By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

  • Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

    Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.


    Join us!

THST - Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Trust

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#31
http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/report-of-thst-meeting-with-the-spurs-board-20-february-2018

1. Outstanding action points from last meeting on 2 May
1.1 THST to assist THFC with comms encouraging the use of public transport / stations from August 2018 and promoting walking routes to the stadium. ACTION: DMC/ KL/ MC - TBA August 2018

1.2 DMC to inform KL/ MC when station renaming reaches public consultation stage. ACTION: DMC - Ongoing

1.3 Discussion around premium seat holders access to away tickets. ACTION: IM/ KL/ MC - Completed

1.4 DMC to arrange for presentation of Club’s plans around Safe Standing once ready
DMC to share custom made safe seating design and talk through plans for future proofing the new stadium for any change in legislation allowing safe standing areas.
Clear communications will be shared ahead of the season ticket sales process to ensure any fan purchasing in that area is aware of a possible change to a safe standing area at a future point in time. THST expressed a willingness to work with THFC to enable this.
DMC confirmed the Away section at the new ground will also have some seating future proofed for safe standing.
DMC acknowledged this was important for atmosphere.
KL updated on national fan organisation campaign approach focusing around a choice to sit and a choice to stand.
There had been no further update from the Premier League since their consultation piece last year. The Premier League continues to undertake detailed research on this subject. ACTION: DMC - DMC to share designs and plans for futureproofing

1.5 JW to follow up with KL/ MC re: dedicated Club customer service/ ticketing social media channel
Consultation has taken place around this with new customer service hire with the Club looking to develop a social media functionality within the iSpurs platform. The timeline for this is by the end of 2018.
At present, this was considered a better option than a dedicated Twitter or Facebook customer service/ ticketing account but both are under review. ACTION: JW - JW to update towards close of 2018

2. Wrap up on Wembley
2.1 KL asked for key learnings from the Club’s time at Wembley. What lessons could be taken back to the N17?
JB felt that the ability to observe how the national stadium ran on a regular basis and to be able to test and trial new technology and to share experiences and knowledge has been hugely helpful.

2.2 Lessons had been learned in terms of people movement, searching regimes, stewarding numbers. There are 1600-1700 stewards per match across 15 companies at Wembley. Resource can be stretched for midweek fixtures. THFC will work with fewer agencies within the new stadium and will ensure those partners are able to provide well trained staff for midweek matches.
THFC is now tendering with stewarding companies, some of whom work at Wembley, enabling JB to see them in action.
DS assured there would be a team of THFC employed stewards back at the new ground. There was an aim for a continuity across all of the stewarding companies in terms of look (THFC branded jackets) and approach.
A tender is also out for the 24 hour security at the new campus, again with some companies who’ve worked with THFC at Wembley being considered.
JB also felt the chance to observe other non–football events at Wembley had been very helpful moving forward at our own multi-purpose stadium (e.g. NFL).

2.3 Wembley is one of the newest and biggest stadiums in the country so the chance to use their tech had been appreciated. JB reported trials of radio headsets, trials of security arches and other equipment, assessment of their live time ticketing system, their live image CCTV etc. The ability to trial and observe had been invaluable.

2.4 IM reported on a very collaborative approach in terms of Wembley’s ticketing set up.
IM spent match days in the control room, from where it was easier to manage issues than from the physical ticket office.

2.5 DS acknowledged that communications amongst the 15 different stewarding companies at Wembley had been an issue on occasion. Meetings were now held 48 hours in advance of matches, with match day operations starting 6 hours pre kick off.

2.6 JB invited representatives of THST to spend a match day with their safety team – from 6 hours ahead through to close. THST to follow up on this invitation. ACTION: THST to liaise with JB re: shadowing match day

2.7 In terms of ticketing and pricing, KL asked if there had been any lessons learned from Wembley. Any observations on optimum pricing per game?
IM didn’t feel there was a tipping point and that pricing was not the determining factor. That was the opposition, competition and match time more than pricing.

2.8 Considering the Champions League pricing this season, KL asked for assurances that should Spurs progress beyond the Round of 16, any quarter final or semi final would not be priced above Category A.
DL commented that this had never happened and has not been considered at present

2.9 KL asked whether there were lessons learned from the way the ticket exchange has been run this season. Selling 19 games blind when up to 70% move from their original slots without an option to sell on officially wasn’t in the spirit of the service an exchange should provide. KL commented on the infrequency with which the exchange had opened this season.
SB commented that the exchange had opened for 8 out of 14 league matches thus far. KS countered that some of those were with 24-48 hours’ notice, however.
KL stated she hoped the exchange would work far better next season. After getting rid of StubHub, it was a shame it hadn’t worked this season.

2.10 IM explained that the ticket exchange would be operational next season, along with a ticket transfer scheme for home games – called TicketShare. This would allow a ticket holder to forward an eticket to a fellow fan within their network should they not be able to make a game. It would offer a secure way to pass on a ticket. THFC to provide more detail on this ticket transfer tool shortly. ACTION:
IM/ THFC to issue comms on TicketShare


2.11 DMC asked for THST’s assistance in encouraging use of both the official ticket exchange and TicketShare next season.
THST very happy to assist with this. ACTION: DMC/ THST to align comms on Ticket exchange

2.12 KL asked for the Club’s position on touting. THST is frequently contacted by fans concerned by the number of touts at Wembley Park station, particularly.
IM said the Club continues to raise this issue with the Police, but the police have a resource issue and it was deemed less serious than policing the stadium and footprint – the same response the Met gave to THST at a recent fan conference.
In terms of ticketing, the Club bans anyone caught either touting or anyone who’s ticket has ended up in the hands of a tout.
DMC hoped that by moving to a virtually ticketless stadium back in N17, it would make traditional touting very difficult moving forwards.

2.13 KL asked for clarification of the mechanism for allocating FA Cup semi-final or final tickets this season given the influx of new Season Ticket holders. There would be roughly 32,000 tickets for a SF and 28,000 for a Final and potentially large numbers of new Season ticket holders on the same points total.
IM felt that the points awarded throughout the season would have helped separate out the new Season Ticket holders but that the deciding factor would be the number of bronze points held on upgrading to a season ticket should there be a large number all on the same number of points.
THST agreed with this as they felt no new Season Ticket holder should be worse off this season than there were as a bronze member last season. So those bronze members who qualified for tickets through their points totals last year should qualify again this season, in principle.

3. New stadium build and infrastructure
3.1 PH asked whether the stadium build was on schedule, noting that the roof was a little later than anticipated.
DL explained that the compression ring had been completed last weekend and the roof lift was scheduled to be completed in the next fortnight. Bad weather and high winds had caused the minor delay.
DL said the build was incredibly complex and it was impossible to give an exact date as to when the stadium would be completed. However, everyone is working towards being in the new stadium next season and would be extremely disappointed were this not the case.
Once the roof has been completed, there’s still a significant amount of technical work to do.

3.2 PH asked for contingency plans for any over run.
DL said that although a contingency plan was in place everyone was 100% focused on achieving the budgeted timescale. Certainly no talks had been held with Wembley over extending their residency and that there was no intention of activating any extension clause unless it was absolutely necessary.
DL stated he was confident, as far as was possible, that they would hit the build deadline.
Season ticket sales would open in the next few weeks.
DL thought it was likely they would request to play the first few matches of the 2018-19 season away from home. This had always been the case.

3.3 DL confirmed there was no possibility of opening the stadium at a reduced capacity.
SF reassured that any rumours to the contrary on social media had been clarified and corrected.

3.4 PH asked for an update on the progress of ancillary projects and infrastructure, including transport.
DL explained that the construction of the Paxton Buildings had started, where the ticket office would be located.
Work on the Northern Terrace was also in progress, including the highly impressively renovated Percy House – the new home of the Foundation

3.5 As regards transport, DMC commented that the improvement works at Northumberland Park station were all on track, as was Tottenham Hale. The White Hart Lane refurbishment would take until Spring 2019 to complete but would be functional for the start of next season.
Tottenham Hale is actually closer to the ground than Seven Sisters and DMC asked for THST’s assistance in communicating walking routes later in the summer spread across all stations. ACTION: DMC / THST to communicate transport options for new ground

3.6 There are plans for an NFL fan zone. More details to follow on this in due course

3.7 The new stadium will be a public transport destination.
JW outlined the plans for various Park and Ride schemes.
Shuttle buses would run and a national coach route into the stadium is also being explored.
Abellio Greater Anglia are in talks regarding a Park and Ride scheme from Cheshunt, Broxbourne, Harlow and other stations with large car parks.
For the keen cyclists, the High Road is on the CS1 and plenty of bike racks will be made available

3.8 PH asked about planned test events at the new stadium.
DMC said the Club would appreciate help in getting numbers at these as yet undetermined events.
THST would be happy to help. ACTION: DMC to advice THST on test events

3.9 As regards renaming White Hart Lane station, DMC confirmed that the Club was in discussions with TFL, and that the actual station would be moved off White Hart Lane.
KL/ MC would like a heads up when this reaches the public consultation stage. ACTION: As per point 1.2

3.10 PH asked about plans for a grand opening. It was too early to share at this point

3.11 KL requested that JB pick up on the more technical questions regarding floodlighting and pitch watering etc. in the members’ question pack, collated by THST, after the meeting. ACTION: JB to respond to more technical questions in members’ pack

3.12 MG asked whether the stadium build cost had increased since our last meeting.
DL said he’d never put an exact figure on the stadium cost but it had risen for a variety of reasons. There are 2100 workers on site 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.

