By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

The scum H (PL) Sunday 6th December 2020 16.30

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Big blow that is and them having Partey back is a fucker! GLC needs to step up to the plate big time.
He worries me a bit,likes to play without the beef to back it up,scared he may get picked off.I reckon we will park the bus,sit and play up to son,kane bergwijn.
Week ago I was confident,now I am nervy as usual,hope the players are focused and get into them.

COYS

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
He worries me a bit,likes to play without the beef to back it up,scared he may get picked off.I reckon we will park the bus,sit and play up to son,kane bergwijn.
Week ago I was confident,now I am nervy as usual,hope the players are focused and get into them.

COYS

I feel exactly the same mate.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No TND, Lo Celso needs to step up, why play TND last Thursday? This game gets won and lost in midfield?

c’mon Spurs just win, don’t care how just win
Apparently its not an injury,sickness is the scoop doing the rounds.Declared himself unfit is being mentioned.

But Toby is back,if we are playing hail mary hoofs,that is crucial.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
yessssssssssssssssssssssssssssgfjkgfshkbvvbvbnkvbvbkxzvbknv cvb

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Now Jose, keep doing it, dont settle....inilate them!

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Decent position to be in at ht but I do hope we go for the 3rd.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
The Mourinho way is working, I can't argue with that and I very much like going in at half-time 2-0 against the goons. Two great goals scored against the run of play, we had fuck-all possession in that half - we are top of the table, how? I don't fucking know do I?

OK, I will stop whingeing about the Mourinho way, I don't like it, I never will, but it's working.

How about a new drinking game? Every time Xhaka should get a yellow card have a drink, I have had a few,

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
The Mourinho way is working, I can't argue with that and I very much like going in at half-time 2-0 against the goons. Two great goals scored against the run of play, we had fuck-all possession in that half - we are top of the table, how? I don't fucking know do I?

OK, I will stop whingeing about the Mourinho way, I don't like it, I never will, but it's working.

How about a new drinking game? Every time Xhaka should get a yellow card have a drink, I have had a few,

How GLC got one but Xhaka doesn't...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Said in another thread about he sets up and the trap against high pressing sides,so how when they know it,watch us do it for 44mins do they fall for the trap and we end up 4 vs 2 in the 45th minute.They are either not following direction or arteta should have stuck to putting cones out for baked bean head.
I suspect both.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
C'mon, get on the front foot.
No more of this single digit % possession!

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
Their keeper just kicked the ball in our half.....we'll get the points, maybe, and go top of the league.... great. But this is fucking awful shite....

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
I'm more than a bit bored so I've just been watching Hojbjerg the whole second half. He is an extraordinary player.

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Judging by the players reaction after the game, they absolutely love winning.

I love winning, and I don’t care how we do it. Players are so in control of these games it’s unreal. They are dying for the shirt and scoring unbelievable goals

long may this continue!

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
That was total fucking rubbish. I should be bouncing around all ver the place celebrating a 2-0 win over the scum, but I am not. I don't want to watch 88 minutes of the goons practising passing (I have gone all legal and am actually paying to watch footy now - DAZN costs €8.99 a month in Spain for all the Premier League games, boxing, UFC and loads of other sports, a great deal!).

If we play like that against a decent side we will be fucking mullahed. Pony, total pony.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

I love winning, and I don’t care how we do it. Players are so in control of these games it’s unreal. They are dying for the shirt and scoring unbelievable goals

long may this continue!
I care a lot about how we do it - can you hear that noise? That's Sir Bill turning in his grave.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

long may this continue!

If Mourinho has drilled his defensive tactics into the players, we can then rest assured that those on the pitch will execute to a T while giving the opposition 95% possession. This assurance then gives us fans the opportunity to do something more enjoyable for the last 45 mins of each match & then come back to see the score has not changed.

Not to be misunderstood. I want Spurs to win & the analytical side of me doesn't mind studying the defensive structure but if nothing more of interest is going to happen, I could go outside & watch the grass grow.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Defending is an art... and we're very very good at it now...

Scoring and passing is also an art and we're very good at that too now...

I fully appreciate both art forms and enjoy watching both...

I enjoy watching one more than the other by a considerable.margin...

I love beating the scum and both of these art forms combined to afford me that pleasure...

I'm not gonna whine about it, now is not the time.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
If Mourinho has drilled his defensive tactics into the players, we can then rest assured that those on the pitch will execute to a T while giving the opposition 95% possession. This assurance then gives us fans the opportunity to do something more enjoyable for the last 45 mins of each match & then come back to see the score has not changed.

Not to be misunderstood. I want Spurs to win & the analytical side of me doesn't mind studying the defensive structure but if nothing more of interest is going to happen, I could go outside & watch the grass grow.
Exactly--I can respect good defending. That's why I admire Hojbjerg so much. Alderweireld was brilliant as well, btw. But two things. First, as you say, the second half was unwatchable. Second, it's not like we showed much attacking intent in the first half--we just caught them on the break, which they didn't look prepared for because they are very poorly coached right now IMO. Good tactics, sure, but if we hadn't scored those two goals, I fully expect we'd have played for the 0-0, like last week.

At the same time, I don't begrudge anybody who's totally delighted with the result, our league position, and even with our play. Different fans are going to want and get different things out of football.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
7 points from 9 playing,city,chelsea,arsenal is stuff of dreams.I`ll wait until we slip up and it goes pete before I put the boot in.
They played ok,or as well as we would let them,an important creative midfielder missing,tactically it was all that was needed.

They can keep the ball and we`ll keep the points.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
7 points from 9 playing,city,chelsea,arsenal is stuff of dreams.I`ll wait until we slip up and it goes pete before I put the boot in.
They played ok,or as well as we would let them,an important creative midfielder missing,tactically it was all that was needed.

They can keep the ball and we`ll keep the points.
Yeah, a Modric in this side to transition play would be fucking crazy... time to return for Isco.....?

N'dombelé cab do it at times for 60 mins... wonder what his issue was today?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Lets not fight now,plenty of time for that lads,we just beat the scum,so take the time to fucking laugh at those south london muppets.

J.spurs

J.spurs

Founding Member
Yeah, a Modric in this side to transition play would be fucking crazy... time to return for Isco.....?

N'dombelé cab do it at times for 60 mins... wonder what his issue was today?
Thought Lo Celso was good in that respect--especially on the second goal

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Don’t understand how some fans want us to go guns ho in the second half when we have a 2 goal lead and in no danger of losing.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
Lets not fight now,plenty of time for that lads,we just beat the scum,so take the time to fucking laugh at those south london muppets.

Don't get me wrong. Just like you & others, I'm pleased with the result & our position in the table.
It's just the realization that once we get the lead, Mourinho has afforded me more free time to do something else in the 2nd half.