By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Christian Eriksen (with an E!!)

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
All the best to the fella. Was exceptional for us up until around a year ago. We all struggle with form and motivation at times in our work, albeit not getting paid £100k a week but still, i’ll remember the good times with Cristian and it wasn’t like he actually refused to play or threw his toys out the pram, he remained relatively professional threw out and I certainly don’t begrudge him a change of scenery.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Good luck to you, Christian. Great, great player for this club. Gave us a dimension we had lacked. Wish things ended differently but no denying what he gave to this club. Was a huge part of our most successful run in decades. All the best to a good guy and a great player. Bit of advice though. Keep your missus away from those nice Italian fellas. Best.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Goodbye to one of my favorite Spurs players ever. Such a shame that I'm not sorry to see him go.
Yeah like modric and bale,spoilt their legacy in how they handled it too publically,though they played well until the end,not so much eriksen.
So many bleeding hearts bemoaning us losing him,like any ex who dumps you,i dont really wish him well.When you think we pushed out mackay,greaves,chivers,jennings,gazza for various reasons,now they were proper legends.Nearly won stuff doesnt quite get you there in my book,I dont expect to see him doing the legends circuit in 20 years time,its like he never was truly spurs even after so many years,van der vaart only had a couple of years and still calls us "my spurs".
Sad to say good as he was I am glad to see the back of him at last,this saga has hurt us and for that good riddance.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
"I couldn’t wait to join, it’s wonderful to be here and I’m happy to be a new Inter player. "

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
"I couldn’t wait to join, it’s wonderful to be here and I’m happy to be a new Inter player. "

Dont let the door hit your arse on the way out.
What else is he supposed to say to the new fans though? Sure his form has been off for a year, but he's delivered some great stuff for us over many years and won many games with late goals. They're just employees these days in a global behemoth business, he's done nothing really wrong apart from his heart not being in it for 9 months. He was however making lung busting runs into the box as recently as the Middlesboro' replay. Never a legend but he hasn't been a twat like Danny Rose is being either. I wish him well for the service given.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What else is he supposed to say to the new fans though? Sure his form has been off for a year, but he's delivered some great stuff for us over many years and won many games with late goals. They're just employees these days in a global behemoth business, he's done nothing really wrong apart from his heart not being in it for 9 months. He was however making lung busting runs into the box as recently as the Middlesboro' replay. Never a legend but he hasn't been a twat like Danny Rose is being either. I wish him well for the service given.
Perhaps he could have not done a Bale and thanked the club and support before he kissed the badge elsewhere.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I'm half and half on this....

We've backed him, so I'd like to think he'd have an affinity with us...

However he is an employee who's stock is now only going one way so for him he needs to take advantage to keep him earning a shit load of cash.

He was great, still could be but for a year he was utter garbage and it feels like he didnt have the balls to actually say its over and call it a day and move on at the top of his game...

Spoze this is due to Levy pricing him out of the market.

So in summary, Levy is a cunt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He never seemed like a 'proper' Spurs player to me. Of course he provided us some great moments, but I want a player who gives 100% every game and doesn't wimp out of tackles when they are needed. Think he would rather be playing in a side full of stars playing the beauttiful game without all the physical rough stuff. Bobby Soldado never reached the levels we thought he would, but he will always be a 'proper' Yid in my mind. I think it was @skiathospurs who said recently that we won't see streaky coming home for a half time chat and a warm welcome at the Lane. I wish him well but I'm glad he's gone, he has added a little bit more than fuck-all in the last year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
EPY4adNX4AAp36E

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Easily one of my favorite players of the last 20 years. He was almost always among the top in the league in terms of ground covered, assists, and when we were at our best, he was in the middle of everything. I get why people are upset at how things ended, but with the way the club and the media handle transfers, it's only going to be the players we don't rate that will leave on good terms with the fans anymore. Best of luck to him, I hope we don't miss him too much.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Laters CE23, fantastic player for 5 seasons then the missed tackles and shocking corners and free kicks. Enjoy the pasta but i am not sad to see you go