3.13 MG asked whether, if overall project costs were increasing, this would mean an increase in debt from the £400m facility signed with three banks. What was the refinancing strategy for the current bullet (i.e. interest only) loan?
DL stressed the stadium was fully financed. The Club was very prudently run.
DL felt that additional debt might be raised beyond the current £400m loan.
DL explained that obtaining long term project finance debt on a project of this size would have been difficult and certainly more costly.
DL expected to refinance the debt within 12 months and confirmed the Club had received a number of proposals which the club was considering.

3.14 MG asked whether the NFL opened up the US market in terms of potential sources of finance e.g. public debt markets. DL said that assisted by their advisers, Rothschilds, the club was considering all available options.
The new stadium company (Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Limited) is part of the debt financing arrangements. The rest of the corporate structure of THFC remains the same.

3.15 MG asked about the NFL arrangements. Only 1 had been confirmed for this season. Had the incremental cost of equipping for the NFL been covered from the contracted games and the NFL deal?
DL explained that the NFL contract was a minimum of 20 games over a 10 year period and it was normal practice to start with 1 match in a new venue and make up the other over the following seasons.
DL said the CapEx for the NFL was difficult to carve out separately. The NFL pitch would be also be used by THFC for other events so splitting the capital cost over the life of the asset is not straightforward. DL was confident that the additional investment would provide a positive return. There was also an intangible value in the exposure THFC had in the USA which was not easy to quantify within a P&L

3.16 In terms of the contract with the NFL, SB explained that the NFL owned all of the seats in the stadium for their events. They are effectively tenants.
The NFL take over ticketing and economics of all the seats in the ground.
THFC provides the catering operation for the NFL and may provide the merchandise operation.
The sponsorship inventory belongs to the NFL, not THFC.
While all hospitality areas are theirs, THFC will act as their agents as best placed to sell stadium inventory

3.17 SB then explained more about the catering operation in the new stadium.
THFC is in a Joint Venture with Compass/ Levy Restaurants (no relation) whereby THFC controls the delivery and management of match day catering.
SB says THFC wants to be responsible for the experience fans have inside their stadium, hence retaining control of the process.
All of the kitchens have been financed by THFC. All of the equipment is owned by THFC.
This is unique within the UK – it is an innovative approach.
For the NFL, the delivery of the product will be the same but the NFL is the third party.
RM is THST’s catering lead, who has an ongoing relationship with Levy Restaurants. RM explained the dialogue so far, the feedback from fans, the eagerness to support local businesses and suppliers.
DMC said the Club was also looking at innovative approaches to recycling, food waste and single use plastics. This would all be communicated in due course. ACTION: DMC to update on recycling/ food waste etc. and include RM in comms plan

3.18 In a multi-purpose venue, maintaining the heritage and identity of THFC was important to many fans. MC asked for plans as to how this would be preserved.
DMC confirmed the Club had no plans to name stands after players or managers. They would be remembered through living and breathing history in the new stadium. But there would be badging and identity of the stadium to make it our home.
DMC understood the importance of articulating this fully to fans in due course.
There was much excitement around the museum and the Tottenham Experience, also.
DMC referenced the story on the Club site earlier that day regarding external tiling reflecting heritage. This can be read here. ACTION: DMC to communicate heritage and history plans

3.19 MG asked for an update on naming rights. Many had been expecting an announcement now the stadium was progressing.
DL explained that the stadium financing was not conditional on selling naming rights. THFC are in discussions but they will only contract when they are satisfied with the price, the tenure and the counterparty.
DMC assured that the number required for commercials was in the business plan and the stadium financing meant it was not an essential for the stadium to open
Until such a time that a partner is found, the stadium will be referred to as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

4. Finances and wages
4.1 MG asked when the latest set of THFC accounts were due for release.
DL confirmed the end of March, as usual.

4.2 KS noted the anticipated rise in gate receipts from the Champions League matches at Wembley, placement money in the Premier League, the new broadcast deal etc. Did this provide more leeway for wages? Did THFC allow roughly 50% of income on players?
DL clarified that the Club didn’t operate on a fixed ratio but it was roughly that amount.

4.3 DL noted the perception that Spurs needed to spend money on players. This wasn’t borne out of fact. There are no guarantees. Big money signings are not always successful. MC made the point that that this was more widely recognised by fans and in the media.

4.4 Talk turned to retention of players amid paper talk of contract negotiations and wage caps.
DL felt that Mauricio Pochettino is the best manager in all the time he has been at Tottenham. They see eye to eye in terms of strategy. No player would be sold that MP wanted to stay.
PH mentioned the bonus payments, also. It was felt the bonus structure and incentives should also be considered when discussing players wages as they comprised a significant part of the monies and are the most generous of any club in the Premier League.

4.5 KL explained that, with the move back into the new stadium and with the team on the cusp of really achieving something, there was a real attachment to the players – to the unit – and fans would be upset were that unit to broken. And that the team was the key to the success of the new stadium.
DL referred back to statement that no player would be sold that MP wanted to stay and that this was a different club now.

5. Fan migration and GA ticketing for the new ground
5.1 KL asked for clarification of the plans for moving Season Ticket holders back into the new stadium.
IM commented that another lesson learned from Wembley was that the ‘lift and drop’ of blocks wasn’t the way forward. Pre-empting where people would want to sit last summer had resulted in untold issues with 1,001 permutations.
It would not be a ‘lift and drop’ of blocks moving back into the new ground.

5.2 IM explained the system which THFC feel is the fairest and most robust way to move fans into the new ground and this would be agreed with the Trust ahead of communicating ST sales shortly. ACTION: IM to agree migration plans with THST

5.3 IM confirmed the Ticket Office would share the mechanics by which every ST holder was eligible to purchase a seat clearly – and in good time ahead of the sales windows. This will hopefully allow for conversations between friends and families to take place.

5.4 A 3D ‘view from my seat’ piece of software is being developed (that will be compatible with every browser) to allow ST holders the opportunity to select their seat. IM stressed how impressive this is – and how accurate.
Once sales windows opened, the seat view would be updated overnight to reflect current availability.

5.5 KL asked what the maximum group size was for buying seats together.
IM said it was 20 at present.
KL asked if this could be extended as THST has been approached by numerous groups wanting to move together to preserve atmosphere. Not moving in blocks is one of the major concerns among supporters.
All groups would need to have full names, CRN’s etc. Not just ‘Barry and his cousin from the row behind’. It would need to be organised and a formal process.
KL requested that the Club explore how to facilitate group moves within the same window, accepting the practical issues this may cause but stressing the importance of keeping groups together. If this meant deploying additional resources, THST felt it was important to do so.
It was agreed IM would explore ways of facilitating larger group moves when all ST holders were within the same window. ACTION: IM to explore facilitating group moves into the new ground

5.6 All ST holders are to receive a physical mini-brochure detailing how to pick your seat etc. DMC would like THST to sense check test printing.
THST is happy to oblige. ACTION: DMC to share brochure with THST

5.7 Payment mechanisms were clarified. There would be a deposit taken first and then the balance. Estimated timings were March/April for the deposit and May for the balance – in line with usual timings.

5.8 KL asked whether the deposits had to be paid in one go by the lead booker or whether everyone in that booking could pay their own deposits.
IM clarified the deposit would be paid by the lead booker. There was a discussion around the technology available at this point.
There would be no refunds of deposits. The deposit would come off the cost of the Season Ticket when paying the balance.

5.9 KL asked that the deposit be no more than £20.
DL and SB said they would discuss the deposit amount. ACTION: DL/ SB to confirm deposit amount for ST’s

5.10 KL then raised the issue of Concessions in the new ground.
THST had prepared a paper outlining their thoughts on how Seniors and Juniors should be handled in the new stadium, and appealed for the introduction of a Young Adult category of pricing. This has been circulated in advance.
DMC explained that a Board Meeting was scheduled for Weds 21 February to discuss pricing and concessions and that the paper would feed into those discussions.
With that in mind, the THFC Board preferred not to enter into a discussion on Concessions at this meeting. THST expressed disappointment that submitting a proposal in advance led to less, rather than more, discussion. DMC assured THST that the proposal would be properly considered.

5.11 Similarly, with pricing for the new ground, the Spurs Board were due to meet the next day, Weds 21 February, to discuss pricing of GA areas.
THST shared concerns over a lack of opportunity to have sight of suggested pricing or to feed into any consultation process.
DL stressed that the Club had been looking at pricing for over a year, and that they were familiar with the Trust position. THST’s thoughts would be considered.
DMC committed to share the rationale for pricing with THST after it was agreed.
DMC assured the Club had listened to the Trust as regards stretch pricing and that there would be a variation of price points.
THST recorded its concerns at the attitude expressed. ACTION: DMC to share rationale and context for pricing

5.12 KL reiterated the need to price the South Stand accessibly if atmosphere was desired. Not to price it up because it’s a popular stand.

5.13 RM asked about the pricing of the East stand. Price parity with the West stand was confirmed.
RM and KL made the point that the East and West were not the same. Fans saw the West as the prestigious stand with the Director’s Box and players tunnel etc.
IM confirmed the facilities would be the same in both stands in the new ground.
RM wanted to know where ST holders from the old East would be expected to sit as West prices were considerably higher. Not all East stand patrons are affluent. THFC reiterated the point that all facilities were the same and that there were no bad views.

