By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Tottenham small talk

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Problem is Levy has seen what Poch did with no money and has gambled almost everything on Mourinho doing the same. If the cunt had only backed Poch when he asked (and having delivered everything and more, financially that Levy asked of him) we would be fine. Now it's chicken and egg, and all other revenue streams have been turned off by Covid. I don't mind at all if ENIC sell to Bezos or similar, as long as we retain some sort of soul, not Levy and the priority is always the football team retaining the flair that we've forever been associated with. With the way the world is at the moment I haven't got a clue what's going to happen next any more........
I think Levy (mistakenly) thinks hiring Jose reduces the need to buy players.Has he not watched the formula for jose`s success?does he not see the equation between wages and spending to success?You can buck the trend for a brief period,but the trend will outspend your buck and reclaim where you had got to.
It looks grim,are we going to catch liverpool,man city??meh,are we going to catch chelsea £200m in players richer,meh,united with a quality signing,arsenal actually buying defenders,wolves,everton,leicester,and whoever else breaks out from the pack of mediocrity.realistically we could finish from 3rd down to 9th,
It is so obvious,is Kane going to play 60 games from now until june?what happens when he is out and then if Son is out because he is plan B.Its coming at us so fast the chairman must be an idiot if he doesnt address it,trophy wise our season could be over end of sept if we are out of 2 competitions.Where is this ridiculous raise your dare,or to do something,anything about it.Glory glory net spend profit,FFS.
I guess the other clubs didnt get the memo about not buying players post covid.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I think Levy (mistakenly) thinks hiring Jose reduces the need to buy players.Has he not watched the formula for jose`s success?does he not see the equation between wages and spending to success?You can buck the trend for a brief period,but the trend will outspend your buck and reclaim where you had got to.
It looks grim,are we going to catch liverpool,man city??meh,are we going to catch chelsea £200m in players richer,meh,united with a quality signing,arsenal actually buying defenders,wolves,everton,leicester,and whoever else breaks out from the pack of mediocrity.realistically we could finish from 3rd down to 9th,
It is so obvious,is Kane going to play 60 games from now until june?what happens when he is out and then if Son is out because he is plan B.Its coming at us so fast the chairman must be an idiot if he doesnt address it,trophy wise our season could be over end of sept if we are out of 2 competitions.Where is this ridiculous raise your dare,or to do something,anything about it.Glory glory net spend profit,FFS.
I guess the other clubs didnt get the memo about not buying players post covid.
This is right. The acid test which is plain and simple is to compare us with Liverpool from 3 years ago or Chelsea. We were riding high and they couldn't qualify for the CL. At that point until now, especially Liverpool bought what they needed and backed a young progressive manager - looked what theyve achieved in 3 years, they're a better team than City. Chelsea are doing the same and United to a certain extent as well. I know the business model is different and they have enormously wealthy backers but their running the teams on debt against the overall value of the club. without ENIC we could be doing the same and in fact we need to to compete at the highest level. Levy shafted Poch and he knows it - that's why (in my view) the documentary is so heavily edited in favour of Mourinho. Poch has been air brushed out on Levy's authority.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Can I use this post to apologise for my posts...

I know I am coming across as a miserable, grumpy, pessimistic cunt in almost every thread...

I simply can't help it. I have been ruined when it comes to Spurs, the club has broken me. It genuinely doesn't bring me joy anymore, and I don't see that there is anything to get excited about.

I cant stop being a yid, but I have stopped enjoying it for the minute.

I'm considering just logging out for a while but in general I enjoy reading the posts you pricks post and if I am honest I am searching for a nugget to rekindle my fire.

Maybe the old absence makes the heart grow fonder approach is called for, but it 100% shouldn't have to be. I shouldn't have to force it should I.

I'm generally not a negative person, I try to see the positives in most circumstances but I'm struggling to see the angle with being a yid at the moment.

Anyways, if I dissappear its for all your and probably my own good.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member

I know I am coming across as a miserable, grumpy, pessimistic cunt in almost every thread...

I simply can't help it. I have been ruined when it comes to Spurs, the club has broken me. It genuinely doesn't bring me joy anymore, and I don't see that there is anything to get excited about.

I'm considering just logging out for a while but in general I enjoy reading the posts you pricks post and if I am honest I am searching for a nugget to rekindle my fire.

