By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Other Premier league clubs

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
That's great stuff for Everton. They've very much struggled to compete financially over the last decade and I've a soft spot for them so would like to see them being a bit more competitive, just not as competitive as Spurs.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I also have a soft spot for the toffees, in no small part because their gain is liverpools loss, and because every Everton fan I've ever met has been a decent fellow and not at all delusional. still, hate to see all these old grounds (including our own of course) going by the wayside.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
maybe they will recycle goodison`s corrugated iron,which seems to be the main building material!!
Also they might be able to generate some cash to compete with Liverpool, apparently they only have 8 corporate boxes atm, great for fans and tickets but they can never do any more than pay the players, and there's a limit to that as well.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
I don't really mind Everton either. We must have short memories from the 85 and 87 seasons.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I don't really mind Everton either. We must have short memories from the 85 and 87 seasons.
Was that when they won the league and we came 2nd or 3rd....from memory. We had a fantastic game at home with them in one of those years 3-2 or something. One of them they didn't get to play in the European Cup because of the Liverpool fans Heysel thing, pretty shit for them..

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
Was that when they won the league and we came 2nd or 3rd....from memory. We had a fantastic game at home with them in one of those years 3-2 or something. One of them they didn't get to play in the European Cup because of the Liverpool fans Heysel thing, pretty shit for them..

Yep, they won the league those 2 years and we finished 3rd. 87 being the year we were chasing the treble and came away with nothing.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Yep, they won the league those 2 years and we finished 3rd. 87 being the year we were chasing the treble and came away with nothing.
That was the year we lost to Coventry in the FA Cup and Clive Allen scored a shed load of goals. I was at that final and really felt for Mabbutt when sliced it into his own net right in front of us. Coventry for fuck sake!! We were brilliant in the 80's my favourite decade by miles.

Ted the Yid

Ted the Yid

Founding Member
That was the year we lost to Coventry in the FA Cup and Clive Allen scored a shed load of goals. I was at that final and really felt for Mabbutt when sliced it into his own net right in front of us. Coventry for fuck sake!! We were brilliant in the 80's my favourite decade by miles.

A great team and cutting edge tactics by Mr Pleat and his 451 formation.

Mabbutt and Gough had an awesome CB partnership.

The semi final of the league cup is best forgotten though.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
A great team and cutting edge tactics by Mr Pleat and his 451 formation.

Mabbutt and Gough had an awesome CB partnership.

The semi final of the league cup is best forgotten though.
I can't remember it anyway. I went to the 5-1 Chelsea semi final under Hoddle before we lost to Blackburn in the final in Cardiff...it's not surprising we're called Spursy is it. We're brilliant one minute and fall off the perch the next. The day after my first daughter was born, I schlepped up the M1 for 12.30 kick off at Elland Road against Everton...we lost that as well 4-1..it was the start of my sorry affair with Spurs semi-finals you probably know how the next four or five went, the only triumph was the 3-1 scum semi and to be honest, that day and that goal has probably made up for all the other 5 and more. Brilliant, I've still got the ticket.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I get more and more disgusted with each day that passes, at how much footballers are getting paid. It hit a new low when I read that that bug eyed twat Ozil is demanding £250k a week, seriously fuck off, he's been dog shite this season but fuck it, if Arsenal pay him that money, then they're even more muggy than they are already!

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Hah, the figure I saw was £350k... with Ozil now prepared to take £280k since no one else wants him.

Probably something to do with the fact he only turns up about half the time.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
Hah, the figure I saw was £350k... with Ozil now prepared to take £280k since no one else wants him.

Probably something to do with the fact he only turns up about half the time.

It's these ridiculous figures being paid out to players that don't deserve it, that make our players stand up and think hang on, I'm better than him, I should be at least on an equal pay grade.

I totally get why our players are being linked here, there and everywhere. It's no doubt the work of the evil orks that are the agents. I also don't begrudge them the idea of leaving to double their wages, it's very easy to be seduced by the kind of figures that get bandied about. Here in lies the problem for us as well, any marquee player that we may get, that player will likely be looking for around the £150k mark, which we would have to pay, coz being a marquee name, other competitors will have no problem giving that player whatever he wants. You look at someone like Barkley, who apparently wants £140k a week, it's stupid money for a player that hasn't done nearly enough to warrant that kind of salary.