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Easily one of my favorite players of the last 20 years. He was almost always among the top in the league in terms of ground covered, assists, and when we were at our best, he was in the middle of everything. I get why people are upset at how things ended, but with the way the club and the media handle transfers, it's only going to be the players we don't rate that will leave on good terms with the fans anymore. Best of luck to him, I hope we don't miss him too much.
I think partially the club got too sentimental about a group of players,the time to move some on was 2 years ago,rose,eriksen,perhaps vertongen,however any manager doing so would have to trust buying like for like quality,and with the chairman you cant do that,so maybe we held on for too long.Personally if a player states publically he wont sign a new deal especially over a year before it expires,unless it is because they are retiring or within a year or two of doing so,its time to go.Fine to negotiate and tell the club in private you dont want to extend,but in the press,tell the world,your mind is made up and chances are your performance,commitment will drop.Its not the same even as bale or modric,berbatov saying I want a transfer,running down over 2 years makes you cancerous within the group,and we failed to address this,probably because of fear of not replacing with the same standard,or misguided belief we could swing them around.
The way the club treats loyalty is obvious,if we can push out greaves,mackay,perryman,jennings,chivers,gascoigne,poch,ardiles,perryman again,houghton,jol then we cant really expect blind loyalty in return.But having a longer term aim to leave,you`re gone already in your head and the body will follow.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Just for balance to my outlandish opinion,he has finally spoken to spurs fans,I am glad about that.Bit of a cold fish though isnt he.But my missus is a scandy so I get how they can be.

EPc8lYgWsAAmGVc

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Glad to see this, although as you say, it's not exactly written to convey red-hot (white-hot?) passion.

I always get a bit sniffy when fellow supporters slag a player for being honest and open about their ambitions, and non-servile in their statements about the club, but hey, we all react differently.

Can't see myself rooting for Inter with any enthusiasm (maybe a bit when they come up against Milan or Juve),but I do hope Christian finds a new level now that he's found a new league.

Favourite memory: more than a few later winners aside, that day in Swansea when end-of-the-world rain was pouring down and everyone feared they'd call it off. The ball wouldn't track and passes were going astray like mad. Eriksen backed off (infuriating in any other setting) and started lofting short passes rather than letting them run on the sodden floor. We come away with a win, and some quiet magic goes unremarked.

More interested in the rebuild now. No time to get nostalgic.

Happy trails, Christian

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Just for balance to my outlandish opinion,he has finally spoken to spurs fans,I am glad about that.Bit of a cold fish though isnt he.But my missus is a scandy so I get how they can be.

EPc8lYgWsAAmGVc
Clinically dispassionate and Scandinavian? When he was 100% ours he was most often brilliant and Made everything tick, not so much recently.

let’s let it go, not worth the microns.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Really good player who never really bled the colours. A bit of a paycheque footballer in my opinion.

Gave good service, did some really good things but not a legend.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Happy to see the guy move on. Ive no hatred towards him at all, he gave us some great moments through his spurs career. He doesn't leave as a great however. Someone earning that much money and with such a great job not putting in a shift for the better part of a year just isn't the type of person i appreciate in any aspect of life.

Funny how someone as good as Christian Eriksen can leave your club but I still miss Bobby Soldado and Lewis Holtby more.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Happy to see the guy move on. Ive no hatred towards him at all, he gave us some great moments through his spurs career. He doesn't leave as a great however. Someone earning that much money and with such a great job not putting in a shift for the better part of a year just isn't the type of person i appreciate in any aspect of life.

Funny how someone as good as Christian Eriksen can leave your club but I still miss Bobby Soldado and Lewis Holtby more.
Lewis Holtby? Are you sure?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Lewis Holtby? Are you sure?
Holtby was the lad we practically stole wernt he.....?

Some moody contract where we paid a pittance and then sold for a shit load. Cant remember the details exactly.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Holtby was the lad we practically stole wernt he.....?

Some moody contract where we paid a pittance and then sold for a shit load. Cant remember the details exactly.
He came from Germany, looked like he might turn into something, didn't, went to Fulham, looked a lot better (small pond) and eventually went back to Germany and now he owns a bar or something........end of!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He came from Germany, looked like he might turn into something, didn't, went to Fulham, looked a lot better (small pond) and eventually went back to Germany and now he owns a bar or something........end of!
he is playing for blackburn now.