By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Hugo Lloris

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
He's OK, not as good as some people seem to think - because he kicks like a girl, no offence to girls, some of them can kick most better than Hugo. I still think he is in the top 3 keepers in the Premier league, none of them are as good a shot stopper as Hugo, most are better at distribution.

We have seem make some amazing, game changing saves and we have seen him put the defence under huge pressure with his less than super-duper playing out from the area and kicking to attackers. I will put up with his flaws as I believe his uncanny abilities between the sticks more than makes up for his two left feet. Nope, I can't not think of nobody I would want as keeper, he is as they says a 'keeper'.

I don' t however agree that he should be the captain, oh no geezers, he does not command like the mighty Daws used to, he ain't no Ledley King, Vincent Company or pardon my obscene language - John Terry.

Who then should wear the armband? Nigel Farage and his cronies of course would feel very comfy with those red and white jobbies, but they would be unsuited to being Spurs captain so I would chose Toby when he signs his new 100 year contract - that he will be signing very soon. I know Harry K would do the job, he wants to do everything and be everywhere, he is a grafter, but I'd keep that pressure off him and let him just bang in goals. I think Eric Dier will be a skipper in the future but he's got a bit of maturing to do yet.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
We are lucky to have such a fine player and captain,god knows he could play for much richer clubs than us.Every player will make an error,keepers also,just no way back from their mistakes.I am sure Hugo will even more driven and focused as a result.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Lloris is a real class act and we're bloody lucky to have a keeper like him.
Absolute legend!!

Hopefully his example is flowing down to the younger lads to, thinking hold on a minute if arguably a top 3 in the world goalkeeper believes in Pochettinos long term project maybe I should too.

Here's hoping!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Hugo Lloris....is he all that?

Our Hugo has had a couple of dodgy moments recently....the flappy bird at Chelsea (not for the first time) and the Stoke debacle. Some are saying we should have a look around. So I did, seems the greatest goalkeeper at present is David de Gea, except that he kicked the ball straight to City player on Saturday evening and they scored. So even the very very best make mistakes, and from memory Hugo has made many more brilliant saves than gaffes.......wouldn't you say?

His distribution is however generally pretty awful and he doesn't do a frustrated/cross face very well either!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

Our Hugo has had a couple of dodgy moments recently....the flappy bird at Chelsea (not for the first time) and the Stoke debacle. Some are saying we should have a look around. So I did, seems the greatest goalkeeper at present is David de Gea, except that he kicked the ball straight to City player on Saturday evening and they scored. So even the very very best make mistakes, and from memory Hugo has made many more brilliant saves than gaffes.......wouldn't you say?

His distribution is however generally pretty awful and he doesn't do a frustrated/cross face very well either!!
All keepers have a spell of the wobbles,even de gea has been beat a few times on his near post this season and took some flack,as well as that misplaced pass.Clemence had a torrid time in the 80s with us,I remember he came and took a cross and the sarcastic cheers that he held on from the WHL crowd,but he came back after people said he was finished.I have seen some say Hugo is too old,get rid of him now,early 30s is a babe for a good keeper,unless these errors start costing games,titles,cups then remember how many times he has saved us.Dier`s shite pass began that goal,no one is really saying get rid of him in the same tone.

Finchbee

Finchbee

Player in Training.

I would rather have Lloris than De Gea..According to squaka

Distribution Accuracy 78% v 61%
Catches 0.60 v 0.19
Punches 2.47 v 2.44

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
He's not had a great season--for us or for France, by all accounts--but he's by miles the best GK we've had in my time following the club, and fills the role of captain with dignity and class.

Plus if things went too far south for him, we've got the best two backups in the league IMO. I thought the goal on Saturday was just bad luck more than anything he did technically wrong. I'm not worried about Hugo in the least.

conor1

conor1

Founding Member
No issues with Hugo imo. Top top class. Lifting the FA Cup in May would be just reward for him. 200 league games for us and you could count the poor ones on one hand. Only reaching his prime.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He's not had a great season--for us or for France, by all accounts--but he's by miles the best GK we've had in my time following the club, and fills the role of captain with dignity and class.

Plus if things went too far south for him, we've got the best two backups in the league IMO. I thought the goal on Saturday was just bad luck more than anything he did technically wrong. I'm not worried about Hugo in the least.
He stuck by us when things werent great,people want loyalty then its a two way street.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
well the good thing is hugo will have more pts than arsenal&west ham combined now.

Poor show from hugo,get ready for capt kane or jan??
Kane I would think. Poch will be furious. Get a fucking taxi Hugo jesus christ.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Jeez, all happening at the moment. Fun fact, picked up no further than about half a mile from the PL head quarters.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
Drinkmdriving is something Probably most have done at least once in our lives .......but now the only time I worry is the morning after .......
Anyway on to Hugo , if the legal level is 30 , and he was below 40 ......it’s wrong ,,but it could be 1 drink and a tirasmau and over ......
But if he’s over 40 , he needs to be stripped of the captaincy , give it to Toby and a wage increase .....dropped from Monday’s game , and I hope the fine is massive 500k maybe more , anything less, would be like fining me £20 .
On his wage he could have had a chauffeur waiting for him , he could employ me for just 2k a week , and it would hardly dent his salary .
Hugo you’ve let everyone down

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Can we maybe decide his punishments after United and Pool lol

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Stupid. I suspect there's no one among us who hasn't done it at some point, but still stupid. Big fine, maybe (depending on circumstances) loses the armband, public acknowledgement of his stupidity, and move on. That's usually what happens--looking at some of the stories I didn't even remember that Rooney/Firmino had both been charged in the last year or so. Still, no excuse for it, especially for someone with his wealth and support network. Just call a cab/get an Uber.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
I have always regarded Hugo as a top professional. What a let down. Might not be in the right state of mind for Monday. Idiot
I don't care what state of mind he's in, he needs to be dropped until the court case is done, if he is not guilty then he can keep the armband, if not then he loses it forever. Monday? Nah mate, not on your Nelly.. The club say it will be dealt with internally, no it fucking won't it will be dealt with by the courts, then the club corporation can decide on what happens in his professional life.

Everybody is saying we've all done it, yeah OK, I did when I was young and stupid, but these days everybody knows what happens when drunk cunts kill people or cripple them. No excuses.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Statement from Hugo Lloris: “I wish to apologise wholeheartedly to my family, the club, my team-mates, the manager and all of the supporters. Drink driving is completely unacceptable, I take full responsibility for my actions and it is not the example I wish to set.”