5.14 KL asked if lessons had been learned from not setting match day pricing before setting ST pricing last season.
KL felt the average gate of 67k could have been improved had the match day tickets been priced more affordably.
SB disagreed. Opposition, competition, time and date of kick off were more important than pricing. THST recorded its concerns at the attitude expressed.
IM commented that Spurs had broken 3 attendance records with Category A pricing.

6. Safety and Security
6.1 With an eye on the move back to N17, MC asked for an update on Haringey SAG.
JB confirmed that all of the old Haringey team was still there, including Bob McIver, and would reconnect with THST over the Summer. ACTION: THST to contact Bob McIver

6.2 JB confirmed that all of Spurs’ stewards were paid the London Living Wage.

6.3 JB and DS explained about steward training programmes – NVQ Level 2 – and a training programme for all staff around THFC and the new stadium.

6.4 In terms of Counter Terrorism measures, JS assured the latest technology was being used and would be evident outside the stadium. New technology would be constantly refreshed.

6.5 JB confirmed there would be a clear bag policy and a small bag policy in the new ground. Details to follow.
THFC were talking with local schools regarding operating bag drops on match days.

6.6 MC asked about the name amnesty previously mentioned for Season ticket holders. It was felt this was something that may be explored in future seasons but not for the coming one.

7. A.O.B
7.1 Catering – had been covered above in 3.17

7.2 Safe Standing – had been covered above in 1.4

7.3 Club customer services channels – had been covered above in 1.5

7.4 Vlogging – KL shared some of the negative feedback from general admission fans who’d been positioned next to vloggers at matches. Particularly away matches. There needed to be a recognition of the impact on those sat next to the vloggers.
KL suggested moving them to the Press area may be an idea.
SF felt that was a place of work and wouldn’t be appropriate for a vlogger.
KL felt it was more appropriate than disturbing the experience of fans who’ve paid to watch their team.
DMC asked that SF contact the vloggers to pass on the feedback and explain the impact on fellow supporters. ACTION: SF to speak with Vloggers

7.5 Winter break – KL asked for the Club’s position on a winter break.
DL said there was no definitive view.
DL asked for the fan position on a winter break.
KL explained that the established position was against on a national level but that any break would need to be fully defined to enable a discussion to be had. This would need to be seen in context of how the break would be achieved i.e. loss of FA Cup replays, two legged League Cup semi finals etc. and what Clubs would do with the time off. Any overseas tours would not be welcomed!
The enforced break owing to the Qatar World Cup would be discussed with the Premier League in due course.

ACTION POINTS

1.1 (and 3.5) THST to assist THFC with comms around transport options for the new stadium over the summer

1.2 (and 3.9) DMC to inform KL/ MC when WHL station renaming reaches public consultation stage

1.4 DMC to share safe standing seating designs and plans for futureproofing stadium with THST

1.5 JW to follow up with KL/ MC re: iSpurs social media functionality towards the end of 2018

2.6 THST to liaise with JB re: shadowing safety team on a match day

2.10 IM / THFC to issue comms on Ticket Share to fans

2.11 DMC / THST to align comms on Ticket exchange – and to encourage use

3.8 DMC to advise THST on test events. THST to help provide numbers

3.11 JB to respond to more technical questions in members’ question pack in writing via THST

3.17 DMC to update on recycling/ food waste etc. and include RM of THST in comms plan

3.18 DMC to communicate heritage and history plans in new ground

5.2 IM to agree migration plans with THST

5.5 IM to explore facilitating group moves into the new ground and to update THST

5.7 DMC to share ‘pick your seat’ mini-brochure with THST for sense checking

5.9 SB and DL to confirm Season Ticket deposit amount with THST

5.11 DMC to share rationale and context for Season Ticket pricing with THST

6.1 THST to contact Bob McIver at Haringey SAG ahead of the new season

7.4 SF to speak with Vloggers to reiterate the impact of vlogging on fellow fans at matches
 
Rev John Ripsher

Rev John Ripsher

Player in Training.
Likes
107
#32
"Until such a time that a partner is found, the stadium will be referred to as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium"

Bye bye White Hart Lane...
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#33
"Until such a time that a partner is found, the stadium will be referred to as Tottenham Hotspur Stadium"

Bye bye White Hart Lane...
They can call the station what they like,but it will still be The Lane and fedex,dicks sporting goods,AIA,whoever can pay what they like,but pretty sure most will still just revert to the lane monika.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#37
Personally I prefer New White Hart Lane but the club will ask the media to call it by the name the club want.
Stoke have had two naming rights for their stadium,can you remember either?or will it just be going away to stoke?and that ground was nowhere near the victoria ground or ever had another name.White hart lane was so named because thats what everybody called it,highbury was infact called arsenal stadium yet became known as highbury.Now emirates,etihad stadium are pretty much called that because of their completely new beginnings with the clubs,but on the same site as the old ground,i dont see anyway spurs fans and most other teams fans wont continue calling it the Lane.Which is perfect,retain our heritage and get paid for a sponsorship which the media may use,but that wont overtake our heritage.
 
Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Likes
302
#38
I think I will call it 'The Lane' purposefully, it feels a bit wrong to call it 'White Hart Lane', that stadium is gone and the name carries my memories of Ginola, Klinsmann, Bale, Dominguez to name but a few...

No 'The Lane' it is, I don't see the need to glue 'new' on either. It starts afresh, ready to crate a new dynasty of glory but with tangible history.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#39
Stoke have had two naming rights for their stadium,can you remember either?or will it just be going away to stoke?and that ground was nowhere near the victoria ground or ever had another name.White hart lane was so named because thats what everybody called it,highbury was infact called arsenal stadium yet became known as highbury.Now emirates,etihad stadium are pretty much called that because of their completely new beginnings with the clubs,but on the same site as the old ground,i dont see anyway spurs fans and most other teams fans wont continue calling it the Lane.Which is perfect,retain our heritage and get paid for a sponsorship which the media may use,but that wont overtake our heritage.
I'd forgotten the Victoria ground, it's the Britannia stadium as far as I know. Is Newcastle still St James park or something else? Bournemouth's old name I've forgotten, think it's the Vitality stadium now? Did Swansea used to be the Vetchfield? now Liberty? Burnley is still Turf Moor as far as I'm aware and Arsenal still 'The Library'..........

White Hart Lane or the Lane for me, always was, always will be.
 
Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Likes
1,567
#40
Levy will be banning fans who refuse to call the Lane by the new name which I will be snubbing without mercy, my snubbing will go into the Guiness Book Of Records for the snubbiest snub ever recorded.

Of course it will still be the Lane, nothing else, unless he names it the "Bill Nicholson Stadium", then I might not snub it - even better "Sir Bill Nicholson's White Hart Lane To Glory", that has a nice ring to it.

I will of course also be snubbing that pox awful American game when it poisons the hallowed ground, not having that American stuff, I did feel a little bit dirty when I went to see Skippy Bugner' fight 'Know what I mean 'arry, Bruno' there. Would Sir Bill have liked fisticuffs going on there? Not if he had watched it that's for sure.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#41
I'd forgotten the Victoria ground, it's the Britannia stadium as far as I know. Is Newcastle still St James park or something else? Bournemouth's old name I've forgotten, think it's the Vitality stadium now? Did Swansea used to be the Vetchfield? now Liberty? Burnley is still Turf Moor as far as I'm aware and Arsenal still 'The Library'..........

White Hart Lane or the Lane for me, always was, always will be.
was opened as the britannia ground.now the bet365 when the fun stops stop stadium I believe.And thats exactly the point no one really remembers.I would hate to be saying i am off to the ........insert brand name stadium,i will always be going to spurs,or the lane.By the time our generation give it up,the next generaion will already be indoctrinated,regardless of if Levy wastes £10m changing the stations name.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#42
was opened as the britannia ground.now the bet365 when the fun stops stop stadium I believe.And thats exactly the point no one really remembers.I would hate to be saying i am off to the ........insert brand name stadium,i will always be going to spurs,or the lane.By the time our generation give it up,the next generaion will already be indoctrinated,regardless of if Levy wastes £10m changing the stations name.
Whilst I understand branding, naming rights and the IP associated with it all, changing the Station name smacks a bit of ego trip to me. It's an unnecessary cost as well.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#43
Whilst I understand branding, naming rights and the IP associated with it all, changing the Station name smacks a bit of ego trip to me. It's an unnecessary cost as well.
yeah it kinda follows on from gillespie road too !!which now has a name as useful as an ice fireguard
 
Glenjamin

Glenjamin

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
491
#45
think we should give the naming rights to that girls shop 'New Look'. Then we're laughing.

New Look WHL

I'll get my coat and leave forever. Bye.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#46
From the SSC forum:

Myself and many of my pals have been going to White Hart Lane for in excess of 30 years, so we’re not johnny-come-latelys. I can honestly say that I am yet to meet anyone who is a fully paid-up member of the Trust, or even anyone who shares their seemingly constant gripe.

In reality, what I and others have always known them to be, is a very small group group of individuals who happen to drink in one pub. They do not represent me at all; they represent themselves and their own self-importance, and that is all.

Be very careful not to appropriate too much importance. Yes they can have their say - whatever floats their boat, but a tiny little clique being representative of the entire fanbase? No mate, not at all. As I said, they can have their say but just remember they’re one view amongst many.

