By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Holy fuck batman its no way Jose.....

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Warning poetry ahead, leave now if you hate that shit.

It's all wishful thinking innit? Levy will not be ditching Mooreeneeyo this season, so like Brexit, piles, leeks, wasps and Lawro we'll need the 'serenity to accept the things we can't change' - fuck that! Let's be 'Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight, blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay, rage, rage against the dying of the light'. Ok, I don't think the gay bit is compulsory, you can rage as much as you like without playing for the opposition, and hopefully not too near death, apart from that let's rage!

That is truly a terrible effort.😂

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
What does Jose need to win for us to accept his playing style?

He could go undefeated and win every trophy available for the next 5 years and I’d still invite him to go and fuck himself.

As @Dorset and others have repeatedly said, if it’s not fun to watch then who gives a fuck what we win?

This ain’t the Tottenham I signed up to as a kid 40 years ago. It is quite possible to win and play attractive football. Teams have been doing it for 150 years.

Mourinho is everything that is wrong with football, regardless of his trophy cabinet.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
It seems a bit churlish to harp on about Mourinho, especially after he's got us to a Wembley final, so respect for the football we played last night, it was much better and reminiscent of the Leeds and stoke games recently and much more to the spurs culture.

But as for the bloke himself - he said he wasn't happy after the match because we didn't push forward enough and sometimes the first ball was backwards, we were too defensive. I'm paraphrasing but you get the point......this is the same muppet that played exactly that way from half time against the scum to the start of the Stoke game, costing a shed load of points and most of the fans ire in the process. Why does he have this personality trait, that he constantly needs the spotlight, why not say that brentford were a very good side, but we worked very hard and played better to win an important game? i'll lay off him now, because he has over the past few weeks revealed his true hand and he hasn't changed one bit from Mourinho of old. We're also playing better football at least since Wolves, which was disgraceful. Let's keep this up, score a few goals and get us all sitting on the edge of our sofa's again shall we....if he regresses....

Then I will strike down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger at those who attempt to poison and destroy my club. And you will know my name is Don Diaz when I lay my vengeance upon Mourinho (with thanks to Sam L Jackson in Pulp fiction)

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It seems a bit churlish to harp on about Mourinho, especially after he's got us to a Wembley final, so respect for the football we played last night, it was much better and reminiscent of the Leeds and stoke games recently and much more to the spurs culture.

But as for the bloke himself - he said he wasn't happy after the match because we didn't push forward enough and sometimes the first ball was backwards, we were too defensive. I'm paraphrasing but you get the point......this is the same muppet that played exactly that way from half time against the scum to the start of the Stoke game, costing a shed load of points and most of the fans ire in the process. Why does he have this personality trait, that he constantly needs the spotlight, why not say that brentford were a very good side, but we worked very hard and played better to win an important game? i'll lay off him now, because he has over the past few weeks revealed his true hand and he hasn't changed one bit from Mourinho of old. We're also playing better football at least since Wolves, which was disgraceful. Let's keep this up, score a few goals and get us all sitting on the edge of our sofa's again shall we....if he regresses....

Then I will strike down upon him with great vengeance and furious anger at those who attempt to poison and destroy my club. And you will know my name is Don Diaz when I lay my vengeance upon Mourinho (with thanks to Sam L Jackson in Pulp fiction)
Another Pulp Fiction quote written especially for Moronio -
Marsellus Wallace:
You see, this profession is filled to the brim with unrealistic motherfuckers. Motherfuckers who thought their ass would age like wine. If you mean it turns to vinegar, it does. If you mean it gets better with age, it don't.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
It seems there are still some people suffering from cognitive dissonance in the Spurs supporting world. Some of them are saying that Jose is a winner, he is a proven winner and that's why we should put up with him. Jimmy Greaves is a proven goal scorer but he never gets picked these days, why? It's fucking obvious, Jimmy is very old, Jose's tactics are very old, they worked in the olden days but they do not now, everybody and his mate knows how to thwart his mallarky.

What about the cups they say. Yeah, right who did we beat on our current magnificent cup run? There was only one half-decent side in the list and it wasn't the chavs - OK it might have been:

Locomotiv Plodiv
Schkenjia
Nobody (Bye) - just scraped through there.
Chelsea
Macabi Haifa
LASK
Ludogrets
Antwerp
Stoke City
Brentford
Wycombe Wandrerers

There aren't many Premiership teams who would not have got through playing those sides.

Just like the medical community stopped using mercury to treat syphillis, we should stop using Mourinho.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

It has been a challenging few weeks for Jose Mourinho.

Saturday’s 3-0 defeat at Manchester City means Tottenham have now lost four of their last five Premier League matches — as many defeats as in their previous 28 top-flight games. Spurs were also knocked out of the FA Cup by Everton last week, although they are into the Europa League knockout phase and will contest the Carabao Cup final in April.

