By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tottenham small talk

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
I often think he's the one that got away under the poch era as he could have been a real quality player for us. I wouldn't be against having him back but my main concern would be his attitude when he's not in the team.
Agreed mate, although i’m not sure what his favoured position is. Sure he’s capable enough across all midfield positions, so with that in mind I wouldn’t see him usurping the first choice three behind Harry but would definitely get plenty of game time. Not sure i’d necessarily trust him as a DM but seem to remember he’s very good on the ball, with a decent passing range, so would’ve been interesting to see him in that role. Oh well, good luck to the fella, seems to have really grown as a man, maybe one day he will come back.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Late notice cos this 20mins from now.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Who knew Fabrice Muamba is now a closet yid!!Last night he posted well done spurs on twatter clap clap emoji.Poor bugger instantly had loads of goons slagging him "thought you were arsenal",he replied to one "i have a soft spot for spurs",maybe the poor fuckers cant understand why because of his near death experience at the lane.Anyway what cheered me up after I replied to his I have a soft spot for spurs post,was my reply of "and us for you,stay well,thumbs up emoji" chalking up likes.Its nice to know still saying something decent&respectful nice is still ok to do.
Also Andros was in the west stand last night and posted a pic "what a view" ,he may be responsible for more spurs fans in the paxton and park lane having sore heads than too much beer with his wayward shooting but top marks for still being a yid and open about it,no fucks given!!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
D4CwlOnWsAAefWN.png

NiceOneCyril

NiceOneCyril

Player in Training.
It does add a bit of perspective. As much as we whine about City etc...i’m going to the League one playoff final tomorrow (couldn’t afford Madrid - not the real story) - would be interesting to see what each team is worth

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
It does add a bit of perspective. As much as we whine about City etc...i’m going to the League one playoff final tomorrow (couldn’t afford Madrid - not the real story) - would be interesting to see what each team is worth
The value of just players alone,let alone the revenue,stadiums shames me when small clubs are going bankrupt to the tune of a months wages of some players.Yes we are doing great,but some reparations from PL clubs to grass roots and struggling league clubs would be morally correct in a game awash with billions.

C

corroded

Player in Training.
PL does give away a fair bit of cash. I think they were talking about a billion to grassroots... though I'm never sure if that figure includes stuff like the parachute payments.

Very very old, but shows the full 'virtuous circle' (all the newer ones oddly only have three entries, commercial success one omitted)

I remember it being said that the hardest thing to do was actually give away the money, because no matter how generous an offer you made, everyone always wanted more cash. I'd guarantee someone would be saying that even if they gave £15m per season to Championship Clubs, £10m a year to League One Clubs, and £5m a year to League Two clubs, at the next TV deal they'd be asking for more (bearing in mind a League Two club can run in half that £5m). That's a package worth 40% of the current TV deal. It's tricky, because there are 72 clubs who are looking for cash, not accounting for other grass roots projects, and even the FA.

I would agree on the most part that there is too much money in football, and at some point it's all going to tumble down... maybe the next TV deal wouldn't be so large, who knows. But at the same point, lower league clubs should be able to exist on their own without handouts... stuff like EPPP where promising kids end up in the best academies (that also tend to be Premier League club academies)... without good compensation does make this whole thing tricky.... In some regards maybe the ones that make it should have some kinda of legacy payment attached to the club that discovered the talent (for example, if Dele had come over on EPPP, every year we make a payment to Milton Keynes). Things like this would help out lower league teams, and also help us get the best kids into the best academies.

It's all really tricky, because if we give too much away, we make our own top teams less able to compete with other clubs in Europe, who may have less qualms about even distribution... look at La Liga, Barcelona and Real make most of the TV revenue

The new model sees ten per cent of TV rights revenue given to second-tier Segunda B, with the remaining 90 per cent divided so that 50 per cent is equally shared between the league’s 20 teams, 25 per cent allocated according to results across the previous five seasons, and the final 25 per cent distributed based on metrics such as the number of television subscribers and viewers per match.

This apparently had the effect of making them earn only 4:1, rather than 8:1. In the PL, 20th place took £95m in 17/18, and the winners took £150m. That's the equivalent of our 20th place finisher getting £37.5m.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Oh Paul "maxi" miller followed me on twitter,wonder how long he will do that with my sense of humour/potty mouth??

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Didn't like him as a player, didn't like him as a reality TV personality, dont like him as a shock jock sports pundit.

Piece of shit.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I’m bored on a train and was just thinking about when we became ‘Spursy’....I mean 70’s and 80’s we won pretty much everything we were in, apart from 87 obviously, won the cup in ‘91......is that when the wheels came off? With the one exception in 2008......we’ve done really well in recent times when perhaps the judgement of ‘success’ has moved to how much money you earn. But in real old money terms of trophies when did we get ‘Spursy’...?

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Who remembers looking for holidays on cefax....!!!

"Theres one, get the number, pause it quick..... FUCK ITS GONE"!!!

87 fucking pages and an hour of your life later...... "Write the number down quick".

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
My browser just brought up the book cover shot when I first clicked on this thread. My immediate thought was "No like chicken badge"

Thank you for this.