By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Dele Alli

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
This kid has it all to be a proper spursy legend,skills,eclectic,heart,humour and produces.
Havent been this excited about a signing since Gazza,see why;

River

River

Administrator
Staff member
You know I think he could go along way, I just hope that the performances we've seen through the season isnt down to the amazing team spirit and banter between the lads, great teams grind out results even when it isnt their day and so far we've seen how well all the lads get on..................I wonder if the Internationals will have an effect on the boys over the summer :(

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
You know I think he could go along way, I just hope that the performances we've seen through the season isnt down to the amazing team spirit and banter between the lads, great teams grind out results even when it isnt their day and so far we've seen how well all the lads get on..................I wonder if the Internationals will have an effect on the boys over the summer :(
Nah he has that mental flair to do things others are afraid to try,that is his gift to us,as far as how england managed players and what they were trying to do,basketcase is probably best word for it.Hopefully no hodgson hangovers just delight at being back at a proper club in a proper team with their mates managed by a bloke they clearly admire,trust and would run through a wall for

besides he has come out and said this previously;
Tottenham midfielder Dele Alli has said that he would rather retire from football than play for north London rivals Arsenal.
The 20-year-old has made a huge impact in his debut Premier League campaign as Spurs have mounted an impressive title challenge.
He has established himself as a key figure within Mauricio Pochettino's team, contributing eight goals and 11 assists in 44 appearances in all competitions.
And The England international has revealed there is no love lost when it comes to his feelings towards Arsene Wenger's men.
When asked by Copa90 if he would do if he was given the choice of playing for Arsenal or ending his professional careeer, the former MK Dons could not have been more dismissive.

'I'm hanging my boots up,' he replied in response to the proposition of such a scenario, endearing himself ever more to the White Hart Lane faithful.

No one scores goals like the ones vs Everton and Palace at that age and is not something really special.If he is ever sold he will smash what we got for Bale IMO,but lets hope he is priced out of their range and his love affair with us lives for a decade.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Dele is a bit of an enigma in a Gazza stylie...clearly brilliant, but still needs an arm around his shoulder, especially because of his age and upbringing. Poch does this well and his relationship with Dier, who he calls his 'big brother' ...is also important.

We're very lucky to have him...down to Pleat I think. If we can keep him (and Dier) the potential is enormous, with those around them as well. I think Eriksen and Lamela will have good seasons next year, hope Dembele can keep last seasons form and the fullbacks have looked good at the Euro's. Can't wait for next season actually, there are so many twists and turns to look forward to, players and managers, could be very special.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
He needs to keep playing without fear.

The way shows no respect for anyone's reputation is what enders him the most to me.

He could shape up against Zidane and it'd be like facing mark Noble...

True confidence that I hope hasn't been knocked by the waste man Egland part timers he's had to endure fr the last 2 months.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Tottenham star Dele Alli has opted to change the name on the back of his Spurs shirt for the 2016/17 season, with the 20-year-old's jersey to now read 'Dele'.

Tottenham took to social media on Friday afternoon to confirm the squad numbers for each of their players, and revealed that while Alli had chosen to keep the shirt number 20, the England international preferred to have his shirt read "Dele" than "Alli" as per last year.

Explaining his decision, Alli said: "I wanted a name on my shirt that represented who I am and I feel I have no connection with the Alli surname.

"This is not a decision I have taken without a lot of thought and discussion with family close to me."

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Dele has offered to sign any shirts sent into the club that have been bought with 'Alli' on the back.....good idea, good lad.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Anyone help with the back story.....?

I know there is beef with his mum and family and that the shirt name thing is kinda a cathartic cleansing thing for him be dissasociate from them but what is the exact beef?

Reading between the lines she was an alchi who gave more fcuks and about Captain Morgan than him and he did everything on his own and basically owes fcuk all to anyone.

Obviously now he is doing well the estranged family are looking for the inevitable handouts and shit......

That's about what I know, so if anyone has anything more kosher feel free to share.

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Made an instant difference when he came on yesterday. His private life is his business, no one else's.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Made an instant difference when he came on yesterday. His private life is his business, no one else's.
But when he makes a public declaration by changing the name on his shirt surely were entitled to ask why?