The recent poor run of form has seen some supporters question Mourinho’s future in north London but there is no suggestion the club are considering replacing him. Furthermore, The Athletic understands the contract he signed in November 2019 does not include a break clause.

Mourinho replaced Mauricio Pochettino midway through last season on a deal keeping him at Spurs until the summer of 2023, with no exit option for either side. It means that if Tottenham felt a change in direction was needed, the Portuguese — who is among the highest-earning managers in world football — would be entitled to a significant payout.

But there is currently no indication of that happening and the absence of a mechanism in Mourinho’s terms to part ways early suggests he and Spurs view this as a long-term relationship. Tottenham have also backed the 58-year-old in the transfer market.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
More & more media outlets are stating the same: Nagelsmann is to be our next manager but Levy waiting until summer. To sum up, Nagelsmann wants to come to the PL but not mid season as his current club is competing well. Furthermore, Levy wants to give Jose a chance at some silverware: Carabao & Europa.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
More & more media outlets are stating the same: Nagelsmann is to be our next manager but Levy waiting until summer. To sum up, Nagelsmann wants to come to the PL but not mid season as his current club is competing well. Furthermore, Levy wants to give Jose a chance at some silverware: Carabao & Europa.

Please be fucking true.

I can’t take this shit anymore.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Please be fucking true.

I can’t take this shit anymore.
Could be a new dawn with some promise. But do you get your hopes up?

Correct me if I'm wrong as I did not see the Wham game but it seems that Jose has been releasing the shackles somewhat these last few games & letting the boys play. Seems he's finally adapting a little as it hasn't been working otherwise. FWIW, if we are to lose, I'd rather go out swinging like in the Everton game than whimpering inside our own 18 against all other opposition for 90+ mins.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You know what happens next if we're seriously interested in Nagelsmann from Leipzig and signing Sabitzer? Levy will say they're both too expensive and we'll get Eddie Howe and Trossard.

Same as we miss out on all our primary targets - what a difference Bruno Fernandes would have made and we got Gedson, or Reuben Dias as Centre back and we got Rodon.

Thinks won't materially change until we start investing properly in the team rather than property in N17 and with Covid and our debt that might be a while yet. we're already becoming the Scum mark 2.....

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Moron-io say's he's not the manager he was... Yep, he was a total cunt, now he's an older total cunt.

The agenda is all about him...... who knew?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
You see, I can understand it, if it was done right...

The absolute best managers have always done it and it's right out the Fergie playbook. He was arguably the best at it...

What Fergie did if his team had the odd off day or if someone had an absolute mare was to deflect the attention onto himself. He would criticise the players to their faces and in the dressing room (hairdryer gate) but never did it in public and never alowed anyone else, especially the media to do it.

Mourinhios approach is utterly flawed because he always kicks off with finding a scapegoat for the inherent issues so that it always starts off as not his fault... he then dismantles the structure and makes it fit the only philosophy he knows.

When this doesn't work, he keeps throwing players who are trying to adapt to his prehistoric system under the bus labeling them, "not good enough", because they are not from the 90's...!!!

He will deflect attention from the team and place it onto spurious factors, officials or individual players and errors... never himself...!!!

Basically he is a self-absorbed cunt and does not belong at any club with shred of integrity.

Fuck him.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
You see, I can understand it, if it was done right...

The absolute best managers have always done it and it's right out the Fergie playbook. He was arguably the best at it...

What Fergie did if his team had the odd off day or if someone had an absolute mare was to deflect the attention onto himself. He would criticise the players to their faces and in the dressing room (hairdryer gate) but never did it in public and never alowed anyone else, especially the media to do it.

Mourinhios approach is utterly flawed because he always kicks off with finding a scapegoat for the inherent issues so that it always starts off as not his fault... he then dismantles the structure and makes it fit the only philosophy he knows.

When this doesn't work, he keeps throwing players who are trying to adapt to his prehistoric system under the bus labeling them, "not good enough", because they are not from the 90's...!!!

He will deflect attention from the team and place it onto spurious factors, officials or individual players and errors... never himself...!!!

Basically he is a self-absorbed cunt and does not belong at any club with shred of integrity.

Fuck him.
Very good points--some times managers say obviously stupid shit, or pick fights with the media--as you say, old whiskey nose was a genius at that--to draw the pressure off the players. Mourinho's approach is always to point out shortcomings, but reading what he's saying now? It's an exit strategy, aimed at finding another club foolish enough to think things will be different if they hire him.

Come to think of it, Ferguson was also a genius at changing tactical and managerial approaches over time. He was an old turd, but he wasn't so up his own arse that he thought the times should change to suit him rather than the other way around. Mourinho doesn't seem to have that in his locker.

