By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

ENIC Out

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Since 2001 when ENIC took over THFC the bastard goons have won:

7 FA Cups
5 Community Shields
2 Premier Leagues
16 Top 4 in PL

They have had 3 managers plus Ljungberg for 1 month. OK, their wheels have fallen off in the PL recently, but at least they had some wheels to fall off.

We have won:

1 League Cup
6 Top 4 in PL

We have had 9 managers and 4 caretaker managers.

Our wheels haven't fallen off because we haven't invented the fuckers yet, we are still in the Stone Aage.

It ain't fucking working I would say, toddle off ENIC and take Jose with you eh?

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
what Would be the preference? American owners or oil rich Arabs? Money wins cups and titles....

yes, there are some exceptions like Leicester and a few cup winners, but we need to move fast as big money buyers are out there and 2 more teams being bought would make it even harder for us and the rest.

would it be like selling the soul of the club or would that be forgotten once the titles came? would there be a larger debt risk? Do we care as long as we are winning?

i don’t really know how I feel, but concerned we may be left behind in the next few years unles ENIC go all in

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
what Would be the preference? American owners or oil rich Arabs? Money wins cups and titles....

yes, there are some exceptions like Leicester and a few cup winners, but we need to move fast as big money buyers are out there and 2 more teams being bought would make it even harder for us and the rest.

would it be like selling the soul of the club or would that be forgotten once the titles came? would there be a larger debt risk? Do we care as long as we are winning?

i don’t really know how I feel, but concerned we may be left behind in the next few years unles ENIC go all in
I kind of agree.... but Enic will never stump up. They are already making crazy cash but their plan of selling a billion quid business was fucked up the arse by some bacteria from China.

I cant see them spending money or selling up until the markets recover enough for them to make their billion quid dream come true.

As for who takes over, on the one hand I simply want it all. I want rhe new Messi until were done with him and then I want the next Ronaldo etc etc.... i want to be thrashing teams in double digits with such style were talked about as the greatest side ever...

On the other, I'm not entirely comfortable with any money dripping with blood... not that that leaves a huge pool of suitors with a spare billion quid sloshing around.

If I had my wish I think I'd go for a Bessos or Zuckerberg arrangement... huge tech companies while, who's ways of operating are not squeaky clean they haven't exploited the poorest and most vulnerable in society and pillaged the planets natural resources... overtly.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

'Money wins cups and titles'? That doesn't seem to be true, we have spent more than Liverpool over the past 5 seasons, so did two of this season's relegated clubs, in fact only 5 clubs spent less than the Dippers.

Nett Spend Last 5 Seasons

1596522226232.png

I think that money well spent, at the right time by a manager or football expert - not a chairman, who only sees investments and deals - and allowing managers to mange the team wins cups and titles. ENIC OUT.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
'Money wins cups and titles'? That doesn't seem to be true, we have spent more than Liverpool over the past 5 seasons, so did two of this season's relegated clubs, in fact only 5 clubs spent less than the Dippers.

Nett Spend Last 5 Seasons

View attachment 1284

I think that money well spent, at the right time by a manager or football expert - not a chairman, who only sees investments and deals - and allowing managers to mange the team wins cups and titles. ENIC OUT.
I forget the year but Poch once said, that he should have his title changed, since he wasn't in control of the playing staff and thus couldn't be the manager.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
I forget the year but Poch once said, that he should have his title changed, since he wasn't in control of the playing staff and thus couldn't be the manager.

“Last season I was head coach, now I’m manager,” he said. “The title, only the club nominates me but in the end it’s the same job.
“When I was head coach I was involved in all aspects of the club and now it’s still the same - only that they want to nominate me manager. I’m happy but it doesn’t change my position in the club.
“I think we are agreed that it would be good, for myself, for the club, for all. It’s true that ‘manager’ is a word that means different things than head coach. Maybe I was always manager, from the first day I arrived here, and maybe it describes my job better.
“I think you know the head coach only manages the team, and only you are the coach - but when you are the head coach you care for different things, not only the team.
“I think from the first day I always felt I was manager. Now we’ve changed the word but my work continues to be the same.”
Asked if Pochettino is now more involved in transfers, he said: “No, we continue the same. We share the decisions, that’s why we have different departments and always at the end we have [chairman] Daniel Levy to decide the things that will happen here.”

