By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Manager?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
All true, but what about the other side...Conte. He's either been on another planet for the last 20 years while Levy has been here or maybe he just saw us as an easy target ? He's not willing to work with promising young talent at the club ? Fuck him so! The academy is there for a reason. My point is he surely knew that Levy was a tight cunt, and he wouldn't be shelling out the cash ? He's just spent £1Billion on a shiny new stadium and hasn't had anyone pay to get into it for over a year! Result ? EXTRA tight cunt!
Everyone knows the story if you work for DL...you either accept it or you don't...
100% agree mate which I why I genuinely think this was another Levy smoke screen...

We'll end up with what we deserve... Graham Fucking Potter...!!!

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
All those poor sods that renewed got well stuffed. Don't want to say I told you so, but I did (and @Yid you can join me under the bus as well).

Dispicable charlatan

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Honestly, where do you go from here?

Levy put out a description of what he's looking for. Then Conte gives him a wink & we're down a totally different route. Interested to see the route back from here.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Conte would have lasted about 5 minutes working for Levy. Conte jacked in Milan because he couldn't get the money he wanted to build a team, he gives not a single fuck about developing young players. Levy of course wants to focus on academy players because he doesn't want to spend any money, the football side of THFC(orporation) is just an irritation to him, the real business is property speculation, Lady fucking Gaga, silly blokes running around in ridiculous armour for about 10 hours playing a game that is about 1% as good as proper rugby, selling total shite as souvenirs to the soccer tourists and gouging money out of the remaining loyal fans. He knows that as long as he keeps the side in the Premier League then he'll fill the stadium (when that bastard Covid fucks off). If Sonny goes then I am sure he'll find another Korean, Chinese, Martian player to put plenty of tourist arses on seats.

Levy is a cunt, I have always thought that, his only interest is money - but the other thing I have always said is would a different chairman be less of a cunt? The tax-exile Joe Lewis has to fuck right off, the cunt made billions betting against the pound back in 1992 on Black Wednesday, something that fucked most non super-rich people right up the back door - and the cunt is a fucking tax exile who has taken everything from you and gives fuck all back. ENIC - Extremely Nasty Insatiable Cunts. Fuck off Joe, sail off into the sunset then fuck off a bit further you greedy cunt.

Football is dead, cunts like Lewis, Sheik [insert name of sheik here] , Ivan Ripemoff and the like are the only type of people able to own what used to be clubs, until a model like the German one is introduced (which will happen he same day someone comes up with an actual, real, measurable Brexit benefit) - then I suppose it doesn't matter who he owner is and the whole hing becomes a competition to see who can spend the most money.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Read between the lines....

Cunte couldn't get assurances that he would have adequate funds to buy a side capable of winning trophies...

This tells you everything you need to know about the priorities of Levy when it comes to the football side of things.

He is a cheap nasty little man who wants caviar on fish and chips money...

He has no interest in investing enough money to make this team anyrhing close to challenging for honours...

If I was a top player or manager I wouldn't want to be anywhere near that club. That includes the players currently at the club.
The reading between the lines is easy. Take this quote from the Telegraph ..

Spurs are understood to be concerned over the number of demands Conte was making, as well as his reluctance to offer chances to young players. The former Chelsea manager, meanwhile, had his own doubts about the club's ambition, as well as the strength of the playing squad

1) "Reluctance to offer chances to young players .." = "We're not going to be spending that much on transfers"
2) ".. had his own doubts about the club's ambition .." = "Kane will be sold but as long as you get us into the Champions League again, we're good"
3) " ..as well as the strength of the playing squad." = "Don't bank on us moving anyone on that quickly because we'll be looking for maximum returns on our investments. Oh, and see Point 1"

Reading around this morning, it appears abundantly clear that we "called off" the talks to save being shown up by Conte rejecting us.

We are just ten weeks away from the start of the new season, so you're looking at probably 5 or 6 weeks away from the start of pre-season and we're completely fucked with no manager or any transfer activity in or out.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
"The Italian manager has a reputation for buying ready-made stars whereas, under chairman Daniel Levy, Tottenham's reputation has come through development and building teams, as they did under Pochettino."

I laughed a bit at this from the BBC about Conte telling Levy to do one, 'Tottenham's reputation' under Levy eh? One League Cup in 21 years of Levy's tyranny. This 'development and building teams' malarky ain't working I reckon.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Why did the Conte talks stall?​

One of the main issues of contention between Conte and Tottenham was their transfer plans.
Conte is believed to have requested a sizeable transfer budget to rebuild the squad, something Spurs chairman Daniel Levy was unwilling to offer.
That led to a second disagreement – the future of Harry Kane. The England captain his hinted that he is ready to quit the club this summer but would command a hefty transfer fee as he still has three years left on his contract.
It is understood that if Kane was to be sold, however, Conte wanted guarantees that at least part of the fee generated from the sale - likely to be in excess of £100 million ($141m) - would have been used to sign an adequate replacement.
Again, though, the two did not see eye to eye.
Conte’s wage demands are also believed to be problematic, while there are disagreements over the number of backroom staff he wants to bring with him to north London.
With the move almost certain to collapse under the weight of those issues, Conte may now instead take a year out from management and wait for a better opportunity next season.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Spurs DNA... have a day off...!