Maybe the old absence makes the heart grow fonder approach is called for, but it 100% shouldn't have to be. I shouldn't have to force it should I.

I'm generally not a negative person, I try to see the positives in most circumstances but I'm struggling to see the angle with being a yid at the moment.

No need to apologise mate, it’s probably just another straw in camels back syndrome. There’s not much joy anywhere you look at the moment is there. As a sweeping generalisation the world looks a bit fucked and it’s easy to get down about it. Harder thing is to try and stay positive and pin a bit of hope on the bloke in charge of the switch that illuminates the light at the end of the tunnel. Spurs will get better and out last us all, maybe we’ve just had it a bit too good over the past 4-5 years, and have been let down by the chairman’s lack of investment. It’s still better than it ever was in the 90’s and most of the 00’s. That total cunt Trump won’t be around forever to fuck the world up nor will our UK equivalent and nor will Covid.

Hope you and yours get through all of this intact, your contributions have value here so only leave if you must. I’m sure we all wish you well whatever you decide

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse

No need to apologize @Yid.

There's plenty going on in the world that can weigh heavily on one. None of us have been through a pandemic before. Throw in some racism, xenophobia, gun play, some right wing radical leaders & a healthy dollop of Trump on top & you've got quite the party fair.

As for the footy, I'm actually quite optimistic about Spurs. I sense that Jose has the squad pulling together & has a sort of renewed vigour about it.

Dave

Dave

Player in Training.
It's hard to be optimistic during uncertain times like these. It's all a bit fucking mad really. It's not fun, it's not enjoyable....its draining. As a person it's been shite lately, .As a Spurs fan, it's been shite lately...so all in all, it's been shite.
I think things will turn around for us eventually, but I feel we deserve a chairman who loves Football and the Spurs way of playing it. We do not have that.
Say what you want about Abramovich, but he loves his club and wants success ON it, and backs the managers so they can try to achieve it Our cunt only cares about being Daniel big bolox to his buddies, and showing off his achievements.....A League cup and a Billion quid stadium. To him, that's phenomenal, to the Spurs fan, it's an embarrassment. ,
I think things will improve but if we really want to achieve the success we crave and do it by entertaining and exciting fans, then I just think it'll NEVER happen with this chairman.....Levy out!

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
@Yid stop being a pussy,nothing to apologise for,fuck me I`ve turned into yid#1 ranting about the owner,how did that happen!!
If I ever turn into moe888 find me and put me out of my misery.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
@Yid stop being a pussy,nothing to apologise for,fuck me I`ve turned into yid#1 ranting about the owner,how did that happen!!
If I ever turn into moe888 find me and put me out of my misery.

LOL at YidNo1. You're so far from anything like that guy @skiathospurs. I remember that guy so well. So bloody negative & would only come on after a poor result & spew his vitriol. Never added any positivity. I actually had a run in with him on that other forum. Got fed up with him.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member

Oh fuck off! You ain't not nowhere near as grumpy as me, you're just a fucking amateur. I enjoy having a rant, but I also enjoy having a laugh as well. Of course the football has been shit, but I have always looked forward to the next game, well I did in the past, I have to admit that at the end of last season my enthusiasm dipped and I didn't even bother watching 1 game and it's been a fucking long time since that happened. This year I am reasonably optimistic, we have some good players, we have made a couple of reasonable signings, it will be a struggle but we could do well in one of the four competitions we are in.

If you can't bear to talk about football then there are plenty of other vital topics we all need to keep in focus - anchovies, the weather (scorchio here again),how much we all hate jazz, country and western and folk music, I really enjoy the music, tv and movies threads. The good stuff really does massively outweigh the shit stuff, honest injun,

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Trying to decide which one to pick for xmas,already have a few of these.Am being drawn towards the clive allen book because its an era is was hugely involved in.

ElQYV4OWoAMH0tL

Last edited:
skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Ah no,fuck you 2020.Great keeper,not in his prime for us,but a true great.RIP

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
Jeez - Thank fuck that's not Klopp's schedule, it would be completely unfair and we'd have 17 players injured. Since it's Spurs it's OK, certainly with everyone at UEFA, the FA and Premier league. With Levy as well I would imagine as most of those if not all will be on TV.