By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tanguy Ndombele

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
Founding Member
I'd say it cost us a fortune. But it's the right thing for everyone. Don't know where he goes from here tbh. Could probably go to a club in the second tier of the French league or never be heard of again. Sad, considering the talent he possess.
I'd say it has to be one of the worst transfers of all time but for all the wrong reasons I suppose. He had the physicality to be an absolute beast and he had the skill and eye for a pass to go with it but his attitude just wasn't there.

Maybe Poch was the "arm around the shoulder" manager he needed and when he was sacked that was when it all went to shit. I'd wager the latter might end up happening personally and he'll fade into obscurity.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I couldn't give a flying fuck what the cunt does...

He was a lazy useless charlatan... He can fuck off to wherever he pleases as long as I don't ever have to see or hear of him again...

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Alright you lot. I'll be called a cunt for saying this, but TD was the right target, had the right attributes, and was one of the best players we brought in, lo these many years.

It didn't work out, I'm glad he's gone/leaving but it had nothing to do with his diet, effort or even application. He was a misunderstood genius, who will rightly be branded a failure, but I for one will miss him.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Founding Member
Alright you lot. I'll be called a cunt for saying this, but TD was the right target, had the right attributes, and was one of the best players we brought in, lo these many years.

It didn't work out, I'm glad he's gone/leaving but it had nothing to do with his diet, effort or even application. He was a misunderstood genius, who will rightly be branded a failure, but I for one will miss him.
I agree with a lot of the above.

Many of us had high hopes for him after he outshone Citeh's midfield prior to joining us. That definitively showed that he had the potential to compete against the best in the Prem. He obviously couldn't do it consistently in his new surroundings. His technical skills & dynamic play seemed to flicker only occasionally.
Ultimately he didn't come anywhere close to the promise he initially showed.

We're on the outside looking in so we have little idea of what went on or wrong during his stay with us.

No idea where he goes from here. The last 5 years have been a professional bust for everyone involved other than his pocketbook.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member

One of my boys and I have a disagreement about this. He thinks as you do.

Personally I think Tanguy would’ve been brilliant 20 years ago, but just struggled with the pace of the modern PL.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Silly cunt.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Ah yes, indeed you will be called a cunt for saying that. He might have had the right attributes but without the right attitude - he's also a useless cunt. Misunderstood genius? Oh fuck off. It had everything to do with his diet, effort and application - too much, nowhere near enough and fuck all.

Last edited:
Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Look you can be a fat cunt and still be very fucking good...

However, you can't be a lazy fat cunt because you'll get found out almost immediately...

I understand why we brought him because if you'd have got into him and convinced him working hard for the team was the key to him being a top professional, fulfilling his potential and becoming an absolute worldy, the raw ingredients were all there.

He's not fit to be talked about in the same breath as him, but he had the airs of "The Moose" about how he used his strength, guile and intelligence... But we only saw a few mins of that and much more of the surely, entitled, whiney cunt who couldn't be fucked to become the player he deserved to be.

Remember, this twat has wasted more talent than Skipp or Winks had who kept him from getting near a start for Spurs...

Fuck that guy.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I wonder how much his pay off was?

Surely not the whole of his contract
Who gives a fuck pal, forget this joker...

Honestly, try not to remember him... Just the same way we all don't remember Gilberto...

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
Who gives a fuck pal, forget this joker...

Honestly, try not to remember him... Just the same way we all don't remember Gilberto...

Nothing memorable about him

Absolute waste of space and money

I’m hearing from ‘Last Word on Spurs’ site that we are preparing a £40 million bid for Toney!

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Nothing memorable about him

Absolute waste of space and money

I’m hearing from ‘Last Word on Spurs’ site that we are preparing a £40 million bid for Toney!
I quite like Last Word on Spurs, and I do listen to most of their shows, however they are slipping into the territory of speculation and opinion to generate links and viral commentary.

Which is a shame, as Ricky is a decent host and Crackers comes across well.

Reading, posting or discussing transfer stories from goal.com, transfer net.com etc is not really worth the time of day. Again, it’s to generate buttons clicks to increase ad revenue.

For more accurate and honest stories, I would recommend David Ornstein at the Athletic and Alasdair Gold at Football.London. Both are trained and experienced journalists with good connections.

The podcast ’Gold and Guest Talk Tottenham’ is also excellent and full of information from someone who actually has a relationship and connection with the club.

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
I quite like Last Word on Spurs, and I do listen to most of their shows, however they are slipping into the territory of speculation and opinion to generate links and viral commentary.

Which is a shame, as Ricky is a decent host and Crackers comes across well.

Reading, posting or discussing transfer stories from goal.com, transfer net.com etc is not really worth the time of day. Again, it’s to generate buttons clicks to increase ad revenue.

For more accurate and honest stories, I would recommend David Ornstein at the Athletic and Alasdair Gold at Football.London. Both are trained and experienced journalists with good connections.

The podcast ’Gold and Guest Talk Tottenham’ is also excellent and full of information from someone who actually has a relationship and connection with the club.

Thanks for the info and I often read Alasdair Gold

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
So it’s properly official now. I must confess I’ll probably keep an eye on him just to see who takes a punt on him.

He’s allegedly trousered £5m to pay up the remainder of his deal.

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
So it’s properly official now. I must confess I’ll probably keep an eye on him just to see who takes a punt on him.

He’s allegedly trousered £5m to pay up the remainder of his deal.

It won’t be anyone in this country surely?

Last edited:
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
The hotdog eating contest is in the next month over here. johnny chestnut (the X time champion) was just DQ'd. Maybe he can fill the spot?

• Haha
Reactions: Yid
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Founding Member
It won’t be anyone in this country surely?
I really can't see it, no. I'm sure I read that we offered him to a championship side for £3 or £4 million and they said no.

Galatasaray might sign him permanently as he's been on loan with them while they've won the league but I'd be surprised if they pay him silly money in wages though, even account for no transfer fee.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
xoy213y3t76d1.jpeg

DMackay

DMackay

Player in Training.
I really can't see it, no. I'm sure I read that we offered him to a championship side for £3 or £4 million and they said no.

Galatasaray might sign him permanently as he's been on loan with them while they've won the league but I'd be surprised if they pay him silly money in wages though, even account for no transfer fee.

Maybe Saudi bound

Who’d want him?