By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

AFC Bournemouth - A (PL) 16:00 Sun 11th March 2018

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2018-03-11-AFC-Bournemouth-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur.jpg

Back to work chaps! A nice big win here would be much appreciated, Harry needs to bang in a couple to retake his place at the top of the Premier League strikers table, he has been overtaken (on Minutes Per Goal) by some one season wonder bloke from some other team. Forget that nasty Italian job and do the business here and in the FA Cup.

Bournemouth are doing well recently, they have only lost 1 of their last 6 home games, they lost to Liverpool and have beaten Everton, Woolwich Walkers FC and Stoke. Not a big deal you might say, anybody can beat Woolwich and Stoke, but they are on a bit of a roll so we need to take this game seriously and take advantage of the points that will be dropped by United or Liverpool. Palace were really unlucky last week, Chelsea awful so we may get a favour in that match as well. Woolwich are at home to Watford - but who cares eh? Good luck to Burnley, let's hope they thump the doodahs off of West Ham and close their little gap on Woolwich while we increase our massive gap.

COYS!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Can I just say that Jason Cundy is a cunt. Thanks. I'm not so stupid that I don't realise he's somehow got a job on Talksport and his job is to be controversial. But he has taken over temporarily from the excellent Hawksbee and Jacobs and is currently arguing about Poch (and calling him MoPo) with Mickey Hazard. i know I shouldn't get annoyed and I should just the radio off, but he fucking riles me as much as Adrian Durham. Fuck off Cundy you useless, ignorant ex footballer and soon ex cheap shot broadcaster, I hope.

Anyway, Bournemouth, whats not to like? Nice club on the South Coast with that nice Eddie Howe as their manager and their nice players like Adam Smith and Jermaine Defoe, who are nice ex Spurs players. So normally it would be a nice day out near the brilliant beach that is Sandbanks and a cheeky 3-2 win. However on Sunday at 4 o'clock, we have to have a reaction to Juventus. We need to start quick, get an early goal and keep going from there. It's silly to say it's a must win game, but it's a must win game. A god win here will restore our momentum, consolidate our league position and then everyone can have a week off, for some R&R before Swansea, which has now become a must win game. They're no pushovers at home Bournemouth, compact small ground and well organised, by nice Mr Howe, but we have to win this one. Fucking football is a nightmare isn't it and jason Cundy is a cunt.

2-1 Spurs.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Absolutely a must win game. We have a couple of tough fixtures coming up and need to bank the 3 points against the sides that we are expected to beat. The top 4 race is very tight and wil be won by the team/s that don't slip up on banana skin fixtures.

Spurs to win 3-1 with a brace to Harry and a one for Eriksen.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Goals:
Kane
Dele
Moura 2

That's it.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Can I just say that Jason Cundy is a cunt. Thanks. I'm not so stupid that I don't realise he's somehow got a job on Talksport and his job is to be controversial. But he has taken over temporarily from the excellent Hawksbee and Jacobs and is currently arguing about Poch (and calling him MoPo) with Mickey Hazard. i know I shouldn't get annoyed and I should just the radio off, but he fucking riles me as much as Adrian Durham. Fuck off Cundy you useless, ignorant ex footballer and soon ex cheap shot broadcaster, I hope.

Anyway, Bournemouth, whats not to like? Nice club on the South Coast with that nice Eddie Howe as their manager and their nice players like Adam Smith and Jermaine Defoe, who are nice ex Spurs players. So normally it would be a nice day out near the brilliant beach that is Sandbanks and a cheeky 3-2 win. However on Sunday at 4 o'clock, we have to have a reaction to Juventus. We need to start quick, get an early goal and keep going from there. It's silly to say it's a must win game, but it's a must win game. A god win here will restore our momentum, consolidate our league position and then everyone can have a week off, for some R&R before Swansea, which has now become a must win game. They're no pushovers at home Bournemouth, compact small ground and well organised, by nice Mr Howe, but we have to win this one. Fucking football is a nightmare isn't it and jason Cundy is a cunt.