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
In retrospect that was one hell of a red flag.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Its all stupid because we have a manager in waiting,why we are paying Jose 15m a year when danny is already doing it for just 6m.
... aren't we paying Mr Poch as well until he finds a new job? Fer feck's fecking sake, with 3 managers we shoulda won everything!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fucking greedy cunts.Why not just call it fifty quid,I thought with airlines this was made illegal,its not like there is an option how you could get a membership and not pay Danny`s £1.50 snide fee.
Capturetight.PNG

£50 for loyalty points that arent worth a wank unless we play a cup final in the maracana stadium with 150k attendance,or £50 to be on a waiting list to pay a £200 deposit to maybe be put in a lottery for tickets and then a £800 balance if that happens.Fifty pounds to watch 2 pre-season friendlies,as yet unnamed and scheduled,fifty quid to get a voucher and % discount to spend even more money with the money grabbing wanker in his club supermarket.Nothing about losing a quarter of last years membership,or a reduction in these "harsh times",I can afford it,I can afford a season ticket and not even turn up,but my dignity cant afford to be bent over like marcellus wallace any longer.

Levy,I see you,you see me........

but you wont see another pound of my money,TTID. not another penny til enic are gone.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Fucking greedy cunts.Why not just call it fifty quid,I thought with airlines this was made illegal,its not like there is an option how you could get a membership and not pay Danny`s £1.50 snide fee.
View attachment 1286

£50 for loyalty points that arent worth a wank unless we play a cup final in the maracana stadium with 150k attendance,or £50 to be on a waiting list to pay a £200 deposit to maybe be put in a lottery for tickets and then a £800 balance if that happens.Fifty pounds to watch 2 pre-season friendlies,as yet unnamed and scheduled,fifty quid to get a voucher and % discount to spend even more money with the money grabbing wanker in his club supermarket.Nothing about losing a quarter of last years membership,or a reduction in these "harsh times",I can afford it,I can afford a season ticket and not even turn up,but my dignity cant afford to be bent over like marcellus wallace any longer.

Levy,I see you,you see me........

but you wont see another pound of my money,TTID. not another penny til enic are gone.
Brilliant post!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So it begins!!

EfUJzAHWsAAO49K

EfUIyv9WoAEcNd3

Thanks for the offer danny,but pretty sure I will watch it online for nothing.

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Can someone please let Mr. Lewis know that there's no more FFP so he can dig deep into that front pocket and pull out around 80 mil to freshen the place up a bit?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ten fucking Little Ingerlund peso-pounds to watch a pre-season friendly on fucking telly? That is mob level extortion. Ten quid a match for a stadium ticket would be just about OK..

Oh, you can save 15 quid if you give him your wedge early. Yeah right, just like the 10% off the thieving cunt offers for his one for the price of two shirts. Act like a sucker and he will treat you like one, squeezing every penny that he can out of your pocket. Ker-fucking-ching.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ten fucking Little Ingerlund peso-pounds to watch a pre-season friendly on fucking telly? That is mob level extortion. Ten quid a match for a stadium ticket would be just about OK..

Oh, you can save 15 quid if you give him your wedge early. Yeah right, just like the 10% off the thieving cunt offers for his one for the price of two shirts. Act like a sucker and he will treat you like one, squeezing every penny that he can out of your pocket. Ker-fucking-ching.
I love how they misleadingly quote buy a membership and save £20 on watching,when infact its going to be £15,also southampton charged our fans £10 for away tickets in the cup.
I cant say I am not bothered about my little boycott,nearly 50 years going but the sheer greed in football and my club doesnt sit well with me.If he had charged £30 for membership which even that would be nonsense with no ticketing priviledges this season,for 80,000 members that loss of revenue wouldnt even be half of dannys annual wage.The lack of investment in the team,when we can announce a new development in the paxton road area,FFS are we a football club or a property investment company?.I think we all know the answer.

