By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer watch (Winter 2016)

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Another young talent they have contrived to stifle.

Shit cunt of a club.
apparently shaw is the next they want to offload,lets hope they ditch rashford soon,have him in a heartbeat.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
I think Rashford is the one to go for if any...

Pliable but with relevant experience and may be willing to wait his turn.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Manchester United have sold Netherlands forward Memphis Depay to French Ligue 1 club Lyon.

It is thought the fee is £16m rising to £21.7m, with the add-ons including Lyon qualifying for the Champions League and Depay getting a new contract.

boo

boo

Founding Member
West Brom have completed the signing of Hull City midfielder Jake Livermore for an undisclosed fee, believed to be £10m.

Livermore, 27, joined Hull initially on loan in August 2013 and moves to the Baggies on a four-and-a-half year deal.

boo

boo

Founding Member
too late mate... Stoke have signed West Brom striker Saido Berahino for a fee of £12m on a five-and-a-half-year deal.

boo

boo

Founding Member
West Ham have signed Southampton captain Jose Fonte for £8m on a two-and-a-half-year deal.

The 33-year-old Portugal centre-back - who spent seven years at Southampton - made a transfer request with 18 months left to run on his Saints deal.

The transfer includes a possible £1m in add-ons and gives Fonte the option to extend his contract for a further year.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
too late mate... Stoke have signed West Brom striker Saido Berahino for a fee of £12m on a five-and-a-half-year deal.
Potential deal of the year.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I owed you an optimistic,I keep count dont you know :DJust not sure how strong berahino is in the head,the last year has been awful for him since some team turned his head.

boo

boo

Founding Member
Tottenham Hotspur forward Ryan Loft has joined Stevenage on loan until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old, who has yet to make a first-team appearance for Spurs, scored 14 goals in 22 games for Premier League club's Under 18's last season.

boo

boo

Founding Member
League Two club Yeovil Town have signed teenage striker Shayon Harrison on loan from Premier League side Tottenham Hotspur until the end of the season.

The 19-year-old made his first-team debut for Spurs in a 2-1 loss at Liverpool in the EFL Cup in October.

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
£12mill, feels like we missed out and would of been worth the risk for that price, but my head tells me that if we went in for him the price would of inflated.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
£12mill, feels like we missed out and would of been worth the risk for that price, but my head tells me that if we went in for him the price would of inflated.
It most certainly would not 'of' been worth the risk, it might 'have' been worth the risk, and the price might 'have' been inflated. Personally I think we dodged a bullet, his ability might be at the level we are looking for but his attitude is not. I don't think he will happy swapping one mediocre mid-table side for another one and it will all kick off again next season - if he regains his form, if not then he will just fade away.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Shall we have another go...? We then get another reserve striker and a reserve right sided attacking midfielder....great cover for Son/Lamela and Kane/Janssen....for no money and he's young, what's not to like???
The bit I didn't like was that he is a tantrummy cunt when things don't go his way, Ratfishboy II?

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
It most certainly would not 'of' been worth the risk, it might 'have' been worth the risk, and the price might 'have' been inflated. Personally I think we dodged a bullet, his ability might be at the level we are looking for but his attitude is not. I don't think he will happy swapping one mediocre mid-table side for another one and it will all kick off again next season - if he regains his form, if not then he will just fade away.

Am i back on shelfsidespurs ? ;););)

I did say "in my head" meaning in my opinion i believe the price would of been inflated.

Everyone has there own opinion on players and I certainly believe it would of been worth the risk. Dont care if he has attitude, he wanted to join us a few years back and the club wouldn't release him then just shoved him in the background to run out his contract. Yeah maybe he made mistakes but the club treated him just as bad.

23 years old, wouldnt of cost too much and if shit hit the pan probably could of got a fair amount of his fee back.

Just my opinion.

Liam

Liam

Founding Member
Robbir Keane is on soccer A.M this morning saying he's lookingto sign for a club before the end of the month. How long will it be before the loads of nostalgic yids are saying the solution and we should sign him?

Would be great to see him playing in England again but if he was to get an offer from China on silly money he should take it.Last pay day and all that!

