By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

2017/18 The Sack race

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Jose Mourinho.......... the gift that keeps giving.

I hope he ducks them into a bottom half finish.

Their time at the top table is up.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So big question,how long can we pray United dont replace Jose??The longer the better for us,if he can just hang on until december that should be enough for this season.

The other candidate will be warnock,I can see him beating Jose to 1st place this year,they have a chairman with little history of sense or tradition.
There’s a couple of others - Mark Hughes at Saints, perennial loser, and the Huddersfield bloke. If Jose goes should we be nervous?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
So big question,how long can we pray United dont replace Jose??The longer the better for us,if he can just hang on until december that should be enough for this season.

The other candidate will be warnock,I can see him beating Jose to 1st place this year,they have a chairman with little history of sense or tradition.
They don't seem very inclined to sack him right now, and rest assured when they do, the rags will be full of stories about Poch to replace him.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
You'd have to think that Jose's time as a top level manager is just about up. I just cannot see another world class club taking a risk with him. He is a complete prick and a destabilising influence...and he is getting worse.

He won't be missed, although his post match media appearances after a loss are always fantastic car-crash viewing.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
There’s a couple of others - Mark Hughes at Saints, perennial loser, and the Huddersfield bloke. If Jose goes should we be nervous?
I don't think so. Zidane will be next Utd manager and he'll fail to as won't have Ronaldo, Bale Isco, Modric, Kroos, Ramos etc.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You'd have to think that Jose's time as a top level manager is just about up. I just cannot see another world class club taking a risk with him. He is a complete prick and a destabilising influence...and he is getting worse.

He won't be missed, although his post match media appearances after a loss are always fantastic car-crash viewing.
PSG or Italy is about all I can think of,spain or england,no way Jose!!
Italy would suit his dull tactics,not sure an international association would hire such a loose cannon unless they were oil rich world cup hosts perhaps??

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
PSG or Italy is about all I can think of,spain or england,no way Jose!!
Italy would suit his dull tactics,not sure an international association would hire such a loose cannon unless they were oil rich world cup hosts perhaps??
Dunno if PSG would want him, maybe if they felt he could get the a CL win. would be a very appealing job to him though I'd imagine, great squad, easy league to win, would probably end up a league winner in 5 European leagues ( won in Portugal, England, Spain, Italy already),also being able to rest players for league games before and after CL matches would increase his chances to win the comp and more importantly for an ego like his become one of the few managers to win it with 3 different clubs. Dunno if they'd really be happy with his style though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
From the BBC Sport website

Fulham have sacked manager Slavisa Jokanovic and replaced him with Claudio Ranieri, who guided Leicester to the Premier League title in 2016. Jokanovic makes way with the Cottagers sitting bottom of the Premier League table with five points from 12 matches.

Italian Ranieri, 67, has been given a "multi-year" contract by the Londoners. "Making a change without having the right answer or succession plan was not an option," said Fulham chairman Shahid Khan. "So having someone of Claudio's calibre ready to accept our challenge was comforting but, most of all, essential. "Claudio is risk-free and ready-made for the Premier League, and particularly so for what we need at this moment at Fulham. "His recent body of work with Leicester City is literally legendary, and then you look at Claudio's experience with Chelsea and big clubs throughout Europe, and it's pretty evident we are welcoming an extraordinary football man to Fulham Football Club."

Khan said he and his son Tony Khan, the club's vice chairman and director of football operations, spoke with a number of potential candidates over the past week.

"It is an honour to accept Mr Khan's invitation and opportunity to lead Fulham, a fantastic club with tradition and history," said Ranieri, who spent last season in charge of French club Nantes.

"The objective at Fulham should never be to merely survive in the Premier League. We must at all times be a difficult opponent and should expect to succeed. "This Fulham squad has exceptional talent that is contrary to its position in the table."

Did you know?
Slavisa Jokanovic was Claudio Ranieri's first signing as Chelsea manager in October 2000.

Ranieri's first game in charge will see Fulham host Southampton at Craven Cottage on Saturday, 24 November.

"I know this team is very capable of better performances, which we will work on straight away as we prepare for Southampton at the Cottage," he added.

Ranieri's rollercoaster - title shock to the sack
1542202585937.gif

Claudio Ranieri led Leicester City to the Premier League title in 2015-16 at odds of 5000/1
Despite vast experience with clubs such as Valencia, Juventus, Inter Milan, Roma and Monaco, Ranieri joined Leicester City in 2015 on the back of a failed spell as Greece boss, including losing to European minnows the Faroe Islands during Euro 2016 qualifying.

The Italian had earned the nickname 'The Tinkerman' during his previous spell in England in charge of Chelsea, where he guided the Blues to second in the Premier League as well as reaching the Champions League semi-finals.

More than a decade later, his Leicester side started the 2015-16 season as 5,000-1 outsiders to win the Premier League and were among the favourites for relegation.

But the Foxes delivered one the greatest sporting shocks of all time as they clinched the club's first top-flight English title, described by many as a "miracle".

The fairytale could not continue, however, with Ranieri sacked the following campaign - just ninth months after delivering the title.

Jokanovic sacking 'correct decision'
Jokanovic, who joined the club in December 2015, led Fulham to promotion via the play-offs last season.

But they have so far registered just one win on their return to the Premier League after four seasons in the Championship.

"I wasn't anticipating having to make this announcement related to Slavisa and wish the circumstances were such that I didn't have to, but our path this season has led me to make what I know is the correct decision, at the right time, for our players, the club and our supporters," added Khan.

"Slavisa will always have my appreciation and respect for everything he did to return Fulham to top-flight football.

