By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Burnley A [PL] 15:00 Sat 1st April 2017

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
2017-04-01-Burnley-vs-Tottenham-Hotspur_zpshxvg1vlz.png

TOUGH GAME!

Burnley are on a roll at the moment they have won 5 of their last 6 Home games, and they drew their last game at Turf Moor against Chelsea, so that's 16 points from a possible 18! They are very tough to beat at Home, so if any numpties are reading this - beware! All their victories this season have been at Turf Moor and they have only lost 3 of the 14 Premiership games they have played at home, the first game of the season against Swansea then the games against Arsenal and Manchester City - really, really tough to take 3 points away from their house!

We need to up our away games form because it hasn't been that impressive so far this season. So this will be the ideal opportunity to start increasing the ever widening gap, which should be minded, mind it, mind that gap.

It's one of those win-win weekends again for us with Arsenal playing City who cares who wins in that one? A draw would be splendid and my brain is saying that an Arsenal win would be preferable to a City win but since when have I listened to my brain? Nah, I can't wish for that unpleasantness.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
YES, excellent work Premier league thread meister. Premier league football is back this weekend, after that International nonsense. Although well played Spurs with their England shirts on....the four 'men of the match' were Walker, Dier, Dele and Defoe (still Spurs obviously),but it was all a bit dull wasn't it.

Anyway Burnley without Harry, Kane not Winks, very difficult to win here, but we'll see they have that emerging talent Keane at centre back, one of the England newbies, but we have Eriksen, Son and Alli, so three against one, or two if you count Heaton the goalie, he's good as well and has got me a lot of fantasy football points.

In my fantasy football heart we'll win something like 2-1, but it might be a draw, because everyone has found it difficult here. We're better than 'everyone' though especially with our genius wingbacks, so I'm sticking with a win unless we draw.

Hugo
Walker, Dier, Toby, Vertonghen, Davies
Wanyama, Dembele
Eriksen, Dele
Son or Janssen

Good luck lads.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Referee Stuart Attwell will take charge of Burnley v Spurs
The referee has been announced for Saturday's Premier League clash between Burnley and Tottenham Hotspur at Turf Moor.

Stuart Attwell has been placed in charge of the match, with Gary Beswick and Dave Bryan his assistants and Michael Oliver named as the fourth official.

Attwell, 34, was the youngest person to ever referee in the Premier League in 2008, but was then involved in the 'ghost goal' awarded to Reading that year when his assistant Nigel Bannister mistakenly flagged for a goal instead of a corner kick against Watford.

Attwell has mostly been in charge of Football League matches since but returned to the Select Group of Referees last year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dear @Dorset ,
is the kick off not 15.00 hrs?if you tune in to watch at 14.15 consumption of beverages maybe severely curtailed ??But I suppose thats better than Don still in the pub til half time at the NLD,eh!! :D

know you love them :D:D:D here`s some more ;);)

:)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Dear @Dorset ,
is the kick off not 15.00 hrs?if you tune in to watch at 14.15 consumption of beverages maybe severely curtailed ??But I suppose thats better than Don still in the pub til half time at the NLD,eh!! :D

Oh how amusing o_O o_O :mad: I have already foreseen that it will be 0-0 at half-time in the NLD so decided to stay with those unfortunates that did not manage to procure a ticket in the Brickies. I will then be hot footing it to my seat in time for the second half to watch us triumph 4-1 with Ozil getting sent off in his last game for the Scum.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Dear @Dorset ,

In Dorset we don't go in for that clock changing nonsense that the rest of the country did on Saturday, here it is always DT, Dorset Time, which is 45 minutes in front of the rest of the world.

Whoops.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
In Dorset we don't go in for that clock changing nonsense that the rest of the country did on Saturday, here it is always DT, Dorset Time, which is 45 minutes in front of the rest of the world.

Whoops.

So,does that,mean you get the lottery results before everyone else ?? Gives the numbers, and we'll split it equally 40/60

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Thanks god for some league football. Cant abide international football these days

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Could see us losing this. My bro , dad and bros GF are all going but the female is a Burnley fan. I opted out due to work but got a feeling that was a good call. Can't see us winning there comfortably. Going for a 1-1 myself

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
@skiathospurs wheres the Scud vs Forum Prediction thing???!!! or has Scud waved the white flag with 10 games to go?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Could see us losing this. My bro , dad and bros GF are all going but the female is a Burnley fan. I opted out due to work but got a feeling that was a good call. Can't see us winning there comfortably. Going for a 1-1 myself
Saying stuff like this is why the rough boys bully you.

vb2Y8Ek.jpg

We will win this, it won't be easy, there are no easy games in the PL, this one will be less easy than most, but of course we will win.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
2-1......Dele wins penalty in 88th minute shock?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Boom !!!get in there eriksen 3-0
yidio yidio yidio
2537181500000578-0-image-a-3_1422721092954.jpg

birdonaball

birdonaball

Player in Training.
Tough game as Burnley have been stubborn as hell at home. Hoping for a win to keep us in the mix.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Watch out for the Joey Barton wind up Dele. Tough one coming up, Good luck lads....Janssen time!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Oh FFS just seen the reports on the injuries....after two almost major injury free years we've been hit this year. Guess it's time for Sissoko and Dembele midweek and Watford. Hope they're not too bad. C'mon lads let's keep going.

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
You know, we've suffered with injuries all season .... and yet we're still 2nd. When you think how the only team currently above us have had less games and hardly any injuries at all, our position is pretty damn impressive

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You know, we've suffered with injuries all season .... and yet we're still 2nd. When you think how the only team currently above us have had less games and hardly any injuries at all, our position is pretty damn impressive
Yep absolutely, it's quite remarkable really when you consider that the major injuries up to this point have also been to key players Kane and Alderwiereld in particular. Fantastic to deal with all that and the quantity of matches played, although you wouldn't realise that judging by posts in some other places!!

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
That's a player worth more than £40m right there!

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
7 minutes of injury time at the Bridge, Fergie time, anyone?

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Wtf? Where did Chelsea get SEVEN MINUTES over-time from? Conte-time

Looks like we're gaining on them whatever happens ... why did I say that??