I am not a member on the SSC forum, just an avid Lurker. but I'd like to point out that THST has over 11,000 members and is followed by over 40,000 on various social media platforms. They have an excellent relationship with club and have campaigned successfully on our behalf on a number of issues and continue to do so. This includes Ticket pricing caps, safe standing, discounted travel for away fixtures and much else. http://www.thstofficial.com/campaigns.html

For £10.00 of my money a year I think they do an excellent job. http://www.thstofficial.com/
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#47
From the SSC forum:

Myself and many of my pals have been going to White Hart Lane for in excess of 30 years, so we’re not johnny-come-latelys. I can honestly say that I am yet to meet anyone who is a fully paid-up member of the Trust, or even anyone who shares their seemingly constant gripe.

In reality, what I and others have always known them to be, is a very small group group of individuals who happen to drink in one pub. They do not represent me at all; they represent themselves and their own self-importance, and that is all.

Be very careful not to appropriate too much importance. Yes they can have their say - whatever floats their boat, but a tiny little clique being representative of the entire fanbase? No mate, not at all. As I said, they can have their say but just remember they’re one view amongst many.

I am not a member on the SSC forum, just an avid Lurker. but I'd like to point out that THST has over 11,000 members and is followed by over 40,000 on various social media platforms. They have an excellent relationship with club and have campaigned successfully on our behalf on a number of issues and continue to do so. This includes Ticket pricing caps, safe standing, discounted travel for away fixtures and much else. http://www.thstofficial.com/campaigns.html

For £10.00 of my money a year I think they do an excellent job. http://www.thstofficial.com/
Look it isnt perfect,but any dialogue/representation is better than none.
My gripe would be that it mostly pushes ST agenda stuff,as a non STH I find some of it a bit protecting the haves,Away tickets is a closed shop,and now a reduced price closed shop (tho I agree with the principle in general),having massive amounts of loyalty pts is a closed shop,the same people buy&sell away tickets and collect more points and then always get an emirates away on the back of that.I know fans who you can literally count the number of games missed on one hand in the last decade,away all over europa league matches,lower division cup opponents,but same time I see 100s of away tickets every match except the big london derbies being traded on social media.When I went to liverpool on one such,my mate had miscalculated and we were 2 tickets short in a group of 7,a quick post on facebook when we got there and no kidding we could have picked up over 10 in the arkles pub within 5 mins.And then subsidised travel for matches (which i agree in principle again to) for the same people getting £30 seats,its all a bit looking after one side of the support too much,or that is what they can effect maybe.??
I think they are good well meaning people,and obviously the power lies with Levy,but at least points are being put across,Sugar would never have any dialogue with anyone,we were all cretins,at least Levy is forced into doing PR gestures which is better than nowt.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#48
Look it isnt perfect,but any dialogue/representation is better than none.
My gripe would be that it mostly pushes ST agenda stuff,as a non STH I find some of it a bit protecting the haves,Away tickets is a closed shop,and now a reduced price closed shop (tho I agree with the principle in general),having massive amounts of loyalty pts is a closed shop,the same people buy&sell away tickets and collect more points and then always get an emirates away on the back of that.I know fans who you can literally count the number of games missed on one hand in the last decade,away all over europa league matches,lower division cup opponents,but same time I see 100s of away tickets every match except the big london derbies being traded on social media.When I went to liverpool on one such,my mate had miscalculated and we were 2 tickets short in a group of 7,a quick post on facebook when we got there and no kidding we could have picked up over 10 in the arkles pub within 5 mins.And then subsidised travel for matches (which i agree in principle again to) for the same people getting £30 seats,its all a bit looking after one side of the support too much,or that is what they can effect maybe.??
I think they are good well meaning people,and obviously the power lies with Levy,but at least points are being put across,Sugar would never have any dialogue with anyone,we were all cretins,at least Levy is forced into doing PR gestures which is better than nowt.
Well I get your point but guess the theory is that STH's make up the bulk of the consistent support in the old stadium about 60% and similarly in NWHL, so they get most representation and they also (in theory) invest the most in the club, when you factor in time and travel. Same goes for Bronze members with a load of points. There will never be a perfect platform to represent all fans, human nature and demographics sees to that, but I maintain they do a pretty good job, often with one arm tied behind their back, in dealing with Levy. Seems on your travels to Liverpool and mine to Dortmund that we've benefitted from the imperfections in the system? Works for me.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#49
Well I get your point but guess the theory is that STH's make up the bulk of the consistent support in the old stadium about 60% and similarly in NWHL, so they get most representation and they also (in theory) invest the most in the club, when you factor in time and travel. Same goes for Bronze members with a load of points. There will never be a perfect platform to represent all fans, human nature and demographics sees to that, but I maintain they do a pretty good job, often with one arm tied behind their back, in dealing with Levy. Seems on your travels to Liverpool and mine to Dortmund that we've benefitted from the imperfections in the system? Works for me.
Properly kicked off on that thread after that.TBH that guy is a complete west stand "like what i say,say what I like" wanker.If his tongue got any further up Levys arse he`d be licking his adams apple.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#50
Properly kicked off on that thread after that.TBH that guy is a complete west stand "like what i say,say what I like" wanker.If his tongue got any further up Levys arse he`d be licking his adams apple.
Ha ha yeah, there's a few self entitled pricks on there. I'll have a look in a minute.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#51
Properly kicked off on that thread after that.TBH that guy is a complete west stand "like what i say,say what I like" wanker.If his tongue got any further up Levys arse he`d be licking his adams apple.
This is from another, patronising bastard needs a smack in the face. Misses the point completely.

You and the chap from Billericay are both starting to sound like lifes little victims where you're given plenty of chances to swim but you chose to sink.
You want to have your cake, you want to eat your cake, you want to not get fat and you want to pay for a cheap rubbish cake but receive the finest cake in the land.

In the nicest possible way, it ain't gonna happen so suck it up.
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#52
This is from another, patronising bastard needs a smack in the face. Misses the point completely.

You and the chap from Billericay are both starting to sound like lifes little victims where you're given plenty of chances to swim but you chose to sink.
You want to have your cake, you want to eat your cake, you want to not get fat and you want to pay for a cheap rubbish cake but receive the finest cake in the land.

In the nicest possible way, it ain't gonna happen so suck it up.
shame that forum has descended into farce,was informative and factual mostly,now its opionated and going on about everton,boxing,financial results,seat costs,supporters trusts and very little to do with the build.I am itching to unload on there but its not meant to be like twitter,spurs forums with argy bargy.I have stopped reading it daily,if i wanted to argue online i know places to get it off my chest.
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#53
shame that forum has descended into farce,was informative and factual mostly,now its opionated and going on about everton,boxing,financial results,seat costs,supporters trusts and very little to do with the build.I am itching to unload on there but its not meant to be like twitter,spurs forums with argy bargy.I have stopped reading it daily,if i wanted to argue online i know places to get it off my chest.
I don't want to say that Levy started it with his Season Ticket pricing but.......
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#54
Here is the latest that THST have to report for fans and a new Media section at the end. Good stuff.

1. SEASON TICKET SALES AND PRICING AT SPURS
There has been no formal communication from the Club over season ticket pricing since our last newsletter. With the seat selection phasing period now over, the two-week payment period is now opening up between 1 May and 16 May.

We have continued to receive high volumes of mail from fans over issues connected with ticketing in the new stadium. There has been a particular focus on the Club’s stance that season ticket holders will not be able to move seats in future seasons, and especially how this applies to juniors and young adults who cease to qualify for those categories, and the highly contentious 1882 offer.

The Club will no doubt take the view that as the tickets have sold (although only deposits have been taken to date),the pricing is right. Our view is that tickets would always sell out for the first season in the new stadium. That doesn’t mean fans are happy, or that the Club has not created problems for the future. We believe significant opportunities have been missed, and that the unity that existed between fans and club through our last season at White Hart Lane has been severely tested.

The 1882 offer has become a focus for discontent. It’s worth us reiterating the fact that the Club did not share its plans for this offer with us in advance. Sales were noticeably slow for these tickets, particularly in the South Stand. We have evidence that, sometime around phase 6/7, the Club began cold-calling anyone on its database who had ever expressed interest in premium packages to try to sell the remaining 1882 tickets in the East and West stands. The 1882 tickets are General Admission tickets, not premium, so offering tickets in this way bypasses the waiting list and the local residents yet to select seats.

The fact that the Club has resorted to this measure to sell the 1882 tickets shows it made a mistake in making this offer – and particularly in locating that offer across the middle of the South Stand. We don’t expect the Club to acknowledge this, but we wouldn’t be surprised if future seasons see changes in this package.

We remain of the view that there is significant discontent with pricing. We’ve always acknowledged there are a variety of views, and that some will be happy. We are confident our position is representative and one that a fan organisation confronted with the highest season ticket prices in the country has a responsibility to take. We’re also aware that other football bodies are starting to take pricing at the New White Hart Lane as a benchmark, so it is important we make every effort to prevent even more rampant ticket price inflation.

We have been particularly saddened to hear and see a few instances of fans who can’t afford the prices or who express opposition to them being told they are not “real fans”. Spurs fans have a long tradition of standing together, stretching back through protests over the executive boxes on The Shelf to marches for fairer allocation of Cup Final tickets in the 1960s, and denigrating fans for expressing genuine grievances is not what we are about.

There is much still to do. Match day pricing has yet to be announced, as has pricing for cup games – something fans will be looking at closely in view of the manager’s comments about domestic cups. The whole area of concessions still needs looking at. As does pricing in future seasons. We believe there will be significant problems around pricing and ticketing going forward and remain ready to have constructive discussions with the Club to resolve them for the benefit of supporters. The commitment to genuine engagement from our side remains.

