By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Leicester (H) PL 13:30 Sun 10th Feb 2019

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
SpursLeicester.jpg

Nice and early this one, that will shut up that moany git who whinges on and on and on if I am 5 minutes late getting a PL thread started.

The title race that was all over a couple of weeks ago, is back on! Liverpool have a chance of slipping up against Bournemouth, City could get doubly duffed over, they faec Everton tonight and Chelsea on Sunday., so one or both of those two nasty sides will drop points. A win against Leicester could be huge, so a win we will get. COYS!

Tottenham Hotspur v Leicester City

111 Meetings
Tottenham Hotspur have played Leicester City 111 times in all competitions., in all the 111 matches Tottenham Hotspur have played against Leicester City they have won 55 lost 35 and drawn 21 matches.
First Match
Their first match was in the FA Cup on Saturday, 10 January 1914. Leicester City were playing at home that day and the final score was Leicester City ( Leicester Fosse ) 5 Tottenham Hotspur 5 .
Last Match
The latest meeting between these two teams was a Premier League game on Saturday, 8 December 2018, the score was Leicester City 0 Tottenham Hotspur 2.
Highest Goals in Game - 10
FA Cup, Saturday, 10 January 1914, Leicester City 5 Tottenham Hotspur 5

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Wow! Spain is treating you well, not a moaning git in sight!!

It’s been lucky that we won those ‘must win’ games back in November and December because we were in it then and we’re back in it now - or according to the media ‘can’t be discounted’.....which presumably means we’ve got no chance away at Chelsea, Liverpool or City. Well this is Leicester and we’ve beaten them once this season without Kane or Eriksen, so just need to do it again. As ever it won’t be easy, they’ve beaten City this season and with a bit more quality would have been United last weekend. They won’t beat us of course, because we’re on a bit of a roll, at Wembley and we never give up. On top of that we have got that bit of extra quality and a bloke called Heung Min Son. He’s quite good and will score at least one goal. If Llorente isn’t too tired he might get one as well and I fancy Lamela for a third. Another clean sheet for the unflappable Hugo and Sunday will be a happy day. 3-0 Spurs, and then we can worry about those other lot when they come along......we might have beaten Dortmund by then as well. Funny old game eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Referee: Michael Oliver
Assistants: Simon Bennett, Stuart Burt
Fourth official: Lee Mason

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Vincent Janssen has done well, recalled to the first XI squad, now he’s hurt his knee and is unavailable on Sunday. Eric Dier also has a virus and is out, together with Kane and Dele.

Good luck lads, a nice comfortable win sometime soon would be good. Thanks in advance

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Vincent Janssen has done well, recalled to the first XI squad, now he’s hurt his knee and is unavailable on Sunday. Eric Dier also has a virus and is out, together with Kane and Dele.

Good luck lads, a nice comfortable win sometime soon would be good. Thanks in advance
Ben Davies groin also misses the match.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
We will destroy Leicester. I have a feeling this will be a statement of intent!

Liverpools wheels will fall off, City will draw and we'll be right in the mixer.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Liverpools wheels will fall off, City will draw and we'll be right in the mixer.
I like this prediction! It shall be so.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I’d like to see a real top performance from Eriksen tomorrow, might be my Mis-interpretation but he looks like he’s drifting through games at 80% at the moment. Maybe it’s because Poch has moved him back and he can’t influence the game as much. What does he know that Poch bloke anyway....!!

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
I’d like to see a real top performance from Eriksen tomorrow, might be my Mis-interpretation but he looks like he’s drifting through games at 80% at the moment. Maybe it’s because Poch has moved him back and he can’t influence the game as much. What does he know that Poch bloke anyway....!!

I would too , but having turned down a third offer , unsurprisingly , when it’s only 110k a week , about a 1/3 of what Ozil is on . Unless we make it nearer to 200k and a massive 20m golden handcuff ,he’s playing like he’s already off . Just hope it’s abroad and not to City or Chelsea( when Hazzard goes )

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I would too , but having turned down a third offer , unsurprisingly , when it’s only 110k a week , about a 1/3 of what Ozil is on . Unless we make it nearer to 200k and a massive 20m golden handcuff ,he’s playing like he’s already off . Just hope it’s abroad and not to City or Chelsea( when Hazzard goes )
Well if Hazard goes to Madrid, then it’s really only Barca I think. Levy won’t sell to Chelsea or City....

