By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch summer 2019

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Tipped as Ndombele's replacement. Relevant because Auras stated "What I can say to you is if you see a very good box-to-box midfield youngster arrive, in the coming days, then there will be a chance that Tanguy Ndombele leaves, but for the moment, we have not received offers of the level that we feel is a just price," said the Lyon supremo on Tuesday.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Tipped as Ndombele's replacement. Relevant because Auras stated "What I can say to you is if you see a very good box-to-box midfield youngster arrive, in the coming days, then there will be a chance that Tanguy Ndombele leaves, but for the moment, we have not received offers of the level that we feel is a just price," said the Lyon supremo on Tuesday.

[Globo] Lyon signs Flamengo young midfielder Jean Lucas for €8m. Medicals expected next week.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
My only argument against would be depth.... its fucking killed us in recent years, but overall I agree.

I'd say give skip his squad number and allow him to fight and prove his value to the side.

As for Dele...... again not the player he once was. Great on his game, but they've been few too many this season. Played out of position, maybe. But top level players still find a way to effect the game. Too many times he has been a passenger while we slip away to a shitty draw or defeat.

For me maybe he has peaked? Maybe he has become a top 6 player who has the occasional worldie game or goal. Is he world class, not by a fucking long shot, but then I suppose the same argument could be wagered at all of the squad.

We do great things with good players and collectively bring them all up a notch.

I dont know, but Dele isnt what he promised to be at the minute.

Yeah i agree re Dele, although there weren't many stand out players in the 2nd half of the season. Other than some brilliant individual performances, largely in the cl, it seemed we were devoid of ideas, the passing went to shit and whether it was the stop start situation with players being injured or fatigue, i can't see us playing so poorly over a sustained period again. I think with Dele, next season is huge for him, i hope with a decent break, he'll be back to his best, coz his figures were way down on his previous couple of seasons but if he does struggle again then there will be a few question marks over whether he has reached his peak already.

Reactions: Yid
USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Jack Clarke liked a tweet that said he was set to join Spurs (he has since removed it)

pm7dlutqqd631.jpg

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed that #thfc target Tanguy Ndombele has asked to leave the club: "He is seeking a departure. Nothing is done but the door may be open." [GFFN]

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Lyon president Jean-Michel Aulas has revealed that #thfc target Tanguy Ndombele has asked to leave the club: "He is seeking a departure. Nothing is done but the door may be open." [GFFN]

Ndombele's potential replacement

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
So we might have Dier, Sissoko, Winks and Wanyama, plus Skipp and Amos and we feel the need to buy another defensive midfielder? Not sure I get it, when we need a Right back and creative attacking midfielder and reserve striker? Poch knows I guess.

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.
So we might have Dier, Sissoko, Winks and Wanyama, plus Skipp and Amos and we feel the need to buy another defensive midfielder? Not sure I get it, when we need a Right back and creative attacking midfielder and reserve striker? Poch knows I guess.

Skipp and Amos untested at the top level, Vic seems to spend more time on the treatment table than on the pitch and along with Eric aren’t seemingly the players they were a few years ago, so that leaves Moussa and Winksy. I definitely think we need a real injection of dynamism in that area of the pitch, in terms of depth and Ndombele has that in spades, he can also play across the whole midfield. No idea how he’ll adapt to the pl but having seen a bit of him in the cl, I think he’ll be fine and if we did get him, I for one would be very excited.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
The Squirrel can report from a fine array of click bait French media sites, Twitter and general hearsay, that Tanguy NDombele might be heading to White Hart Lane, the fee is anything between €62-70m with or without bonus’ everyone from Kylian Mbappe to Hugo Loris is telling him to come to us, he has or has not told the club he wants to leave and they might have signed a Brazilian called Jean Lucas as his replacement.

So we can say that NDombele might well be coming to Spurs and apparently betting has been suspended on Lo Celso joining us as well. He’s Argentinian so that might ‘have legs’ . Finally the Squirrel has some factual dramatic news........

We’re interested in a winger, he’s not Black or French, and his surname doesn’t start with a capital ‘N’ that position is likely already taken - see above...no this lad is white from Leeds and is called Jack Clark, so he’s got no chance has he?

Back to my nuts, watch this space. I’ll confirm all transfer just after they’re announced by the club 😉

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
So 20 minutes ago reports in france that the deal isn’t done then 10 min later. Lol

C

corroded

Player in Training.
Reckon they'll be announced together?

That would be some sign of intent from the club imo.

Those two are potentially serious additions.

Might mean the Dane is off though!

Even if Lo Celso is true, he won't be here for a while you'd think since the Copa is still going on?

Reactions: Yid
deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.

N'dombele is not really a defensive midfielder in the sense that most people mean it. He displays good close control, uses his body well and is a talented dribbler and passer both in terms of accuracy and range but also in the types and timing of the passes he can make.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
N'dombele is not really a defensive midfielder in the sense that most people mean it. He displays good close control, uses his body well and is a talented dribbler and passer both in terms of accuracy and range but also in the types and timing of the passes he can make.
I obviously know absolutely fuck all about football or players nowerdays but your description makes my winky jump a little..... that sounds like a replacement for the Moose...

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Seems more direct than Dembele in his ideals,video highlights can be awfully misleading but ,looks just what we need to change the slow side to side of last season.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Leeds United have granted permission for Jack Clarke to undergo a medical with #thfc today after the two clubs agreed an £8.5M fee for the winger. [Football Insider]