2. FA CUP SEMI-FINAL AND FINAL PRICING
After holding prices since 2011, the FA chose to significantly increase the price of category 1 and 2 tickets for this season’s semi-finals and final. Those are the seats along the side of the pitch and behind the goals in Level 1. Tickets for category 4 were held at the previous level, while tickets for category 3 saw a minimal increase under the rate of inflation. The increases in categories 1 and 2 saw tickets behind the goals rise to £65 for the semi-finals and £115 for the final and to £80 and £145 respectively along the length of the pitch. Juniors and Seniors were to be offered a meagre £10 off the full adult price.

Alongside fan reps of the other competing clubs, we issued a joint statement on 21 March condemning the price rises in light of record broadcast and sponsorship deals and the simultaneous announcement of the strong financial health of the FA. We also criticised the lack of any consultation with FA Council supporter representatives ahead of the pricing being announced.

On 9 April, fan reps met with FA CEO, Martin Glenn, Commercial Director, Mark Bullingham and Director of Professional Game Relations, Andy Ambler, to discuss the pricing policy, and the rationale behind such rampant increases at a time when fans are already paying a fortune to watch top level football and when other bodies, such as the Premier League, have introduced price caps.

The FA explained that the revenue from the FA Cup was their largest source of income and had to fund a myriad of other projects, from grass roots football to the women’s game, and they were unwilling to cross subsidise fans by diverting funds away from other strategic priorities and commitments. As a non-profit organisation, all monies needed to be carefully deployed.

They also cited the increase in security costs since 2011 and the general costs of staging the matches, while stating that the new prices weren’t purely a commercial decision. If that was the case, they would be higher still. They had benchmarked pricing against London based Premier League clubs and against other major sporting events such as Wimbledon and the NFL.

Fan reps made the point that comparing a football match to a one off event displayed a lack of understanding of football fans, where support was based around regularity and frequent attendance. By the time a team reached the semi-finals of the FA Cup, fans had already been to 4 games minimum (6 in the case of Tottenham) and their reward for reaching Wembley should not be eye-watering prices.

We also argued that the prices behind the goals would lead to the displacement of some of the traditionally most vocal fans, which would be an issue for atmosphere and spectacle.

The pricing of concessions was also discussed. A week’s state pension was surely too much of a stretch for Seniors. Similarly, expecting a family of 4 to pay up to £560 for seats along the side of the pitch for the final was unrealistic.

On 17 April, the FA agreed to increase the concessionary discount from £10 to £25 in categories 1 and 2. A step in the right direction. They also agreed to consult with fan reps around recategorising pricing behind the goals and introducing a more accessibly priced family area for next season, when the new TV deal kicks in. There was a commitment not to increase prices further until at least 2021. And a commitment to fully involve FA Council Supporter reps in discussions moving forward.

We issued a joint statement with Manchester United and Chelsea trusts and fan groups at Southampton, welcoming the commitment to dialogue over the coming months but acknowledging that the proof would be in the pudding - actions speak louder than words.

We are looking for significant downward movement in pricing and for the FA to take the lead by recognising the value of match-going fans and not just the size of their wallets. There is much work yet to be done.

3. SAFE STANDING: AN UPDATE
The campaign for the introduction of safe standing areas in the top two divisions of English football took a bit of a blow last month when the Sports Minister, Tracey Crouch, rejected an application from West Bromwich Albion to trial a safe standing area at their Hawthorns ground. Crouch not only rejected the application, which had the backing of West Midlands Police and their local Safety Advisory Group, but suggested that existing ground regulations should be more tightly enforced and that only a ‘vocal minority’ wanted safe standing.

Her comments prompted counter responses from the Football Safety Officers Association, from Shaun Harvey on behalf of the EFL and, unsurprisingly, from the hundreds of fan groups who’ve undertaken countless surveys and research over the past years, from the national fan organisations who’ve worked tirelessly to sensitively and responsibly progress the discussion with bodies such as the SGSA and the DCMS, and from the thousands of individual fans who want the choice to sit or stand at football matches.

A petition calling for the introduction of safe standing areas in the top 2 divisions is now over the 100,000 signatures needed to be considered for parliamentary debate. We’d encourage fans who want the choice of standing in a designated area to watch the match to sign the petition here. We’d also encourage fans who want the choice to watch the game from seated accommodation without others standing in front of them to sign the petition here.

It’s vital this matter is now given the attention it deserves by those in government, and that an unnecessarily strict enforcement regime that does not take account of how football crowds naturally react is not introduced to cause problems.

Spurs fans will be aware that the front of the South Stand in our new ground has been future proofed for safe standing and we hope that one day in the near future, those fans who’ve purchased seats in that area will be allowed to stand in safety.

THST continues to argue for legislation to be changed to allow fans to exercise choice and for clubs to be able to help them do that. We also continue to work with national fan groups to achieve the change so many fans have been asking for over such a long period.

The Football Supporters Federation, alongside the English Football League, have just launched a survey on the issue of standing and choice in football stadiums. While this is an EFL survey, fans of Premier League clubs are also encouraged to complete it to help build as complete a picture of possible of supporter opinion on this subject. It takes about 90 seconds to complete and can be found here.

4. THST QUIZ NIGHT: 19 APRIL
On Thursday 19 April, The Antwerp Arms was the venue for our Charity Spurs Quiz Night; a Trust event for members, friends and local pub regulars. The Annie was full to capacity, with Richard Cracknell hosting and 15 teams battling to become THST Spurs Quiz Champions 2018.

When the final scores had been added up, a contest that had been closely fought resulted in a tie between ‘Chivers Regal’ and ‘Bobby Buckle’, both on 195 points, followed by ‘When The Year Ends In 8’ on 190, ‘Kane’t Touch This’ with 186 and ‘General Burkinshaw’ on 177. Chivers Regal kept its nerve to decide the tie break.

The quiz was a resounding success. So too was the fundraising for our nominated local charity, Studio 306 Collective, who also entered a quiz team that included the Mayor of Haringey as a player.

Prior to a charity raffle, THST Co-chair Kat Law interviewed Pamela Anomneze, Studio 306 project leader, and the raffle and quiz entry revenue brought in total donations of £655.

Special thanks go to Crackers, who was on great form as our quizmaster host, and to Chef Wayne and all the staff and Management Committee at The Annie for such an impressively organised event.
We’ll definitely be running another Quiz night in 2019!

5. THST SUMMER BBQ: 27 MAY
It’s up and running again! We have our Spurs guest -FA Cup and UEFA Cup winner, Micky Hazard. We have our MC - Theo Delaney of Spurs Show fame. We have music sorted with our superb singer/guitarist Tom Mitchell and DJ Alex. We are gathering together a multiplicity of great raffle prizes.

For the third year running, our joint host - The Antwerp Arms - is supplying the BBQ food for free as a welcome back to Tottenham for Spurs fans.

All the money raised on the day will be donated to our two charities, Studio 306 Collective and Prostate Cancer UK, with our Cycle On You Spurs riders enjoying their final few beers before heading off to Amsterdam five days later.

All you need to do is click here to register and get your free ticket.

It really is a fantastic day and we’re very much looking forward to seeing lots of familiar faces – and some new ones - on Bank Holiday Sunday, 27 May.

6. CATERING IN THE NEW STADIUM: AN UPDATE
THST Board Member and catering lead, Rachel Martin, met with David Peskett and Antonio Sellecchia from Compass, and Jonathan Waite of THFC at Lilywhite House on Wednesday 4 April. They discussed many aspects of the catering operation for the new Spurs Stadium including progress to date and innovative ways to speed up service, the range of food and drink in general admission areas, the Club’s commitment to environmental sustainability and future responsiveness to supporter feedback. There are also opportunities to apply for match day employment – just follow the link.

To read the full report from the meeting, click here.

7. BUSINESS COMMUNITY LIAISON GROUP MEETING: LATEST NOTES
The latest BCLG meeting was held on 17 April at Lilywhite House, with Pete Haine in attendance for THST. Key take outs from the meeting are as follows:
  • A record number of people working on site was recorded this week (2,607),with an average on the night shift of 300 workers on site
  • The stadium roof lift and installation has progressed well, with the framework now fully in place. The roof will now be fitted with glass panels and cassettes
  • The pitch tray deliveries are nearing completion (4 per night, expected to be completed by the end of April) and the work to lay the NFL pitch has started
  • The GA seats continue to be installed across all levels
  • Internal works are progressing quickly, with work on many concourses, restaurants, toilets and bars now reaching completion
  • The stadium build and south plaza will be ready in time for opening in August, but that some external landscaping works may be installed on an interim basis for safety reasons
  • Test events are being planned for August. They will be ticketed and will test out all functions of the new stadium
  • The Tottenham Experience will hopefully be ready to open at the same time as the stadium
  • There are plans for a new community café at 810 High Road, close to Percy House
  • Information on road closures before, during and after stadium events will be presented at the next BCLG meeting
  • THFC continues to work with all stakeholders to ensure that the upgrade works at the four key local stations (White Hart Lane, Seven Sisters, Northumberland Park and Tottenham Hale) are completed as quickly as possible. THFC is also working to have adequate plans in place to ensure wait times and queue organisation are as good as they possibly can be for stadium opening
  • The new shuttle buses that will be in place for match day one, along with an extensive messaging plan to local residents and fans, will help manage any issues caused by unfinished stations not working at capacity

8. FOLLOW UPS TO CHELSEA AND STOKE AWAY
Following the memorable win away at Stamford Bridge at the start of April – a definite highlight of the season! – we asked the Club for a debrief in terms of fan arrival patterns, any specific issues on the day and any behavioural problems. This followed on from the planning meeting at Stamford Bridge in March.

