By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Reasons to be cheerful PT 1

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Going to be tough to out do last year,or is it???
Here are somethings that should help this season and give us reasons to be optimistic.

1&2 Pritchard and Njie back
CmRdp0AWEAAODbl.jpg

This is almost like two new signings in theory.

3,Wanyama signing:
Cl1D_7mWAAAsoiH.jpg

This is a new signing!!good cover at least for Dier and Mousa,good enough to be week in week out??if he is thats even better news.

4.Experience gained 15/16
Youngest squad in the PL,surely one year on the experience gained should help,especially for new signings Alli,Son and Wimmer,and lets not forget Kane is still a kid but feels like he has been around for ages,same with eriksen.

5.Confidence from having been there and achieved CL
Well we only lost one game to the usual big 5 around us (not going to dignify leics!) and that was 1st game where we bossed it and Kyle scored and own goal winner for united,and points wise we drew with arse,chavs and pool both home and away so a win and a defeat would actually give us more points if you like that side of the argument??Also Poch is learning his trade and the deadwood has now been cut out ,this is his squad and if he is as succesful in using them as before we can still not only achieve the same but also can improve and go higher.

6.New Striker option
watch this space!!!!

7.More promising youngsters on the horizon
Shayon Harrison,walker-peters,carter vickers, all a year better off along with Winks and Onomah who already joined the squad in patches last season.Let the conveyor belt of yid talent roll on.

8.The scum still havent signed a defender
:D:D:D

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh yeah and some chaps have spent the last few years trying to convince me that playing thursday is a curse and statistically pure doom,no thursdays this year (at least until feb ;))

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
In the brief spells of Clinton last season, he still looked really light weight and being injured nearly all season was a blow and a bit of a worry. In regards to Pritchard, I want to see him sent on loan to burnley or Bournemouth or someone like that. Would prefer to see him have 6 months to break into the premier league. Overall a good post pal and your right !! There are a lot of things to look forward to. Do you reckon the decrease of fans at the ground next year will have an impact on the atmosphere ?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I nearly said atmosphere as a positive,except a few corporate and thomas cook packages its members and STHs all the way this year.And with it being last year place is going to be rocking every match.
I was less than impressed really with clinton tbh but he had few chances to settle,but he is fast and slippery as Ire in a vat of dwarf lube,first year new league,team,language this season has got to be better for the lad!!Same applies to Son in a way too.I am actually gagging to see pritch get a chance with us,guy deserves 6 months before january to see if it is gonna work out for him,he has talent.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
I just think Pritchard will be thrown in the deep end as he hasn't played in the premiership properly. I think 6 months or a season at a new hungry promoted team could do him good. Son was OK last year but it was his settling in season. Next year I expect more. I'm still hot and cold about Lamela even though I do like him.

T

Thfcshady27

Player in Training.
Founding Member
Wasn't pritchard supposed to be on the way out or was that just the usual media horse shit?
Personally id like to keep him and like nundy says said him on loan preferably to a premier league club for six months to see how it goes.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Wasn't pritchard supposed to be on the way out or was that just the usual media horse shit?
Personally id like to keep him and like nundy says said him on loan preferably to a premier league club for six months to see how it goes.
Some teams enquired i think,same as mason,bentaleb,carroll.Would like the guy to have a fair crack.Lending him to Pullis was ridiculous,may as well stayed at spurs.

Thfcire

Thfcire

Founding Member
I'm. Walking around and I've cut my foot ..sorry wrong thread lol

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
@skiathospurs are you starting music threads in disguise?? 'Say hello wave goodbye'...'reasons to be cheerful'.....can we expect 'Simply the best' and We are the Champions later in the season??

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@skiathospurs are you starting music threads in disguise?? 'Say hello wave goodbye'...'reasons to be cheerful'.....can we expect 'Simply the best' and We are the Champions later in the season??
When we sign huntelaar I m gonna go all buzzcocks "ever fallen in love" :p

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Reasons to be cheerful? We're here, they're not.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh yeah another reason,in club photos yesterday Marcus Edwards training with the squad!!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Oh yeah another reason,in club photos yesterday Marcus Edwards training with the squad!!
So hope this bloke turns out to be our Messi in a few years....don't trust his agent though...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
So hope this bloke turns out to be our Messi in a few years....don't trust his agent though...
Yeah can see a Raheem sterling situation sometime.
Back to the OP shame Pritch and poss Njie may not be required,but if thats what Poch wants its what he should get!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Another reason--we actually have another striker, and he looks (to me at least) like he can do the business...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Another reason--we actually have another striker, and he looks (to me at least) like he can do the business...
well he cant do worse than benteke,ballotelli,falcao.........
We are in a better place as squad this season definatly!

