By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What`s the deal towards Pochettino?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Warning!! may contain strong opinions and bias.

If it`s not our own fanbase putting the boot in,then up pipes Richard "smash her backdoors in" Keys

Keys said: "Spurs are still short - way short of where they were last season. Again, I'm hearing all is not well behind the scenes. I'm not convinced that Pochettino got what he wanted in the transfer window and he wasn't that impressed by what he did get. Watch this space!"

Is it because of the cult of celebrity nowadays,social media`s freedom of expression,too much media coverage,or are people still hung up on Redknapp,AVB or even Sherwood :confused: and so entrenched in their own small worlds that kick the poch is the latest internet craze?Surely I am missing something here,what happened to the good ole days when people waited for a fuck up to occur before "Et tu, Brute?" and a swift knife in the back.
Damned if he does,damned if he does something else,just pure damned by a section of our support,who despite never playing beyond "dog&duck" standard,not holding uefa coaching licenses,not ever having managed anything beyond the local U13 village team,or watching a professional game live in the flesh (it seems),and yet are qualified enough to constantly bemoan anything and everything Pochettino does.The latest thing s to kick off any excuse to have dig being Wimmer and the crazy line up poch put out that beat sunderland.Yes we actually won would you believe,and sit 3rd with best defence in the league,best team in london,and also above liverpool,united as well as arsenal and chelsea,Early days,but surely early days to have a mini-meltdown too

So Wimmer,has anyone actually seen him train or know what his attitude is,fitness,injury status or if simply CCV looks better at hotspur way,well yes Pochettino has.What a crazy gamble he took on sunday,playing vertongen in the position he plays for his country,with Dier playing the position he was actually originally bought for,and rest Davies who played alot more games for Wales than any of our english players in the summer eh!.And who if rose is still out for another week could well play on weds in the cup,away at boro and away at CSKA in a weeks time.Scream for rotation and then when we accomplish that its a crazy gamble.

Its not just that, there is the old no plan B myth,which when he starts with 442 is wrong,or if we play Dele and not wanyama in the thought of actually having a go at monaco at home (didnt work I know) but so much for no plan B and same shit over and over.Mason must be his son cos he plays him all the time which becomes,why sell mason and not carroll,bentaleb is shite and then we are going to regret that when he becomes a worldly,ditto Chadli.
He cant manage star names with his attitude,and yet hugo,eriksen,alli,kane, signing long contracts,what so he fucked off Adebayor soon as and thats a negative??makes him a hero,look at the idiot who signed him or who tried to massage his huge ego to even get him to break a sweat first please,oh yeah he sold Catpoo as well FPMSL.

Ok hands up he didnt sign,develop all of the players to be mentioned,but anyone want to argue they havent improved?Forget that the guy achieved our highest PL finish (cos his pts total wasnt a record ofc and the rest of the league was apparently shite),has already taken us to a cup final,but lets give him a shoeing anyway.
First time I can hand on my brain say we have many players that most top 4 teams would sign in an instant,Hugo,walker,rose,toby,kane,alli,eriksen,dembele,if Lamela and vertonghen are the weak links well slap me with a buttered kipper in the chops that aint bad!!Our team ethos is to be marvelled at by the likes of man united and chelsea,our defensive resilience to be envied by arsenal and liverpool and our net spend on transfers to be jizzed all over by sheik yerbooty at city,whom despite spending several billion of yer actual english pounds less than we lorded over last season under....yes Poch.

I am really baffled (and hence the point of this thread),as to what it is that Poch gives off to make these people distrust,dislike and constantly moan,when things are actually going swingingly,I fear what will happen when we have a bump in the road and the vocal disapproval grows louder.Is it just society nowadays or I am blind to something that is inevitably going to go wrong?Christ on a wheelbarrow,arent these the good times again we waited 30 years for?
I have said it before,and heard in person stevie p,chivers,ossie,burkinshaw all say what a good manager he is,and those around then like perryman say he is the closest thing to Bill Nic,relentless,hardworking,demanding,thoughtful,punishing and like Bill Nic the players clearly love him for his hard arse ways of making them improve,no excuses,respect the club,fans,each other,the great game they play,simply demand more and watch them produce more.They must hate him at times,the work he demands and yet look at the love our team has for him,if he went elsewhere how many do you think would follow??