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
But when he makes a public declaration by changing the name on his shirt surely were entitled to ask why?
Sorry, I should've read back further. I thought this was about him cheating on his girlfriend which was another story I heard about.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I just pray we arent back onto the juju nonsense.
I guess it could be he is either trying to deny his birth surname cos of family bollarks or "some PR arsewipe is looking to do "dele" trademark marketing for his career.
As you say its all a bit strange,guess the red tops would be allover it if there was a scandal to be outed though??

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I just pray we arent back onto the juju nonsense.
I guess it could be he is either trying to deny his birth surname cos of family bollarks or "some PR arsewipe is looking to do "dele" trademark marketing for his career.
As you say its all a bit strange,guess the red tops would be allover it if there was a scandal to be outed though??
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-how-a-tough-upbringing-inspired-the-rise-of/
Long story short, his dad left him at a very young age and his mother turned him over to another family at 13. So he understandably doesn't give much of a fuck about his surname. I honestly didn't know anything about this until reading the story.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football...-how-a-tough-upbringing-inspired-the-rise-of/
Long story short, his dad left him at a very young age and his mother turned him over to another family at 13. So he understandably doesn't give much of a fuck about his surname. I honestly didn't know anything about this until reading the story.
I knew about the foster stuff,just seems a bit strange that now he chooses to make a fuss about his surname?think "dele" is just angling for trademark,marketing earnings,not sure I believe its cos of family history purely??

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think another 'Alli' owns that particular moniker as the Greatest. all a bit of a storm in tea cup if you ask me.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I knew about the foster stuff,just seems a bit strange that now he chooses to make a fuss about his surname?think "dele" is just angling for trademark,marketing earnings,not sure I believe its cos of family history purely??
Tbh if he keeps playing like last season he could put "Dele, Inc." on the back of his shirt and I wouldn't care. Might not have been an option last year as it was his first with the team. He'll probably have "Dier" put on his shirt when those two get married anyway.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We're delighted to announce that @Dele_Alli has signed a new contract with the Club which will run until 2022.

CstGT2tXgAAYF9Q.jpg

Bloody good show THFC!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

We`ve got Alli,
Dele Alli
I just dont think you understand
5 more years of us drinking beers
singing we`ve got Dele Alli

BigDub

BigDub

Founding Member
After a bit of a slow start, he's quickly re-finding the form he had most of last season. Especially important with Harry still out. Scary to think that he's only going to get better...

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
After a bit of a slow start, he's quickly re-finding the form he had most of last season. Especially important with Harry still out. Scary to think that he's only going to get better...

I reckon he'll score 14+ goals this season mate. Really looks to get in the box at good times.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Good interview with Dele in this months forever sports mag, I can find a link to the interview online so might just take photo's of it later so you lot can have a read of it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
Its not me being moany but i dont think he has been that great this season. Maybe i just expect too much, i think he is trying to be too fancy too much

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Its not me being moany but i dont think he has been that great this season. Maybe i just expect too much, i think he is trying to be too fancy too much
His stats speak for themselves though don't they...and he's still only 20. We're very lucky to have him, congrats to David Pleat.

The thing that strikes me is that the common observation at the moment is that we're still not playing that well this season. It's weird and I've found myself getting frustrated with our play slowing down in front of the opppsition defence, some of Hugo's heart stopping play outs from the back, Dier's form etc. but actually we're doing better than last season.

This new Spurs means that we have inadvertently set the bar very high, very quickly, it's a great place to be and we deserve it, especially for how it's been achieved in contrast to others around us. But let's not crucify ourselves when an occasional bump in the road comes along...

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.
His stats speak for themselves though don't they...and he's still only 20. We're very lucky to have him, congrats to David Pleat.

The thing that strikes me is that the common observation at the moment is that we're still not playing that well this season. It's weird and I've found myself getting frustrated with our play slowing down in front of the opppsition defence, some of Hugo's heart stopping play outs from the back, Dier's form etc. but actually we're doing better than last season.

This new Spurs means that we have inadvertently set the bar very high, very quickly, it's a great place to be and we deserve it, especially for how it's been achieved in contrast to others around us. But let's not crucify ourselves when an occasional bump in the road comes along...

I think you are right, i wil say and defend it against anyone our back 5 player for position is the best in the league! There isnt anyone better than hugo kyle jan toby and danny! But we are not playing that well! Wanyama has been brilliant, and eriksen and kane have performed! I know i am such a fan but our icing on our cake will be lamela coming back! He adds a balance we miss