By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

2017/18 The Sack race

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
images

Well the moment we`ve all been waiting for;which unlucky stooge will be the first to get fired and have to suffer a multi-million contract being paid up to say goodbye?
Normally you would pick from sides hovering around the basement,but several candidates could walk before biting the bullet,unlikely given the payout for actually being sacked Mr Benitez.New managers tend to get time?promoted clubs the same??But there are a lot of trigger happy chairmen out there,watford&saints put our previous turnovers to a stern test,could a big Italian or Spanish casualty tempt a Koeman or Conte back home?

Most likely it will be an early failure to at least get some distance from the drop zone or being well off the expected pace in the champions league marathon,so my three main contenders for an early career in punditry this season are;

Bilic-west ham.
My favourite for 1st out of the race.Not the most humble&stable owners,big ambitions because they rent a huge stadium and a fair bit of wedge invested in players most of whom arent household names or are retiring to the east london static housing association .So after a shocking opening match,I would guess not mid.table by october,mid-week sitting around a table with michael owen talking bollox is the future my crystal ball is showing.

Paul Clement-Swansea
Recently established premier league club survival for a number of years,nothing like a whiff of relegation to get the old secretarty to dig out the P45 and an envelope.Not his fault they have sold their best players the last 2 or 3 years and unlike saints not replaced with same or better.Unless they pull a rabbit out the hat with a signing from what is left after paying spurs their % of the sggy money,they have struggle tattooed all over their arse.I see a future at a championship club for Mr Clement shortly after leaving the swans.

Conte-chelsea
Roman wouldnt would he?well he has form.
The conte vs costa saga rumbles on,sale of matic,thin squad,they have the chance tomorrow to become the 1st defending champions to lose the opening two fixtures since villa 81.All is not well in the house of chav,you dont win the title before october,but you sure can lose it!!

It is, of course, very early days. But should Antonio Conte be worried?

History suggests he should.
It's been eight years since a side staged a successful defence of the Premier League title, Manchester United under Sir Alex Ferguson in 2008-09.
And going back even further, since 2006-07 the Scot is one of only two managers - along with Manchester City's Manuel Pellegrini - to win the title and still be in his job come the end of the following May.
Carlo Ancelotti (Chelsea, 2009-10),Roberto Mancini (Manchester City, 2011-12),Jose Mourinho (Chelsea, 2014-15) and Claudio Ranieri (Leicester, 2015-16) were all gone 12 months after winning English top flight's biggest prize.
That's four of the six title-winning managers before Conte.

I have a feeling it will be 5 from 7 before the CL group stages are done,another expensive continental manager incoming at the bridge,is the view I see.

Who do you lot fancy for the tic-tac?wenger out,de boer,another new saints or watford manager?Shakespeare to be or not to be at leics?Hughes stagnated at stoke?I think(could be wrong) if hughes and wenger went Poch would be the longest current serving manager?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Ernesto valverde for sure! Barca look shocking and uninterested!

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
If I'm just looking at the prem I don't think any of the new boys managers will be first. Benitez is the best Newcastle could hope for, Ashley won't get rid. Same with Hughton and Wagner, neither club can do better. I also think that Clement is decent and Swansea will just about be okay.

My guess would probably say one of Bilic, Silva or maybe Shakespeare. If Palace have a bad start then I can maybe see come Christmas time De Boer being out the job. If his possession style play doesn't get results then I think they'll move on to someone else because he isn't dynamic enough to change it imo.

If I had to bet on one person to be sacked first, I'd say Bilic. Pretty much for the reasons outlined by @skiathospurs. But I think theres a chance Conte or Rafa will resign before then..

I also reckon that if Burnley aren't doing great and anyone in the bottom half sacks their manager then Dyche will be in the running to leave Burnley and take over. Only so far you can take a club like Burnley and I think he's done a good job. Howe is a fantastic manager too, one day I can see him working for a top club.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
If I'm just looking at the prem I don't think any of the new boys managers will be first. Benitez is the best Newcastle could hope for, Ashley won't get rid. Same with Hughton and Wagner, neither club can do better. I also think that Clement is decent and Swansea will just about be okay.

My guess would probably say one of Bilic, Silva or maybe Shakespeare. If Palace have a bad start then I can maybe see come Christmas time De Boer being out the job. If his possession style play doesn't get results then I think they'll move on to someone else because he isn't dynamic enough to change it imo.