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
well he cant do worse than benteke,ballotelli,falcao.........
We are in a better place as squad this season definatly!
At the very very least, he looks like the sort of player that can come on and hold the ball up a goal up or nick the odd goal when we're a goal down. We desperately needed a plan B, and that seems like the bare minimum of what he can do. Victor's looking like a very sensible buy too. I'm more optimistic than I've been in a long time.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foo...nd-bid-for-premier-league-title-a3309236.html

Mauricio Pochettino is targeting another Premier League title challenge with Tottenham in the forthcoming season as he attempts to turn Spurs into a 'winning club.'

The Argentinian coach transformed Spurs into unlikely contenders last term only to see his young side fall short in the final weeks of the season and finish in third place.

However, a top-four finish represents impressive progress for the north Londoners, who are set to compete in the Champions League for only the second time in their history this season.

Pochettino is adamant competing in Europe's primary club competition will pose new challenges to his squad but remains determined to go again and fight for the title.
The Champions League demands more energy - physical and mental," he told the Daily Mail.

"We need to be careful how we manage that and the expectation and the demands. For me our challenge is to be consistent and consolidate our club in the top.
And, is it possible to win the Premier League? Why not? We need to try again, no?"

Spurs have often been regarded as a side with a soft underbelly throughout the modern era but Pochettino's high-energy, aggressive brand of football has started to change such an unwanted reputation.

And the 44-year-old has challenged his team to continue to play on the edge if they are to be successful in the future.

"We hear a lot about Tottenham and it’s always that we’re an easy team to play, who never show enough passion or aggression.

"But we’ve started to change our mentality. To be a winning club, you always need to play on the limit.In football, to compete, to be a winner, you need to play on the limit. Always," he insisted. Spurs face Inter Milan in their final pres-season friendly on August 5

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Lots of good stuff on the official club website and here http://viewer.zmags.com/publication/9077d878#/9077d878/1

About our club in general both football, community and behind the scenes.

I initially thought that Lewis and Levy were simply building the club up for a massive sale and a huge profit. They probably still are but in doing so are also potentially building a new dynasty...we're getting bigger all the time on so many levels. Good stuff generally speaking.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
The pleasant turn of hot weather and willingness of women for showing lots of flesh... Especially their fun bags...

That is a reason to be cheerful today.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
You can all fuck off with your fucking cheerfulness, it is getting on my tits you are like a bunch of grinning fucking mormons knocking on my door bringing me the good news about that bloke on a stick they keep banging on about.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
You can all fuck off with your fucking cheerfulness, it is getting on my tits you are like a bunch of grinning fucking mormons knocking on my door bringing me the good news about that bloke on a stick they keep banging on about.
Cheer up mate it's a bank holiday weekend. shoot a few tourists at Durdle Door?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Cheer up mate it's a bank holiday weekend. shoot a few tourists at Durdle Door?
watch that west ham fan video a few times that will make anyone smile in these parts

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Several more reasons to be cheerful........
1. I've just turned my Spurs Calender to 'September' Christian Eriksen has replaced Nacer Chadli, literally and metaphorically.
2. N'jie and Bentaleb are on loan so if GKN and Sissoko don't work out then we can have them back.
3. We now look like a stronger and definitely bigger unit for a long tough season and certainly won't be bossed around. Hope Son turns the corner this season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Now here's Dier extending his contract. Talk that Walker is about to do the same.

https://www.theguardian.com/footbal...ric-dier-five-year-contract-tottenham-hotspur
was gonna put this in his player chat,but will do it here!!
He is our future captain,the right playing position,the right attitude/drive/mentality,he is our millenial Perryman,and that is high praise indeed as StevieP is my all time fav spurs player.To think merely a year ago all the wailing as we didnt sign schneidelin and we dared to play Dier as DM in front of nabil...well that turned out well.(unless you are nabil ofc!)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
LONDON -- Mauricio Pochettino has "promised" that another Tottenham Hotspur player will sign a new contract in the coming days after Eric Dier agreed a five-year deal on Tuesday.

"I can only promise in the next few days that another player will have the same news that happened with Eric Dier," the Spurs manager told a news conference.

Sources have told ESPN FC that Kyle Walker is close to agreeing a new long-term deal with the club, while Jan Vertonghen and Danny Rose are in advanced talks, and Harry Kane and Erik Lamela continue to negotiate with the club.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Harry in another new deal......

He literally just signed one.