The ridiculous £1.50 booking fee,the £10 a game for friendlies,the not even mentioning members who lost 26% of any ticketing advantages promised when sold,let alone a refund,or a reduction this year,.What a small minded greedy little club we are under ENIC.
New stadium genius I hear some shout,how about nearly £800m in debt,but we got a slidey pitch,a "lodge",huge nfl dressing rooms,a massive basement,and coming soon hotels,rock climbing wall,a walk around the roof tour...none of which will help the club do what it was formed for,playing and winning football matches.
English National Investment Company,no wonder they try and hide it in a acronym.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
#footballfirst

Not to be confused with wankers like #england/Britain first obviously...

Maybe #footballfirst_enic ah don't know but you get the point!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So in the interests of balance,Levy delivered a cracking stadium,
but here is the cost for this generation of spurs fans.
All figures taken from Swiss Ramble

Spurs splendid new stadium has a 62,000 capacity, though there were lengthy delays and the total cost was over £1 bln, including nearly £500m spent in 2018/19 alone.

@SwissRamble

2 Apr

#THFC have been profitable for the last 7 seasons, making an impressive £412m in that period, averaging £59m a year. They made £226m profits in the last two years alone,

So in 7 years we banked £412m,Same time we have borrowed an additional £657m
2019 2018
spurs debt.PNG
Interest on this is just over £25m P.A

and this April we borrowed an additional £175m from the BOE to cover operational revenue/losses due to corona virus (reportedly)

That means we now owe £825m-ish,and that is after earning £412m from the football side of the business.Anyone care to tell me how levy&enic gave us this new stadium?how they funded even in part this build?OFC the training center,lodge,supermarket,college is all in there somewhere too,some of it paid for before the 7 years I have gone back (paid for by revenue generated by THFC,(not investment from enic).

So for the foreseeable future will be paying over £30m in interest a year,if we paid off 10% of debt a year over 10 years (unrealistic),thats another £82.5m a year making over £110m a year outgoing,that cant be invested in the team (or more likely an NFL franchise).
For balance again,we can hold gigs,nfl,rugby if things open up again,but dont tell me that profit will come close to £110m .Reality is it will take way more than a decade to dig our way out of this financial funk

I dont claim to be a financial guru,so anyone else care to pick the bones out of this please do.Maybe Levy really does need my fifty quid after all,but fuck him and his vanity project.It doesnt look rosey does it.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
So in the interests of balance,Levy delivered a cracking stadium,
but here is the cost for this generation of spurs fans.
All figures taken from Swiss Ramble

Spurs splendid new stadium has a 62,000 capacity, though there were lengthy delays and the total cost was over £1 bln, including nearly £500m spent in 2018/19 alone.

@SwissRamble
2 Apr

#THFC have been profitable for the last 7 seasons, making an impressive £412m in that period, averaging £59m a year. They made £226m profits in the last two years alone,

So in 7 years we banked £412m,Same time we have borrowed an additional £657m
2019 2018
View attachment 1288Interest on this is just over £25m P.A

and this April we borrowed an additional £175m from the BOE to cover operational revenue/losses due to corona virus (reportedly)

That means we now owe £825m-ish,and that is after earning £412m from the football side of the business.Anyone care to tell me how levy&enic gave us this new stadium?how they funded even in part this build?OFC the training center,lodge,supermarket,college is all in there somewhere too,some of it paid for before the 7 years I have gone back (paid for by revenue generated by THFC,(not investment from enic).