If I had to bet on one person to be sacked first, I'd say Bilic. Pretty much for the reasons outlined by @skiathospurs. But I think theres a chance Conte or Rafa will resign before then..

I also reckon that if Burnley aren't doing great and anyone in the bottom half sacks their manager then Dyche will be in the running to leave Burnley and take over. Only so far you can take a club like Burnley and I think he's done a good job. Howe is a fantastic manager too, one day I can see him working for a top club.
Just watched palace at liverpool,I fail to see whats going on there?didnt notice a style of play or tactics,is he not getting through to them with his ideals and ideas?didnt look very combative or stylish.Sometimes coaches have grand ideas/schemes,too grand for their team to understand.Early days but they look pretty shocking so far,not very solid and still to score.
Still think after today Bilic has the lead though.:)

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
My heart says....

1. Conte
2. Bilic
3. Benitez

My head says....

1. Hughes
2. Clement
3. Silva

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bilic. Probably very soon.
Yeah looks likely,wont matter to gold&sullivan that all their first half dozen games are away cos of the athletics at OS.Tuchel is unemployed first to blink may get him??

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yeah looks likely,wont matter to gold&sullivan that all their first half dozen games are away cos of the athletics at OS.Tuchel is unemployed first to blink may get him??
If Tuchel was frustrated by the upper management at Dortmund, he'd really get on with the clowns at WH.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Poch Out.
Yeah! What's that Dutch genius doing these days? He's on the rock n roll I believe so would probably not snub us for a bigger challenge like last time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bilic will be gone before their next game is my gut feeling here,3 games all away a new low for PL owners,but still wish they d give him more time to carry on this run :D:D

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Frank de Boer has been sacked as Crystal Palace manager after five games and 77 days in charge.

Former England boss Roy Hodgson will replace him, BBC Sport understands.

The Eagles are 19th in the Premier League after losing 1-0 at Burnley on Sunday - and failed to score in their four league matches under De Boer.

His is the shortest Premier League managerial tenure in terms of games, and the 47-year-old's past two jobs have lasted a combined 162 days.

Announcing the Dutchman's departure on the club website, Palace said: "We would like to thank Frank for his dedication and hard work."

Former Ajax boss De Boer only took over this summer, succeeding Sam Allardyce, who left after helping Palace avoid relegation last season.

He was sacked by Inter Milan in November 2016 after 85 days.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Palace have lost their first 4 of the season without scoring.... but are still ahead of West Ham :p:p:p

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That's a bit mental, sacking a manager after five games? A bit more mental is that the Palace management wanted him to change his system - why the fuck did they appoint him then? Even more mental - Hodgson?

Isn't it nice that we have the best manager in the universe? Comfy.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Roy hodgson touted as replacement,maybe 4 games time we`ll have another winner,palace going for gold&silver in the race :p

DJcKZiAWAAE_huw.jpg

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That's a bit mental, sacking a manager after five games? A bit more mental is that the Palace management wanted him to change his system - why the fuck did they appoint him then? Even more mental - Hodgson?

you are 20% wrong I`m afraid.......
its actually 4 games

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
you are 20% wrong I`m afraid.......
its actually 4 games
Actually you can fuck off, it's five, actually. Are you disregarding the magnificent win against Ipswich in the 'Donkey With Sticks On Its Head' Cup? Actually, I think you might be, actually.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

It makes no sense. Bring in a manager, give him a remit to basically revamp the way the club play (without actually buying many new players that might fit that style) and then sack him when things don't go according to plan, assuming there is actually a plan. Then bring in a manager who basically will try to implement the exact opposite style. Modern football, eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Actually you can fuck off, it's five, actually. Are you disregarding the magnificent win against Ipswich in the 'Donkey With Sticks On Its Head' Cup? Actually, I think you might be, actually.
I stand erected .I should have known you wouldnt be wrong!!:)

:)) just incase you think I am being a moe like cunt)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I am never wrong, sometimes I am less correct, sometimes I quote alternative facts, your'e allowed to do that these days, but I are never wrong!

