By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bale - would you have him back?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Being reported that he's on £350000 a week? That's not happening.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
That takes into consideration that he signs all his image rights over to Real Madrid. The 350K is in lieu of everything he would have been entitled to such as commercials, adverts, FIFA 18, shirt sales, merch, etc, etc.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

My understanding is that figure is AFTER tax.

That takes into consideration that he signs all his image rights over to Real Madrid. The 350K is in lieu of everything he would have been entitled to such as commercials, adverts, FIFA 18, shirt sales, merch, etc, etc.

I read somewhere that at the time Bale signed for RM, his deal stated that he gets 60% of all image rights or merchandise sales (unfortunately I can't recall which one). Regardless, that 60% figure is higher than anyone else at RM. including Ronaldo.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
My understanding is that figure is AFTER tax.

I read somewhere that at the time Bale signed for RM, his deal stated that he gets 60% of all image rights or merchandise sales (unfortunately I can't recall which one). Regardless, that 60% figure is higher than anyone else at RM. including Ronaldo.
For spurs to have any chance of any deal,whether he earns 200k or 400k,it will take an act of benevolence from Bale in terms of wages.Thats an ethics question for the guy himself,PSG and increase his salary but Paris maybe a great city,but PSG not a great club in a great league.United or chelsea?chelsea I think not unless they sold hazard and ploughed it all in to a 29yr old Bale and Roman seems bored with spending,United? does Bale really want to drop down to playing left back again under Jose?besides if the 2 were on offer from RM united would take ronaldo 1st.They could pay the wages,but really stunt rashford and martial further in their careers?

If i had to bet,I`d say one more year at Madrid.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The numbers don't work... and I can't imagine Bale woudl be prepared to give up the chance of making loads more cash when it's being offered. Lets face it we are just a few faces off of challenging for some silverware but we are not the best option for him if he wants a Premier league trophy right now. Only way is if we convinve him he would be one of the 4 worldies we have lined up, and that we mean business this coming season. We're dreaming lads, but it's important to do that.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
If i had to bet,I`d say one more year at Madrid.
He will need some cast iron promises from Zidane otherwise City is an option? I wonder what Ronaldo will do as well. That Madrid team is at the top still now, but creaking and needs a rebuild.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Realistically... I'd say Citeh is the only viable option for him. League credentials, will pay the wages, fits his and their profile.

Keep dreaming yidos, you never know.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
IF Levy has genuine ambitions of creating more than just a top notch 'brand' he can sell on for mega profit then he has to make a play for Bale surely. The only way I could forgive him is if Poch says he doesn't want/need him.

Even then I'm going to be really pissed if he goes somewhere else!

I like to dream, it gives me hope!

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I'm not entirely discounting the notion that Bale has been very responsible with his riches and would come back on money similar to what Harry Kane is getting. Gareth does not appear to be the mercenary type and has openly stated that he needs to be playing every week. Well we can offer him that, Madrid cannot despite any assurances that Zidane may give him. And as for the cash, well he would still be looked after very well and would be coming back to a fanbase that loves him. Despite him scoring the winner in two CL finals Gareth will never have the adulation of the Madrid fans that he does at Spurs and I think that makes a big difference.

The issue for me is the transfer fee and not the wages. I put a rough ceiling of 60M as to what Levy would pay (given reasonable salary expectations) and I am not sure that this figure will be enough.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
I'm not entirely discounting the notion that Bale has been very responsible with his riches and would come back on money similar to what Harry Kane is getting. Gareth does not appear to be the mercenary type and has openly stated that he needs to be playing every week. Well we can offer him that, Madrid cannot despite any assurances that Zidane may give him. And as for the cash, well he would still be looked after very well and would be coming back to a fanbase that loves him. Despite him scoring the winner in two CL finals Gareth will never have the adulation of the Madrid fans that he does at Spurs and I think that makes a big difference.

The issue for me is the transfer fee and not the wages. I put a rough ceiling of 60M as to what Levy would pay (given reasonable salary expectations) and I am not sure that this figure will be enough.

Yeh £75m might do it but thats a whole lotta dough to find. Maybe Levy can work his add ons magic and tempt him back.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

Don’t forget that transfer fees are spread over a number of years typically, so £75m over three years of £25m each is not so bad. I do t think it will happen because of wages, might it depends who we sell - ie Toby + Dembele and then it might......

