By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Films and TV series

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We really need a thread for recommendations on the good shit to watch,so here it is.

To kick off which film can you watch several times, over and over?

A film I love to watch is "kingdom of heaven" fucking epic,good cast and OFC a ridley scott classic imo.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I've been watching 'Hell On Wheels' on Amazon Prime, it's pretty good, loads of violence but like all these series there are way too many episodes, talk about make a short story long, I will need a break soon, I gave up on Vikings because it went on and on and on and on....

I have been watching Halt and Catch Fire - another 3 season show where the story could have been dealt with in a single show. I will keep watching it because it is about the time I used to be alive when the geeks were creating your world.

I prefer quality to quantity but it seems the pikeys on the other side of the water are the same as the pikeys here, they want massive great fucking portions of everything. Fucking great 1kg bars of shit chocolate, gallon bottles of coke, Gregs pies* and 8,000 episodes of a TV series.

* Gregs make some good pies, but the fat, obese, lardy, poker pikeys eating 27 of them every day is a bad thing.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Black sails I keep banging on about,very good,and The night of also very good.
Looking forward to paranoid on itv starting soon.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Watched narcos series two epic ,I'll also throw in the night of.. Quality series great acting . Film wise a lot has been complete gash latily

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Watched narcos series two epic ,I'll also throw in the night of.. Quality series great acting . Film wise a lot has been complete gash latily
Thought it was excellent,didnt know it was based on a BBC series,the cinematography was superb as was the acting.
Billions was also pretty good,with damian lewis and Paul Giamatti.
Film wise been a pretty meh year IMO.

Last edited:
Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Thought it was excellent,didnt know it was based on a BBC series,the cinematography was superb as was the acting.
Billions was also pretty good,with damian lewis and Paul Giamatti.
Film wise been a pretty meh year IMO.
Either did I might dig it up

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
There is going to be a fucking eruption. The fucking feds thought the anti-gulf war protests, the miners strike and the poll tax riots were bad - you just wait you fed bastards until you try and move the Great British Bake Off to Channel 4, you will take our baguettes and bagels from our cold dead hands. This WILL bring down the government, then maybe we can turn round to those fucking retards who voted for the disintegration of Europe , a decade or two of recession, poverty and civil unrest followed by World War III and say fuck your vote get up against the wall - ready, aim, fire.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Supernatural for me, moving into season 13 in Oct. as good as a entertaining show could be.

Scary, funny, action, myth and legends...perfect

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Supernatural for me, moving into season 13 in Oct. as good as a entertaining show could be.

Scary, funny, action, myth and legends...perfect
@Thfcshady27 raves about that show loved it from the beginning must watch it

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
@Thfcshady27 raves about that show loved it from the beginning must watch it

Supernatural is brilliant. Stick with it beyond season 1 though as it doesn't scratch the surface of what the program turns in to. It's an incredibly clever program once it delves deeper..

Currently watching Lucifer myself. Really enjoying it so far. The guy that plays Lucifer is really good.

Also Ray Donovan. Unreal!

Finally on the movie front. Just finished 'Hands of stone' about Ray Arcel and Roberto Duran. Great watch. Bit different than alot of boxing films as Duran wasn't that likeable a guy for alot of years unless you were from Panama.

Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Finally got to watch The Killing series 1 & 2. Not quite as good as I thought it would be (the greatest thing ever),a kind of Danish Prime Suspect, but still very good nonetheless.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
TV is officially shit now the GBBO has finished and will never be the same now it is going to Channel 4 - how the fuck do they think they can have the Great Fucking British Fucking Bake Off without her majesty queen Mary Berry? It's not fucking possible.

Enoch Powell warned about rivers of blood, well watch out you fucking nazi closet Brexiteer Theresa fucking May the British public have had enough, the civil war is coming ( it's already here, I am fighting it already, not with guns but in other ways, more psychological and subtle ways, but you can believe me when I tell you I am fighting the cunts and will till the last bit of breath leaves my body ) - the sell out of the Bakeoff may well be the spark that lights the flames and we see a proper fucking war, it's about time!

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Black mirror series 3 isn't up to the previous 2 so far (although episode 3 is a cracker )

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Blacklist stated again last night !!
Anyone watch the new walking dead,funk me what an episode.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
Blacklist stated again last night !!
Anyone watch the new walking dead,funk me what an episode.
Second episode was abit of a filler think we will get a few this series.we all know it will be a cliffhanger till Feb then a big showdown

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Second episode was abit of a filler think we will get a few this series.we all know it will be a cliffhanger till Feb then a big showdown
cant wait,ricks revenge will be gruesome when we get there.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Favourite film as per OP...'Silence of the Lambs'. Clever, chilling, brilliant story, superbly acted.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Anyone need to catch up on tv series if you dont have kodi or a fav site,i use this often
http://the-watch-series.to/

It has that planet earth II series 2 on it for those without access to BBC,them racer snakes vs iguana minutes are pure gold.

Last edited:
conor1

conor1

Founding Member
Don't watch a great load of tv but the wife put me the way of House of Cards and Homeland recently. Very good.
Spacey and Wright are brilliant in cards and that fella with the beard who plays the CIA chief in Homelands is excellent.
Filmwise, haven't seen a good new movie in years. Always find myself going back to Shawshank or anything with Anthony Hopkins in it.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Don't watch a great load of tv but the wife put me the way of House of Cards and Homeland recently. Very good.
Spacey and Wright are brilliant in cards and that fella with the beard who plays the CIA chief in Homelands is excellent.
Filmwise, haven't seen a good new movie in years. Always find myself going back to Shawshank or anything with Anthony Hopkins in it.
have you watched "the following" very good sounds like your taste from those you mentioned.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
have you watched "the following" very good sounds like your taste from those you mentioned.
I'll have a look for it mate. Had a go at the line of duty or line of fire whatever it was but couldn't get into it.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I'll have a look for it mate. Had a go at the line of duty or line of fire whatever it was but couldn't get into it.
Line of duty is fucking brilliant and it brings nordie stuff into series 2-3 really good up there with Luther Sherlock for homegrown stuff,the one that surprised me most was happy valley thought it was light easy going stuff heartbeat etc ..it's not it's brilliant

LakewoodSpur

LakewoodSpur

Founding Member
Toss up between Space Balls and Galaxy Quest...both brilliantly done: "when will then be now? Soon!" and "never give up; never surrender."

Flump

Flump

Founding Member
Just finished the second series of Fargo. Both series were decent although my preference was the first one.

boo

boo

Founding Member
the bint came home with a box set of something called "desperate housewives". i though 'typical bird's tv' but, as the bint watches every spurs game i thought i owe her.

it turns out that it isn't as bad as i thought it would be. some pretty special levels of bitchiness though lol!

51OX-la6a%2BL.jpg