Levy DNA more like... Spend fuck all and keep choking the punters for every penny they have.

I think I might take a year off with Conte too...

It's now a race to the bottom. Who will be cheaper to buy out of their contract and accept a shit deal without of best player(s) and without the budget to build a team

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Idle speculation time :)

I do wonder what's going to happen if we go another month without appointing someone, which would seem quite possible at the moment.

On the face of it, it's the worst possible "perfect storm" in a way. A squad in desperate need of an overhaul, but no major money to do that because of an owner who won't put any money in, and a chairman who is notoriously difficult in moving players on.

Also, your best player, a world class striker wants to leave and you don't have any guarantee that any transfer fee received for him will be invested back in the squad. One of the main rumours emerging from the Conte clusterfuck is that there was apparently no guarantee that any fee for Kane would be put back into the team, so, again, if you're a manager coming in to this situation you're already expected to work with one arm tied behind your back.

What manager would actually want to take that on ?. You might have got someone who would have been up for the challenge of making the team successful with Kane gone IF they had the funds to do that and rebuild the side, but if they're expected to either sell to buy or to promote from the youth team, it becomes somewhat of a thankless task that few would want to take on.

Would it feasibly force Levy to go to Lewis and essentially say "Look, we're fucked if we continue with the current model. You need to put money in to this otherwise this house of cards will come down" ?

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Idle speculation time :)

I do wonder what's going to happen if we go another month without appointing someone, which would seem quite possible at the moment.

On the face of it, it's the worst possible "perfect storm" in a way. A squad in desperate need of an overhaul, but no major money to do that because of an owner who won't put any money in, and a chairman who is notoriously difficult in moving players on.

Also, your best player, a world class striker wants to leave and you don't have any guarantee that any transfer fee received for him will be invested back in the squad. One of the main rumours emerging from the Conte clusterfuck is that there was apparently no guarantee that any fee for Kane would be put back into the team, so, again, if you're a manager coming in to this situation you're already expected to work with one arm tied behind your back.

What manager would actually want to take that on ?. You might have got someone who would have been up for the challenge of making the team successful with Kane gone IF they had the funds to do that and rebuild the side, but if they're expected to either sell to buy or to promote from the youth team, it becomes somewhat of a thankless task that few would want to take on.

Would it feasibly force Levy to go to Lewis and essentially say "Look, we're fucked if we continue with the current model. You need to put money in to this otherwise this house of cards will come down" ?

Levy has a stake in the club at well. He’s got about as much interest in putting money into the squad as Lewis.

Two cunts cut from the same cloth.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Levy has a stake in the club at well. He’s got about as much interest in putting money into the squad as Lewis.

Two cunts cut from the same cloth.
I know Levy has around a 29% stake in the club but I wouldn't have thought he would actually have the kind of money you'd need to invest in the squad anyway. But then with Lewis not being interested in putting money in, in a way, Levy is almost "forced" to run the club within it's means, even though he does it very, very badly.

But then the fact that we have, apparently, incurred the largest debt of any club in the world on a shopping centre and not because of player investment should be indicator enough that the situation won't change.

It still leaves me wondering who we're going to appoint. Even if we ended up throwing money at PSG to allow Poch to come home, even he'd want some investment in new players.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I know Levy has around a 29% stake in the club but I wouldn't have thought he would actually have the kind of money you'd need to invest in the squad anyway. But then with Lewis not being interested in putting money in, in a way, Levy is almost "forced" to run the club within it's means, even though he does it very, very badly.

But then the fact that we have, apparently, incurred the largest debt of any club in the world on a shopping centre and not because of player investment should be indicator enough that the situation won't change.

It still leaves me wondering who we're going to appoint. Even if we ended up throwing money at PSG to allow Poch to come home, even he'd want some investment in new players.
If I was Poch I'd make all the right noises, be humble and accommodating and when sat there with the pen in my hand at the exact moment of closing the deal, I'd simply start laughing incontrollably and completely out of context (Joker'esq) and then leave having recorded the entire sorry pathetic affair on hidden cameras...

I would then say something clever and whitty about Karma and state that "it is my dream to come back to Tottenham and be a huge success, but while Levy and Lewis are around and the club is viewed as the joke it is by all in World football, I will quietly sit at home or take another job somewhere else and live of the memories of this moment and the income from selling the tapes to the world's media"...

I've thought about this too much.

#LevyOut

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I think Alasdair Gold called it - he said that Poch (or his people) would be coming out with stories like this that he "never wanted to leave" e.t.c..

Just keeps him onside with the fans really - he probably still does want to come home.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Today's money maker for the bookies is Ten Hag - If you are playing Next Manager Bookmaker's Favourite Bingo then you probably have a full house by now.