By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Mauricio Pochettino

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Still love him, absolute class act even when he was sacked (see below) and so hope he gets a second opportunity. For context it would be good to know who was asking the questions, because his PR and tone are spot on from a fans point of view. I wonder what the answers would have been if he had been quizzed by a journalist from Real Madrid or PSG?

EKeecKoWwAA8eBm

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Still love him, absolute class act even when he was sacked (see below) and so hope he gets a second opportunity. For context it would be good to know who was asking the questions, because his PR and tone are spot on from a fans point of view. I wonder what the answers would have been if he had been quizzed by a journalist from Real Madrid or PSG?
was on bt last night,they showed the ajax miracle again,with poch commenting.

Fuck I miss that man,cannot understand people slagging him,"lost all the big matches" bollocks,cos yeah losing to a 2nd rate german side is better than losing in a final.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Still feels like I've had my football heart ripped out and stamped on every time he appears on TV or web.

Top bloke. If Levy hadn't been such a total slap head we could've been on for a Man U style dynasty.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
Losing Poch took a lot of the joy out of following this club. Replacing him with Mourinho took a lot more. Replacing him with Mourinho, selling Eriksen and Rose and still continuing to lose basically did me in. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Losing Poch took a lot of the joy out of following this club. Replacing him with Mourinho took a lot more. Replacing him with Mourinho, selling Eriksen and Rose and still continuing to lose basically did me in. Would take him back in a heartbeat.

Same...

I've alot of man love for Sir Poch. Such a classy guy. I'd of sold half our team before sacrificing Poch.

I'd like to hit Mourinho with a shovel.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Poch?

Apart from the last 10 months and lack of trophies, I might agree with you.
I think he means that night in Amsterdam. But Poch too, especially compared to the antichrist Levy’s seen fit to put in charge of this managed decline

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
I think he means that night in Amsterdam. But Poch too, especially compared to the antichrist Levy’s seen fit to put in charge of this managed decline
Mourinho will bring glory.

Where Poch got us to dare, Mourinho will get us to do.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Call me an old fuddy duddy and he may deliver a trophy or two (I still doubt that ) but there is a huge difference between winning a trophy the Mourinho way and winning it the Spurs way.
I agree however, hasn't it been long enough with nothing?

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

Feels strange even arguing about it right now, so I’ll just say I’m not seeing it and leave it at that. He may (but I doubt it) win a trophy with significant investment, but that will only raise the question of what we might have done had the club been willing to back the manager we had, who had the advantage, as I see it, of not being a complete twat.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I agree however, hasn't it been long enough with nothing?
It depends on what's important to you as a fan imo...and everybody's different in that regard, and would respect every opinion but...you obviously want trophies in the cabinet, whatever the cost...but I'm a little more of a romantic when it comes to this great club.
My heroes were Hoddle, Ardiles, Ginola, Bale etc...I loved the genius on the park, and loved the manager that allowed the genius in a player to flourish. Mourinho has never, and will never do that...and that is what irritates me. Yes he may (I still doubt it) win a trophy, as did George Graham in 99, but do I really want the heart and soul ripped out of the traditions of the club in exchange for a trophy ?........not this fan.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
It depends on what's important to you as a fan imo...and everybody's different in that regard, and would respect every opinion but...you obviously want trophies in the cabinet, whatever the cost...but I'm a little more of a romantic when it comes to this great club.
My heroes were Hoddle, Ardiles, Ginola, Bale etc...I loved the genius on the park, and loved the manager that allowed the genius in a player to flourish. Mourinho has never, and will never do that...and that is what irritates me. Yes he may (I still doubt it) win a trophy, as did George Graham in 99, but do I really want the heart and soul ripped out of the traditions of the club in exchange for a trophy ?........not this fan.
I hear what you're saying. I've been a fan since the late 70s, grew up on Hoddle (the greatest player I have ever seen in our shirt),Ardiles, etc.

I also get why people are against Mourinho (putting aside his Chav background) it's almost like he plays 'anti-football' however, the game is about glory and there is no glory in coming 2nd-4th or losing a CL final. There is only glory in trophies, IMO.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

What tells you from his success so far that were destined for glory.....?

It's been utter shite, worse than when Poch wasnt given the resources he was promised....

Man is a has been.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
What tells you from his success so far that were destined for glory.....?

It's been utter shite, worse than when Poch wasnt given the resources he was promised....

