By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

World Cup 2018 - Russia

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
mail.jpg

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This thing is wide fucking open now...

I mean.... it's crazy how Russia have about as much chance as we or anyone else does.... France and Belgium have to be faves now but if we turn up... we can play.

I genuinely think today shapes the rest for me. If we play to our potential today that will see us through and focus our performances setting a new level for us, one close to the French and Belgiums.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Top four before the tournament. I would have bitten your hand off for that before the start.

Now, for the Semi.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
This thing is wide fucking open now...

I mean.... it's crazy how Russia have about as much chance as we or anyone else does.... France and Belgium have to be faves now but if we turn up... we can play.

I genuinely think today shapes the rest for me. If we play to our potential today that will see us through and focus our performances setting a new level for us, one close to the French and Belgiums.
I still don't think we've been at 100% yet... I can see all the Spurs lads at the least being able to perform another gear up...!!! Trips is the only one who has played at his consistent best imo.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Bigger the game the better the opposition, generally the more we see out of Dele.

Just going to leave that there.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Taken from the D Tel.

Then there were four.
And after Brazil followed Uruguay, Colombia, Argentina, Japan and Mexico out of the World Cup, we have - not for the first time - a semi-final contingent made up entirely of European nations.
Non-European teams have struggled in Europe for almost all of the World Cup's existence. In the 11 World Cups on European soil, only seven of the 44 semi-finalists have been from outside Europe.
Only three of the 11 finalists have come from outside Europe, and Brazil's triumph in Sweden in 1958 remains the only time an outsider has lifted the Jules Rimet in Europe.
The homogeneity of modern stadia and pitches all over the world, along with luxury travel and hotels that footballers frequent should have levelled the playing field, as should the fact that most of the world's best footballers play their club football in Europe.
Spain's title in South Africa in 2010 and Germany's in Brazil in 2014 were the first two times a European nation won the World Cup outside of Europe, suggesting that the pattern of only winning on your own continent had ended.
But the struggles of the non-Europeans in Russia in 2018 show that the South American sides still don't travel well. A European side will, once again, be lifting the trophy next Sunday.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bigger the game the better the opposition, generally the more we see out of Dele.

Just going to leave that there.
we havent seen the best of Dele,sterling and lingaard IMO,is that because of the job they are doing in the system?or nerves from young players?.They have all been wasteful in possesion and especially in sterlings case spurned very good chances.Off the ball they have made a huge effort though,moving packed defences around so maybe their work has gone un-noticed??But we are winning without being spectacular or playing our best.

Who wins weds Kane vs Lovren or ratfish boy vs Henderson??Croatia are a good team with a couple of "star" players,much like england,we have the better defence and probably they have the more creative midfield.Both sides will want the ball,no bus I think,should be a nervy tense affair.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Tottenham Hotspur have nine players in the World Cup semifinals, more than any other club! 2 of which are captains! So a france v england final pls

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur have nine players in the World Cup semifinals, more than any other club! 2 of which are captains! So a france v england final pls
and 4 ex spurs too,walker,charlie&ratfish and the dolphin.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think England will beat Croatia, but it will depend on Walker and Stones in defence. Walker still isn’t a proper Centre back and worries me. We’ll score goals agains their defence.

2-1 England

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
I think England will beat Croatia, but it will depend on Walker and Stones in defence. Walker still isn’t a proper Centre back and worries me. We’ll score goals agains their defence.

2-1 England

I was happy to see croatia win, if we keep rebic and kovacic (spurs targets) quiet we will win, france in the final then please

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Turkey's Cuneyt Cakir will referee Wednesday’s semi-final between England and Croatia.

Shirley they spelt his name wrong :rolleyes:

Apparently we are in full euro yid white&white shorts.

Last edited:
Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Well tomorrow we go into the game with Croatia with the whole country behind us , never seen so many people jumping on the bandwagon of support and unity , Not since we all came together hoping RM would beat the Dippers have we been so Unified

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Fuck my old boots.

How in fucks name do you beat that French side?

They've got it all.
That was maybe not the most thrilling game, but about as high-level as you’ll get in a World Cup. France were so good, but could’ve been no complaints if Belgium had gone through either. Matuidi, if he can’t play with head injury in the final, will be a huge miss for them though. Thought him, Pogba, and Kanté put on a masterclass tonight.