By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

World Cup 2018 - Russia

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Mbappé had the chance to move to Chelsea when he was 11, but the move fell through. Bet he’s glad it didn’t work out, he’s ending Messi’s international career today rather than preparing for a 2nd year on loan at Vitesse.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Croatia v Denmark

Old v Current

Modders v Eriksen

Should be a banger, but I can see Croatia having a bit too much for them.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Also.... don't want to be a snitchy, rule sticking, killjoy but why is every cunt including the tea lady joining the field of play when a goal is scored in order to celebrate.

I don't like it... stop please.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
1530433257452.png

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Croatia v Denmark

Old v Current

Modders v Eriksen

Should be a banger, but I can see Croatia having a bit too much for them.
Yeah I can see Croatia put a few past them to be honest.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Yeah I can see Croatia put a few past them to be honest.
As a team Denmark will be better set up than Brazil,croatia havent really played much against a deep sitting counter attacking bus.If word gets out that croatia are that good then sitting back may be the way and Eriksen a player to open up a defence that includes lovren !!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Welllllll, Spain were shite, almost as shite as Russia and went out.

If I'm honest Croatia were utter shite, more shite than Denmark who were well organised but eventually went out.

So the worst 2 teams in their respective games went through again...

Funny old game football.

I think I'm gonna give up predicting what will happen as I clearly know fuck all.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I have a good feeling about England's chances.
Particularly on that side of the draw.

Wanted to say that during the group phase but didn't want to jinx it.

Hopefully I...

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Perhaps its stating the bleeding obvious, but one of these teams will be in the final:
Russia
Croatia
Sweden
Switzerland
Colombia
England

Hard to see how England will ever have a better chance than this.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Spain had that coming to them. For all of the great names on their team-sheet and all of the possession, they actually create sweet fuck all. And they are as boring as bat shit to watch. I am pleased that they are going home.

England have a massive chance now. Columbia is nobody's idea of a walk in the park but if they get through that then they really should make the final.

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
I fell asleep in the Spain v Russia game and woke up exactly as the last penalty was taken and had it dawn on me that Spain had gone out. Losing to that Russian team with that approach is pathetic and also hilarious. Some horrible footballing teams left in the draw and even the better teams have shown themselves to very risk averse - you get the feeling this is really going to be like the Simpsons football game multiple times over.

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
I fell asleep as well during the Spain-Russia game...what a snooze fest!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I fell asleep in the Spain v Russia game and woke up exactly as the last penalty was taken and had it dawn on me that Spain had gone out. Losing to that Russian team with that approach is pathetic and also hilarious. Some horrible footballing teams left in the draw and even the better teams have shown themselves to very risk averse - you get the feeling this is really going to be like the Simpsons football game multiple times over.
I'm just going to record and fast-forward straight to the penalties in the Croatia-Russia quarterfinal. Still some pretty tasty matchups ahead though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I haven't seen this one, but in previous games it's been a shame that players like Neymar have resorted to amateur dramatics, honestly it makes them look completely ridiculous, what a bunch of wankers.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I haven't seen this one, but in previous games it's been a shame that players like Neymar have resorted to amateur dramatics, honestly it makes them look completely ridiculous, what a bunch of wankers.

I seriously fuckin hate Brazil, for all that footballing talent they can't help cheating their way through games and the worse thing is they get away with it, time and time again. No one dare upset the golden 'samba' boys of football FFS, refs gotta show up and throw a couple of reds around that would show them but then you'd have Nike and Fifa to answer to I suppose.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If you had Alderweireld in your squad, you’d definitely want to keep him, based on his performance against Japan. Cracking game btw

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Poor Japs... properly felt for them, but Martinez used what he had on the bench and changed the game.

Woke up at HT and the game exploded...

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Spurs experience saves Belgium

To be fair, Vertonghen was entirely culpable for Japan's opener.

He more than made up for it though with that magnificent header that was placed exactly where he wanted it to be and done quite on purpose.:oops:

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
It was ludicrous. But also typical of Layun, who is a diabolical little prick. The whole incident would have looked like a CONCACAF qualifier if only bags of piss had been raining from the stands.

My son is a big Neymar fan (in keeping with his contrarian nature, he doesn't like either Ronaldo or Messi),so I see a lot of him play. I find a lot of his antics annoying but there's no denying that, much like with players like Kane, Alli and Hazard other teams go out to kick the shit out of him and mostly get away with it.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
RIP Neymar

Oh wait, he survived.

Neymar might be the most expensive player in the world, but with those shenanigans he'll never be the best. He's not the same class as Messi or Ronaldo for me.

Messi gets the same treatment but I've yet to see him do dectuple roll, into back flip when fouled.

Sod Brazil. They still don't look that great to me either. Entirely reliant on Neymar

Last edited: