By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Stats!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
After 26 games played we have a huge 7 points more than any previous season in the PL., our previous highest points haul was 53 in the 2012 and 2017 seasons. But, our current position is 3rd when in 2016 we were sitting in 2nd place after 26 with a measly 51 points, that was that funny season when Leicester won the PL and everyone else in the league was a bit pony. We have improved hugely but so have the opposition!

AFter-26.jpg

Another interesting stat - Sonny is now 8th in the top PL scorers list, Harry is still sitting in 4th, just 3 behind Salah and Ageuro - so plenty of time to overtake them when he recovers from his injury and provides his usual end of season goal blitz.

13 different blokes have scored in the Premiership so far this season - I expect this list to get bigger as Sissoko MUST score one day, Toby will net one from a Trippier corner and Danny Rose looks like he could bang one in.

Scorers.jpg

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Good stuff, we could do with a few more goals from Eriksen and Dele when they get round to it.....take the pressure off Harry and Sonny.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Harry Kane needs just 22 more goals to knock Les Ferdinand out of the the 10th place in the all-time Premier League strikers list. That's another milestone nailed on for Harry this season. I have a dream - he stays with us for another 5 or 6 seasons and smashes Alan Shearer's 260 Premier League goal total.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Harry Kane needs just 22 more goals to knock Les Ferdinand out of the the 10th place in the all-time Premier League strikers list. That's another milestone nailed on for Harry this season. I have a dream - he stays with us for another 5 or 6 seasons and smashes Alan Shearer's 260 Premier League goal total.

i saw he has overtaken aguero`s goals per game ratio now 0.70 if thats correct??

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
i saw he has overtaken aguero`s goals per game ratio now 0.70 if thats correct??
Dunno mate, there's so many different ways of doing statistics, I use MPG - Minutes Per Goal, it seems the fairest ... hang on a minute and I'll ask my 'puter............

In the Premier league Aguero has scored 165 in 248 games - 0.66532 goals per game
Harry kane has scored 127 in 182 games - 0.6978 goals per game ( OK, 70%!)

You are correct sir.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Dunno mate, there's so many different ways of doing statistics, I use MPG - Minutes Per Goal, it seems the fairest ... hang on a minute and I'll ask my 'puter............

In the Premier league Aguero has scored 165 in 248 games - 0.66532 goals per game
Harry kane has scored 127 in 182 games - 0.6978 goals per game ( OK, 70%!)

You are correct sir.
Anyway there are so many variables,how do you include aguero is serviced by the likes of debruyne,sterling and kane has been serviced by the likes of mason and townsend,but then wouldnt account for why wilfred bony is now playing for newport after a big money move to city.
Can I ask and I feel dirty for asking where does drogba stack up in all this?

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

You can find all the Premier league strikers there and twiddle the sorting around for goals, MPG etc. Click on the geezer and see all sorts of wonderful (useless?) stats. It should be kosher, I've been fighting the fucker for months to get the data in shape!

Drogba is 27th in the number of goals scored in the PL, 104 goals, MPG 169 - so pony really!

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member

You can find all the Premier league strikers there and twiddle the sorting around for goals, MPG etc. Click on the geezer and see all sorts of wonderful (useless?) stats. It should be kosher, I've been fighting the fucker for months to get the data in shape!

Drogba is 27th in the number of goals scored in the PL, 104 goals, MPG 169 - so pony really!
Has Kane overtaken Agu........oh never mind, that was from a time long long ago

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Has Kane overtaken Agu........oh never mind, that was from a time long long ago
That's the great thing about statistics - you can always find a way to prove whatever you want. 100% of people surveyed think Brexit is wankt - true. (Survey carried out by Dorsetpoll, 2 people chosen at random in my house). Harry Kane, as pointed out by @skiathospurs has now scored more Premier League goals per game than Aguero, so let's use that measure. If Kane stays with us or in the Premier League with another club...... nasty thought, I nearly choked on my 19 cents a can Lidls beer.... then he could become the all time great, overtaking Shearer, but overtaking Aguero's Minute Per Goal will be tough, unless Aguero stays in the Premiership and starts playing like a wazzock.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Didn’t realise how good Shearer really was and talking of farking blimey.....Tony Cottee, who knew??
Mate I was waiting for the corrections - disappointed. Of course he didn't score 516 in 357! It was 357 in 516. Theres' some really interesting stats on that page eh?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Didn’t realise how good Shearer really was and talking of farking blimey.....Tony Cottee, who knew??
Sure I read that he was the last west ham player to get 20 in a season,doesnt suprise me.Not that he scored 20,but its been so long since someone has.....

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Kane could yet improve too!

It's always hard to compare an active players for retired ones.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Shearer 'went off the boil' in his later Premier League seasons

Here's Harry's so far:

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member

also doesnt account for players serving them up chances,some periods Kane had bentaleb,mason,townsend,aguero had debruyne,yaya,sterling,its only accurate in so far as a figure,not the players talent.Obviously to be on a list like that you are pretty good!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
also doesnt account for players serving them up chances,some periods Kane had bentaleb,mason,townsend,aguero had debruyne,yaya,sterling,its only accurate in so far as a figure,not the players talent.Obviously to be on a list like that you are pretty good!
Yep, it's really unfair giving all the credit to the goalscorer. It's like when you go to a restaurant, if the bloke doing the washing up doesn't do his job properly your fillet steak will give you dodgy guts. There no 'am' in team.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
THESE STATS ARE NOT BOLLOCKS Anymore! They were nearly right, but I got muddled with points per game and points per team.

@Don Diaz quite correctly stated recently that Mike Dean is a cunt. This is an indisputable fact. But just how much of a cunt is he?

I have been working on producing some referee stats for what seems like a hundred years, it was farking tricky, I tried poking all the keys on my keyboard but nothing happened so I had to write a fuck load of code. Here are some juicy stats, I can only get the data starting from the 2000-2001 season, but 18 years of numbers for the sausage machine is not bad

Mike Dean is the 2nd strictest ref ,second only to Mike Riley in PPM (points per match - 1 for yellow, 3 for 2nd yellow, 5 for red). Dean's average is 4.54, Riley scored 4.68. Dean is the strictest current PL ref.

But Mike Dean is not biased against us! We score less than his average PPM score when he blows the whistle in our games - 2.14, He don't like them Chavs, who does? He has awarded 6 straight reds against Chelsea which is obviously not enough.

In the list of our favourite refs (geezers that score low PPMs and didn't punish us too badly) - Mike Dean is 35th out 47 with a PPTTPM Points Per Team Per Match of 2.08 - boooooo! A shock result was that Chris fucking Foy is in the top 10 of nice guys, he scored 1.2!

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Ref stats above are NOT total bollocks now, the ratios were right, but the numbers which were stupid are now not - maybe.

Last edited:
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Recent form table - this is pony! 1 win in our last 6 Premier League matches.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Clean Sheets Table 2019-2020 Premier League so far:

1577900028935.png

• Wow
Reactions: Yid