By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Bale - would you have him back?

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
There's a lot of truth in this........and in addition what more can Zidane do with anageing squad that's won the big pot 3 years out of 3. There's only one way that's heading. I also like the fact that he's pulled the rug from under Perez feet. He know's he would have been sacked if they'd lost, so he's turned the tables brilliantly and left reputation intact and Perez floundering. Maximum effect right before the World cup.

I can't think of anyone right now who would be first choice, but the World cup has just become the perfect audition for the job among some of the top guys.

The Squirrel says - I wonder what the betting is on Joachim Low? outside chances for Conte when he leaves Chelsea or Allegri perhaps?

To be fair Zidane knows how to make an exit....

Reactions: Yid
BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
I still love that! Who the hell head-butts someone in the chest? Cost them the WC but it was almost kinda worth it imo.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Dehp6I7XUAErGhp.jpg
Brilliant pic, second only to Dele in front of the plastic fans.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Have we not signed him yet? If the transfer fee isn't too high then I can actually start to see this as feasible now. With us needing to sign players under the homegrown bracket or sell some foreign players before bringing any in I think he will be probably be the best homegrown option we could have as he came through the ranks at Southampton. I think he'd take similar deal to Kane's too. He'll be aware he's unlikely to leave Madrid and earn more money.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I live under the total delusion Bale wants to come back to the Premier League and win it with Spurs.
Me too. He'd be a cracking addition to the team! Come on Gareth, I know you're reading this!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Don't want to be banging on about this & boring others but there is no one else that could be a statement signing for NWHL that would make such an impact both on the field & commercially.
No other player could bring what he does & is within our realm of possibilities.

And with Julen there now...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I can see the announcement trailer now

*Movie Trailer Voice over: "Sometimes they change"
Cue montage of old WHL becoming new WHL

*Movie Trailer Voice over: "Sometimes they have always been here"
Cue montage of Harry Kane coming through the ranks with the 'one of our own chant' in the background

*Movie Trailer Voice over: "Sometimes they come back"
Cue montage of Bale's greatest moments in a Spur's shirt

#goosebumps

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I can see the announcement trailer now

*Movie Trailer Voice over: "Sometimes they change"
Cue montage of old WHL becoming new WHL

*Movie Trailer Voice over: "Sometimes they have always been here"
Cue montage of Harry Kane coming through the ranks with the 'one of our own chant' in the background

*Movie Trailer Voice over: "Sometimes they come back"
Cue montage of Bale's greatest moments in a Spur's shirt

#goosebumps
"Dier,moves it on to Bale,
Bale goes past one,Bale he`still going,oh thats perfect on plate....

oooh how did sissoko miss that"

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Real Madrid forward Cristiano Ronaldo is set to be confirmed as a Juventus player, possibly in a matter of hours.

It is understood an agreement has been reached between the two clubs that will see the 33-year-old Portuguese end a 10-year stay at the Bernabeu.

Where does this leave Bale?neymar going to Real? or Bale the main man now??

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Bale won't go now...

I'd have him back in a hot minute.... for the right money on the right deal.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Just keep all our players, sign a class CM and I'll be happy. Bale would be great, but c'mon, they'd want Kane in return. Why wouldn't they? No thanks.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Bale won't go now...

I'd have him back in a hot minute.... for the right money on the right deal.

I would have him back too.
I do not think the RM fans would be satisfied with Bale now the Main Man. Especially with his injury record.
They tend to like shiny new toys every year.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I would have him back too.
I do not think the RM fans would be satisfied with Bale now the Main Man. Especially with his injury record.
They tend to like shiny new toys every year.
They do but they love him, like they live Modric... however.... they fucking loved Ronny too...

They have to win the fucking lot this season or the knives will be out sooner rather than later.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.

Unbelievable player for us. Some of his performances will live long in the memory.
If the attitude was a little better over the last number of years he could've been one of the all time greats imo..
Enjoy your retirement Gareth..

Reactions: Yid
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Agreed, he was on another level to many that have worn the Lillywhite...

Got a lot of time for his quiet, get the fuck on with it demeanour too.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Just so dominant--Mbappe-like when he was on song.

Seems like a century ago that we went 20 games or whatever without winning with him in the lineup. Says a lot about his character as well as his talent.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
God, I remember the "curse" of Gareth Bale as well which still seems absurd when you think about some of the games he had for us. The hat-trick against Inter Milan when absolutely rinsed Zanetti for his second springs to mind quite often :)

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
God, I remember the "curse" of Gareth Bale as well which still seems absurd when you think about some of the games he had for us. The hat-trick against Inter Milan when absolutely rinsed Zanetti for his second springs to mind quite often :)
A period where the powers that be seriously considered sending him to Boro...I remember the jokes on the match thread on a certain not-to-be named forum I'd just joined when Harry put him on late against someone (forget the opponent) we were absolutely thrashing just to break the so-called curse.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
A period where the powers that be seriously considered sending him to Boro...I remember the jokes on the match thread on a certain not-to-be named forum I'd just joined when Harry put him on late against someone (forget the opponent) we were absolutely thrashing just to break the so-called curse.
If I remember correctly, I'm sure I read that the move to Boro came very close to actually happening.

But then I also remember that match as well because I'm pretty sure it was, ironically, against Southampton. We were 4-0 up and he brought Bale on with about 5 minutes left.

I'm no big lover of those "net worth" sites but more than a few of them estimate he's got around £120m in the bank so I'm sure we'd all retire at 33 with that kind of pot :)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Just so dominant--Mbappe-like when he was on song.

Seems like a century ago that we went 20 games or whatever without winning with him in the lineup. Says a lot about his character as well as his talent.
Definitely as good as Mbappe if not better. Remember the goal against Stoke? UCL final vs the Scouse? Norwich away? West ham away? Inter Milan hat trick, plus so many others, and that doesn't include the assists - Taxi for maicon etc. Simply one of the best in my era.