By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

World Cup 2018 - Russia

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
These are our boys.

1526482041794.png

Thank god for Spurs and no Rooney. Well we've got a chance but personally I'll be more interested in the Premier League fixtures when they're announced on 14th June. Good luck to all those who are going, don't forget your body armour.

Spurs vs Spurs and the rest of the Premier league should be a good game on June 28th, apart from that ..meh. Full draw below:
1526482280046.png

1526482350890.png

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You'll notice that Wilshere is missing from the squad. Shame :p

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Club represented by players this season in England's 2018 World Cup Squad:
Tottenham (5)
Man City (4)
Man United (4)
Leicester (2)
Liverpool (2)
Arsenal (1) Burnley (1) Chelsea (1) Crystal Palace (1) Everton (1) Stoke (1)

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
I'm surprised Jonjo Shelvey isn't in the squad.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
ok we made him look like platini,but he`s pretty shite when the going gets tough.Mind you delph :D

Least he has a decent range of passing, hendo is gash. The delph thing is random. Back up left back?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Least he has a decent range of passing, hendo is gash. The delph thing is random. Back up left back?
Thats been the FA`s mentality since forever,why would you play a hoddle,hazard,waddle,le tissier when you have Batty,Ince,Carlton Palmer,geoff thomas.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Personally, I think England are due a decent tournament. Quarterfinalists, I reckon.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
ok we made him look like platini,but he`s pretty shite when the going gets tough.Mind you delph :D

He's the sort of guy who could get under an opponent's guard though. There aren't that many creative players in that squad.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hmmmm what the hell is delph there for then. He played left back for city in any games he got I think.
NFI...probably for formation changes, ie 3 CB's Young is more of wing back? Walker played CB last match I think.....we'll see against the mighty Tunisia soon enough!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
NFI...probably for formation changes, ie 3 CB's Young is more of wing back? Walker played CB last match I think.....we'll see against the mighty Tunisia soon enough!
I'm sure he played CM for Villa before going to City, kind of like a Ryan Mason style player.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Not to add on the pressure, but England certainly got a nice draw. Panama are crap and Tunisia really shouldn't be an issue. Belgium is superb, but with Martinez in charge they are certainly a side you can get a result against. Should have no problems going through. If I were Southgate I'd go a little old skool and go 4-4-2 just to get Kane and Vardy on together. That will be a handful for any side in the world. The issue is at center back. Whom do you play? The best of the lot is Dier who doesn't even play the position. Stones is scary, Maguire is a tad plodding, Cahill is old. Jones is probably the safest of the bunch. Tough decisions, but I am here to help, Gary!

---------------------Butland--------------------
Walker------Jones--------Maguire-------Rose
Sterling---------Dier--------Alli------Rashford
--------------Kane-----------Vardy-------------

Or, if Gareth is feeling a bit cheeky:

---------------------Butland---------------------
-------Stones--------Jones------Maguire------
Walker--------Dier----------Alli-----------Rose
Sterling--------------Kane-------------Rashford

Just say NO to Hedno, Welbeck and Delph and you'll be all right.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Maguire played OK against us last Sunday.........oh wait they shipped 5 goals. Our defence is shaky everywhere except fullbacks wink wink

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Jokes aside, picking Wilshit can't seriously have even been a debate among the England staff. Obviously players have been picked on reputation in the past for national teams all over the world, but this would have been ridiculous.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Jokes aside, picking Wilshit can't seriously have even been a debate among the England staff. Obviously players have been picked on reputation in the past for national teams all over the world, but this would have been ridiculous.
8 senior career club goals !!!!Dier has more as CB and DM. (dele 4 yrs younger 59 goals)
The hype over him is ridiculous,just like walcott.When does potential become fact that he has not made it,and wont make it as a top player.Its not even his crisp like legs and injuries,mentality and his ego all so wrong especially when you havent got the talent to back it up.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Reputation.... if anything was based on reputation he'd be doing a stretch the nasty horrible little shit wank.

Most vile, overrated, borish little cunt flap in football imo.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Edit: it's all gone to bollocks! Was trying to post Dele All goal v Chelsea where Dier sprays it 40yards right their defence but it's all gone Pete Tong!

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
I’ll be at the Belgium-Tunisia game in Moscow. Looking forward to my first World Cup experience (barring the Russia part).

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
I think southgate has shown he has a pair of balls by leaving out the arrogant bastards that are wilshere and hart. Ive nothing more to add to what you guys have already posted about wilshere.
can't think of a more overrated footballer in all my time on this earth.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think southgate has shown he has a pair of balls by leaving out the arrogant bastards that are wilshere and hart. Ive nothing more to add to what you guys have already posted about wilshere.
can't think of a more overrated footballer in all my time on this earth.
Siss.......... nevermind

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
look on dembele`s face "everton" hahaha