Nundy

Nundy

Founding Member
Robbir Keane is on soccer A.M this morning saying he's lookingto sign for a club before the end of the month. How long will it be before the loads of nostalgic yids are saying the solution and we should sign him?

Only time Keano should return to WHL is after his playing career is over and he would be brilliant as a coach for the academy.

Can show the youngsters how to fluff a opportunity when you have time to pick your spot, but then how to smash the ball into the net when you've got a split second to react lol

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
I owed you an optimistic,I keep count dont you know :DJust not sure how strong berahino is in the head,the last year has been awful for him since some team turned his head.
'Informative'..Ha ha

There will never be any way of knowing about Berahino now. I like to think that Poch could have been a bit of a father figure, a mentor and got him going. Perhaps he has had insight from Kane and others through the England U21's that he isn't a 'team player' and may not have bought into the training...don't know.

Dorset

Dorset

The Voice Of Reason
Founding Member
Am i back on shelfsidespurs ? ;););)

I did say "in my head" meaning in my opinion i believe the price would of been inflated.

Everyone has there own opinion on players and I certainly believe it would of been worth the risk. Dont care if he has attitude, he wanted to join us a few years back and the club wouldn't release him then just shoved him in the background to run out his contract. Yeah maybe he made mistakes but the club treated him just as bad.

23 years old, wouldnt of cost too much and if shit hit the pan probably could of got a fair amount of his fee back.

Just my opinion.
Mate, your opinion is not what I am whining on like an old bitch about. You might be spot on about Berahino, I don't like the bloke but that's OK, we all have different opinions, yours and the correct one - joke! But, I will fight against 'would of' and 'should of ' wherever I see it, and you did it again just to annoy name didn't you? My blood pressure is high enough without seeing this crime against the Ingerlish language, didn't you not get learned nothing buy your teacher's? Their cunts for not learning you proper grammar.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member

Would be great to see him playing in England again but if he was to get an offer from China on silly money he should take it.Last pay day and all that!
He should sign for his boyhood Liverpool. ...

Cunt.

Style And Glory

Style And Glory

On My High Trojan Horse
RANOCCHIA TO SPURS?

Tottenham are looking at Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia, according to the London Evening Standard.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
RANOCCHIA TO SPURS?

Tottenham are looking at Inter Milan defender Andrea Ranocchia, according to the London Evening Standard.

Hope not if any of this is to be believed..posted in July 2016, not sure what his season has been like so far.

Inter Milan returned to training this week in Riscone di Brunico, and amid the plush surroundings of the Alpine resort and the warm embrace of their gleeful fanbase, the players looked positive about the upcoming season, with striker Mauro Icardi promising "great things" and a return to the Champions League.

However, at the presentation of the club's new kit, not all was harmonious. Midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia received warm cheers, but former captain Andrea Ranocchia was actually booed by fans. Why such contrasting responses to two players who have both flattered to deceive?

Ranocchia's fall from grace is a fascinating story, one that saw him be touted as the next great defender before being unceremoniously loaned to Sampdoria last season. He is reportedly on the transfer list alongside fellow disappointment Juan Jesus, who is said to be very close to Roma.

What is remarkable isn't that Inter want to be rid of both defenders, but how two such promising talents failed so epically at the San Siro. At one stage, Ranocchia became a regular figure of ridicule, with his biggest blunders abounding on the web.

Ranocchia and Jesus are, simply put, a painful reminder of what happens when prospects aren't given any continuity, or even encouragement to succeed.

When Inter acquired the Assisi-born Italian back in 2011, many saw him, not Bari teammate Leonardo Bonucci, as the future of Italian defending. The Brazilian Jesus arrived the following year with the reputation of an all-action, tough-tackling mainstay.

They both began life pretty well with the Nerazzurri, or at least flashed enough talent to prove that they could stand up and be counted. A particular performance against Torino in 2012 saw the two complement each other perfectly: Ranocchia the tall header of the ball, Jesus the snappy tackler and pacy runner.

