By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Watford (H) PL Wed 20th January

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursWatford.jpg

Somebody already done this thread while I am homelsss in Spain? Dunno, anywhere here it is.

Tottenham Hotspur v Watford
47 Meetings

All Competitions
In all the 47 matches Tottenham Hotspur have played against Watford they have won 29 lost 8 and drawn 10 matches.

Tottenham Hotspur have played Watford 47 times in all competitions.

First Match

Their first match was in the Southern League on Saturday, 6 October 1900. Tottenham Hotspur were playing at home that day and the final score was Watford 2 Tottenham Hotspur 1 .

Last Match

The latest meeting between these two teams was a League Cup game on Wednesday, 26 September 2018, the score was Tottenham Hotspur 2 Watford 2.

Highest Goals in Game - 9

Southern League, Saturday, 26 October 1901, Tottenham Hotspur 8 Watford 1
League Cup, Wednesday, 21 September 1994, Watford 3 Tottenham Hotspur 6

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Ha ha, if I had a modicum of intelligence I would have checked before posting on your Countdown thread.

Let’s hope the Crystal Palace plan of resting just about every first team player that was fit pays off. I like the gap and it would be a very fine thing to maintain it. This Watford lot are owed a bit of a beating as well, based on that result earlier this year. Trouble is they’re playing well and just had a nice FA Cup win at Newcastle, so they’re buoyant.

Sort it out lads and get a win here, get back on track onward and upward. A loss and the numpties will start looking for tall buildings and lengths of rope. Maybe that’s a good thing?

Spurs by the odd goal I think 2-1, going to be tight though. Just win, not must win.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There’s going to be a very small crowd this evening I fear, at least judging from the website. Midweek Wednesday night, fear of snow or just general grumpiness?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Watford is not really the sort of team you want to play against when your backs are to the wall and you have lots of unavailable stars. The Hornets will fancy themselves to get something out of this.

Would much rather be playing City or Liverpool to be honest. At least you can adopt a siege mentality in that sort of fixture where any points would be a bonus with our available squad. This match however, we would be expected to win regardless of our injury list.

I'm pretty sure it won't be a walk in the park. We will have to really earn the three points here.

1-1 or 2-1 our way.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
To be honest I don't really see our team being in a real crisis with the simple return of Son. If Sissoko is back aswell we have options.

Lloris
Trips toby vert rose
Dier winks
Son eriksen lucas
Llorente

That's a flipping good team. Although Liverpools 10 day or whatever it was break would have been nice considering we came out of the period out of 2 comps.

Think we'll get the heads up and get the win. 3-0

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
To be honest I don't really see our team being in a real crisis with the simple return of Son. If Sissoko is back aswell we have options.

Lloris
Trips toby vert rose
Dier winks
Son eriksen lucas
Llorente

That's a flipping good team. Although Liverpools 10 day or whatever it was break would have been nice considering we came out of the period out of 2 comps.

Think we'll get the heads up and get the win. 3-0
Got to say that I’d play Lamela or Sissoko, and Son up front. I’d also play KWP ahead of Tripps atm. Is Aurier on the naughty step after his police interview? Keep Llorente on the bench, for hoof ball later if required.

Need Eriksen to run the show tonight, and generally get stuck into this lot.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’m going to need a stream for this later, if anyone has got anything reliable please share, thanks in advance.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I would go a tad off the grid for this one.

Lloris
Dier Toby Jan Rose
Winks Sissoko Eriksen
Lamela Son Moura

Might even consider Foyth at CM and moving Eriksen up front and Lamela to the bench. Or we could play three at the back and start Aurier and send him and Rose bombing forward. Either way I think we find a way to win this comfortably. Please.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I would go a tad off the grid for this one.

Lloris
Dier Toby Jan Rose
Winks Sissoko Eriksen
Lamela Son Moura

Might even consider Foyth at CM and moving Eriksen up front and Lamela to the bench. Or we could play three at the back and start Aurier and send him and Rose bombing forward. Either way I think we find a way to win this comfortably. Please.
Deeney upfront for them is a big unit so perhaps sanchez in a 3??and their other tricky outlet is Deulofeu,right side I think so hopefully comes up against Rose.Cant wait to see how many minutes Ben Foster has the ball for goalkicks.:confused:

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
BTW tonight we go to equal Boltons record of 28 PL games without a draw.

0-0 it is then.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
if we win, it won't be pretty. expecting a draw or loss :(

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
if we win, it won't be pretty. expecting a draw or loss :(

Relax, we are going to thrash them. I was walking earlier and had a vision that we would score 4 goals. They will grab one at the most so we are all good!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Interesting. Love the 3 CBs and Rose and Aurier. Not crazy about Llorente, although he'll be useful both attacking and defending corners.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Time for some goals tonight. Get the ball up to Llorente head, not tippy tappy in front of their defence. Bit of directness I think

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fuck I am a long way off from feeling like this .Going out the cup hurt,but we are still 3rd and in CL,at least wait until it goes proper pear shaped before kicking off

DyLsHKKWkAIcpui.jpg

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
What a cunt.

Also, imagine if by some miracle Llorente suddenly started banging in goals left right and centre and propelled us to glory in the league and Champions league.... at least we wouldn't have to build a statue of him, just sign him for a further 5 years...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Their goal probably should've been a foul, but Davinson's got to be stronger, gets knocked off the ball way too easily.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Any fucking chance that Aurier, Rose and Eriksen can put a cross more than three feet off the turf?

Llorente has his limitations but he’d be livid with the service being offered here.

Reactions: Yid
The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Their goal probably should've been a foul, but Davinson's got to be stronger, gets knocked off the ball way too easily.

No foul for mine. That sort of stuff happens at every corner.

Sanchez soft as butter there to be honest.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
In other news the Chavs are losing, so some comfort at least!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
It's like a scene from the Twilight Zone. Everyone needs to wake up and grind out a win here. We should be able to grab two goals here. Someone needs to step up.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Jesus Christ...it was more difficult to miss than to score there. Fuck me.