What's interesting (and depressing) about our club is that Mourinho is facing as stubborn and egotistical a prick as he is in Levy. One or two more losses, and Maureen'll start digging in on him, the club structure, the medical staff, tea lady, etc.

His bullshit became an embarrassment to the suits and Man United, and the same will happen here. They don't give a fuck about the fans, but when the brand of Tottenham Hotspur©/ENIC™Ltd is compromised, it will be over, if it isn't already.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Mrs D is getting annoyed with me singing "sacked in the morning, you're getting sacked in the morning..." every time M******o infects my TV screen. There are two reasons for this:

1. Have you heard me sing? If you had you would know why Mrs D does not like it.
2. She does not like me having dreams, they were all cancelled on our wedding day.
3. She says he is NOT getting sacked in the morning - because, Levy and money.

The 2nd one is not true. I just said that to sound like a 'proper geezer', failed again. At least she doesn't have to give me the look of death when I call him the dreadful 'C' word, that word is not one of her favourites, but I have ascended from the mortal plane of anger and float on a heavenly cloud of enlightenment, I accept the things I cannot change and am one with the universe. Ommmm....cunt!

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
My biggest reason for doubting the article is why would Nagglesman want to come here? He's probably in line for gigs at Dortmund, both Milan clubs, PSG and Juve if they come available, and possibly even Bayern in time. Coming to deal with this shit show wouldn't sound so appealing to me if I had no connection to our club. I think we'll have to hire a club man like King or an up-and-comer.

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Jose starting to lose the plot?

When asked on Friday about how his players have responded to his comments, Mourinho, who was late for a weekly staff match at Hotspur Way, was not impressed.

"I'm not going to answer your question because for the whole week, everybody spoke about it, everybody took for granted what they were writing, what they were saying, so I don’t feel comfortable to come five or six days later to make comments about something people write and speak like if they know everything," he said.
"I don't think I want to go in that direction. I prefer to play or to let you play your game, I mean the media in general, I let you play the game we've had during the week and I just want to play our game at 1pm. I don't want to play that game."

Toby Alderweireld and Serge Aurier had missed the previous match at Aston Villa due to illness before heading off on international duty the next morning.
Mourinho then claimed on Sunday that he had left the two players out again of his matchday squad at Newcastle because they had missed a Covid test earlier in the week and could not train with the team until Saturday, the day before the game.
However, photos released by the club on Thursday last week and a video on Friday, appeared to show Alderweireld involved with training on both days and it has been suggested that he reported back from international duty on the Wednesday to take his test.

Mourinho was asked to clarify his comments about the Belgian but made it clear that he was not going to revisit his words with anyone outside the club.
"I can’t clarify and I can’t clarify because you spoke about it for the whole week," he said. "You play the game, enjoy the game during the whole week and now I want to enjoy my game at 1pm and now I’m here to answer to the question that you already answered for the whole week.
"There is nothing for me to clarify. If I have to clarify, I clarify with my people and not with the people who knows everything and wrote and spoke and sold papers and with audiences on radios and TVs.
"You don’t even pay me a percentage so I’m not going to play the game. Let me play, I’ve been working in the gym for two weeks for this game and now I’m going to arrive late."
Before he left for his match, which he later indicated on social media that he came out on the winning side of, he was asked about both Manchester clubs ahead of Sunday's match against United.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer claimed last month that trophies sometimes act as merely an ego boost for managers and that he felt that league position was a better indicator of progress.
Mourinho, who won the Europa League and League Cup with United as well as finishing second in the Premier League, is not on the same page.
"It’s his opinion. I’m pretty sure his big boss Sir Alex [Ferguson] had a different opinion about it, but I respect what Solskjaer thinks," he said.
"I think different. Freedom of thinking, freedom of ideas, and if that is what he thinks that is fine by me. It’s not a problem for me, he’s not being disrespectful to anyone, but I repeat I believe his big boss, and the biggest in Premier League history, has a different view in relation to that."
It was revealed this week with their financial results that Manchester City have a wage bill for their players and staff of £351m and Mourinho was asked what he made of competing against that sort of financing for Pep Guardiola's side - the biggest wage bill in the history of the Premier League.
"I’m very happy to do it. My career is long, I've worked in club’s with different history, with different economical resources, with different ambitions and I’ve always enjoyed it," he said.
"Of course I am in England for so many years and I know how things are so that’s okay. If Kevin [De Bruyne] signed contract of x million I would love him to sign a contract of three times x million. Fantastic player.
"If Pep – or any of the coaches of the top teams – has x million to spend good for them, no problems. I enjoy to work in my club. I enjoy to do what we are doing and I am not jealous of the ones that can do other things.
"I would love my players to get the same contract as David de Gea or Kevin de Bruyne. I would love them to get that money."