By the time manager Roberto Mancini returned in 2014, however, he'd seen enough of the both of them to lobby for the signing of both Joao Miranda and Jeison Murillo. The Italian defender was still captain at the time, but found himself unceremoniously relegated to the bench.

Ranocchia had degenerated to the point that his confidence was completely shot, his man-marking and positioning non-existent. Whether it was unwittingly assisting a Genoa goal or falling over to allow Gonzalo Higuain to net a last-minute Coppa Italia winner, Ranocchia was a shadow of his former self.

Jesus, for his part, often had Miranda shaking his head at his lack of positioning last season, and put on a couple of horrible January displays, which neatly coincided with Inter's fade from the Scudetto race.

In truth, the failure to develop these two players into reasonable, possibly good Serie A defenders has more to do with Inter than the players' own shortcomings. Never uttering a bad word when he was at the San Siro, Ranocchia suddenly blew up when he moved to Sampdoria, claiming that he'd be judged even when he was playing well.

In retrospect, it's frankly shocking that Inter didn't do more to shield both Ranocchia and Jesus and provide them with an experienced presence in defence -- or at least one who could still remain upright. Ranocchia's second season (2012-13) at Inter saw him rarely miss a game, while veteran Walter Samuel only played 15 times. Jesus made 29 appearances in the middle.

To compound things, Ranocchia was even handed the captain's armband in 2014 (and Marco Materazzi's No. 23 jersey),as if thrusting more responsibility on an inconsistent 25-year-old is in any way a good idea.

Constant managerial changes didn't help, either, with the six coaches who succeeded Jose Mourinho in 2010 veering between a three-man and a four-man defence, which prevented Jesus or Ranocchia from learning, or having the time to adapt well to a specific system.

It is telling that both players are seen -- at least by some gaffers -- to be talents who can still be moulded into sure things: Roma boss Luciano Spalletti has been after the Brazilian for a while, while Ranocchia was pursued by the defensive-minded Sinisa Mihajlovic when he was coaching Milan. Ranocchia is also liked by former Italy coach Antonio Conte, who called up and started Ranocchia even when the going was tough at Inter.

The good news for Inter is that both players are arguably surplus to requirements. Ranocchia looked shocking when he played against Inter for Sampdoria back in February, while Jesus doesn't quite guarantee enough stability in the middle, or enough attacking intent as a full-back.

The bad news is that Inter have chopped and changed a lot of late -- recent acquisitions like Xerdan Shaqiri, Mateo Kovacic, Alex Telles and Dodo have all come and gone already. Fans can only hope that Inter have learned their lesson.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Founding Member
What's Steven Caulker doing these days? Don't want to sign him, just curious.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hope not if any of this is to be believed..posted in July 2016, not sure what his season has been like so far.

Inter Milan returned to training this week in Riscone di Brunico, and amid the plush surroundings of the Alpine resort and the warm embrace of their gleeful fanbase, the players looked positive about the upcoming season, with striker Mauro Icardi promising "great things" and a return to the Champions League.

However, at the presentation of the club's new kit, not all was harmonious. Midfielder Geoffrey Kondogbia received warm cheers, but former captain Andrea Ranocchia was actually booed by fans. Why such contrasting responses to two players who have both flattered to deceive?

Ranocchia's fall from grace is a fascinating story, one that saw him be touted as the next great defender before being unceremoniously loaned to Sampdoria last season. He is reportedly on the transfer list alongside fellow disappointment Juan Jesus, who is said to be very close to Roma.

What is remarkable isn't that Inter want to be rid of both defenders, but how two such promising talents failed so epically at the San Siro. At one stage, Ranocchia became a regular figure of ridicule, with his biggest blunders abounding on the web.

Ranocchia and Jesus are, simply put, a painful reminder of what happens when prospects aren't given any continuity, or even encouragement to succeed.

When Inter acquired the Assisi-born Italian back in 2011, many saw him, not Bari teammate Leonardo Bonucci, as the future of Italian defending. The Brazilian Jesus arrived the following year with the reputation of an all-action, tough-tackling mainstay.