Man is a has been.
'Has been'? How can you possibly think that?

Won the EL and League Cup with a shit Utd team and challenged for the league. That was his last job, so how is Mourinho past it?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
'Has been'? How can you possibly think that?

Won the EL and League Cup with a shit Utd team and challenged for the league. That was his last job, so how is Mourinho past it?
Maybe I am biased, but I dont like the cunt. His football is shit, he spends huge sums of money on old players, he alienates players and rubs every fucker up the wrong way.... including me.

Soz but I simply tolerate him.... he could change my mind by installing fresh dazzling football and delivering what Poch ultimately couldn't.... but only when that happens, until then he is still a solid gold twat in my eyes.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
Maybe I am biased, but I dont like the cunt. His football is shit, he spends huge sums of money on old players, he alienates players and rubs every fucker up the wrong way.... including me.

Soz but I simply tolerate him.... he could change my mind by installing fresh dazzling football and delivering what Poch ultimately couldn't.... but only when that happens, until then he is still a solid gold twat in my eyes.
A twat maybe, however, a twat who has won trophies everywhere he has been.

I struggle with the hate for him (apart from his Chav connections).

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
There's a thread for Mourinho here, isn't there?

Anyway, I'll post this here.

I was disappointed when Poch was sacked but something was definitely wrong both with him & the players at the time of his dismissal.

Poch had called for a "painful" rebuild. He knew the team needed reinforcements / refreshing. For whatever reason, he didn't get it yet he continued to try to overachieve with what he had.

I just wonder what publicly stating that does to your current player's psyche? ie the team is not good enough.
I believe he was right in saying it. But publicly? He was probably frustrated with Levy & decided to put some pressure on him.

I believe the rot started around the time of the Burnley match.
Poch & his staff lost it with the ref.
Something happened there & beyond because after that things really started to go south with our League performances. What was going on? I don't know.

Mourinho wasn't my first choice as his replacement but he was saying & doing all the right things when he arrived. The club had the typical uptick / bump in performance but then we had a rash of significant injuries to key players. That could hinder the world's best coaches. I'm still willing to give him the benefit of the doubt that he can turn things around with a healthy squad & some new additions. I have faith in that he recognizes our weaknesses & knows where we need to strengthen. I'm simply wary of his choice of players. They're usually older, more experienced but well past their 'best before' date. Essentially, a short term fix. I really hope I am wrong because, if I am, then he & Spurs are successful.

But then there's that other element.
Spurs fans are much different than other supporters. We want our style & flair along with the glory.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
There's a thread for Mourinho here, isn't there?

Anyway, I'll post this here.

I was disappointed when Poch was sacked but something was definitely wrong both with him & the players at the time of his dismissal.
I really think simply once Levy was finished with the stadium,he went back to interferring in the team matters,contracts especially.I think it was a case of not so much Poch losing the players but Levy lost Poch,rose,eriksen god knows who else,and Poch may have been 100% still,but before he was 150%.Question for me is will Levy give Jose time and funds or will jose eventually get pissed off being strung along with a chairman getting in the way.Whatever the merits of the glazers and roman,they dont interfere much and when abrahamovic took in schevchenko,jose walked more or less.

In answer to @Favour ,I have tried being a mourinho fan and giving him time,but I just dont see it,he is trying to be Mr nice,and he did well when he was Mr cunt.,I will love it if he brings a trophy or 3,but like adebayor,deep down I cant lose the dislike for the guy,but i will not be negative at games and such,and hope for the best.

Favour

Favour

Player in Training.
I really think simply once Levy was finished with the stadium,he went back to interferring in the team matters,contracts especially.I think it was a case of not so much Poch losing the players but Levy lost Poch,rose,eriksen god knows who else,and Poch may have been 100% still,but before he was 150%.Question for me is will Levy give Jose time and funds or will jose eventually get pissed off being strung along with a chairman getting in the way.Whatever the merits of the glazers and roman,they dont interfere much and when abrahamovic took in schevchenko,jose walked more or less.

Isn't it Levy's job to deal with contracts?

In answer to @Favour ,I have tried being a mourinho fan and giving him time,but I just dont see it,he is trying to be Mr nice,and he did well when he was Mr cunt.,I will love it if he brings a trophy or 3,but like adebayor,deep down I cant lose the dislike for the guy,but i will not be negative at games and such,and hope for the best.

He's only been here '5 mins' to be honest, I think his record demands more time than that?