By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Giovani Lo Celso

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Say it ain't so, oh oh
Gio-vani lo Celso
🤔

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Left footed Argentinian midfield player.....Lamela watch out, this boy comes with a right foot as well!!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Was thinking that myself, but I didn't want to be so bold

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Mourinho on whether Spurs will sign Lo Celso permanently
“I imagine yes, I think it is something that comes from the summer. There are some loans that they have the opportunity to be in control of the situation like is happening with Gedson.

“There are some emergency loans and there are other loans where the objective is to be in control of the future of the player without any need of further negotiations. I think Giovani is going to stay with us.”

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Mourinho on how Lo Celso has reacted to his first full 90 minutes in a while
“Yeah, he was [tired], 90 minutes incredible work. Raising his levels in terms of intensity of the game and work with and without the ball. Incredible. Amazing kid. Quiet. Waiting for his opportunities. Opportunities are coming step by step. I am very, very happy with him.

“But yesterday he was tired and that is normal, but I cannot give him a rest. He has to be ready for tomorrow. In this moment to make selection for the squad for every match has been very easy because we have these numbers available.”

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Done,done on to the next one,
done,i`m done and I`m on to the next.....

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Wake me up before you Go Go
Who needs Eriksen when you've got Lo Celso

£27.2m apparently keeerchinggg

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think this lad could be "the next streaky". Big boots to fill in his prime.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I think this lad could be "the next streaky". Big boots to fill in his prime.
Big boots maybe but he will never fit in Streaky's tiny underpants, he has got a pair,

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ain't he an Argie? Bang up for it them fuckers...!
Maybe a tad to much? He needs to watch out, he could have got two red cards at the weekend, he definitely should have got one. I like the aggression but we can't afford to lose him as well, if he gets a ban then that wossiname manager bloke will be asking Spurs fans to bring their boots.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Maybe a tad to much? He needs to watch out, he could have got two red cards at the weekend, he definitely should have got one. I like the aggression but we can't afford to lose him as well, if he gets a ban then that wossiname manager bloke will be asking Spurs fans to bring their boots.
I think he is frustrated already... it's clear he can play and has been sidelined first by Poch and initially by 'our cunt'.

Any when he does start to acclimatise and start pulling out performances the rest of the side and the managers tactics fall to utter rat shit.

For me its that same as Lamella and Dele.... take that bit out of them and they become less than half the player they currently are... yeah he over stepped the mark, but hopefully he will realise and reign it in accordingly.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I may be way off with this but my initial impression was that GLC was trying to put his foot on the ball & draw it back but Cesar slid in too quickly.

I'd have to see it again.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
Although there's no doubt it should have been a red card, I think it was an accident - GLC was trying to impose his position before Azpilicueta got there. If you watch Pogba he does it all the time. Unfortunately Azpi's leg got under there first, so it ended up really nasty.

You're right about Dele and Lamela, now they are good boys they aren't nearly as good players. My theory for Dele is that some Bardsley-like character had a quiet word in his ear, and now he's living in dread fear of having his legs broken.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I may be way off with this but my initial impression was that GLC was trying to put his foot on the ball & draw it back but Cesar slid in too quickly.

I'd have to see it again.
That was the commentator (Hoddle) and expert ref (Peter Walton) and VAR (??) view of the incident initially as well. before they (VAR) changed their mind. In which case it simply means that in subjective cases VAR is totally useless, because you're replacing one subjective view with another. Waste of fucking time, why not have a panel reviewing whole games after a weekend is over - correcting scores, points and sending people off etc. (Like Liverpool's throw in against us that wasn't and so on). It's playstation football, Total Bollocks.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Taking his dogs for a walk

EncTMnCXEAQd7VJ

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Bit of a necro-bump but this makes for some interesting reading. Basically, whereas the fans almost universally want to get rid of Winks, the stats show that Lo Celso is barely doing any better and is almost on a par with passing the ball backwards.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I agree with you both but it's interesting that he seems to get a pass from the fans over Winks.

And we're supposed to have passed on Bruno Fernandes for Lo Celso as well.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I agree with you both but it's interesting that he seems to get a pass from the fans over Winks.

And we're supposed to have passed on Bruno Fernandes for Lo Celso as well.
I wouldn't believe that, think it's probably a money/Levy thing, same goes for the City centre back that was 'ours' then wasn't and we got Rodon....

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I wouldn't believe that, think it's probably a money/Levy thing, same goes for the City centre back that was 'ours' then wasn't and we got Rodon....
Yeah, I probably got that wrong really.

I don't think we did "pass" on Fernandes. I think it was indeed more down to Mr Moneybags continually lowballing Sporting until they told him to fuck off.