They both began life pretty well with the Nerazzurri, or at least flashed enough talent to prove that they could stand up and be counted. A particular performance against Torino in 2012 saw the two complement each other perfectly: Ranocchia the tall header of the ball, Jesus the snappy tackler and pacy runner.

By the time manager Roberto Mancini returned in 2014, however, he'd seen enough of the both of them to lobby for the signing of both Joao Miranda and Jeison Murillo. The Italian defender was still captain at the time, but found himself unceremoniously relegated to the bench.

Ranocchia had degenerated to the point that his confidence was completely shot, his man-marking and positioning non-existent. Whether it was unwittingly assisting a Genoa goal or falling over to allow Gonzalo Higuain to net a last-minute Coppa Italia winner, Ranocchia was a shadow of his former self.

Jesus, for his part, often had Miranda shaking his head at his lack of positioning last season, and put on a couple of horrible January displays, which neatly coincided with Inter's fade from the Scudetto race.

In truth, the failure to develop these two players into reasonable, possibly good Serie A defenders has more to do with Inter than the players' own shortcomings. Never uttering a bad word when he was at the San Siro, Ranocchia suddenly blew up when he moved to Sampdoria, claiming that he'd be judged even when he was playing well.

In retrospect, it's frankly shocking that Inter didn't do more to shield both Ranocchia and Jesus and provide them with an experienced presence in defence -- or at least one who could still remain upright. Ranocchia's second season (2012-13) at Inter saw him rarely miss a game, while veteran Walter Samuel only played 15 times. Jesus made 29 appearances in the middle.

To compound things, Ranocchia was even handed the captain's armband in 2014 (and Marco Materazzi's No. 23 jersey),as if thrusting more responsibility on an inconsistent 25-year-old is in any way a good idea.

Constant managerial changes didn't help, either, with the six coaches who succeeded Jose Mourinho in 2010 veering between a three-man and a four-man defence, which prevented Jesus or Ranocchia from learning, or having the time to adapt well to a specific system.

It is telling that both players are seen -- at least by some gaffers -- to be talents who can still be moulded into sure things: Roma boss Luciano Spalletti has been after the Brazilian for a while, while Ranocchia was pursued by the defensive-minded Sinisa Mihajlovic when he was coaching Milan. Ranocchia is also liked by former Italy coach Antonio Conte, who called up and started Ranocchia even when the going was tough at Inter.

The good news for Inter is that both players are arguably surplus to requirements. Ranocchia looked shocking when he played against Inter for Sampdoria back in February, while Jesus doesn't quite guarantee enough stability in the middle, or enough attacking intent as a full-back.

The bad news is that Inter have chopped and changed a lot of late -- recent acquisitions like Xerdan Shaqiri, Mateo Kovacic, Alex Telles and Dodo have all come and gone already. Fans can only hope that Inter have learned their lesson.
So thats a no then Don :D:D

B

Basskadet

Founding Member
Mate, your opinion is not what I am whining on like an old bitch about. You might be spot on about Berahino, I don't like the bloke but that's OK, we all have different opinions, yours and the correct one - joke! But, I will fight against 'would of' and 'should of ' wherever I see it, and you did it again just to annoy name didn't you? My blood pressure is high enough without seeing this crime against the Ingerlish language, didn't you not get learned nothing buy your teacher's? Their cunts for not learning you proper grammar.

You should of kept your mouth shut....

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Hmmmmmmm
http://www.express.co.uk/sport/foot...-Transfer-News-Erik-Lamela-Roma-Return-Summer
Hate it when people put 2+2 together & get 17 then sensationalise it

Tottenham transfer shocker: Star wants to return to former club

ERIK LAMELA wants to leave Tottenham in the summer to return to his former club Roma, according to reports.

reports,claims,are said,reportedly,suggest,
according to,daily express,load of bollox,made it up........blah blah....

Last edited:
boo

boo

Founding Member
Sunderland have signed former Aston Villa defender Joleon Lescott on a short-term contract.

The 34-year-old, who played under Black Cats boss David Moyes at Everton between 2006 and 2009, has joined until the end of the season.