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

I'd like to see him never swing in a corner ever again.

I know what u mean though. Thing is he is still so effective at 80%. When he really winds the screw he is magnificent..... Just not at corners.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

I know what u mean though. Thing is he is still so effective at 80%. When he really winds the screw he is magnificent..... Just not at corners.
let harry take them !!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

It's jolly queer eh? He can place the ball wherever he wants from a free kick, but he's pants at corners. Trippier and Lamela can do good corners, I think, probably, but I know feck all about the technical side of football - or anything else really.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I think, probably, but I know feck all about the technical side of football - or anything else really.
You’re quite good on the car market in Spain ;)

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Fucking love you.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
It's jolly queer eh? He can place the ball wherever he wants from a free kick, but he's pants at corners. Trippier and Lamela can do good corners, I think, probably, but I know feck all about the technical side of football - or anything else really.

It's bizarre. The thing that worries me is he hasn't scored a free kick since 2015. That stat didn't sit well with me. I remember that season. scored about 7 free kicks.

Still love him though. His skill is immense and he has a serious engine getting around the park.

TettenhallHotspur

TettenhallHotspur

Player in Training.

It's hard to believe that Eriksen hasn't noticed that he seems to hit the first man every time, let alone his team mates, Poch or the other coaching staff. Which makes me wonder whether it is an intentional tactic.

Apparently, statistics say that only 3% of corners result in a goal. Could it be that the near post corner has slightly better odds, but the 25 times it doesn't work for each time it does result in a goal looks really bad cos we all think that it's criminal not to clear the first man.
Or maybe it is no less effective than any other corner but some analyst has identified that the second ball is more likely to fall favourably.

Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses. I just can't imagine that a student of Bielsa who leaves no stone unturned would fail to see something so seemingly bleeding obvious.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
It's hard to believe that Eriksen hasn't noticed that he seems to hit the first man every time, let alone his team mates, Poch or the other coaching staff. Which makes me wonder whether it is an intentional tactic.

Apparently, statistics say that only 3% of corners result in a goal. Could it be that the near post corner has slightly better odds, but the 25 times it doesn't work for each time it does result in a goal looks really bad cos we all think that it's criminal not to clear the first man.
Or maybe it is no less effective than any other corner but some analyst has identified that the second ball is more likely to fall favourably.

Or maybe I'm just looking for excuses. I just can't imagine that a student of Bielsa who leaves no stone unturned would fail to see something so seemingly bleeding obvious.
Love conspiracy theories.....might even be right, who the hell knows, but the evidence that Trippier and Lamela now regularly take corners, infer that it’s not Christians greatest skill

Personally if we score from a free kick and a corner tomorrow happy days!

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member

According to my brother who is a big ass defender, the idea is to beat the first man by an inch dropping the ball straight to our players head. Trouble is eriksen hits the first man in the bollocks usually. Although maybe that's the tactic. A sore nutsack would slow me down. So basically the technic is tactical, much like Hugo being told to pass it out into trouble. Me.. I'd rather we swung it into the centre of the box and cause a scramble. That's usually the tactic used against us and seems to work regularly.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Interesting stat, I like stats! I have been trying to find out if there's one for the amount go goals scored by the opposition due to defence cock-ups from corners.

Wotspur

Wotspur

Founding Member
So Spurs are live on Tv , again I’m sure we’ll have to sufffer the biased Neville talking about Man Utd getting into 4th to start with and then Carragher going on about LFc win for the first 20 mins , all ignoring their first goal being offside . Then they’ll talk about the big game City and Chelsea and how City could go back top........ and then just before kick off , they’ll say and this is the Spurs and Leicester team and then having to listen to that TWUNT ( where Twat and Cunt aren’t enough ) Alan Smith
Come on you Spurs !

Reactions: Yid