We understand that arrivals were noticeably later than the previous two games at Chelsea, with only 1089 fans inside the stadium half an hour pre kick off. The final 1829 entered in the last 30 minutes, with all fans inside by 5 minutes into the match. This put pressure on the turnstiles so we will be appealing for earlier arrivals next season again. The game passed relatively peacefully with just 1 arrest and 4 ejections.

We are dealing with a small number of individual cases, including one that indicates not all stewarding staff working for Chelsea were fully briefed. In our initial contact with Chelsea they informed us they were not aware of the incident. We have now made them aware and await a response.

We also asked for an explanation as to the significant police presence at Festival Pier and Putney Bridge for the supporters’ boat and for the police boat and helicopter following the boat for large periods along the Thames. We are awaiting information from the Metropolitan Police regarding the disproportionate welcome on disembarkation but understand the MPS on the Water patrol formed part of the Met’s operational plan for the day, which apparently isn’t unusual for Cat C fixtures at Chelsea, Fulham & Brentford where police information suggests this may be appropriate.

Those at Stoke City away later in the month may be aware of the issues with the shortage of shuttle buses between Staffordshire University and the Bet365 stadium, leaving dozens of Spurs fans stranded before the game. We’ve registered the issues with Tottenham, who have taken those up with Stoke.

We are not satisfied with Stoke’s response, however, that four buses is the usual number running on a match day and there had been no issues all season prior to our game. There have been more buses in previous seasons. Four is nowhere near enough and we’d be looking for an increase to at least six should we play Stoke again next season. Similarly, on the return leg, there were insufficient buses for fans and while the buses are supposed to make round trips, the traffic conditions meant significant delays in both directions.

It should be noted that Stoke City did not provide Spurs with any travel, club or match day information in the lead up to the game, either. This resulted in fans receiving no advice ahead of the game from Spurs.

9. THST MEMBERSHIP
We’re very pleased to have welcomed so many new members over the last month or so. That helps us to know we’re doing a good job, but most importantly every new member makes us that much stronger. Please do ask your fellow Spurs fans to join so we can build the strongest possible voice for supporters at THFC. They can sign up here.

OTHER:

PCUK Football to Amsterdam, 1-3 June
After the football season comes the BBQ, and after eating, drinking and dancing comes the cycling. Our Cycle On You Spurs team is heading off from the London Olympic Velodrome to the Ajax Arena on Friday 1 June. To date, they’ve raised over £14,000 to add to the £47,000 raised in 2016 and 2017.
See if you can help them on towards £20,000 for 2018 by donating to the team page here.

Spurs Show Live special offer: 16 May
Full members of THST will have received details of discounted tickets to The Spurs Show Live with special guest Ryan Mason on 16 May. A link to a dedicated microsite is included in the covering email sent out to all full members with this newsletter.
Non-members are able to book here for the event at the iconic 100 Club on Oxford Street for £25 per person.

Spurs Secret History Walk: 6 May
On Sunday 6 May, as part of the 3rd Birthday celebrations of the community taking over the Antwerp Arms, THST Secretary Pete Haine is organising a sponsored Spurs Secret History Walk.
Written by Julie Welch, Rob White and local historians of the Club and the area, the walk starts from Tottenham Hale at 10am and finishes at the pub by 1pm. It passes the former grounds where THFC played and key local sites in the history of the Club.
Pledge £10 (or more) for charity and you’ll get a free drink back at the pub.
And then join in the celebrations for the Annie’s 3rd Birthday with a fun-filled day of Live Music, Street Food, Art Exhibition, Charity Auction and much, much more…
Details of how to book your place on the walk are available here.

Zeelo: final trips to Wembley
Zeelo are running services to Wembley for the final league games of the season, including one-way trips home for evening games for those working in London. They have also launched their early bird season tickets for the 18/19 season, from £9 per game. You can book all of this here.
Get in touch directly with Zeelo with any route requests or queries via email, live chat on their website or by tweeting @gozeelo.

A fond farewell to Steve Alderson
We were sad to hear that Steve Alderson, the landlord at The Antwerp Arms, is leaving. Steve has been influential in building the relationship between the Trust and the pub, and has proved to be a fantastic guvnor on match days and Trust event days. We sent a note of thanks to Steve and he responded that it had been “a pleasure meeting and knowing you”. Steve’s now hoping to get to a few more games, and promises to pop in to the Annie for the occasional visit. We’re sure everyone who has enjoyed Steve’s hospitality over the years will wish him well.

MEDIA:

3 April
THFC Financial Results

ESPN: Tottenham's Levy paid £6m as club announce record revenues for 2016-17
Evening Standard: Tottenham’s record £306.3m revenue sees Supporters' Trust call for lower season ticket prices at new stadium
Daily Telegraph: Tottenham double amount paid to Daniel Levy for the year to more than £6m
Ghana Soccernet: Tottenham's Levy paid £6m as club announce record revenues for 2016-17

4 April
Iphonefresh: Tottenham Hotspur achieves record revenue for 2016-17

6 April
Evening Standard: Fever pitch: Why the next generation of London football stadiums will never match Anfield's unique atmosphere

15 April
Safe Standing

The Guardian: Sports Minister Tracy Crouch is ducking the facts on safe standing

17 April
FA Cup Final Concession Pricing

Sky Sports: FA Cup final concession prices reduced following fans consultation

18 April
Supporters Direct: The FA announce reduction in concessionary prices for the FA Cup Final

19 April
Football.London: Chelsea, Tottenham and Man United fan groups respond to FA announcement over ticket prices

Safe Standing
ESPN: Safe standing at stadiums should return to English football

24 April
FA Cup Final Pricing
The Guardian: Manchester United fans condemn FA Cup final ticket price rises of up to 35%
ESPN: Football Association to speak with supporters about FA Cup final ticket prices

25 April
Spending on New Players
Paddy Power News: Amid potential player exodus, is Pochettino also preparing for Spurs exit?
 
Motspur Hotspur

Motspur Hotspur

Player in Training.
Likes
302
#57
One week to complete,i aired my fairly disatisfied view !!but thats just me.
Q: Do you think THST overarching approach to THFC is
A: About right
B: Too Soft
C: Too Hard
D: Something else

As if it needed an answer LOL
 
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Well-Known Member
Founding Member
Likes
4,457
#58
A long read as you can imagine.click the link to read it all !!

http://www.thstofficial.com/thst-news/report-from-meeting-with-spurs-board-on-9-october

Tottenham Hotspur Supporters’ Trust
Tottenham Hotspur Football Club
Board to Board Meeting


Minutes and Report
Tuesday 9 October 2018
Tottenham Hotspur Football & Athletic Co Ltd, Lilywhite House, 6pm

THST Board:
Martin Cloake, Co-chair (MC)
Katrina Law, Co-chair (KL)
Adam Bailey, Treasurer (AB)
Pete Haine, Secretary (PH)
Martin Buhagiar (MB)
Rachel Martin (RM)
Michael Green (MG)

THFC Board:
Daniel Levy, Chairman (DL)
Donna-Maria Cullen, Executive Director (DMC)
Jonathan Waite, Head of Supporter Services (JW)
Ian Murphy, Head of Ticketing (IM)
Eileen Williams, Safety Officer (DS)
Simon Bamber, Director (SB)
Jon Babbs, Stadium Director (JB)
Simon Felstein, Head of Communications (SF)

1. Outstanding action points from last meeting on 20 February 2018

1.1 DMC to inform KL/ MC when WHL station renaming reaches public consultation stage
  • MG referenced the proposed permanent closure of the ticket office at White Hart Lane station and the concerns the Trust has around the impact on match day staffing levels on both sides of the counter. THST will be submitting to the consultation process and wanted to hear the Club’s position
  • DMC referenced a recent landowners’ meeting with Transport for London, where plans for the ticket office closure, along with the lack of planned toilets at White Hart Lane station, had been discussed. The Club has now written to TfL requesting more information on the proposed closure and what arrangements will be in place for a ticket office on match days and non-match days given the 365 days a year nature of the scheme. Letter shared with THST
  • MG to compile THST response and share with JW ahead of submitting to the TfL consultation. Action: MG

1.2 JW to follow up with KL/ MC re: iSpurs social media functionality towards the end of 2018
  • KL referenced the increased volume of fan interaction, customer service and ticketing queries across THST social media and the difficulties the Trust is experiencing managing that volume and providing the level of information required
  • KL felt strongly that there was a void that the Club needed to fill. Fans deserved and needed better interactive communication directly from the Club
  • JW reported far more traffic to AskSpurs which had been specifically set up to deal with this and should be the first point of reference for fans. DMC said the Club would prefer fans look here first. JW reported trials of a chat functionality on the AskSpurs platform. This would offer more interaction and access to more immediate information for fans. It was felt this was preferable to traditional social media accounts for the Club
  • JW asked that the Trust direct fans to AskSpurs whenever possible as the more questions asked, the more informative and useful the platform would become
  • KL explained that THST includes a link to AskSpurs at the end of each monthly newsletter and would be happy to promote the platform further. Action: KL