He isnt perfect,he is still too young to be so,but he is bloody magic,you know Mauricio Pochettino.
So doubtful spurs fans,put a sock in it,because here and now you have no cause for complaint.

coming soon "whats the deal towards Kane";)

Last edited:
Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
The Media hate having the apple cart upset.

They want the big 4 to be dominant, this increase their reach globally and improves their financial income through social media hits and advertising.

Even Leicester winning is such a fairy tale story, that they would also profit on the amount of people globally that were interested in the story.

But Tottenham, no, not for them. In their eyes we are a mid table club with medium support globally. Any success here would ruin their media plans.

PEP v JOSE
Liverpool are coming back
Finally its Arsenals year

They probably have all the headlines, promotional TV spots written....

There is NOTHING wrong at Tottenham. If there was, we would not be unbeaten in 3rd Place.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
I believe Poch has been the most important signing for Spurs in years. And the players all signing new 5-year deals (corresponding in length with Poch's contract) must think so, too.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I believe Poch has been the most important signing for Spurs in years. And the players all signing new 5-year deals (corresponding in length with Poch's contract) must think so, too.
Its a no-brainer isnt it?I cannot understand the antipathy towards him from sections of our fanbase.Maybe its just the way the world is now,everyone is an armchair expert,and right of debate etc etc.Our job as supporters is to support the club,both financially and vocally with support through thick and thin,pretty sure Bale and Soldado,Kane when they started off and had hard times benefitted from unrelenting support from fans in the ground,so what is happening with Janssen now,well in the cyber world unrelenting doubts and abuse,I know it wont be like that when he plays,and that Poch probably doesnt give a hoot about these opinions,but really we are better,stronger when we all pull together,and that includes armchair experts on the net.The fact its personal agenda driven tosh does my head in,what do they think they are proving?
Fans have the right of protest,but when things are off the rails,or about issues (ticketing,financing&so on),but things are just dandy arent they?So what if he plays dembele,dier and Kane in a wheelchair tomorrow,dont have a coronary over it,unless we lose.

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
Not to wax all philosophical @skiathospurs ... but I think what Nick Hornby wrote in Fever Pitch describes so many of today's so-called fans/supporters, "Not for the first time in my life, and certainly not for the last, a self-righteous gloom had edged out all semblance of logic. ... We invest hours each day, months each year, years each lifetime in something over which we have no control; is it any wonder then, that we are reduced to creating ingenious but bizarre liturgies designed to give us the illusion that we are powerful after all, just as every other primitive community has done when faced with a deep and apparently impenetrable mystery?”

I'm 70 next month and this is my 61st year of being a Spurs fan. I first saw Spurs in the 1955-56 season on television and was drawn to the flair of the team. The Spurs' way of playing has always entertained me: the attacking style; the chemistry among the players; the connection with the fans; etc. Sure, there have been rough times (relegation, ugh!) and good times (trophies!),but the constant for me has always been "the Spurs' way."

Fast forward to today and I see Poch's Spurs fully encapsulating "the Spurs' way": the commitment to an attacking style (from back-to-front, everyone thinks scoring); the chemistry among the players (the back four, the mids, seemingly everyone with Dele and Sonny, etc.); the connection to the fans (my kids, one a Blackburn fan and the other a Liverpool fan -- sorry, don't know how that happened -- toured England a few years ago and attended the Spurs-Rovers match at WHL and told me that nowhere in their travels had they experienced a crowd that was so in love with the players as at WHL; and the players seem to be genuinely in love with the fans -- even Soldado continues to tweet his support from afar.).

