By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Chavs (H) PL Thurs 4th Feb 20;00

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Everyone is taking the piss... commentators quoting Danny Blanchflower...

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Better second half, had the chances to get a result.

still, not good enough

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Lads I don't know what the general Spurs fans opinions on this is but using our little echo chamber as an indicator, there has to be an overwhelming feeling that this dinosaur has to go...?

I don't do social media but I wonder if fans started to post and comment about giving their "vote of confidence for the manager" as a tongue in cheek way of saying they've had enough...?
Based on what I've seen of social media, I'd say it's reached a tipping point towards getting rid, or at least that he needs to change (which he won't do) in order to keep his job.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I've also seen a lot of people stating the obvious: that Mourinho is one lucky bastard that this shit is playing out in an empty stadium

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Based on what I've seen of social media, I'd say it's reached a tipping point towards getting rid, or at least that he needs to change (which he won't do) in order to keep his job.
Not a chance of that. Remember, he considers himself the "special one " so pride will kick in. But he must know he's finished. Its horrible cynical energy sapping defensive shite football. Go now Jose, go now and let us have a chance of getting in someone who understands and respects the traditions of this club.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Exactly the kind of shit he pulled at his other jobs when he was feeling the pressure:

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
OK thanks lads, so its not just us miserable cunts who know what must be done...!

The trouble is, does Levy get exposure to what the real feeling is? Or is he filled with shit by yes men who feed his ego. Talking of his ego could that take the hit by admiting hewas wrong?In these penny pinching times will he take the financial hit?

They both get my "Vote of confidence".

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
My guess is with the massive amount he's still owed, plus being the the Caribou final, the Europa knockouts, and still kicking in the FA cup, we are stuck with him until the summer at the earliest. No one is gonna fix us for a PL run so I think Levy will hope we can finish top half of the table and win a cup. There was a time when we would have been OK with that. Unfortunately that time was 10 years ago.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
My guess is with the massive amount he's still owed, plus being the the Caribou final, the Europa knockouts, and still kicking in the FA cup, we are stuck with him until the summer at the earliest. No one is gonna fix us for a PL run so I think Levy will hope we can finish top half of the table and win a cup. There was a time when we would have been OK with that. Unfortunately that time was 10 years ago.
I tend to agree, but what if we don't beat West Brom on the weekend?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Lads I don't know what the general Spurs fans opinions on this is but using our little echo chamber as an indicator, there has to be an overwhelming feeling that this dinosaur has to go...?

I don't do social media but I wonder if fans started to post and comment about giving their "vote of confidence for the manager" as a tongue in cheek way of saying they've had enough...?

Apparently there are plenty of Mourinho fanbois stinking up the Fighting Cock. I can't confirm because I don't want to cavort with stupid cunts like that.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
5/2 to be next manager sacked.

Time to mortgage the house and load up.

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

I’m still seeing a majority blaming individual players (Dier and Son, mostly) rather than blaming Jose.

S

spurs2rise

Player in Training.
I’m still seeing a majority blaming individual players (Dier and Son, mostly) rather than blaming Jose.
To be fair, it’s a little of both.

It’s obviously we overrated our squad and never replenished when required under Poch, indicating how well Poch had us going in our prime.

Don’t forget we were shit under Poch at the end though. The squad has gone backwards (or maybe to state it better, it is not improved with the exception of two key midfielders).

But the management is also tosh.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

similar poignant and fair analysis. Nothing further to add.
..."And it left him with an ominous recent record of only three wins from the past 12 league games, the same sequence that saw his hugely popular predecessor Mauricio Pochettino sacked. While no-one is suggesting crisis point has been reached, these are troubled times for Mourinho."

I am suggesting that crisis point has been reached and I believe one or two others might agree with me.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
To be fair, it’s a little of both.

It’s obviously we overrated our squad and never replenished when required under Poch, indicating how well Poch had us going in our prime.

Don’t forget we were shit under Poch at the end though. The squad has gone backwards (or maybe to state it better, it is not improved with the exception of two key midfielders).

