By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Wet Spam (A) 24th at 2pm

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Apparently if we win, we'll be the first team in Premier League history to start off a campaign with 3 wins, 3 defeats and 3 wins.

Please, hold your applause 😂

I hate these games against them anyway. They always tend to balls everything up if we're starting to get a run going. 2 defeats in 6 games isn't bad, regardless of some of the durge actually on the field, and a win would take us equal 3rd at least.

So a 2 goal loss it is then ..

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Believe it or not, the Pikeys are a good side.

We can't trot out a half baked, lacklustre performance against them because they'll pull our pants down.

Declan Rice will work his arse off and although I slagged the shit out of him during the world cup, he looks like he is confident and playing even better in the Wet Spam side.

Antonio is a real handful on his day and he tends to have a day most weeks, so I expect Deir to turn into a sack of spuds again.

Fornals and Soucek again work their tits off and can create from all over the park.

The Ex goon keeper isn't a mug and H will need to give a fuck this week in order to get his obligatory "goal every other game" ratio back on track.

Basically Nuno best get them fired up, they best not let their heads slip when the Spammers pile on the pressure and especially if they go ahead.

Nuno can't stand on the sidelines with his arms crossed glaring at the shit he is witnessing if it happens, he'll have to act quickly and decisively because if they smell blood.... they'll love to stick one right up us.

To win this we need the A team on fire with the right tactics to nullify their workrate and drive... for me, the only way you do that is by working harder and more effectively so that they can't play their game. We need to dictate the game in their home or things will go south quickly.

Ndombele needs to be prepared to get bloody, mix it up and pull the wonder balls/runs out of his arse, every minute he is on the pitch.

Lucas needs to be right at it giving them problems to deal with. He's been good this season and picked up a lot of the other lads slack imo.

Hoijberg is key (as he always is) a mopping up, breaking down their attacks and setting us off in the other direction as quickly as possible. The last bit is critical. Keeping the tempo high and away from our goal.

Kane and Son need to be clinical with the former looking like he gives a shit and putting a captains shift in (I know he isn't the captain but he fucking should be).

Basically a tough afternoon I reckon. Let's hope we at least give them a game and the A team can put a shift in after being rested midweek.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Winks left out of the match day squad, appears Nuno didn’t appreciate his comments 😂

Tough game as it’s their cup final, always raise it. If we apply 100% all over the pitch, we will have too much for them

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I thought that was a penalty….not sure why it was not given

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Lucas and Son look lively but Kane not at the races so far. Really liking what i see with Romero. Will get better and better as he settles...Hard to call this one....

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Yeah, pretty equal across both teams. Not the most exciting derby I have ever seen, almost like we are trying to take the sting out of the game. A bit like the game last week

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
All a bit "meh", but the points are there for us if a few of them buck up a bit...

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Feel sorry for Winks. I know he gets a lot of shit but he’s always been loyal and genuinely loves playing for the club.

If he has indeed been dropped for what he said in the press, that might not sit will either some of the other players I imagine.

Think this will be decided by a set piece of someone cocking up in the end. Agree it’s very meh so far

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Should have made the most of the break from Romero…

Kane playing a bad pass at the end.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Wow, thought for a moment Romero spat on him….

stupid from our centre half

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Can’t say I’m surprised..

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Everything's just a bit slow and laboured. Our passing and movement, is just really pedestrian, even our footballing intellect is slow, Sonny gives it to Royal, Royal has 3 Hammers around him and Sonny just stands right behind one of them, giving Royal no option but to pass back, all Sonny has to do is move 2 yards either side and Royal can give it to him and cut 3 opponents out and plenty of space to move into. That happens so often our players standing around in areas that the ball player can't give them the ball in, when all they need to do is move a few yards.

It's so annoying to watch, and Harry's been awful today, he epitomises our performance today, slow and laboured.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
We get what we deserve with the utter horseshit we play. Fucking Kane went to sleep there.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Since most of these players were rested in midweek, this level of performance is inexcusable

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I'm very torn over Kane.. he's a fucking legend, we owe him nothing BUT downing tools when you don't get the move you want, especially when you're under contract and the biggest earner at the club. It's not acceptable. He needs to cop himself on and get over himself.....

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
considering all the players today and last Thursday are playing so badly, the only blame here is the manager.
he needs to get hold of this team or just fuck off.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I'm very torn over Kane.. he's a fucking legend, we owe him nothing BUT downing tools when you don't get the move you want, especially when you're under contract and the biggest earner at the club. It's not acceptable. He needs to cop himself on and get over himself.....

Sit the cunt in the under 23’s. Fuck him. For the money we pay him the minimum expectation is that he acts like a professional.

It’s absolutely fucking unacceptable.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

considering all the players today and last Thursday are playing so badly, the only blame here is the manager.
he needs to get hold of this team or just fuck off.

Indeed. If he can't get the players fired up for a match against that lot then all is not right behind the scenes and I think a change has to be seriously considered now.

There can't be an excuses about tiredness or fatigue with the team today. This is on Nuno.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Indeed. If he can't get the players fired up for a match against that lot then all is not right behind the scenes and I think a change has to be seriously considered now.

There can't be an excuses about tiredness or fatigue with the team today. This is on Nuno.

It’s 90% on Nuno but if the Kane hits a simple square ball to Son and defends at a pub football player level we win 1-0.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Predictable, Pedestrian, Pathetic, Pony. So now we know the 2nd team are crap, but the first team are as well. It was like watching a bunch of old blokes playing walking football, hundreds of back passes to Dier who killed the already slow as fuck pace, with the occasional aimless long ball up the field for Kane to try and dribble through 6 defenders.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I see no influence in this team from the manager. Reminds me of us under Ramos.

For me, they are not playing for him.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I hate to pile in Nuno, but when the players are consistently flat, who else can you blame? They play like it's a training session. Even at the end they were happy to jog about and run down the clock. And Kane is either injured or needs to be sold tomorrow. There's no in between. And sadly we'll be lucky to get 80 mil for him now. He has played Levy like a fiddle, which would be funny if it weren't at our expense. It seemed the away support was excellent. Too bad they can't suit up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't see it.... I stripped a wall.

Lads, what type of cunt sticks up lining paper and then paints it with vinyl/water proof paint in a hallway...!!!

The fucking steamer is just melting the paint so it looks like Freddie fucking Krugers mush on my wall...!!!

I have been stripping this fucker for a week. If it was more than 3m² I'd be amazed.

I have used a perforator, I've used a steamer and I have resorted to using a fucking craft knife and scraping it in maybe 2mm strips off at a time... absolute cunt of a job.

And all in the knowledge that I'll have to reline it and paint it just as it was painted before...

Oh, fuck Spurs.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
It's just annoying, i get a little bit of excitement going after last weekend but then after today you realise that we generally only look half decent against teams that can't defend and aren't particularly well organised.

I bang on about this all the time, the passing is woeful at times and the movement off the ball is non existent, it's like they can't be bothered, there's no spark, no passion, and we can blame Nuno all we like but it's no different to what it was like under latter day Poch, then Mourinho and now Nuno, i'm pretty sure the players aren't told to standstill and the manager can't pass the ball for the players, this is largely down to the lack of quality from the players.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
But on the plus side, we're not Man Utd fans!!!Holy fuck!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
It'd be a good contest to see who is wankest between us and Utd...