By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Manager?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
At last positive news - I read that Sheik Hanvac is buying Levy's share in the club. He wants to bring a new freshness to the place.........ffs
You’re sacked. Get your stuff and fuck off 🤣🤣

@Dorset I don’t know about Gerrard really. Obviously he’s done well where he is but could he transfer that to a far more competitive league? I don’t know.

But then he’d probably turn us down anyway as there’s really only one premier league club he’d manage.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Oy @ClemFandango and @Motspur Hotspur - do you want Steven Gerrard? Out of the very few candidates left I think Nuno would be the best of a bad bunch, of course it would be funny if he told Levy to fuck off, sad, but funny.
Well yes but no but then again... Hmmm... Let me think about it. Sorry I went all Daniel Levy then.

Do I want Steven Gerrard, MR Liverpool, do I want every plastic red in the world getting on our case and rubbing our noses in his born in Liverpool status, do I want the press highlighting his immediate return to Anfield every day and at every press conference? No, not really but I want Nuno even less.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I’d be fine with Nuno or Potter at this point. Obviously nearly everyone sees the job as a poisoned chalice. I can’t remember who it was that pointed out on here a while back that Poch is basically the only manager in the ENIC era to leave with as strong a reputation as he entered with. Maybe you could just about argue BMJ as well, but still.

At this point anyone who is not a complete prick and doesn’t play utterly dire football is the best we can hope for IMO.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Gennaro Gattuso’s 23-day tenure as Fiorentina manager was marked by disagreements about player signings and the unusual influence of the superagent Jorge Mendes.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Jesus fucking Christ.

We are the joke of European football.

Thanks for the memories Harry, but you really should put that transfer request in now.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
For anybody who has not go a full house on the Bookies favourite Bingo game, surely not possible as every single manager on the planet has been the favourite at some tome or other - today's entry is Martinez. It's fecking pointless discussing if we like this bloke or not, because tomorrow it will be someone else at the top of the list.

I expect that Levy will put out a message on the PA system before the first game of the season 'Would anybody interested in becoming the team coach please contact a steward?'.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Emma Hayes........? another first for Spurs. Female coaching a male team.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I expect that Levy will put out a message on the PA system before the first game of the season 'Would anybody interested in becoming the team coach please contact a steward?'.
For some random reason, that's reminded me of a time when I went to the Lane to see us play Liverpool.

We were behind the goal and watching all the usual pre-match bollocks on the big screen. The announcer said that they'd got a new song for the team to run out to and that they were running a competition on what to call it.

It sounded like a rejected Prodigy B-Side so I said to my mate .. "What about Smack my Spurs Up?". Oh how we laughed 🤣🤣

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Here's a piece on how Fabio Paratici convinced Daniel Levy to give the green light to the appointment.
"Dan... There's literally no one who wants to work with you anymore, Nuno is the only one crazy enough left"...!

Last edited:
J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
So it’s a done deal then. Lots of lazy “Mourinho 2.0” hot takes out there, but he’s at the very least not the odious personality Jose was. Maybe his Mendes connections will squeeze a bit of cash out of the club for some Portuguese talent.

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
It's all over, then. Fine. Nothing against Nuno (seems like a nice enough bloke and decent at his job),but why? Have we had a lot of luck with Portuguese managers in the past? Have we had a lot of joy with Jorge Mendes clients (Mourinho, Doherty, Helder Postiga?) .

Nuno apparently left Wolves because the owners didn't want to give him a transfers war chest. Sound familiar? With Daniel Levy and Jorge Mendes dividing up any money that's left between them, we can expect nothing apart from Mendes' most useless or washed-up players. Pepe and Diego Costa anyone?

We are falling deeper and deeper into the corrupt business of football. We might as well have left Tottenham, because we're certainly not on the "high road" any more.

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Incredibly meh. There's more to this than meets the eye, not simply a lack of cash. I'm starting to worry Levy is going to do a Coventry on us.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Ah look its meh alright, but who exactly did we expect to walk in the door ? All the other possibilities had CL football and better prospects all round. Our best player wants to leave, no champions league, and a chairman who's as tight as a duck's arse! Hardly irresistible is it ?
When Poch arrived, nobody got over excited..we knew he'd done decent job at Southampton and he played decent football but nobody was doing cartwheels. So, for me, he's probably the best we could have got under this chairman and under these circumstances. I just hope he turns out to be as bright a light as Poch was....maybe I'm reaching, but you have to hope folks.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
I’m not doing cartwheels but let’s not forget that Nuno took Wolves to back to back 7th placed finishes before Jimenez went down. I was at Wembley in late 2018 when they mugged us off for fun in a festive fixture.

The guy can manage.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
I’m not doing cartwheels but let’s not forget that Nuno took Wolves to back to back 7th placed finishes before Jimenez went down. I was at Wembley in late 2018 when they mugged us off for fun in a festive fixture.

The guy can manage.
At this time, this is probably the level we are at. Was hoping for someone more "adventurous" in terms of playing style.
As Crypty said, he's a decent manager & works well with what he has.
On top of that, he's not a cunt. He's someone we can look at & respect.

I'm behind him.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
[SkySport] Gennaro Gattuso: The accusations from Tottenham fans hurt me more than any sacking. I have been described for what I am not without having the opportunity to defend myself, at a time when no one wants to take note of the dangers of the web.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
[SkySport] Gennaro Gattuso: The accusations from Tottenham fans hurt me more than any sacking. I have been described for what I am not without having the opportunity to defend myself, at a time when no one wants to take note of the dangers of the web.

An innocent head butt to an opposition coach has a funny effect on it's fanbase eh Gennaro?
Who would have thunk.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
And the head-butt was probably the easiest of the allegations to forgive. Spirit of competition, fire in the belly and all.

When the rumours (of him as a candidate) started, I was aghast, and then began to came around, thinking maybe he could be a non-fascist Simeone.

Turns out he's just a low-rent version. Dodged a bullet there.