Levy whether he likes it or not, is gonna have to set aside a vast amount for increases in salaries over the coming season, in order to keep the current crop, as well as adding quality potential first teamers.

The majority of our first team would command on the open market anywhere between £100-250k a week. Our players clearly love playing for the Poch and all seem like a very tight knit bunch but as Danny Rose said, sometimes players fancy a change and let's face it and regardless of how brilliant we've been over the last few years, they can all win trophies just as easily elsewhere and get a vast pay rise at the same time. It's time Levy stops scrimping and saving and gives these guys what they really deserve, otherwise we'll continue to be the perennial bridesmaids.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Those players asking for the 250 grand a week type money should be the top of the tree in their game, world cup winners, European team of the year contenders etc....

Not half baked goggle eyed cunts who turns up once a month at most.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Fookin hell,thats sad.

BREAKING: Ex @NUFC midfielder Cheick Tioté has collapsed during training with Beijing Enterprises and has subsequently died. Aged 30.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Fookin hell,thats sad.

BREAKING: Ex @NUFC midfielder Cheick Tioté has collapsed during training with Beijing Enterprises and has subsequently died. Aged 30.
That's terrible to hear. Always liked him after that goal against the goons.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/42636450
Manchester United will charge Sevilla fans £89 to attend the Champions League last-16 tie at Old Trafford on 13 March in response to the Spanish club's "unfair and excessive" ticket pricing.

United say they will use the proceeds to subsidise fans attending the first leg in Spain on 21 February.

The La Liga side are asking for £35 more than they took from Liverpool fans in the group stages in November.

Sevilla are not breaching Uefa rules and are charging their own fans more.

United said they had taken the decision as "a deterrent to future opponents who look to increase ticket prices for our travelling supporters".

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Watching Liverpool v City I suppose I should be hoping for a Dipper win, we ain't got a chance of catching City but Liverpool are rivals for top 4, it's tough getting my brain to accept that though cos I hate those cunts. I hate both of them, but the Dippers? Fucking nasty as fuck those blokes.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Watching Liverpool v City I suppose I should be hoping for a Dipper win, we ain't got a chance of catching City but Liverpool are rivals for top 4, it's tough getting my brain to accept that though cos I hate those cunts. I hate both of them, but the Dippers? Fucking nasty as fuck those blokes.
A draw is good or definitely Liverpool loss.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
A draw is good or definitely Liverpool loss.
Is a draw good though? Even my very strange brain can't make a case for us catching City, 18 points in 15 games? Nah, not on your nelly. Dippers lose and we go 4th and get settled in nice an comfy in the top 4. A draw would of course be better than a Klippety Klop win but I 'should' want them to be battered, but Blood money City get on my tits, especially that cheating little cunt Sterling, and I don't like Pep, whinges like a girl when it goes wrong.

United will probably be thumped by Stoke tomorrow night so a great weekend all round! OK, maybe not, Stoke are really, really pony but you never know do you?

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Is a draw good though? Even my very strange brain can't make a case for us catching City, 18 points in 15 games? Nah, not on your nelly. Dippers lose and we go 4th and get settled in nice an comfy in the top 4. A draw would of course be better than a Klippety Klop win but I 'should' want them to be battered, but Blood money City get on my tits, especially that cheating little cunt Sterling, and I don't like Pep, whinges like a girl when it goes wrong.

United will probably be thumped by Stoke tomorrow night so a great weekend all round! OK, maybe not, Stoke are really, really pony but you never know do you?
No you're right City are done and dusted at the top and I don't like them or Pep for the same reasons as you. It's all about the next 3 from 4...Arsenal are shite. So Liverpool loss works well for us.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
No you're right City are done and dusted at the top and I don't like them or Pep for the same reasons as you. It's all about the next 3 from 4...Arsenal are shite. So Liverpool loss works well for us.
Oh bollox, the fucking Dippers are ripping them to fucking bits. City are like Arsenal today, maybe they'll fuck up the title now? 2nd in a one horse race?

Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Stupid Klop jumping around like a complete spasmo really gets on my wick, should never have been that close, Liverpool are crap if they can't keep a clean sheet against a well out of form City. Suppose this means the League is wide open again then :p

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Oh bollocks.....at least Liverpool will lose several games yet.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I too am not a fan...