Trophies at the end of the season are nice, for sure, but really the most important thing for me is "the Spurs' way" -- that's what gives me joy and has kept me a Spurs fan my entire life.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Not to wax all philosophical @skiathospurs ... but I think what Nick Hornby wrote in Fever Pitch describes so many of today's so-called fans/supporters, "Not for the first time in my life, and certainly not for the last, a self-righteous gloom had edged out all semblance of logic. ... We invest hours each day, months each year, years each lifetime in something over which we have no control; is it any wonder then, that we are reduced to creating ingenious but bizarre liturgies designed to give us the illusion that we are powerful after all, just as every other primitive community has done when faced with a deep and apparently impenetrable mystery?”

I'm 70 next month and this is my 61st year of being a Spurs fan. I first saw Spurs in the 1955-56 season on television and was drawn to the flair of the team. The Spurs' way of playing has always entertained me: the attacking style; the chemistry among the players; the connection with the fans; etc. Sure, there have been rough times (relegation, ugh!) and good times (trophies!),but the constant for me has always been "the Spurs' way."

Fast forward to today and I see Poch's Spurs fully encapsulating "the Spurs' way": the commitment to an attacking style (from back-to-front, everyone thinks scoring); the chemistry among the players (the back four, the mids, seemingly everyone with Dele and Sonny, etc.); the connection to the fans (my kids, one a Blackburn fan and the other a Liverpool fan -- sorry, don't know how that happened -- toured England a few years ago and attended the Spurs-Rovers match at WHL and told me that nowhere in their travels had they experienced a crowd that was so in love with the players as at WHL; and the players seem to be genuinely in love with the fans -- even Soldado continues to tweet his support from afar.).

Trophies at the end of the season are nice, for sure, but really the most important thing for me is "the Spurs' way" -- that's what gives me joy and has kept me a Spurs fan my entire life.
Nice!!thanks for that.
It pretty much consumes my life following this club and has done since i first went in the 70s,the camaraderie of the fans especially, I love being part of that number,its escapism from the humdrum of exisitance and well I just prefer my escapism to be a little special,dreamy,a longing for the good things not a right old moan about everything that has,could be,is wrong with whatever & If that makes me a so called "happy clapper" then I guess thats why the friends I surround myself with enjoy me,life`s too short to be a miserable cunt!!

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
I forgotten the last time I listened to a sky "expert" with exception of Neville and Jenas (if indeed he is Sky).

All the knee jerk reaction on internet is pretty poor and does not do anything to support our team.

Imagine if you were Mason or Townsend, having worked up at the club you supported as a kid, hey your breakthrough, trying to learn the game under a spotlight and your own fans start spilling there negative shit and you actually read their comments. Can't do them any favours at all and probably saps at their confidence.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I went for a couple of weeks of talk sport on the wireless while driving to and from work....

What a pile of utter horse shit that station is...!!!

Noshing off the Manc clubs the Dippers as well as the Chavs and Scum......

Everyone else was in the margins even Leicester and when they did get discussed it was wax lyrical mouthpiece who would say the most outrageous shit to get bellends to phone in... I switched off sharpish as my blood boiled with the pathetic regurgitation of the anti anything not top 4 rhetoric and the stream of twats desperate an thicken ough to be sucked in and engage in their shit.

What I'm basically getting at is these shock jocks say shit to make some cunt money.

I know our side hast played as well as it did last season yet but we have a few new faces to slot in and we have still managed to do better than we did in a historic season last time out.

We have played well in both the last games so all it needs now is for is to start converting some chnaces and cunts like him and the nes on TalkShite will pipe the fcuk down, say that they knew it all along or wait fr us to have a slip and be ready to suckle the teat of the money clubs and give us another shoeing.

Simply refuse to read their negative bilious shite and you won't go half way wrong.

boo

boo

Founding Member
this is a classic example of such media drivel...