Just in case this was another Moe-gate incident I checked, then I checked again, then just to be sure I checked again - and then I used ALL my fingers to make sure my maths were correct! As I counted all the fingers AND a thumb on one hand I calculated using linear regression, xG and other tools like building a null hypothesis I am confident in saying that the probability of me being correct is very close to 1.0. Of course it would be foolish to claim P 1.0, because the results in my sample data set could be incorrect, also my understanding of numbers may also be wrong and the formula below could be false:

4f + 1t = 5

Who decides that 4+1 =5,? We have been told by 'experts' like teachers that this is true, and it might well be in that dumb decimal numerical system we have been brainwashed into using, but if we were using a base 5 or quinary numerical system. I like to call it quinary, because that is what it is called, then 4+1 would actually = 10.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I am never wrong, sometimes I am less correct, sometimes I quote alternative facts, your'e allowed to do that these days, but I are never wrong!

Just in case this was another Moe-gate incident I checked, then I checked again, then just to be sure I checked again - and then I used ALL my fingers to make sure my maths were correct! As I counted all the fingers AND a thumb on one hand I calculated using linear regression, xG and other tools like building a null hypothesis I am confident in saying that the probability of me being correct is very close to 1.0. Of course it would be foolish to claim P 1.0, because the results in my sample data set could be incorrect, also my understanding of numbers may also be wrong and the formula below could be false:

4f + 1t = 5

Who decides that 4+1 =5,? We have been told by 'experts' like teachers that this is true, and it might well be in that dumb decimal numerical system we have been brainwashed into using, but if we were using a base 5 or quinary numerical system. I like to call it quinary, because that is what it is called, then 4+1 would actually = 10.
How about a few imaginary numbers just for a laugh and maybe 2+2=5 which is how planes take off just for the crack!!

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
How about a few imaginary numbers just for a laugh and maybe 2+2=5 which is how planes take off just for the crack!!

Are you trying to turn this into an electrical engineering forum?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Are you trying to turn this into an electrical engineering forum?
Hope not, if we move away from the main reason his forum exists we are lost! Let's get back to discussing food.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I remember when I was wr..., wr...,wr... - a bit less correct. I was working for a big car insurance company and I got a call from the boardroom, the MD needed to know how many drivers who were not the main policy holder, under 21 years old and the amounts they had claimed. We used to store all dates as Juian days after 1800, so I wrote the code to do the calculations and rushed off to the boardroom and handed over .... the stats on all named drivers under 2,000 years old! I of course did the right thing and blamed one of my team, fucking stupid code monkeys! Not really I owned up and gave him the right data. If we were never wrong, how would we know when we were right?

I really don't mind people telling me I've fucked up, I am naturally a lazy cunt, so I rely on folks looking at my data and saying 'oi geezer, that's bollocks', it saves me having to check it. The Moe incident was fucking hilarious, just because he's a cunt doesn't mean he's on duty 24 hours a day! He got me good and I enjoyed it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Hope not, if we move away from the main reason his forum exists we are lost! Let's get back to discussing food.
Exactly.....anyone ever eaten Swan? Probably a treasonable offence. The Queen owns all the Swans even the Welsh ones.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Exactly.....anyone ever eaten Swan? Probably a treasonable offence. The Queen owns all the Swans even the Welsh ones.
Did you know that Wales is not a proper country? If it was a real country the Union Flag would have one of them flying lizards on it. Wales is actually part of England and is owned by the Prince Charles, who is owned by the Queen, so yes, the swans are all hers.

A common misconception is that whales come from Wales, this is false, people have got whales mixed up with sheep, there are no whales in wales.

Welsh people eat leaks, daffodils and seaweed, they refuse to speak English just to annoy us, and they use a dead language that makes 600 l's in every word sound like my nan used to after smoking an ounce of Golden Virginia ever day. They all go to Rhyl for their holidays, so avoid it, I have been there it is shite and full of Welsh people.

There is no point going to Wales unless you like mountains and sheep, there is nothing else there. 90% of the people who work there, not many because most of them are on benefits, work for the DVLA where their job is to add incomprehensible Welsh gibberish onto all the forms that are sent out to the 99.999999999% of the country who speak proper England like wot we do.

They have produced some good footballers who of course dod not stay in Wales, they bugger off to England as soon as they can, who can blame them? Welsh footy players include Mike England (England, ironic that eh?),Gareth Bale and Ben Davies, the only other famous Welsh person was Aneurin Bevan, he started the NHS , was a proper lefty and that is why the Tories are destroying it.

If you look at the list of the Top 100 Welsh people, they have included King Arthur, this once again proves that Wales is not a real country because the so-called Arthur King and his silly English knights were not real.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
There goes another perfectly decent thread, After it was won by Frank de Boer.....personally I think the Swans have it...far more interesting than Frank and his war in Southern Africa all those years ago.