2-1 Spurs.

And Charlie Daniels...........
Bournemouth , capacity 12,000 shouldn’t be allowed in the,premiership, it allows only 1200 away fans , and with 500+ away season tickets , getting a ticket to this game is as scarce as rocking horse shit.......I’m lucky, last two seasons I’ve managed to go, but this year my mate forgot to apply , ffs.
Anyway , I hope for a 1-3 win , and their 1 is a 90th minute consolation goal, by JD ( if he’s fit) COYS

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Everyone is picking us to lose or draw this one. Screw that. Come on, boys. Let's stomp this lot. Full week off after so give it everything. 1-3 to men in white. COYS!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Getting back into optimistic, excited mode now, official mourning period is over, so the midweek trauma can be erased - whoosh, gone.

A nice draw in the 12:30 match and 3 points for us would put us 1 point off 2nd place, a dipper loss would still take us up to 3rd, dippers winning would be unpleasant but it's still really tight for the Champions League places, so the run in should be fun!

I am thinking 1-2, or more if Harry has one of his special days, which he will, so I will ignore my brain, logic, stats and all that old bollocks and go for 1-5.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
right lets get nasty this half,and FFS no foul throws!!!!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I was worried about this one. Very well done boys. How long before we start seeing bullshit links between Real Madrid and Son?

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Go the job done pretty well in the end. I missed the first half as was spending all money on my mum and Mrs and they took too long spending my money so got back late.... Hope Harry is OK!!!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Blimey that was hard work, anyone just looking at the score would think we coasted it. I'm sure Cyril wouldn't have minded the Spurs fans singing his song for Sonny - he's a bit good eh? That other bloke who 'would never wear our shirt again' is doing all-right as well , Erik something or other.

3 lovely big points, we go 3rd and hopefully Harry will be OK. The media are all reporting that it's bad, but let's wait and see, hopefully it was a 'just in case' withdrawal. Give him 3 weeks off now, we should be able to deal with Swansea without him, and he'll be good to make April fools out of the chavs. - I hope.

This Spurs side is different, in the past I would have been worried as fuck after that well shakey start, but these days I think we'll sort it, and we usually do.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Missed the game, mothers day and all that. Happy with the 3pts.
Ooooohhhh Harry's ankle? We'll not know I suppose for a few days but tbh not too worried. Sonny boy stepping up.

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Ouch that one hurts to look at but think he’ll be fine for Chelsea.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Nice victory & 3 points.

Worried about Kane.
He didn't look in too much discomfort but was limping & went straight off.
Usually means more severe ligament damage.

Hopefully that's not the case.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Just seen the photos above & just to clarify, sports med says that when you go over your ankle like Kane did & you don't experience much pain or not at all but it feels weak or "different", it's usually that the ligament is totally severed.
If it is stretched or partially torn, it causes more pain. I know it sounds strange but that's what I had been told on a number of occasions by various doctors.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Just seen the photos above & just to clarify, sports med says that when you go over your ankle like Kane did & you don't experience much pain or not at all but it feels weak or "different", it's usually that the ligament is totally severed.
If it is stretched or partially torn, it causes more pain. I know it sounds strange but that's what I had been told on a number of occasions by various doctors.
I've got a dodgy left ankle, broken it 5 times, Whenever I go over on it, which I do all the time, there's never any pain at first, broken, stained or just bent, I think your body goes all full on with the endorphins when it expects a bad injury and so no pain. The pictures look nasty, but there's hope, sometimes injury sites heal to be stronger than they were before, weird that, but it might be true, I think it is, an orthopeedy bloke told me it was. We won't know till later so let's keep our fingers crossed.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.

A heavy price to pay for 3 points if that's the case.