"Harry Kane is out with ankle ligament damage, so Janssen is in contention to come in for only his fourth start"

We've played six games, three of which he has started then? So yeah, that needs to read 'only his forth start'.

muppets!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Its a no-brainer isnt it?I cannot understand the antipathy towards him from sections of our fanbase.Maybe its just the way the world is now,everyone is an armchair expert,and right of debate etc etc.Our job as supporters is to support the club,both financially and vocally with support through thick and thin,pretty sure Bale and Soldado,Kane when they started off and had hard times benefitted from unrelenting support from fans in the ground,so what is happening with Janssen now,well in the cyber world unrelenting doubts and abuse,I know it wont be like that when he plays,and that Poch probably doesnt give a hoot about these opinions,but really we are better,stronger when we all pull together,and that includes armchair experts on the net.The fact its personal agenda driven tosh does my head in,what do they think they are proving?
Fans have the right of protest,but when things are off the rails,or about issues (ticketing,financing&so on),but things are just dandy arent they?So what if he plays dembele,dier and Kane in a wheelchair tomorrow,dont have a coronary over it,unless we lose.
You taking the piss mate - don't have a coronary? Fuck off.

I agree - a bit, although the financially part is wearing a bit thin now. Over the years most of us have stumped up thousands to support what used to be a club, now it is a corporation and the fat cats like Levy and Lewis are giving it to us up the back door while nicking the wedge from our pockets. The Sky money could provide free tickets for proper supporters, but no, they still want just shy of a hundred fucking quid for a category A game. This season especially gets on my tits, even though it's unlikely I'll get to many games , I might try for the NLD but I don't know at the moment, but even if I don't get to go to any I am fucking angry at the rich bastards who make no mistake are in it totally for the wedge- they are still charging an arm and a leg for the privilege of being entered into a ballot for a fucking ticket. I do NOT support the corporate side of the THFC corporation, they are cunts and I hate them. having said that, there are no other cunts who I can suggest to take their place, other cunts would be worse cunts and it's better to stick with the cunt you know than the cunt you don't, even though I hate the cunts. and will never give them a penny more than I have to, no pies, no plastic cup beers, no shirts, not even a Spurs Chirpy jigsaw on sale at half price - OK I may waver a bit on that one, hard to resist eh? The Spurs Personalised Car Mat Set, looks fucking daft so I definitely won't be getting one of them.

I support the team and I support the Poch, not the cunts who own the team, I hate those cunts. I don't get the negativity, maybe they all watch that shouting programme on the telly - Eastenders and it affects their brains. I sometimes catch the last 30 seconds of that drivel who I am switching over to watch Mastermind or Bake-off and it's just barney after barney innit?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
You taking the piss mate - don't have a coronary? Fuck off.

I agree - a bit, although the financially part is wearing a bit thin now. Over the years most of us have stumped up thousands to support what used to be a club, now it is a corporation and the fat cats like Levy and Lewis are giving it to us up the back door while nicking the wedge from our pockets. The Sky money could provide free tickets for proper supporters, but no, they still want just shy of a hundred fucking quid for a category A game. This season especially gets on my tits, even though it's unlikely I'll get to many games , I might try for the NLD but I don't know at the moment, but even if I don't get to go to any I am fucking angry at the rich bastards who make no mistake are in it totally for the wedge- they are still charging an arm and a leg for the privilege of being entered into a ballot for a fucking ticket. I do NOT support the corporate side of the THFC corporation, they are cunts and I hate them. having said that, there are no other cunts who I can suggest to take their place, other cunts would be worse cunts and it's better to stick with the cunt you know than the cunt you don't, even though I hate the cunts. and will never give them a penny more than I have to, no pies, no plastic cup beers, no shirts, not even a Spurs Chirpy jigsaw on sale at half price - OK I may waver a bit on that one, hard to resist eh? The Spurs Personalised Car Mat Set, looks fucking daft so I definitely won't be getting one of them.