1.3 THST to liaise with JB re: shadowing safety team on a match day
  • MC explained that THST had not pursued the offer made in February to shadow the Wembley team as we had thought we would be leaving the venue shortly afterwards
  • THST has requested to shadow once we are settled into the new ground
  • JB said this was an open invitation
  • MC and the THST reps welcomed new Safety Officer, Eileen Williams

1.4 IM / THFC to issue comms on Ticket Share to fans - Ongoing

1.5 DMC / THST to align comms on Ticket exchange – and to encourage use - Ongoing

1.6 DMC to advise THST on test events. THST to help provide numbers - Ongoing

1.7 JB to respond to more technical questions in members’ question pack in writing via THST – Partial complete

1.8 DMC to update on recycling/ food waste etc. and include RM of THST in comms plan - Done

1.9 DMC to communicate heritage and history plans in new ground - Ongoing

1.10 DMC to share rationale and context for Season Ticket pricing with THST
  • KL referenced that only 19% of the Season Ticket holders who’d participated in THST’s annual survey over the summer were satisfied with pricing. 49% had moved stands because of the pricing – threatening to disrupt the atmosphere of the new stadium. Only 7% considered facilities to be an important factor when purchasing a Season Ticket. The Trust was not alone in considering the pricing to be too high
  • KL asked how the Club had arrived at those price points and how sustainable they thought they were
  • DMC responded that the Club had applied the principle of stretch pricing and that there were many different price points to choose from
  • KL said the Club’s definition of stretch pricing differed from the Trust’s
  • DL referenced the introduction of the Young Adult category for 18-21 year olds, for which KL gave thanks on behalf of the Trust
  • DL referenced the additional concessionary areas available in the new stadium
  • DL felt that fans would be very pleased once they see the stadium and experience a match day there
  • DMC felt it was unhelpful to link the Season Ticket pricing to the stadium delay
  • KL felt the premium pricing had set higher expectations and so heightened impatience with the delay
  • The 1882 offering was discussed. THST has made its view on the ‘premium lite’ offering in the heart of the home end clear previously
  • DL stated the new stadium wanted to cater for everyone and that the 1882 offering had sold out
  • KL suggested that was only after sales calls to anyone who had ever expressed an interest in a premium ticket at Spurs
  • DL stated the 1882 seats had only been offered to those on the Club database
  • KL referenced the outstanding ticketing questions submitted as an addendum to the agenda, and ticketing was to be discussed further in section 5

1.11 SF to speak with Vloggers to reiterate the impact of vlogging on fellow fans at matches
  • SF had spoken to any relevant vloggers following the meeting in February

2. Stadium build: latest update

2.1 DL stated that every day was progress but the Board wanted certainty before coming out with a timeline
  • The priority of the Board is to protect the Club at all times
  • AB asked if the next statement would give a conclusive date for the opening of the stadium
  • DMC responded that the next communication would be an update
  • MB felt this was about managing expectations. The Club’s own website listed the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium as the venue for all home league games from Chelsea onwards. It may be wiser to change those to TBC
  • KL flagged that the TV picks for December and January are scheduled for release on Friday (12 October). Would the Club not have to comment on venues at the same time?
  • DMC and SF said the next Club update would be issued in the next 2-3 weeks
  • KL explained that, once the TV picks were announced, fans made plans and any repeat of the City fixture would result in more compensation claims and more cost for the Club, as well as more inconvenience for fans
  • KL referenced comments submitted by members ahead of the meeting around the quality and frequency of communication recently. Would the Club accept this has been an issue?
  • DL, DMC and SF asked what they thought could be said when there was nothing to add to the last statement. It is an incredibly difficult situation
  • MC said the Trust’s preference, and that of many fans, was to get information out early, even if it was to say there would be further delay
  • DL and DMC said that doing this risked further delay
  • RM referenced stories leaking in the press adding to the unrest amongst fans
  • DL said the Club had confidential conversations all the time and it is always frustrating when details leak
  • DL recognised that the fans needed to feel acknowledged in this situation and that many fans had written supportively to the club which was much appreciated
  • DL confirmed that announcing the Liverpool game as the first game in the Stadium was not over ambitious and the stadium would have been ready if not for the safety issues. Much of the external work has been brought forward from next summer

2.2 MG asked about project financing and clarified that THFC did not have a turn-key contract with MACE
  • MG asked if the delays were down to one contractor solely. DL confirmed they were down to several contractors
  • MG asked about the current costs of the project. DL confirmed the costs had definitely risen and DMC added that the Club was cutting internal costs where possible (campaigns, marketing etc.)
  • MG asked about a contingency in the budget. The Club confirmed that it had contingency in the budget
  • DL felt everyone was going through a bit of pain right now but that we would be coming out with one of the best stadiums in the world. It may take longer to get there but we are on the journey
  • MG asked for an update on the Banks and DL said all were being very supportive

2.3 MG asked for an update on refinancing the project
  • MG noted that the structure means the Club is paying the interest only but assumes any refinancing will now be on a higher figure
  • DL said the US Banks, especially, were used to build programmes of a similar scale overrunning

2.4 MC asked whether the Board thought the pricing policy was sustainable and if they were confident they would retain fans
  • SB referenced the 98.5% of Season Ticket holders who had renewed this summer. KL was not surprised. Fans would sell their grannies to be in for the first season in the new ground
  • KL was confident the ground would be full for the foreseeable future, but filled with who was the question. There was the increasing chance it would not be the traditional fans. KL felt it was very important to retain the fan base and heritage of THFC, and some of those fans were being and had been priced out
  • The Club noted the Trust’s position

2.5 RM asked about catering plans, following on her work with Levy Restaurants (no relation)
  • What would be the prices in the new ground?
  • DL described these as being ‘competitive’ and ‘dynamic’. He was aware the Club would need to be smart to encourage fans to arrive early and stay later
  • PH referenced the set-up at Brighton and how well leaving their bars open worked on final whistle
  • SB was keen not to start pricing high, but to use dynamic pricing in a way the fans would appreciate
  • SB was ready to accept the Club would get some things wrong but they would also get some things right, and they expected fans to tell them
  • RM referenced the feedback group established to respond regularly to online surveys around the catering experience in the new stadium
  • SB welcomed this initiative and thought a focus group would be an incredibly positive move

2.6 MG asked for an update on the residential and ancillary parts of the project
  • DL confirmed there was nothing yet. The works for the basement of the Hotel had been funded but they were open-minded as to how to approach next steps. The residential building on Park Lane is long term
  • DL clarified that all ancillary projects were on track and that the stadium delays were not affecting those
  • PH asked for an update on the Goods Yard. DL said that the planning application had gone to appeal in June

2.7 Discussion now turned to the NFL
  • PH referenced Shahid Khan’s potential purchase of Wembley Stadium and whether that would impact on THFC’s plans for the NFL
  • DL said it wouldn’t but he was against the sale of Wembley regardless
  • DL felt any London franchise was a long way off but the NFL still had the International Series so there was ample opportunity for Spurs
  • DL wanted to point out that the second pitch wasn’t solely an NFL pitch. It was a multi-purpose pitch that was suitable for NFL
  • PH asked for plans around the NFL tailgate events
  • DMC clarified that Haringey Council was in discussions around the use of its parks. The NFL would provide legacy items such as improved access, improved fencing, improved lighting etc.

2.8 MG asked for an update on Naming Rights
  • DL clarified that was still under discussion
  • KL asked about sleeve sponsorship
  • DL explained that any sleeve sponsorship may compromise the value of the naming rights deal, so the naming rights would come first

2.9 KL and MC shared feedback on the new website, which several members had reported difficulties navigating
  • DMC explained the # navigation and how the website was next generation
  • KL worried that some of our fan base weren’t this generation yet!
  • A few improvements were suggested, including a simpler and quicker link to ‘My Account’
  • DMC agreed to have suggestions explored. Action: DMC
  • DMC said the Club was moving towards more personal communications with fans now, more email etc.
  • KL explained that the Trust had been contacted by fans who had missed away ticket deadlines as a result of being unfamiliar with the website. Would it be possible to send emails informing fans when away windows had opened?
  • IM agreed to explore this but JW warned of unopened emails causing hard bounces in the mailing platform, leading to mails being blocked. Action: IM
  • DMC said that the Club was fine tuning the new app at the moment with the aim to launch in time for the first test event. THST offered to assist in a Beta test of the app. DMC to advise. Action: DMC

3. Wembley

3.1 PH asked about the cap on maximum capacity events at Wembley. Fans are aware the Club applied for an extension from Brent Council last season but had not done so so far this season and that the cap was set at 22 for sporting events each year. Looking at the calendar, that would not leave sufficient slots for many more Spurs games at full capacity
  • DMC said the Club was in discussions with the FA and with Brent Council on a contingency basis
  • KL asked how it was possible to leave ST holders in Level 5 and open Levels 1 and 2, as happened for Cardiff City, if the lower cap was 51,000
  • DL explained the number of people inside the stadium needs to be under 51,000 but there are no restrictions as to where those people sit

3.2 MC asked for an update on the Premier League position on playing out of more than one home ground in one season
  • DL responded that the Premier League was being very supportive. No other Clubs had expressed concerns

3.3 MC asked for provisional plans for Round 5 of the EFL Cup, should Spurs progress past West Ham
  • DL and SB preferred to wait before committing
  • KL suggested Stadium MK, with a capacity of 27,500, would potentially be too small for the fifth round of a cup considering we have 50,000 Season Ticket holders. Our de facto home, Wembley, would be available on potential fifth round dates