But the management is also tosh.
I think it's all management. I know the players have got to do it on the pitch but Jose suffers from tunnel vision of the highest order.
Yes, the last 3 months under Poch was bad....but it wasnt this bad. At least we still tried to go out and win games and take the game to the opposition. And this is the same squad of players that were flying and top of the league at Christmas!
My view is that when things go well on the pitch and players buy into Jose's philosophy, all is well..(I hate his philosophy, but that's beside the point). But, when we concede, go 1 or 2 down, there's no plan B, the players have no instruction as to what to do and that was very evident against the chavs. When we went behind against Liverpool, Brighton and Chelsea, we STILL sat back and had little or no chances to get back in the game. The last 10 mins we start playing, attacking, passing it in the last third, and we make chances, but why leave it so late ? The players are demoralised. Just look at Sons face these days. He's basically an advanced defender now, as are all our attacking players.Even Hojbjerg looks fed up.
It's not all about trophies for me. I think more fondly of Danny Rose's goal, or Ginola's dribble against Charlton or Gazza's free kick than winning the league cup under GG in 99...but that's just me.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
..."And it left him with an ominous recent record of only three wins from the past 12 league games, the same sequence that saw his hugely popular predecessor Mauricio Pochettino sacked. While no-one is suggesting crisis point has been reached, these are troubled times for Mourinho."

I am suggesting that crisis point has been reached and I believe one or two others might agree with me.
The rest of the article and similar to the Guardian one posted above absolutely nails it. He has no excuse, like Mourinho said himself before the Marine FA Cup game, if we lose in this it's the players fault, if we lose in the Premier League it's my fault. End of......

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
Sums things up, I think. The best bit is his observation that we look like a "team bored with itself."

Agree with this guy's thinking & eloquent descriptions:

"zombified display"
"Chelsea in an unexpected philosophical conundrum"
"How do you kill that which never really was alive"
"battling with a baguette in one hand & an invisible ink map in the other"
"ossified thinking"
"neurotically defensive block"

And that of Dier as "waggling his legs in the air, like an upturned beetle awaking from uneasy dreams to find itself transformed into a Spurs center back"

Can't argue with the above.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Agree with this guy's thinking & eloquent descriptions:

"zombified display"
"Chelsea in an unexpected philosophical conundrum"
"How do you kill that which never really was alive"
"battling with a baguette in one hand & an invisible ink map in the other"
"ossified thinking"
"neurotically defensive block"

And that of Dier as "waggling his legs in the air, like an upturned beetle awaking from uneasy dreams to find itself transformed into a Spurs center back"

Can't argue with the above.
He's one of my favorite football writers, and his assessment is 100% spot on. Again, as the article point out, we're at the point where any stretch of attacking play only annoys me more, because it just points out how negative we set out to be

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

Player in Training.
He's one of my favorite football writers, and his assessment is 100% spot on. Again, as the article point out, we're at the point where any stretch of attacking play only annoys me more, because it just points out how negative we set out to be
I get why he is.

What I don't get is that we are able to get forward, be on the front foot & sustain a consistent attack but we only exhibit it for a short duration at the end of a match & only we if we are behind. It's baffling. Why don't we do it from the get go?
We're able to retain the ball & attack but we choose not to.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I get why he is.

What I don't get is that we are able to get forward, be on the front foot & sustain a consistent attack but we only exhibit it for a short duration at the end of a match & only we if we are behind. It's baffling. Why don't we do it from the get go?
We're able to retain the ball & attack but we choose not to.
Right, we both know why they're doing it, the question is what kind of manager wants to play that way.

Well, I guess we all know the answer to that, too. I saw this clip, among many others, on Twitter today:

A lot of people are saying that it's the players, that they aren't working hard enough, etc. When I see this clip, I see players that have been instructed to sit deep and then pick up pressure only in our own third. But even in that, there is no cohesiveness, and players don't seem to know what they're meant to do--they look hesitant and tentative. And that's just defensively, even when this group was sitting momentarily top of the table it was evident we didn't have much of a plan on the attack other than to wait on Son, Kane, and occasionally Ndombele to create something.