"I am hoping everyone in the Fulham family shares my heartfelt sentiments for Slavisa and joins me in wishing him success and good fortune, wherever his next stop may be."

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
You could put Pep in charge of Fulham and they'd be doomed. They are weak in defense and attack. Tim Ream was their player of the year. That's all that really needs to be said.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ranieri is an interesting hire, but unfortunately they probably need the like of fat sam to stay up. Of course it wasn't that long ago that many of the pundits were asking how Ranieri got hired at Leicester after a nightmare spell with Greece. That worked out OK.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Ranieri is an interesting hire, but unfortunately they probably need the like of fat sam to stay up. Of course it wasn't that long ago that many of the pundits were asking how Ranieri got hired at Leicester after a nightmare spell with Greece. That worked out OK.
Ranieri isn't to blame for the awful Greece spell though, they're useless these days.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Ranieri isn't to blame for the awful Greece spell though, they're useless these days.
I know, point being many thought he would struggle at Leicester too. It's a calculated risk, and personally I hope it works out for them, bc I like them better than some of the clubs that have been hanging out near the bottom for several seasons now

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I always thought the Tinkerman would end up at West Ham.

Shame about Jokanovic, he was always so well turned out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Mourinho sacked, from the BBC sport website

Manchester United have sacked Jose Mourinho as manager after two and a half years in charge at Old Trafford. The Portuguese, 55, guided United to League Cup and Europa League titles.

But they are sixth in the Premier League, 19 points behind leaders Liverpool, who beat them 3-1 on Sunday."A caretaker-manager will be appointed until the end of the season while the club conducts a thorough recruitment process for a new, full-time manager," United said in a statement. "The club would like to thank Jose for his work during his time at Manchester United and to wish him success in the future." The caretaker-manager to replace Mourinho, who took over from Louis van Gaal in May 2016, will not be assistant coach Michael Carrick or academy boss Nicky Butt.

The candidate will be drawn from outside the club, but will not be former Arsenal boss Arsene Wenger.

A familiar conclusion to a rocky season
United's haul of 26 points after their first 17 Premier League games, is their worst tally in the top flight at this stage since 1990-91. They are 11 points off the top four and closer to the relegation zone than the top of the table.

Mourinho's sacking comes after a fall-out with £89m record signing Paul Pogba, who was an unused substitute for the defeat at Anfield on Sunday. Following a 1-1 draw with Wolves, midfielder Pogba said he wanted United to be able to "attack, attack, attack" at home, which led Mourinho to say the France midfielder would no longer be the club's "second captain".

After Mourinho, who signed a contract extension in January, was sacked Pogba tweeted: "Caption this," with a knowing expression on his face, before deleting the social media post. In October, there were reports that Mourinho might be sacked prior to the home game against Newcastle, but after the team trailed 2-0, they turned it around to win 3-2 and seemingly buy the former Chelsea, Inter Milan and Real Madrid boss more time.

Mourinho's agent Jorge Mendes attempted to calm the storm earlier in December by taking the extraordinary step of issuing a statement to say Mourinho was "very happy" and "fully committed" to the club. But despite securing qualification to the Champions League last 16 where Unitd will play Paris St-Germain, in the league though, they have won just one of their last six games.

Mourinho's dismissal continues his run of never completing four consecutive seasons in charge of a club. Only once has he made it into a fourth campaign, but he left Chelsea on 17 December 2015 during his second spell at Stamford Bridge.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Good news Maureen has been sacked ....bad news is apparently David Moyes contract is still running

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
RE Mourinho - The club have made a change after no progress with results or style despite spending nearly £400m on 11 players.

if he was a good manager he wouldn't have needed to buy or sell anyone in the Summer. Levy must LOVE Poch, if he wants to keep him he might have to show the love with a player of two this Summer and an extra £2m on his contract. Poch is earning the club a bucketload of cash in CL qualification, and player values, let alone ticket sales and merchandise that gets sold every time these 'new' fans turn up.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Penalty clause for Poch leaving is £34m I'm told......Not enough to worry United next Summer. But I would be really surprised if he left for that lot. Might depend on Levy keeping promises.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Penalty clause for Poch leaving is £34m I'm told......Not enough to worry United next Summer. But I would be really surprised if he left for that lot. Might depend on Levy keeping promises.
Well when you think paying off jose and all his staff,and paying all poch`s entourage,thats well over 50m,zidane or conte won things and save a decent chunk of change will suit a club run as a company.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Well when you think paying off jose and all his staff,and paying all poch`s entourage,thats well over 50m,zidane or conte won things and save a decent chunk of change will suit a club run as a company.
Matt Dickinson in the Times would disagree with you. However there's nothing to see here, nothing is going to happen until Summer 2019 with United, and in our case I suspect Summer 2020 after a full season in the new Stadium.

With regard to united #WengerIn

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Matt Dickinson in the Times would disagree with you. However there's nothing to see here, nothing is going to happen until Summer 2019 with United, and in our case I suspect Summer 2020 after a full season in the new Stadium.

With regard to united #WengerIn
well journo from BBC disagrees with Matt whose family had indecent sex with their male child way back in history to gain that surname.

[B]Phil McNulty[/B]‏Verified account @[B]philmcnulty[/B] 4h4 hours ago

Is it against the rules to suggest Mauricio Pochettino might look at the control he has at Spurs, the current state of the squads and the farce of the last few years at Manchester United and think he is better off where he is?
:)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
read that its costing £24m to pay off maureen.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member

I’m shocked , surely Poch Should be the highest paid person at the club .
Let’s say Kane’s on 150k a week and is worth in excess of 180m
If Poch is on 175 a week ( I’ve no idea ) surely he should be worth in excess of 200m ....or is that just too logical