By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Summer 2020/21

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Never too early to be linked to transfers...

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Clubs in England will be able to buy players until September 1 in the next transfer window following a vote on Thursday

Premier League clubs have voted to push England's summer transfer window deadline back to September 1 for the 2020-21 season.
In 2017, clubs decided to support the closing of the transfer window the day before the Premier League season began, with many managers previously suggesting the uncertainty that accompanied a later deadline was not beneficial.

This measure was brought in ahead of the 2018-19 season and remained in place at the start of 2019-20, but decriers felt it left Premier League clubs at a major disadvantage to European teams, with the other major UEFA nations not bringing their deadline forward.

The new deadline for England's summer transfer window will be 17:00 BST on September 1, 2020.

In a statement, the Premier League said: "At a Shareholders’ Meeting today, Premier League clubs voted to adopt a change to the Summer Transfer Window closing date for season 2020/21.

"This will move the closing date back to the traditional point at the end of August/early September.

"The 2020 closing date will therefore be 17:00 BST on 1 September (31 August 2020 being a UK Bank Holiday).

"Clubs agreed after discussing the topic at length at previous Shareholders' Meetings."

Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp had previously voiced his support for the idea of bringing the English deadline back into line with the remainder of Europe.

Speaking in September 2019, the former Mainz and Borussia Dortmund boss said: "I don't care when it closes, but it must close at the same time. They spoke about finishing it before the season starts. Good idea, but only England did it. That makes no sense. It was a good idea but it didn't work out."

Former Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino said: "I think that was a big mistake for the Premier League to allow that - we open the door to different clubs in Europe to try to create confusion within your squad.

"It can create a mess at clubs like us, clubs in England."

The Premier League also confirmed the 2020-21 season shall begin on Saturday, August 8.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

According to the Turkish news outlet Gunes, Tottenham Hotspur manager Jose Mourinho is keen on bolstering his attacking department this summer with the signing of Roma winger Cengiz Under, but there’s a catch.

It’s claimed that the Spurs boss is already considering his options as he wants to bring more forward players to the club during the off-season.

However, Mourinho will only move for a player of Under’s calibre if they qualify for the Champions League this season and with them currently sat fifth in the top-flight currently, they have every chance of doing so.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Tottenham now reportedly want to beat them to the youngster’s signature.

Jose Mourinho now apparently feels that the right-back could be a good addition to his squad, with Tottenham still short of options in the position.

Serge Aurier has improved significantly this term, but there are still question marks over his defensive quality.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Transfer water thread lol,is that ITK cryptic for "under the bridge"
PS you can edit the title.

Well we shipped some out,we still have more to exile!!wanyama is like herpes,once you have it,cant get rid of,seriously thinking of adding foyth and dier to the list.I would think with the rise of tanganga Jan will be allowed to bow out gracefully,super Jan,thank you!!Oh yeah danny`s tempoary exile still to be sorted,Vorm will retire again,anyone else???Well,lamela?being available 44% of the time is starting to hurt us,can he get fit and can tanguy lay off the sandwiches in the canteen and run for more than 20mins!!

Incomings?could do with a left and right back perhaps Cirkin LB who jose rates will breakthrough?,CB if foyth and Jan went (maybe more a prospect?) ,a DM,quality starter if dier,winks,sissoko cant do whats required,and cover for harry,big lump target man,not another short pacey winger type,we have plenty in that dept.
If we bought cheap say we use cirkin thats RB,CB,DM,ST,if they average out at £30m a pop thats £120m minimum.,squeeze £30m out of the rose,wanyama,foyth,£20m for dier only £70m net spend,should be possible??

This is in feb so a lot of water to flow under the bridge before june,now I see what you did there!!

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Did I really do that or is a mod playing a prank on me...?

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Did I really do that or is a mod playing a prank on me...?
there are no mods here,only admin,and you have to call him on the batphone for spammers.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
OFC there is the old relegated team bargain hunts,pukki would do just fine,also that soppy haired norwich midfielder yids got a boner for,id have antonio from west ham WHEN they drop,watford or villa?,grealish is good but we`d need to sell a decent player to pay and make room.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
can someone call him about the guy that posts all the live match links?
yeah i been thinking about sending a DM to clean up his shite,i asked the bloke if he would do one thread for his streams,but he keeps spamming away.
@River

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
OFC there is the old relegated team bargain hunts,pukki would do just fine,also that soppy haired norwich midfielder yids got a boner for,id have antonio from west ham WHEN they drop,watford or villa?,grealish is good but we`d need to sell a decent player to pay and make room.
I agree both those Norwich lads will go to bigger clubs.... Puki to sit on the bench and share the burden with Troy in the milk cup I wouldnt be pissed about.