I support the team and I support the Poch, not the cunts who own the team, I hate those cunts. I don't get the negativity, maybe they all watch that shouting programme on the telly - Eastenders and it affects their brains. I sometimes catch the last 30 seconds of that drivel who I am switching over to watch Mastermind or Bake-off and it's just barney after barney innit?
I think that's cleared that one up?

boo

boo

Founding Member
Spurs fans saw Harry Kane go over on his ankle during the game against Sunderland, an accidental injury, right?

Kane's ankle injury is a symptom of manager Mauricio Pochettino's "demanding" training regime, according to top fitness and conditioning coach Raymond Verheijen. (Talksport

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
Spurs fans saw Harry Kane go over on his ankle during the game against Sunderland, an accidental injury, right?

Kane's ankle injury is a symptom of manager Mauricio Pochettino's "demanding" training regime, according to top fitness and conditioning coach Raymond Verheijen. (Talksport

Verheijen has some worthwhile ideas and I agree with a lot of what he says about training methods but like a lot of people who get adopted as gurus he is very monomanic and has a tendency to put down almost every injury down to fatigue, when while it may be a contributing element it is not the sole or majority element.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Exactly.

Just for some context, the quote in question came from a piece in which this silly old turd was praising Mourinho and Rooney:

http://richardajkeys.com/index.php/blog/item/don-t-panic-mr-mourinho

Incidentally, Keys, like the subhuman Piers Morgan, is worth following on Twitter just to see the abuse he gets for even the most mundane posts...

boo

boo

Founding Member
Verheijen has some worthwhile ideas and I agree with a lot of what he says about training methods but like a lot of people who get adopted as gurus he is very monomanic and has a tendency to put down almost every injury down to fatigue, when while it may be a contributing element it is not the sole or majority element.

This was completely irrelevant in terms of Kane and Pochettino though mate eh.

I see it as just more media mocking of Spurs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

What`s worse is that as well as some clog wearing weirdo airing a repeated rabid opinion about Poch that is complete speculation,on a poor journalistic radio talk show,is that then every paper repeated it using,that on air quote as their source for an article,some with the headline Poch to blame for Kane`s injury.
For example
Mauricio Pochettino "to blame for Harry Kane injury", says top fitness coach http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/tottenham-boss-mauricio-pochet

Verheijen goes on to suggest that the Argentine's intense training regime could be directly responsible for Kane's injury.
He says: "What probably has happened is that Pochettino has trained them too hard, too soon in pre-season.Twisting your ankle is a typical injury when you have accumulated fatigue."

Well whats his diagnosis on wilshere then?at least we now know what that WHD fanny pad from the other place does for a living now.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That Dutch bloke was the bloke who released those totally bolloxed statistics regarding European fixtures. He is selling his book and advertising his theories about training, which I believe folks like AVB subscribe to - one session to a maximum 90 minutes per day. The stats he quotes (like he did for the totally bolloxed post Euro fixture paper) are based on too small a data set to be of any relevance, he is a celebrity trainer with an tunnel visioned obsession on his own rules of training, and his buzzwords like 'periodisation'.

It is very easy to say that Harry was injured because of the training regime, I could say that it was because of a butterfly flapping its wings in China and the wind blew him over. We could say that Toby played every minute of every PL game last year because of the Poch's training regime and he would have been injured if he had been training under Verheijen. Both statements are bollocks. Of course some of his ideas are good, but he ain't the fucking messiah and a lot of what he says is self-deluded bollocks.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Suck on this doubters!!
Cs84K0qUMAAIEG8.jpg

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Thought it might just be photoshopped until I saw tommy's:
upload_2016-9-22_12-5-22.jpeg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Meanwhile didn't Poch subject Harry to his training regimes for the past two seasons....when he went pretty much injury free....and haven't we had a notable lack of injuries in the past two seasons compared with our own recent history and also with other clubs? I think the answer to both of those is Yes.....this Dutch bloke can kindly foxtrot Oscar

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ok this thread was mostly aimed at some of our more ridiculous fan bretheren but yeah the media also need to get off the big 4 wank train and take us seriously.
Love this article on the The Spurs Report blog.
https://thespursreport.wordpress.co...ms-with-tottenhams-narrative-busting-success/

Big but not ‘big, big’: The football media struggles to come to terms with Tottenham’s narrative-busting success

pe3o6z9ojhensk7h4xmdoxojbzmtt2bj-1.jpg

Twenty minutes before Spurs took on Manchester City, Sky Sports aired an interview with Dele Alli, in which the young midfielder talked honestly about the ups and downs of the past year for club and country. Asked what his plan was for the next 12 months, Dele had no equivocation: “To win the league.”