So... about the game. Was disappointed with our start to be honest, it was obvious B'Mouth were going to come at us and too many players thought they would just feel their way in and in my opinion (and this is only MY opinion) were feeling a bit sorry for themselves. Their goal wasn't any surprise and was deserved on the run of play, Moose seemed overawed in the middle as well which was disappointing to see, I think there might have been a formation tweak as he moved left a touch and was getting much more space, from there we started to take control and the rest is history.

Things that are starting to irk me.
1. Dele moaning and generally acting like billy big balls around other players. Good to see Son tell him to stick it up his arse. In fact if my lip reading is any good (and it's not) he said 'How, how, you fucking idiot' to him late in the game. Lad needs to sort it out and get back to what he does best as the cheeky flicks are not working.
2. Aurier: passing, throwing, crossing... nuff said, hoping the Poch can sort him out as at this moment it feels like we bought Walker for half the price and pace. EDIT: Just remembered his cross for the equaliser which was bang on but what was that like 1 in 10?
3. Sanchez scares me, I think he will be a fantastic asset over time but at the moment I tend to hold my breath when he is near the ball.

Yes I am moaning about players when we won 4-1 and it could have been more but these are the niggles that will see us improve in the tiny % needed to get to the top. Overall, we win so happy, apart from the first twenty minutes of course!

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
A heavy price to pay for 3 points if that's the case.

So... about the game. Was disappointed with our start to be honest, it was obvious B'Mouth were going to come at us and too many players thought they would just feel their way in and in my opinion (and this is only MY opinion) were feeling a bit sorry for themselves. Their goal wasn't any surprise and was deserved on the run of play, Moose seemed overawed in the middle as well which was disappointing to see, I think there might have been a formation tweak as he moved left a touch and was getting much more space, from there we started to take control and the rest is history.

Things that are starting to irk me.
1. Dele moaning and generally acting like billy big balls around other players. Good to see Son tell him to stick it up his arse. In fact if my lip reading is any good (and it's not) he said 'How, how, you fucking idiot' to him late in the game. Lad needs to sort it out and get back to what he does best as the cheeky flicks are not working.
2. Aurier: passing, throwing, crossing... nuff said, hoping the Poch can sort him out as at this moment it feels like we bought Walker for half the price and pace. EDIT: Just remembered his cross for the equaliser which was bang on but what was that like 1 in 10?
3. Sanchez scares me, I think he will be a fantastic asset over time but at the moment I tend to hold my breath when he is near the ball.

Yes I am moaning about players when we won 4-1 and it could have been more but these are the niggles that will see us improve in the tiny % needed to get to the top. Overall, we win so happy, apart from the first twenty minutes of course!

In response to point 1, I loved that from Sonny, it drives me nuts when you see players throwing their arms up in the air when they feel they should’ve received the ball, coz at the end of that particular move, they’re standing in space but in reality, there were at least 1 or 2 defenders in between the ball carrier and the muppet throwing their arms in the air.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I understand what you all are saying about Dele, but honestly, I'd be much more worried if he wasn't demanding the ball and complaining about not getting it (but also good on Sonny for telling him to fuck off). For all the camaraderie that seems to exist, this team needs a few alpha males, and I don't mind our best players popping off at each other.

On another note, I was just kind of fast-forwarding back through the game, and just marveling at how brilliant Eriksen was today. Agree with what people are saying about Aurier, I have no doubt that Poch will sort him out, but for me KWP is our second-choice RB.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Well, after all that has happened this week, it would be churlish to moan about some of the performances. I think ultimately it was a big, very professional win and that's what counts. Professional in a way that Juve were against us the other night. There were some tired players out there I thought, Mousa being the best example but several weren't quite on it. Eriksen by contrast was outstanding as was Son again. Serge, where do you start? Crossing, defending, tackling, positioning....then he delivers 1 great cross, switches to left back and gets a goal. Our latest French enigma.

Great win, will have done everyone the power of good, including me and everyone on here. COYS