They will turn a profit too I reckon.

Antonio is too much of a big time Charlie... I reckon he would flounder in a bigger pool.... he will go to Newcastle and be great for 4 months then disappear.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
I saw an interesting piece on the Haaland transfer to Dortmund.The lad was chased hard by Juve and United,and probably some other suitors.His agent said the reason he went to dortmund was basically the other clubs wanted him,dortmund needed him,and though they might have more stature,it was more important to join a team and play at that age and stage of his career.Made me think how this must play against us at the moment in some regards,we have had a pretty good run,champions league finalists,and being honest much as we bleat about the team our squad is mostly pretty talented,as recent league positions would substantiate.

So with a fairly strong first eleven how do we attract players if we cant guarantee them game time (as much as in how can any team guarantee anyone game time).Well it suits Levy in a way because because very young talent like Clarke or Etete would come,our recent history is strong with academy prospects progression.Then the slightly higher age group 19-22,the choice for sessegnon is join say Villa,leicester and like haaland use them as a stepping stone?or do you go straight to a club where playing could be harder to come by.?Grealish and maddison seem to think that option is working and they are catching the eye.
Or with early to mid 20s players,(levys favourite targets because of resaleability) we attract mostly foreign players,their dream is to play in the premier league,their clubs will sell because the fee far outreaches their national leagues or most other countries,so we have topped up with this level and type of player,for a number of years now.And finally there are the mid 20s and over,players in their pomp and prime,proven in a decent league or team of stature,the premier league,la liga,serie A,or from bayern, etc.These players we rarely sign unless they are a bargain,I would say VDV,hugo and probably our most recent or last signing of this ready out the box calibre was Toby,VDV and Toby certainly came in to the bargain category.Early days but perhaps Bergwijn is somewhere between the last 2 categorys,young,but almost ready,much like Moura when we took him,potential but no real history at the highest level of "doing it".

Do I have a point to make here?not sure,but unless we follow what liverpool did,and be precise with a couple of top,proven players,can we ever take the next step?Hasnt it been that way since redknapp??I dont know the answer with financial constraints,paying for a stadium,tight arsed owner and so on,we need a leap of trust and faith by the club to buy the two?players that would make a huge difference (dont ask me who or what position).Or do we play the Bale,modric,carrick,berbatov,eriksen? lottery,hope to stumble across a player of real quality and value (financially),who eventually uses us as a stepping stone.
Is it maybe worth speaking of heresy and sell a god given asset Kane or Dele (perhaps Son) for a huge chunk of wedge and rebuild with a couple of out the box ready talents (not the not-so magnificent 7 waste of the Bale money!).

I mean we have positions we want to strengthen,and have areas we need to strengthen (and didnt),do we carry on with the last decades strategy or up the ante hoping to go a step further,personally I would sign less in numbers and much higher quality if we are to stay in the top 4 and europes elite for an era.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
I saw an interesting piece on the Haaland transfer to Dortmund.The lad was chased hard by Juve and United,and probably some other suitors.His agent said the reason he went to dortmund was basically the other clubs wanted him,dortmund needed him,and though they might have more stature,it was more important to join a team and play at that age and stage of his career.Made me think how this must play against us at the moment in some regards,we have had a pretty good run,champions league finalists,and being honest much as we bleat about the team our squad is mostly pretty talented,as recent league positions would substantiate.

So with a fairly strong first eleven how do we attract players if we cant guarantee them game time (as much as in how can any team guarantee anyone game time).Well it suits Levy in a way because because very young talent like Clarke or Etete would come,our recent history is strong with academy prospects progression.Then the slightly higher age group 19-22,the choice for sessegnon is join say Villa,leicester and like haaland use them as a stepping stone?or do you go straight to a club where playing could be harder to come by.?Grealish and maddison seem to think that option is working and they are catching the eye.
Or with early to mid 20s players,(levys favourite targets because of resaleability) we attract mostly foreign players,their dream is to play in the premier league,their clubs will sell because the fee far outreaches their national leagues or most other countries,so we have topped up with this level and type of player,for a number of years now.And finally there are the mid 20s and over,players in their pomp and prime,proven in a decent league or team of stature,the premier league,la liga,serie A,or from bayern, etc.These players we rarely sign unless they are a bargain,I would say VDV,hugo and probably our most recent or last signing of this ready out the box calibre was Toby,VDV and Toby certainly came in to the bargain category.Early days but perhaps Bergwijn is somewhere between the last 2 categorys,young,but almost ready,much like Moura when we took him,potential but no real history at the highest level of "doing it".

