By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

New Manager?

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
I imagine a lot of the players not selected for international duty over the next few weeks will likely be required to report back for pre-season training in around three and a half weeks on the 1st of July.

So, in a perfect world, we'd need a new manager to come in and fully assess the squad and decide who he wants to keep and who he wants to move on. Then he'd need to identify any potential transfer targets and get them signed as well so he could bring them in to the squad and everyone would be on the same page when they start training and working on the managers approach and tactics e.t.c..

In three and a half weeks.

If you thought starting a new season under The Cunt was going to be a long, hard slog then next season is going to be a hundred times worse at this rate.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Surely if this is true then Poch IS leaving....and if so, probably to us ? But would he be happy being here by default ? No.
Don't do it Poch. Spend a few more years out there. Win some trophies elsewhere and then sometime in the future, when you're ready.. come back and give it another go....but not now. You'd be better off playing golf....

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Surely if this is true then Poch IS leaving....and if so, probably to us ? But would he be happy being here by default ? No.
Don't do it Poch. Spend a few more years out there. Win some trophies elsewhere and then sometime in the future, when you're ready.. come back and give it another go....but not now. You'd be better off playing golf....
He goes to his farm and talks to the cows, no?

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Who the fuck is this guy? Gonna have to pull a Danny Rose and google him. I hope this blows up in Levy's face

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Fonseca started coaching immediately after retiring, remaining two years at the helm of Estrela da Amadora's youths. From 2007 to 2011 he was in charge of several modest teams, notably C.D. Pinhalnovense which he led to the quarter-finals of the Taça de Portugal in both the 2009–10 and 2010–11 seasons.[3][4]

In 2011–12, Fonseca was appointed at C.D. Aves in division two for his first job in the professionals,[5] and he led the team to the third position, just two points shy of promotion. In the following campaign he signed for F.C. Paços de Ferreira, again finishing third to qualify the club for their maiden campaign in the UEFA Champions League; highlights included winning both games against S.C. Braga (2–0 at home, 3–2 away) and Sporting CP (1–0 on both occasions).[6][7]

Fonseca succeeded Vítor Pereira at the helm of back-to-back-to-back national champions FC Porto, signing a two-year contract on 10 June 2013.[8][9] He started his spell on a high note, winning the year's Supertaça Cândido de Oliveira after a 3–0 triumph against Vitória de Guimarães which marked his first honour as a coach.[10][11]

However, on 5 March 2014, following a string of poor results that left the club in the third position in the league, nine points behind leaders S.L. Benfica, Fonseca was relieved of his duties.[12] Previously, on 12 January, he had stated that Porto would be champions in the last matchday against that opponent.[13]

From 2014 to 2016, Fonseca continued working in his country's top flight, with Paços[14] and Braga.[15] He led the latter to the fourth position, also winning the domestic cup.[16]

Fonseca moved abroad for the first time in his career on 31 May 2016, replacing legendary Mircea Lucescu (12 seasons) at the helm of FC Shakhtar Donetsk and signing a two-year contract at the Ukrainian Premier League side.[17][18] He always won the double during his spell[19][20]– which earned him the distinction as the league's best coach in 2016–17[21]– and reached the round of 16 of the 2017–18 UEFA Champions League,[22] after finishing second in the group stage following a 2–1 home win over Premier League's Manchester City.[23]

On 11 June 2019, Fonseca was appointed manager of A.S. Roma.[24] He led the side to the fifth place in the Serie A in his first season,[25] as well as the semi-finals of the subsequent UEFA Europa League.[26][27] He announced his departure in May 2021.[28]

BrooklynYid

BrooklynYid

Player in Training.
So we're gonna hire the guy that Mourinho is replacing? Holy fucking hell.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Well, I'm afraid that's where we're at. It's a job for someone who's simply got nothing to lose. Because to anyone who's got a reputation of success, and wants to enhance it, they'll go anywhere else...and why? Because it's a job they'll be frustrated in and inevitably undermined in...so....the likes of Foseca is what we can get under this chairman.

Thanks Daniel.

In 21 years, you've steered the club to success in precisely fuck all. Spent more money on paying off bad appointments than you have on signing good players. You're a fucking clown. The best thing you can do now is fuck off.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
And which of our world class players will look at that manager and think, yeah I'll stick around and maybe win something with this guy...

Look, everyone has to start somewhere so this guy could be great... but what he is not, is a name anyone knows, anyone who players can immediately buy into and is not the Marqee top 6 European Super Leage manager who will attract the biggest and best options to THFC.

I don't recognise this club anymore. Actually, I do and that makes me even more disappointed. We seem to be on one of the biggest slides a club has ever been on... how long did Leeds take to get relegated after their league title...

Champions league final to championship in 3 seasons...?

I will judge him on the style of football we play and the results... but if this is what Levy thinks will appease the fans, the man is even more sheltered and shut off from reality than any of us could have thought.

I simply can't get excited by this.

Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Founding Member
Fonseca - the one man even more defensive than that other dick.

Exciting stuff. Harry Kane must really be considering staying now...... #levyout

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Paulo Fonseca coming in to rescue us after our shit season (This is a real image of him dressed as Zorro)​

renderTimingPixel.png

1623294699736.png

• Haha
Reactions: Yid