By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

What the top 6 need

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He'll get his Visa, it's just posturing, unless there's something we don't know. If he leaves, a wealthy Arab (Qatar don't have a football interest in the UK yet, inspite of owning most of the new builds in London) or someone else, will snap Chelsea up. The thing is the Rusky isn't stupid, he's adding 16,000 seats at the cost of £1bn, minimum. That doesn't make much business sense. The plastics have taken him for granted for too long, it just might come back and bite them in arse one day...we'll see.
He can get a visa,just not a working visa.He can work around this,but is playing "russian roulette" with the politicians.
If i was a betting man,i`d bet on maccabi Haifa winning the CL in the next decade ;)

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2018/05/31/chelsea-crisis-new-stadium-shelved-manager-brink-owner-will/

The thing with buying it,Roman is owed £1bn in loans,£1bn to build on a tight land space between 2 major railway lines,there is no way to get around that,or build and purchase a few acres in london to do this.No one ,even an oil rich arab state will pay roman and then the further costs the £2bn it works out at.Yes they have added a lot of nigerians wearing knock off shirts,but global club after a decade or so,no the history just isnt there.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Besides a new owner,looks like chelsea need a keeper,negotiations with courtois suspended and will be sold it seems.
The good thing with chelsea chasing a keeper is that between themselves and liverpool the price will now go up as they both chase the very few rare quality keepers out there.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well since the summer started,there isnt that much movement,City just signed Mahrez for £60m,united signed fred,an unknown full back and resigned Fellaini,Chelsea havent decided if their manager is staying or not,arsenal have signed some right old left field chaps,genius or Gross,I suspect the latter to be more this brave new era.Liverpool are just still trying to sign more attackers strangely enough and As for us,we have neither lost or signed anyone.
I would guess there will be more activity post world cup?Maybe the ronaldo transfer will trigger a money-go-round??Higuan to chelsea?morata to anyone who would have him,hazard or salah to madrid?

Strangely quiet on the transfer & spurs front.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Does Arsenal have any English players remaining on their team? Guess they don't have to worry about those pesky CL home-grown rules so what does it matter? I really hope they are historically bad next season. Their signings seem to signal that that is a possibility. Here's hoping!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Does Arsenal have any English players remaining on their team? Guess they don't have to worry about those pesky CL home-grown rules so what does it matter? I really hope they are historically bad next season. Their signings seem to signal that that is a possibility. Here's hoping!
I mean all signings are a gamble loadsa money can be trash and cheap can be good,same for young and old.But hell there is no player they have taken yet where I`d think we have missed out.I really believe they could be spurs of the 90s,if this guy doesnt work out 1st 12 months,prepare for goonergeddon and a decade of trying to recover.We know how hard it is to attract the right talent and attitude when you are playing thursday nights,we did immense to get carrick,berbatov,modric,Bale,eriksen,hugo,jan&toby when we werent playing in europes top tier,its not so easy as people would think,or not so easy as add Poch bring success.We had an improving squad ever since Martin Jol,I just dont see that at arsenal,their squad has been in decline for what?5 years now and no signs of arresting it.

yippeeeeeee!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Worst kept secret of the year,early reports Conte fired by chelsea.
Well guess they need a manager then !! wenger is free roman.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Well according to every clickbait story that pops up on my browser they all need Toby, Trips, and Madrid will choos3 between kane and Mbape.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
And to think all along the answer was simply do nothing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Early days just 2 matches in,and still 2 weeks for more outgoings to europe,but a quick impression on what occurred in the summer transfer merry-go-round from what we have seen so far.

Starting with a dark horse for top 6,Everton.New manager, fat sam is a dinosaur and just surviving for such a grande ole club was never enough,promising start from Silva and an early candidate for signing of the year Richarlison,decent squad assembled,top 4 probably not,7th and upwards probably.

City,probably didnt need much,but if you stand still you get overtaken,Mahrez the only incoming,probably enough in the tank to win the PL again,for europe?maybe still need a mega signing to compete with juve,madrid (both clubs),barca,bayern and this is where the pressure will come for pep,PSG prove you can buy domestic dominance,but european dominance takes even more time or in city`s case money!!(unbelievably!)

United,Fred and a kid fullback left Jose moaning (again) about not spending enough,oh woe is them!!fellaini re-signed,shaw has started games,but martial is in the doghouse,rashford looks ruined,for me united`s season hangs on if mourinio can motivate them (the team not the 2 aforementioned!),not a bad squad but lack of quality especially at CB will leave them short.If they get momentum could do well,if toys are out of the pram after a few blips,look out for zidane and a big spend after xmas next summer!!

Chelsea. lost the best keeper at the world cup (possilbly!),new kepa made a few errors against arsenal,jorginio looks a good buy,willian looks like a new player,but hazard benched for 2 games,world cup tiredness or a big big outgoing in the next 2 weeks?know what I am hoping for!!Look a bit shaky at the back with a new system,not convinced rudiger,christensen,luiz,cahill are the best quality CBs in the league and moving Kante further forward might make them more exciting but fragile at the back.And then they are still short of a top striker,giroud and morata are probably worth 20 goals a season,but between them,can hazard and willian cover the shortfall??

Liverpool,look to have covered most bases,except defence.I would still be concerned about the CBs and young promising fullbacks often have a dip after good starts,not enough experience as cover for me in that area.Can they score more than they concede?probably,unless the anfield goalkeeper curse comes good again.What could do them is pressure of expectation,if city run away again and they cant close the gap,you cant spend £200m and not be disappointed.

Arsenal, just LOL.
Remember AVB,high line,dawson and kaboul,intransigence about not following the system,high press with adebayor??We all know how this ends.Expect ozil,mick the tariyan,auboomerang to press from the front??want to see mustafi,socrates,koscielny chasing back against top strikers and winning the race?petr cech playing like beckenbauer at the back?They simply dont have the personnel for what this manager is asking,you dont race a dustcart in F1,you put it in the demolition derby,horses for courses,and if like AVB he refuses to adapt to his players then the 1st line still stands,LOL.

Tottenham.Well 2 wins against 2 lower half sides is nothing,just very promising.Injuries,cup runs will determine if the squad needs depth,because the 18 named yesterday is hard to improve on our budget, (with Son coming in for Sissoko).Also if Rose or Toby were to be sold thats a significant hole to fill after xmas.But so far,Poch is proving familiarity breeds content.Moura,winks lamela,toby? shall I trot out the old "like new signings" line??
we shall see!!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
United,Fred and a kid fullback left Jose moaning (again) about not spending enough,oh woe is them!!fellaini re-signed,shaw has started games,but martial is in the doghouse,rashford looks ruined,for me united`s season hangs on if mourinio can motivate them (the team not the 2 aforementioned!),not a bad squad but lack of quality especially at CB will leave them short.If they get momentum could do well,if toys are out of the pram after a few blips,look out for zidane and a big spend after xmas next summer!!
Mystic meg couldnt have done a better job before the brighton game.Quite shocking performance,lets see what mourinio excuses bingo throws up,I am going for a bleat about signings.