Cutting back to the studio, the anchor invited Jamie Redknapp to offer his opinion on the player.

“He could become one of the best midfielders in the world,” Redknapp Jr said, pausing ever so slightly in that way he does, the flicker of calculation betraying his affected Proper Football Man brogue. “He could play for a big, big club. I know Tottenham fans won’t like to hear that, but a big, big club.”

Funnily enough, I didn’t like to hear that, especially not the tone in which it was said. The Redknapp family vendetta against Spurs has grown tiresome, and everyone bar the Redknapps themselves have moved on from it in the years since ‘Arry’s departure from White Hart Lane.

But the comments were an example of the awkward position the lazier sections of the footballing media find themselves in with regard to Spurs.

Last season, the prevailing narrative was to lump Spurs in as a fluke candidate alongside Leicester City, and when it needed spicing up, build Spurs up as the least convincing bad guy since Jonathan Pryce in Tomorrow Never Dies.

Before the 2016/17 campaign, just one of the BBC’s 33 (!) pundits tipped Spurs for the title — ex-Spurs player Chris Waddle. Jermaine Jenas was alone in tipping his former club for second, although in a bold and timely column before Sunday’s match, he threw his support behind Spurs to win it all.

Awkwardly, Spurs are confounding the expectation that’ll we’ll return to our rightful sixth place. Spurs are the only unbeaten team in the league after turning over Pep’s City comprehensively, and sit in second, a point behind City and a point ahead of Liverpool and Arsenal.

“If Liverpool are being touted as potential title winners after their fourth successive Premier League win at Swansea City on Saturday, then it is positively insulting to Tottenham not to elevate them to the same bracket after this pulsating performance,” wrote the BBC’s Phil McNulty, in the awkward manner of someone having his own quotes read back to him.

The king of football narrative, Henry Winter, summed up the dilemma even more acutely.

“The title race may be more open than anticipated,” he declared, as though the idea of Spurs winning the league this season was utterly unfathomable up until this point. “Tottenham are definitely in the race.”

Thanks, Henry. Do you need me to sign anything to make that legally binding?

If Jamie Redknapp wants to take shots at Spurs, fine. You expect it at this point. But in his post-match podcast, Gary Neville, a pundit at the complete opposite end of the spectrum in terms of quality of analysis and balance, made an almost identical point.

After heaping praise on Spurs, in particular the strides made by the two fullbacks, he turned his attention to the magnificent job that Mauricio Pochettino has done since taking over in 2014.

“This isn’t being disrespectful to Spurs,” Neville said. “He deserves one of the biggest jobs in the world. He’s giving the best dress rehearsal possible.”

It’s like pundits run out of superlatives with Spurs, and the only thing left to say is that everyone should leave.

For Neville, you know he means Barcelona and Real Madrid when he is talking about “the biggest jobs”, but deep down, you know he’s also thinking Manchester United when Jose Mourinho flames out. I can understand how, from his perspective as a pivotal figure in the Sir Alex Ferguson era of dominance, United will always be a step up from Spurs.

Sure, United have more money, a bigger stadium, a larger global fanbase and dozens more sponsors. But what Neville doesn’t understand, yet, is that this will forever be intertwined with Fergie himself and in all likelihood peaked with him. Whoever follows in his footsteps will, at best, extend United’s dominance a little longer, or come close to matching what Fergie achieved.

The opportunity at Spurs, with the world-class academy, the new stadium and a young, hungry team with a strong homegrown identity, is bigger than that offered by United for Pochettino and players like Dele Alli.