3.4 KL asked JB whether Spurs had been informed of Wembley’s new “no bag” policy and if so, if this might be introduced at Spurs matches
  • JB responded that the Club was aware of the policy but not of an introduction date as yet. THFC would be supportive of the policy of our landlords
  • JB referenced the system in place for dropping off bags for the NFL matches and how well that worked at Wembley
  • There followed a discussion around current security considerations, which was acknowledged by all parties. However, KL felt Clubs and stadium operators needed to recognise that fans would be carrying laptops and iPads for evening games, which was also a reflection of the day and age in which we lived. It was not desirable to have to drop those off away from Wembley, pay £10 for the privilege and have to queue at the end of the match to retrieve them before joining another queue at Wembley Park tube. The customer journey needed to be as smooth, and as cheap, as possible
  • JB explained how THFC is in discussions with local schools regarding bag drop facilities for the new stadium. THFC will allow small handbags in the ground but not rucksacks or holdalls. Each member has been provided with a transparent bag-for-life to use should they need to bring a bag into the stadium
  • KL asked for consideration to be given to the cost of the bag drops at Spurs
  • KL felt that no fan would bring a bag unnecessarily into a stadium as it was a hassle. MC said an increasing number of fans had to carry laptops to keep the jobs they needed to afford to get into the stadium in the first place
  • DMC said thought would be given to circumstances around evening games

4. Transport for the new stadium


4.1 PH commented that the residents and local businesses Blue Book was impressive and congratulated THFC on a thorough job
  • DMC said she would pass on THST’s thanks to those involved in producing the book. Action: DMC

4.2 Regarding match day travel, PH shared concerns sent to the Trust by fans with accessibility issues over the allocation of disabled parking spaces in the basement of the new stadium
  • It was clarified that the parking provision for disabled fans in the new ground was far superior to that at White Hart Lane. Bays were historically allocated on a first come first served basis, which was felt to have merit by the Club for future seasons
  • PH shared concerns around the impact of road closures up to 2 hours ahead of games on disabled fans using the basement car park, as they would need to be at the stadium in advance of those closures

4.3 MB queried access to the North and South podiums, which appeared to be accessible by stairs only. This would cause issues for not only disabled fans but those less able to climb stairs
  • JB clarified that there were lifts in all cores right the way through to level 9 for all fans to use
  • JW to add information on the external lifts onto AskSpurs. Action: JW

4.4 JW felt that the shuttle system for wheelchair users would also be vastly improved, including shuttle buses from Tottenham Hale
  • KL reiterated THST’s request for the shuttle buses from Tottenham Hale to transport General Admission fans as well as Premium fans. She reported several instances of regular drivers contacting the Trust unhappy at the road and parking restrictions in place and hoped the offer of a shuttle service from a Victoria Line tube station, in addition to those from Alexandra Palace and Wood Green, may dissuade some from driving
  • JW said they would monitor volume of Premium take up from Tottenham Hale and then reassess. Action: JW
  • RM felt this service would be especially useful for anyone temporarily unable to walk distances (broken legs, operations etc.)

4.5 PH asked for an update on the redevelopment of White Hart Lane, Northumberland Park and Tottenham Hale stations
  • DMC explained there was no fixed dates for completion. Tended to say ‘by Spring 2019’, for example, but whilst some stations may not be fully fitted out, all stations are operationally ready for the stadium opening
  • JW referenced the improved rolling stock on the overground line, which would hold 1400 people as opposed to the current 800

4.6 PH asked when the Blue Book/Fan Guide for fans would be ready
  • DMC said it was written and, whilst lengthy, would be the A to Z of the new stadium for fans
  • DMC to share the copy with THST ahead of publication for proofing. Action: DMC

5. Ticketing

5.1 With regards to Season Ticket pricing for the new stadium, KL felt THST had made its position clear, however, wanted to go on record requesting a further discussion ahead of any pricing decisions for 2019-2020. Action: All
  • KL asked for reassurance that the increased cost incurred by the stadium delay would not translate into increased ticket prices
  • The Club said it was not practical to discuss that at this stage

5.2 KL asked when match day pricing would be confirmed. Had this not been registered with the Premier League in June, as required by the PL rulebook? IM clarified the Season Ticket pricing had been registered with the Premier League, however, the PL had accepted the Wembley match day pricing as the new stadium had not yet opened
  • IM confirmed match day pricing would be announced along with the opening of ticket sales for the first game in the new stadium. Action: IM
  • KL was aware match day pricing was very sensitive. It needed to be accessible, but it also could not be significantly less than a Season Ticket holder equivalent
  • KL explained that without match day pricing, Season Ticket holders had no idea whether their ST represented value or not. A Season Ticket either represented the sum of 6 x category A games, 6 x category B games and 7 x category C games plus a little extra for guaranteeing your seat for each league match OR it represented the sum of the 19 games less a discount for loyalty and paying up front. The Club had never articulated which one it favoured and without match day pricing, the cost of Season Tickets was nebulous
  • IM understood the case made
  • KL asked for a future discussion about making Category C games more accessible for match day sales. It was important to give those less fortunate the opportunity to watch their team, too. Action: All

5.3 KL raised the subject of the metric for refunding matches played at Wembley
  • There was an issue with using two different metrics which was causing discrepancies between the amount being refunded and the amount being charged for games, especially Cat A games
  • KL thanked the Club for reducing the price of the Man City match to Cat B for Season Ticket holders as that had gone some way to relieving the frustration felt with Liverpool purchases
  • KL understood that when the metric of 1/19th refund and last season’s match day pricing had been agreed, the Club had thought this was for the Fulham match only
  • KL asked that, should games continue to be played at Wembley, that metric be revisited as she felt it wasn’t sustainable in the longer term. Some Season Ticket holders were effectively paying more for the same seat as last season in a ground they did not think they would be sitting in
  • IM acknowledged this and clarified that the metric had been in place for the Fulham match originally. He understood the issue and agreed to revisit should this be necessary longer term. Action: IM
  • IM also pointed to the change in refund mechanism from a credit to be used against that specific match, or against a future ST purchase, into a refund into your bank account
  • KL thought that was down to Ticketmaster’s inability to attach the credit to an account rather than a seat, meaning once a ST holder choose to move elsewhere in the stadium the credit vanished
  • IM said there were technical issues but the Club also felt it was wrong to hold onto fans’ money and wanted to offer a straight refund to Season Ticket holders

5.4 On the subject of refunds, KL referred to the numerous complaints over the length of time it was taking for BACS refunds to drop into bank accounts
  • IM clarified that Ticketmaster co-ordinated the BACS process and that runs had been done every week around on sale dates and at least twice a month at other times
  • KL explained not knowing when the BACS runs were was the issue
  • JW said that the schedule is published on AskSpurs and is at the bottom of every ticketing email sent out by the Club
  • KL asked for that link to be more widely shared as she had countless questions on this on social media and that link would have been highly useful
  • JW to provide the link to the schedule of BACS payments. Action JW

5.5 Talking of Ticketmaster, MC asked if IM understood the issues with them from the fans’ point of view. There were problems with booking fees, admin fees, technical system errors, all of which caused significant discontent
  • IM acknowledged that some fans had experienced issues on occasion with Ticketmaster and that the Club continually works with TM to improve functionality and performance. IM also noted that there was no other ticketing company that could have delivered what had been asked of them over the past few months
  • MC said the issues were not just this season
  • IM said that there had not been a ‘normal’ season at Spurs for some time as regards ticketing
  • IM also stated the issues experienced by Spurs fans were common to all platforms working across football

5.6 KL shared the view of 81% of fans who’d completed the Trust’s annual survey who’d wanted a group stage pack for Champions League games
  • KL asked how it was possible to offer a reduced group stage pack to Premium members but not General Admission ones
  • KL acknowledged the concept of the packs was to go on sale before the draw was made and that the uncertainty over venue/s made it difficult to offer the pack this summer but the fact was fans who’d already paid top dollar for their Season Tickets in the new stadium were now being asked to pay up to 50% more for those 3 games than last season
  • KL reiterated THST’s position on Category A pricing at the group stage of the competition. Last season, that had been cushioned somewhat by the group pack offer whereas this season, every fan was expected to pay top price for Barcelona. Pricing PSV and Inter at Category B was looking like a gamble given the first two results in the competition, too
  • IM explained that it had been impossible to offer the group stage pack before the draw was made from a time perspective
  • IM also explained that the Premium offering was possible because that was going out to far smaller numbers of fans and the package offered was limited compared to offering to all GA Season Ticket holders and One Hotspur members
  • KL asked that the reintroduction of the group stage packs for European competition be added to the list for discussion ahead of next season. Action: All

5.7 KL flagged the expense front-loading the season with away games was causing fans who attended most matches at present, with over £300 coming out of bank accounts over the current two week period. It was a struggle for many and it was felt this wasn’t sustainable in the long run
  • IM explained that the money for Barcelona away would not be debited until November in recognition of this issue
  • KL asked that be communicated to fans as quickly as possible
  • IM said the cut off would be announced in the next few days and this would be part of the communications. Action: IM

5.8 There was a discussion around the ticketing arrangements for PSV Eindhoven away, given security concerns. JW to pick up with THST around further comms ahead of the match. Action: JW
  • IM shared how positively the ‘collect ticket in resort’ option had been received by some fans
 
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Likes
2,713
#60
In post #58 above, Jonathan Waite was present, October 2018, Very sad. The team wore black armbands against Chelsea.
 

Latest posts

Associates

Forum statistics

Threads
698
Messages
35,618
Members
164
Latest member
alisvet