By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Champions league 17/18

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Are you watching Arsenal !!
images

Good article here explaining the A & B lists and general rules relating to squads for this year.

http://www.football.london/tottenham-hotspur-fc/news/spurs-champions-league-squad-how-13214113

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Think we'll be 3rd seeds again, tough, but it's the big boys so we better get used to it and they're a re several teams seeded above us that we can beat and I don't just mean Chelsea, City and United ha ha ha.

England as a whole needs to do a lot better in the CL this next season, we are in danger of being replaced by Italy in the UEFA coefficient rankings for having 4 places allocated dropping to 3. Arsenal will never make the Champions League again!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Pot 1

Real Madrid
(ESP, holders),Bayern München (GER),Juventus (ITA),Benfica (POR),Chelsea (ENG),Shakhtar Donetsk (UKR),Monaco (FRA),Spartak Moskva (RUS)

Pot 2

Barcelona (ESP)Atlético Madrid (ESP)Paris Saint-Germain (FRA)Borussia Dortmund (GER)Sevilla (ESP)Manchester City (ENG)Porto (POR)Manchester United (ENG)

Pot 3
Napoli (ITA)Tottenham Hotspur (ENG)Basel (SUI)Olympiacos (GRE)Anderlecht (BEL)Liverpool (ENG)Roma (ITA)Beşiktaş (TUR)

Pot 4:

Celtic
(Sco),CSKA Moskva (Rus),Sporting CP (Por),APOEL (Cyp),Feyenoord (Ned),Maribor (Svn),Qarabag (Aze),RB Leipzig (Ger)

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Some big games coming up right across the board I think.

.........You're not singing Maribor......... :) still a favourite.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Shaktar,porto apoel if you please!!

could be bayern,barca,celtic other end of the scale o_O

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Match day one: 12-13 September;
Match day two: 26-27 September;
Match day three: 17-18 October;
Match day four: 31 October-1 November;
Match day five:
21-22 November;
Match day six: 5-6 December

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Madrid and Dortmund. Maybe slightly better than Barca/Juve in Group D.

Sucks to be Apoel.

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Someone pleeeeaase find the Thierry Henry sketch on Joe.co.uk and post it if this doesn't work..... it's brilliant.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Being Madrid on! Slight shame we are not playing them at the Lane but can't have everything, last time the stuffed us, so we owe them one.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Wow, what a group that is. Cannot believe how lucky the scousers have been

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
I'm pretty happy with that group. Think it's us and Dortmund going for second. Barca might have Dembele off them yet and they might struggle then.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Magnificent draw imo. This is what it's all about boys. I bet the players are buzzing their tits off.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I'm told the schedule is:
Matchday 1 Dortmund
Matchday 2 Nicosia
Matchday 3 & 4 Madrid
Matchday 5 Nicosia
Matchday 6 Dortmund

Can anyone confirm this...??

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Dortmund home
Nicosia away
Madrid away
Madrid home
Dortmund away
Nicosia home

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Magnificent draw imo. This is what it's all about boys. I bet the players are buzzing their tits off.
Yeah, Real Madrid at Wembley. Holy shit. Literally the type of game most of these boys dreamed of.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
I'll sell my house to bring my boys over for RM at Wembley. Glory days are here!

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
At first I was gutted with the draw but now I'm buzzing. Shame it's not at the Lane but can't wait to watch our boys play against the best and show them what we are all about!! Have to beat the best to be the best. COYS!!!

Also, not sure if this correct but I've read this will be our fixtures over 2 weeks..

18/10 - Spurs v Real Madrid
22/10 - Spurs v Liverpool
28/10 - Man Utd v Spurs
1/11 - Real Madrid v Spurs

Going to be a crazy couple of weeks! Hopefully our squad will be up to the challenge and smash it!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
At first I was gutted with the draw but now I'm buzzing. Shame it's not at the Lane but can't wait to watch our boys play against the best and show them what we are all about!! Have to beat the best to be the best. COYS!!!

Also, not sure if this correct but I've read this will be our fixtures over 2 weeks..

18/10 - Spurs v Real Madrid
22/10 - Spurs v Liverpool
28/10 - Man Utd v Spurs
1/11 - Real Madrid v Spurs

Going to be a crazy couple of weeks! Hopefully our squad will be up to the challenge and smash it!
Oct18th -Spurs v Real
22nd -Spurs v Liverpool
28th -Man Utd v Spurs
Nov 1st -Real v Spurs

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
The difference this year is that United and Liverpool also have Champions League football....read that again, how weird does that sound!! Brilliant, shows how far we've come.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Reckon we'll have Dortmund. Real is a whole other kettle of fish, but how good is it that our wee team gets to take on the best team in the world right now!

Buzzzzing!!

wilson

wilson

Player in Training.
Squad announced,there is also a B list of younger players allowed which will probably include KWP and Winks.Big thing to take away is no Janssen or Lamela in the squad !!

http://www.uefa.com/uefachampionsleague/season=2018/clubs/club=1652/squad/index.html
When we got Llorente questions were asked as to what that meant for Janssen and his position at the club... well I think him missing out on a CL squad place answers those questions. He is most definitely behind Llorente in the pecking order and unless Harry/Llorente pick up an injury or he suddenly turns into Sheringham in training then you would be forgiven to think he will get even less minutes than he even got last season.

Also, to me, it shows that Lamela is still some months away from getting back on the pitch. He's meant to be back early/mid October but we still have over half our group games left to play after that. You'd imagine he would've made the squad if they were confident he would be back by then? I spose even if he does come back then we probably won't be back properly till later in the year really having spent so long out.

All in all, not hugely surprised that they haven't been included. Got to feel bit sorry for them both though all the same.