It’s not about continuing a dynasty, but instead building a whole new one. Neville only needed to turn his head to the right and look through the gap in the northeast corner of White Hart Lane to see the potential of Spurs.

There are no guarantees, of course. In the past five years, Manchester United have a net transfer spend of £393 million, compared to £5.5 million for Spurs (Manchester City have a net spend of £403 million). Yet Spurs have finished above United two of the last three seasons, we’re in the Champions League while United slog around in the Europa League periphery. We’ll finish above them again this year, you watch.

I was going to ask what it will take for Spurs to shake the footballing media out of its mental cul-de-sac, but I think the answer is obvious. It’s just to keep winning, first match after match, then title after title. Just like the only way to shake the “selling club” tag is to not sell pivotal players over a prolonged period (three years, evidently, is not enough).

Neville is getting closer to understanding what Spurs can be, as his brilliant Telegraph column from last year demonstrated (some of which he repeated in his podcast). The fact that, in the heat of the moment, he still finds himself reaching for his old preconceptions shows that old habits die hard.

But we’ll know Spurs have really made it when we see Jamie Redknapp, legs splayed, hair immaculately natural, tight suit shimmering under the Sky studio lights, declaring us a “big, big club”. Either that or hell will have frozen over.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
I am happy for the media to right us off, mainly because I don't really care what they say.

But it is also quite amusing that football "experts" are going to look stupid.

This team is quite capable of Winning the league, we had 4 dodge results at the beginning of the season last year before we got going and the last 3 games i think would have been a different outcome if we were still chasing the title.

We have 5 points more then this time last season, the only team that concerns me is Man City who we took apart and not only did we do that but we did it without Dembele and killed off my only minor doubt about how we set up without them.

Pochettino is an easy guy to admire and I think it's fair to say transition period is over and the league and stupid pundits are going to learn the hard way how good he and we are.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I am happy for the media to right us off, mainly because I don't really care what they say.

But it is also quite amusing that football "experts" are going to look stupid.

This team is quite capable of Winning the league, we had 4 dodge results at the beginning of the season last year before we got going and the last 3 games i think would have been a different outcome if we were still chasing the title.

We have 5 points more then this time last season, the only team that concerns me is Man City who we took apart and not only did we do that but we did it without Dembele and killed off my only minor doubt about how we set up without them.

Pochettino is an easy guy to admire and I think it's fair to say transition period is over and the league and stupid pundits are going to learn the hard way how good he and we are.
Oh yeah,next tactic,obviously is the media to tout our players and manager to the other 5 clubs they jerk off to so much .

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Oh yeah,next tactic,obviously is the media to tout our players and manager to the other 5 clubs they jerk off to so much .

Sadly for them they have all signed up to the Spurs.

:)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Well that didnt take long Lol

Mirror Football ‏@MirrorFootball 4h4 hours ago
Spurs boss Mauricio Pochettino could find himself in the middle of a tug of war between Man City and Man United http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/mauricio-pochettino-might-find-himself-8982411?ICID=FB_mirror_MF …

Ct_8q0sWgAA3Fj-.jpg

That's the trouble with international breaks, they are dull and the papers have to speculate to fill newspaper space.

He's going to be here for a few years at least I think/hope.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Why would he want to step down a peg or two? If it's money...and it isn't, Levy would pay him whatever Mourinho or Pep gets. He has just beaten the most richly assembled team in the league, on not once, but the least three occasions....he has Champions League football, sells out Wembley Stadium and is watching a new 61,000 seater stadium going up around him. If he wants to stay at a really Big big club, then he should stay at Spurs......

although the tipping point for me......it always rains in Manchester and Mr & Mrs Poch don't like rain (suitable apologies to @Liam )

He might one day go to Real Madid, because he can speak Spanish, but that's about it. I like to think he will be here and build a dynasty over 5-10 years, maybe even longer depending on the backing from Levy and success achieved. Wonder what he discussed over lunch with fergie???