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I think it is a lovely dream to have him back,but so is winning the lottery.And even then who knows if Poch would want him back IF madrid could agree a fee,IF Bale could agree terms,IF we could afford it,thats a lot of if`s and as long as it doesnt distract from what we need to sign to improve,then I am happy to dream.
Regardless we still need to sort out if toby,rose,dembele stay and who we bring in if they dont.That is just to stand still,Bale would give us striker cover for sure,but also who gets dropped/sold?eriksen,Dele,Son,Bale&Kane sounds wonderful,we could clear out sissoko,lamela,moura but can 1 player cover 3,we certainly know 7 players cant cover 1 !!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
If he ain't good enough for Real, he ain't good enough for us. And he only scores in finals and we rarely reach them so there's that. :rolleyes: I can't let myself get excited about this because it will be crushing when he signs for United. But it will be funny when Mou has him playing as a third holding midfielder.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just one paragraph for you.have a read of the full article.
https://www.spursstatman.com/articles/2018/5/28/what-if-bale

Don’t try and deny it – as the Welshman streaked away with that familiar growl of aggressive celebration on his face, you dreamt. Just a little bit. You dreamt that the recent rumours have been true, that the fairy-tale reunion might happen. For the next few minutes, in the hallucinatory glow of Bale’s magnificence, you buried the memory of the skipped training sessions and the matching pink hat and t-shirt combo. You chose to ignore the economic logistics that provide the largest obstacle in those dreams becoming a reality. You did all that because Bale had just taken you back to those moments in time where he would defy logic, and opened your mind up to every possibility. And you were not alone.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Well Modric`s open leaving letter seems to rule out a return to us

DeX-rnDXUAAT5nC.jpg

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
It's amusing reading all the posts in this starting back when everyone was "no chance we'd get him" or "don't do it to yourselves" etc and suddenly people are starting to think "could it be possible?" @Yid is probably the closest. We're all being Levyd. :mad:

Reactions: Yid
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It's amusing reading all the posts in this starting back when everyone was "no chance we'd get him" or "don't do it to yourselves" etc and suddenly people are starting to think "could it be possible?" @Yid is probably the closest. We're all being Levyd. :mad:
dont worry it will all turn to judas,or he`s injury prone when he doesnt come back!!Especially if he goes to united.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.

I'm going to be so upset when goes somewhere else but I just can't help dreaming o_O

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid

The life of a Spurs fan is to dream of the best outcome.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Zidane just quit,thats a spanner in the ointment then.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Wouldn't think the real job would really be for Sir Poch. There is no bedding in time. U don't win a cup in ur first 2 days and the crowd and board are on your back. Hard to build anything there really.

Spose theres the prestige of it or whatever....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Wouldn't think the real job would really be for Sir Poch. There is no bedding in time. U don't win a cup in ur first 2 days and the crowd and board are on your back. Hard to build anything there really.

Spose theres the prestige of it or whatever....
There's a lot of truth in this........and in addition what more can Zidane do with anageing squad that's won the big pot 3 years out of 3. There's only one way that's heading. I also like the fact that he's pulled the rug from under Perez feet. He know's he would have been sacked if they'd lost, so he's turned the tables brilliantly and left reputation intact and Perez floundering. Maximum effect right before the World cup.

I can't think of anyone right now who would be first choice, but the World cup has just become the perfect audition for the job among some of the top guys.

The Squirrel says - I wonder what the betting is on Joachim Low? outside chances for Conte when he leaves Chelsea or Allegri perhaps?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There's a lot of truth in this........and in addition what more can Zidane do with anageing squad that's won the big pot 3 years out of 3. There's only one way that's heading. I also like the fact that he's pulled the rug from under Perez feet. He know's he would have been sacked if they'd lost, so he's turned the tables brilliantly and left reputation intact and Perez floundering. Maximum effect right before the World cup.

I can't think of anyone right now who would be first choice, but the World cup has just become the perfect audition for the job among some of the top guys.

The Squirrel says - I wonder what the betting is on Joachim Low? outside chances for Conte when he leaves Chelsea or Allegri perhaps?
wenger !!!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I wonder if Chelski decides to hang on the Conte now just to keep him from Real. There is no way they are hiring Wenger. They're are assholes, not idiots.

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I wonder if Chelski decides to hang on the Conte now just to keep him from Real. There is no way they are hiring Wenger. There are assholes, not idiots.
I reckon Sarri is a prime candidate,which would deny chelsea their #1 choice to replace Baldini