Do I have a point to make here?not sure,but unless we follow what liverpool did,and be precise with a couple of top,proven players,can we ever take the next step?Hasnt it been that way since redknapp??I dont know the answer with financial constraints,paying for a stadium,tight arsed owner and so on,we need a leap of trust and faith by the club to buy the two?players that would make a huge difference (dont ask me who or what position).Or do we play the Bale,modric,carrick,berbatov,eriksen? lottery,hope to stumble across a player of real quality and value (financially),who eventually uses us as a stepping stone.
Is it maybe worth speaking of heresy and sell a god given asset Kane or Dele (perhaps Son) for a huge chunk of wedge and rebuild with a couple of out the box ready talents (not the not-so magnificent 7 waste of the Bale money!).

I mean we have positions we want to strengthen,and have areas we need to strengthen (and didnt),do we carry on with the last decades strategy or up the ante hoping to go a step further,personally I would sign less in numbers and much higher quality if we are to stay in the top 4 and europes elite for an era.
20/20 hindsight is a wonderful thing isn’t it, but had we signed 2 or 3 quality players rather than the magnificent 7 we would likely have won several trophies by now. The best teams at least in my view are built around a strong spine. Spurs has always been built around flair players, at least in my time. Back in the day we had the likes of Mackay, we need a modern day version now, to take the next step and a van Dijk behind him to replace Toby and Jan. we have always been considered a bit lightweight, to take the next step it’s time for a change, whatever it costs.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
No suprise to either of those reports,both common sense.I could claim to be ITK and say Jan will sign for Ajax,but that too is mere common sense.
I hope last home game we can bring Jan to tears with a show of love&support for his service,he has been a good egg and become a Spur,its not every player that comes and goes that takes that on.

or

OFC he could have had a real internal breakdown after the saints game,and come out & think it,fuck it I am better than that,play like a demon and get an extension,funny old game this football.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
We need to make sure the lad is ok...

He was a wreck after that last game... it wasn't nice to see.

Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
No suprise to either of those reports,both common sense.I could claim to be ITK and say Jan will sign for Ajax,but that too is mere common sense.
I hope last home game we can bring Jan to tears with a show of love&support for his service,he has been a good egg and become a Spur,its not every player that comes and goes that takes that on.

or

OFC he could have had a real internal breakdown after the saints game,and come out & think it,fuck it I am better than that,play like a demon and get an extension,funny old game this football.
He has generally given great service over the years, but do you remember a couple of indifferent periods, one when Sherwood was manager and it's strange that for a player of his stature he seems never really to have been considered Captain material. I will be sorry to see him go, but seems that he has lost his form and mojo. He wasn't a regular starter under Poch this season either. At the end of the day they are all 'employees' now, the Stevie P/General days are very long gone now. We as fans demand loyalty and commitment but they don't always get that back from the clubs or 'employers' so I guess when their done - move on, thanks and good luck. The apparent lack in most cases of any form of sentiment is common, maybe Levy will give him a carriage clock,......... probably not though.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
He has generally given great service over the years, but do you remember a couple of indifferent periods, one when Sherwood was manager and it's strange that for a player of his stature he seems never really to have been considered Captain material. I will be sorry to see him go, but seems that he has lost his form and mojo. He wasn't a regular starter under Poch this season either. At the end of the day they are all 'employees' now, the Stevie P/General days are very long gone now. We as fans demand loyalty and commitment but they don't always get that back from the clubs or 'employers' so I guess when their done - move on, thanks and good luck. The apparent lack in most cases of any form of sentiment is common, maybe Levy will give him a carriage clock,......... probably not though.
Levy will be standing by the door making sure he isnt taking any kit with him !

Chavhater01

Chavhater01

Player in Training.

Wasn’t too sure where to put this, so i’ve taken an educated guess and because it’s transfer related, then this is where it’s home shall be.

So I have so many issues with Levy’s remarks in this piece. Yes spending money doesn’t necessarily buy you success but fuck me, I genuinely don’t think this guy knows anything about football. I could spend ages picking apart this piece but I can’t be arsed!!

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Tell that to Real Madrid, Man Citeh, Barcelona, Liverpool, Man United, Bayern, Juventus..... I dont need to go on do I.....?

Fucking cheap skate cunt needs to pipe the fuck down and fuck the fuck off...!

I havent read the article but I dont need to in order to irrationally wig out and call him a diamond encrusted thunder cunt...!!!