By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bale - would you have him back?

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Hmmmm? Kane for Bale? I dunno about that. Kane for Bale and Asensio feels much better, but still a bit icky. Think I'd pass if that's the cost, unless, of course, it's inevitable.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Yeh Madrid can fuck right off and swivel if they think they can get their hands on Harry, snidey little fuckers. They want to sell Bale then no worries we can talk about that...

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Depends on how much they want for him and how much Bale wants from us. On the one hand he’s still a world class player who’s capable of turning a game on its head and now comes with a winners mentality, although I don’t think he necessarily has the personality to take a team by the scruff of its neck and give it a good shake. On the other hand, he’s so injury prone, I don’t see him getting thru a whole season, without being out for at least a couple of months. Is that really worth £70 odd mill and £150k a week at the very least?

I think i’d take him back on the basis that he could earn us an extra 5-10 points a season, thru his ability to strike wonder goals and his pace and ability to glide past players, is much needed.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If the money is doable and he gets a thorough fitness check, we'd be mad not to. I don't expect the first hurdle to be cleared though?

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Rather Keep Kane. If there was the chance to have him back without losing any of the front three I would chew your arm off.

Still one of the best in the world even with his injury problems of late. If we could fix Lamelas back we can fix bale lol

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Well we do need a good left wingback.:) Would probably only survive about 15 games in that spot but man it would be glorious while it lasted. Sigh.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Nothing wrong with a quick one for old times sake.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Him or a raft of other players who could bolster the entire squad?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
His pace would be a winner, when he can run....!!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Correct, as soon as he tries to jump those calfs will go ;)

Everything in the human body is obviously interconnected.
A lot of the muscular issues emanate from the core or lower back.
I wouldn't be surprised if he has an issue with his lower back which affects his muscular alignment in his legs.

I remember back in the 80's & 90's when AC Milan was the top club, their player medical exam was so thorough, stringent & precise that they wouldn't sign a player whose teeth weren't aligned properly. A misalignment would mean that the players jaw wasn't aligned properly & so forth down the body.

Remember, at that time, Milan could have had any player that they wanted in the world (& they did hoard players) but even if there were minor issues, they wouldn't take him.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Everything in the human body is obviously interconnected.
A lot of the muscular issues emanate from the core or lower back.
I wouldn't be surprised if he has an issue with his lower back which affects his muscular alignment in his legs.

I remember back in the 80's & 90's when AC Milan was the top club, their player medical exam was so thorough, stringent & precise that they wouldn't sign a player whose teeth weren't aligned properly. A misalignment would mean that the players jaw wasn't aligned properly & so forth down the body.

Remember, at that time, Milan could have had any player that they wanted in the world (& they did hoard players) but even if there were minor issues, they wouldn't take him.

Missing the double play on that one then! And I thought I was being so clever.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Bale still is a world class player. If the deal is right, I don't think you could do better. Especially if we can keep him fit.

A player of that stature also does signal some serious intention.

Eriksen, Kane, Dele, Son and Bale would be quiet fearsome. Especially with Moura on the bench. Might have to play Eriksen a bit further back though.

I think with some Poch seasoning even if he's not at his best I don't think it'll be long before he gains some form.

Though, if the Sun rumours are to be believed (lol) we might have signed Sess already

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Bale still is a world class player. If the deal is right, I don't think you could do better. Especially if we can keep him fit.

A player of that stature also does signal some serious intention.

Eriksen, Kane, Dele, Son and Bale would be quiet fearsome. Especially with Moura on the bench. Might have to play Eriksen a bit further back though.

I think with some Poch seasoning even if he's not at his best I don't think it'll be long before he gains some form.

Though, if the Sun rumours are to be believed (lol) we might have signed Sess already
The attention merely putting Bale in the side would get from other teams,would allow kane,dele,son or eriksen so much more space,you can put 2 on kane&snuff him out,play narrow and congest the areas dele son and eriksen live in,but put Bale in the mere threat would force teams to choose & leave other options for us going forward.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
The attention merely putting Bale in the side would get from other teams,would allow kane,dele,son or eriksen so much more space,you can put 2 on kane&snuff him out,play narrow and congest the areas dele son and eriksen live in,but put Bale in the mere threat would force teams to choose & leave other options for us going forward.

I so agree.
You have hit the nail on the head with your logic.
It would be such a nightmare for other clubs coming up against us.
Players: "What do we do?"
Coach: "Uhm..."
Players: "Coach?"
Coach: "OK. I got it. We'll defend deep. Everyone line up on our goal line & cover your nuts for 90 mins"

But I can't understand why there is so much opposition to it from Spurs fans.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I so agree.
You have hit the nail on the head with your logic.
It would be such a nightmare for other clubs coming up against us.
Players: "What do we do?"
Coach: "Uhm..."
Players: "Coach?"
Coach: "OK. I got it. We'll defend deep. Everyone line up on our goal line & cover your nuts for 90 mins"

But I can't understand why there is so much opposition to it from Spurs fans.
We've been #Levied...!!!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
If it is true that Bale has been fit bar the 6 week injury then we simply need to get him back. I think his interviews after the final are pretty telling. He just won a trophy but was more than happy to discuss the possibility of leaving. The guys a fucking winner. Showed that yesterday!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
If it is true that Bale has been fit bar the 6 week injury then we simply need to get him back. I think his interviews after the final are pretty telling. He just won a trophy but was more than happy to discuss the possibility of leaving. The guys a fucking winner. Showed that yesterday!
Can’t argue with any of that but.....Zidane can change his mind, but we can’t afford £200k+ per week and his transfer fee will now be north of £80m. I don’t see how it can happen unless Levy does something extraordinary

Boone

Boone

Player in Training.
Wouldn’t a marquee signing like that be considered something that pays a lot of itself off through publicity, kit sales, etc (along with potential for on-field success)?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Wouldn’t a marquee signing like that be considered something that pays a lot of itself off through publicity, kit sales, etc (along with potential for on-field success)?
Yes, great point. They said that about Maradona signing for Napoli all those years ago. The number of additional season tickets sold, merchandising and other deals paid for the transfer..... I dont know about these days

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
if we want to climb a level yes.We dont need it to fill the stadium (well this year at least),but worldwide attention,global marketing even without increasing revenue which it would,sooner or later we have to show this financial ambition,or go back to where we were before martin jol.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just been browsing the Bale transfer document,the pertinent part is point 10.Which basically states any transfer agrred by RM for Bale is informed to THFC who have 72 hrs to affirm a matching bid and Real shall be required to accept Tottenham's offer in preference to any other offers received, including any higher offers received following the third-party offer .This clause lasts until june 2019.

https://as.com/descargables/2016/01/20/f98891d4f78745a4cb1669a599bbccd8.pdf

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Just been browsing the Bale transfer document,the pertinent part is point 10.Which basically states any transfer agrred by RM for Bale is informed to THFC who have 72 hrs to affirm a matching bid and Real shall be required to accept Tottenham's offer in preference to any other offers received, including any higher offers received following the third-party offer .This clause lasts until june 2019.

https://as.com/descargables/2016/01/20/f98891d4f78745a4cb1669a599bbccd8.pdf
So.... in cahoots with Barca we arrange for them to offer £15.64 and a half eaten prawn sarnie... we match it and give him whatever wages the cunt wants. #Levied