.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The slow sideways and back, rather than zip, move and forward Is down to Poch though, as were tonight's substitutions. I completely get that the result was the important thing, but this was Watford at home, 2-0 up.

A bit of belief maybe? a couple more goals for Harry, 20minutes for Lucas or Lamela to add some pace would have been well received.

Maybe I'm being naive?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
The slow sideways and back, rather than zip, move and forward Is down to Poch though, as were tonight's substitutions. I completely get that the result was the important thing, but this was Watford at home, 2-0 up.

A bit of belief maybe? a couple more goals for Harry, 20minutes for Lucas or Lamela to add some pace would have been well received.

Maybe I'm being naive?

Harry should have had a hat trick and been right on Salah. That offside from verts beaut touch and the rebound from verts header.

We seem to be doing that 4 passes where 1 would do malarchy again. Slows us down so much. One thing I noticed alot today was Dembele to Trippier. Seems to be coming from his left foot and Trippier being easier to aim at than Davies who spent half the game in acres of space.

Wanyama was a breath of fresh air. He looked sharp.

Shout out for Lloris to, he's had a few sketchy moments recently but he pulled off several great saves today aswell as that slide tackle.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Why didn't Davies ever take his fullback on tonight? Get behind their defence, Trippier did on the other side.

Sorry I'm being grumpy, I wanted a Champagne performance and a few goals and didn't get one.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
That was awful to watch. Yes we got the 3 points but we can entirely thank Hugo for that.

Dembele and Dier were both horrible. I am not sure what is wrong with Mousa but he has been off ever since we were dumped from the Champions League. And as for Dier, well he is half the player Wanyama is....yet for some reason Wanyama is tipped to leave the club in the summer.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I've found over the years that it only works if you put in in writing on the forum.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
3pts closer to being top London club and CL football.

Thats about it,west brom is a worry,they look motivated ATM,we need to be up for that game,honest,right now I would accept a draw.Mainly because we look either tired,jaded,lacking belief or our mojo is gone.

Hopefully Kane will ease back into being the monster he is,and it will all go right from there.