Maybe they've given up, but to me it looks like there's a lack of a system, which doesn't cut it anymore in the modern game.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Right, we both know why they're doing it, the question is what kind of manager wants to play that way.

Well, I guess we all know the answer to that, too. I saw this clip, among many others, on Twitter today:

A lot of people are saying that it's the players, that they aren't working hard enough, etc. When I see this clip, I see players that have been instructed to sit deep and then pick up pressure only in our own third. But even in that, there is no cohesiveness, and players don't seem to know what they're meant to do--they look hesitant and tentative. And that's just defensively, even when this group was sitting momentarily top of the table it was evident we didn't have much of a plan on the attack other than to wait on Son, Kane, and occasionally Ndombele to create something.

Maybe they've given up, but to me it looks like there's a lack of a system, which doesn't cut it anymore in the modern game.

That pretty much sums it up. Do not press. Do not win ball high. Yield possession, job back, feign defending until they reach our 18, then either a) foul them for the penalty; or b) slide off your man, point angrily at a teammate and watch them kick ball past Lloris. Oh, and if we do somehow win the ball then stop running and kick it as far as you can in any direction. Just don't dribble! Or pass. At least not to a Spurs player.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
When we beat Man U And Soton we put them under pressure and with Son and Kane on fire , we looked hot to really challenge But ( in no particular order) we concede late goals to Palace,LFC,Wolves Fulham and 3 to West Ham ,and throw away stupid points ,it’s because he feels rather than playing to our strengths , we sit back and invite pressure .
the only saving grace is I have saved a fortune Having to go and watch this .
it would be nigh on impossible to be selling tickets on , because a lot of STH have been lost to this virus ,1,000’s wouldn’t want to go because of worry of contracting it , and 10,000’s not wanting to go , because it’s crap

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
That pretty much sums it up. Do not press. Do not win ball high. Yield possession, job back, feign defending until they reach our 18, then either a) foul them for the penalty; or b) slide off your man, point angrily at a teammate and watch them kick ball past Lloris. Oh, and if we do somehow win the ball then stop running and kick it as far as you can in any direction. Just don't dribble! Or pass. At least not to a Spurs player.
You forgot invite minimum contact and throw yourself on the deck squealing like a struck pig!
I really, really hate that he has brought this to our club. Clever play yes, lying, cheating bastards no!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
When we beat Man U And Soton we put them under pressure and with Son and Kane on fire , we looked hot to really challenge But ( in no particular order) we concede late goals to Palace,LFC,Wolves Fulham and 3 to West Ham ,and throw away stupid points ,it’s because he feels rather than playing to our strengths , we sit back and invite pressure .
the only saving grace is I have saved a fortune Having to go and watch this .
it would be nigh on impossible to be selling tickets on , because a lot of STH have been lost to this virus ,1,000’s wouldn’t want to go because of worry of contracting it , and 10,000’s not wanting to go , because it’s crap
I haven’t activated my ST this year and no intention of doing so whilst we continue to play this crap football. Not interested in going to Wembley even.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Really good piece this, not much that we don’t know already but a good read nonetheless. Yes Mourinho’s a footballing dinosaur and the football’s as bad as I can ever remember but it shouldn’t deflect from the fact, that a large reason we’re in this situation is down to ENIC.

I’ve been banging the drum for about the last 18 months, about how i’d say at least 50% of our squad are barely top half pl standard.

Last edited:
Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Really good piece this, not much that we don’t know already but a good read nonetheless. Yes Mourinho’s a footballing dinosaur and the football’s as bad as I can ever remember but it shouldn’t deflect from the fact, that a large reason we’re in this situation is down to ENIC.
I’ve been banging the drum for about the last 18 months, about how i’d say at least 50% of our squad are barely top half pl standard.
Yeh the problem right now is Mourinho but after that? How many football clangers is Levy allowed? The common denominator in all of this is ENIC and Levy.
OUT!