By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Rodrigo Bentancur

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Who would want to be a ref in this environment? Time to end VAR and let the refs call the game again.
I'll be honest mate, were part of the problem.

Us, pundits, managers, players and even clubs calling out poor decisions undermines their authority and does nothing to make it better.

I'm not saying they're above scrutiny but it's verging on a witch hunt every weekend.

I think the FA needs to grow some bollocks and as you say deal with VAR (get shot of the cunt) and accept no mouthing off form anyone. It's a simple thing that will instil respect and authority.

Referees make rough calls and on the whole do their job well. Human error is going to happen to anything where humans are involved... I don't want robot referees although if we keep going ,that's how it will inevitably end up.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Sadly I think the powers that be have decided that the solution to VAR's problems is more VAR. FIFA literally just suggested expanding it to include more decisions than goals/penalties/red cards. I think they're going to try it in one of the youth tournaments. Rather than abandon it, they'll just change the rules to fit it.

Hopefully the VAR will be asleep when we play Villa at their place--I'm looking forward to seeing Matty Cash getting kicked over the Holte end by Romero.

Reactions: Yid
Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
I'll be honest mate, were part of the problem.

Us, pundits, managers, players and even clubs calling out poor decisions undermines their authority and does nothing to make it better.

I'm not saying they're above scrutiny but it's verging on a witch hunt every weekend.

I think the FA needs to grow some bollocks and as you say deal with VAR (get shot of the cunt) and accept no mouthing off form anyone. It's a simple thing that will instil respect and authority.

Referees make rough calls and on the whole do their job well. Human error is going to happen to anything where humans are involved... I don't want robot referees although if we keep going ,that's how it will inevitably end up.
Yep, but do think if the FA and Howard Webb goes about this the right way, dissent will be a thing of the past.
Any discussion on the pitch regarding a decision should be with captains only..First back chat from anyone other than that = Yellow...Second offence = Black (Sin bin for 15 mins) Third = Red.
Any diving = Sin bin 15 mins. (Isolate them and make sure hes on the big screen for maximum embarrassment)
They'll soon cut it out...but the officials have to be strong and together otherwise it'll just fade away once again as usual.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Yep, but do think if the FA and Howard Webb goes about this the right way, dissent will be a thing of the past.
Any discussion on the pitch regarding a decision should be with captains only..First back chat from anyone other than that = Yellow...Second offence = Black (Sin bin for 15 mins) Third = Red.
Any diving = Sin bin 15 mins. (Isolate them and make sure hes on the big screen for maximum embarrassment)
They'll soon cut it out...but the officials have to be strong and together otherwise it'll just fade away once again as usual.
I agree mate, but imo it won't happen because there's no money in it... It'd cost them financially and reputationally. The referees need to grow some plums. Say that they're struggling to recruit etc because of the abuse given to referees at every level every weekend.

Managers need to be an exemplar. This is where player behaviour stems from and that is seen by millions of kids.

It's a shit show right now imo.