So for the foreseeable future will be paying over £30m in interest a year,if we paid off 10% of debt a year over 10 years (unrealistic),thats another £82.5m a year making over £110m a year outgoing,that cant be invested in the team (or more likely an NFL franchise).
For balance again,we can hold gigs,nfl,rugby if things open up again,but dont tell me that profit will come close to £110m .Reality is it will take way more than a decade to dig our way out of this financial funk

I dont claim to be a financial guru,so anyone else care to pick the bones out of this please do.Maybe Levy really does need my fifty quid after all,but fuck him and his vanity project.It doesnt look rosey does it.
Post COVID it looks very rosy for a potential sale to a new wealthy investor and Spurs become the latest example of a football club selling its soul.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Post COVID it looks very rosy for a potential sale to a new wealthy investor and Spurs become the latest example of a football club selling its soul.
With that level of debt,the only buyer would be a sugar daddy willing to pay the debt and enic their "ROI" and then invest in the teams. Because I cant see enic not wanting to make a huge sum of money from owning spurs for 20 years and using the money generated to buy and build all the stuff previously listed.What say you how much will they want?over a billion,more likely towards 2 billion.Not a bad little earner on £21m paid to sugar 20 years ago,and dannys wages taken out of the club during that period including £7m last year for over spending on a late stadium,I defy anyone on the planet to show any quoted cost of the build that was above £500m,pretty damn sure no one thought we`d spend north of a billion.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Various sources (in italics)

Spurs borrowed £637m from Goldman Sachs, Bank of America Merrill Lynch and HSBC for the £1bn project and the money was due to be repaid by April 2022. But through US investors Levy has converted roughly £525m of the debt into a bond scheme, with staggered maturities of between 15 and 30 years.

Spurs have admitted that they estimate losing £200m in the current financial year, which is why they have needed to take a £175m loan from the Bank of England.

Tottenham also have the second highest net debt in the Premier League with £534million loaned to help fund their stadium construction.

Most of the figures here seem to be from the 2018 accounts,and i dont really agree with the amounts quoted especially as spurs themselves announced the refinancing of the debt and amount very cleary (doesnt include the recent 175m loaned)

https://offthepitch.com/a/spurs-closing-manchester-uniteds-record-debt-levels

dont like using this rag for info,but there you go!

Believe the figures and views reported or not,the premise that we invested so heavily,borrowed so much is tied to a massive rise in match day revenue to meet repayments strategy has to be true or else Levy is a maniac.Where this will leave us if 20/21 is still hugely covid affected is up for debate.But I suspect Levy wont be wearing white strides for a while,it cant be me only raising an eyebrow at our position?this is almost the same scenario as the west stand 1980 development,a first big corporate led stand with lower numbers/higher end clientel and boxes the whole length.Game changer it certainly was when 10 years later we faced bankrupcy.

People thinking we will challenge with higher wages,transfer fees in the next 20 years need to give their heads a wobble and smell the coffee.In this era our net spend will not change much from the previous model of the last 10 years IMO

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I saw figures that for the last 10 years Levy has trousered £31m in wages,not your usual daily mail/sun rubbish,that reliable intelligent swiss ramble fella.
Just to remind,enic paid sugar £21m for the club.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I saw figures that for the last 10 years Levy has trousered £31m in wages,not your usual daily mail/sun rubbish,that reliable intelligent swiss ramble fella.
Just to remind,enic paid sugar £21m for the club.
I'm sure he'll be able to muddle through this Covid thing on furlough......

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I'm sure he'll be able to muddle through this Covid thing on furlough......
People were saying Levy came through so nice on amazon,well one episode in ,he still looks like a smarmy money grabbing not to be trusted spiv..Richest milkman in the west..Levy

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
STOP BUYING SHITTY DEAD WOOD PLAYERS AND YOU WONT FUCKING HAVE TO DO THE SAME BORING UNISPIRING MERRY GO ROUND OF HORSE SHIT EVERY TRANSFER FUCKING WINDOW.

I SEE YOU LEVY YOU RICH BALD KNOWS NOTHING ABOUT FOOTBALL CUNT....!!!

Feel free to quote me on this.