By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Transfer Window Winter 22/23

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

Lord High Chief of the Privvy
We’re tipped for a “six man January clear-out” apparently.

Three of the season-long loans firstly. Rodon, Lo Celso and Fatty.

We might even be finally rid of Fatty as apparently Napoli have an obligation to buy him (pies) if they finish in the top four and they’re currently 8 points clear in Serie A so here’s hoping.

The other three being Sessegnon, Doherty and Royal.

Emerson, sure, but I personally think the other two are worth keeping.

That said, Conte clearly hates Doherty so he might be off anyway.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

This could certainly become a thing I suppose.

As much as Levy remains the cunt eternal, I can certainly see the argument in not wanting to commit to more transfers if there's no guarantee Conte will be around beyond the end of the season.

But then I refer to the post from my right honourable colleague above .. 🤣

Reactions: Yid
ClemFandango

ClemFandango

In a move that literally everybody except Levy saw coming, Juan Foyth is excelling at Villareal to the point where Chelsea and United are apparently looking to sign him for around £36 million.

We let him go on loan first and then for a fee of around £15 million.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Ally McCoist should have his fucking tongue cut out after suggesting Harry Maguire come to Spurs.

And I like Ally McCoist.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Sevilla ask about Sarr

Valencia still thinking about Gil

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
12/24/22 BBC round up

Liverpool and Tottenham are among the top Premier League sides ready to submit contract offers to Inter Milan and Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar, 27. (Teamtalk)

Tottenham are attracting interest in Spain winger Bryan Gil, 21, and Senegal midfielder Pape Sarr, 20, with the transfer window about to open. (Relevo, via Mail)

Tottenham are long-time admirers of Adama Traore but new Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui hopes the Spain winger, 26, will sign a new contract at Molineux, with his current deal set to expire next summer. (90min)

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
12/25/22 BBC roundup

Tottenham and Liverpool are among a host of Premier League sides ready to make a move for Slovakia defender Milan Skriniar, 27, whose Inter Milan contract expires at the end of the season. (Teamtalk)

Tottenham are monitoring Manuel Ugarte's situation at Sporting Lisbon, with the 21-year-old Uruguay defender struggling to agree a new contract with the Portuguese club. (Record - subscription required)

Tottenham are interested in signing 23-year-old Spain right-back Pedro Porro from Sporting Lisbon. (Football.London)

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Napoli are hopeful of tying up a permanent deal for 25-year-old French midfielder Tanguy Ndombele, who has been on loan with them from Tottenham since August. (FootMercato, in French)

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Ali gold has our targets as :

Midfield/attack

Tete

Malinovskyi

Harvey Barnes

RWB

Porto
Dumfries

Gusto

Vanderson

He also mentions Martin Terrier and Ismailia Sarr as forward options and that we’ll be monitoring Kessie and McKennie. Name drops Zaha and Adama as players out of contract this summer. Anthony Gordon interest but new contract probably scuppers that. Offers for Emerson to be listened to over Doherty. And then loans for young players (Gil, Sarr, Tanganga (might be sold),White, Devine),possible new Rodon loan/sale and Lo Celso sale. Along with everything you said above.

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

I'm paraphrasing this slightly from Twatter ..

"Chelsea have communicated their willingness to pay Argentina midfielder Enzo Fernandez's £105 million release clause at Benfica"

"Tottenham have got about £30m plus sales to spend but could do a loan to buy which won't eat in to the £30m"

And this is what The Daily Hotspur people wrote about that, which I can't really argue with ..

Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
Q. What happened to game changing stadium?
A. We have not had a full season in it, to appreciate it. Let’s see the end of season finances and the summer spend.

Q. Why are we appointing Conte and not backing him?
A. 2 windows have provided Perisic, Richarlison, Bentancor, Kulusevski, Spence, Lenglet, Udogie, Bissouma, Romero. That’s 7 starting 11 players and 2 for the future.

Q. What happened to the £150 cash injection?
A. Richarlison, Bissouma and Spence cost £101mill. So that leaves £49mill. Problem is our squad side and quota. We need to sell before we replace.

Q. Why are we paying the highest season ticket?
A. We are in London, we are not owned by a country/state, and people are happy to pay that amount of money. I am.

Fucking Click bait articles….such shit journalism.

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.
Tottenham Hotspur have "taken the first steps" in a deal to re-sign English Sporting Lisbon midfielder Marcus Edwards, 24. (A Bola, via TeamTalk)

Spurs are also close to completing a £35m deal for Sporting Lisbon defender Pedro Porro, 23. (Star)

W

wentworth

Player in Training.
We’re tipped for a “six man January clear-out” apparently.

Three of the season-long loans firstly. Rodon, Lo Celso and Fatty.

We might even be finally rid of Fatty as apparently Napoli have an obligation to buy him (pies) if they finish in the top four and they’re currently 8 points clear in Serie A so here’s hoping.

The other three being Sessegnon, Doherty and Royal.

Emerson, sure, but I personally think the other two are worth keeping.

That said, Conte clearly hates Doherty so he might be off anyway.
Time to get rid of Emerson, Sessegnon (gone backwards),Doherty, Tanganga, Sanchez, Skipp...all utility players with little skill and ability. Soon be forgotten.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Right, for me...

Everyone in that side apart from Kane, Son, Kulu, Bentancur, Romero, Richarlison can fuck off...

I'd add that Conté can also do one, but it don't matter who is running the weekend show while the side is underfunded, and the manager is not actually in control of the players that come into the side/club.

I will hold my reservations on Djed until he actually has a run in the side.

I don't know who the best new players are so I can't tell you who we need to get, but I'd start with an entire new back line and goalie...

ENIC OUT

Last edited:
Havocc

Havocc

Founding Member
I would try to bring in Jose Sa or Illan Meslier as the future Hugo replacement

Bring in a couple of CB, maybe Bastoni or Kilgannon from Wolves

Porro as a RB, Maddison in the middle

Sell all the obvious players

ClemFandango

ClemFandango

We should definitely be planning on Hugo's successor already. It's certainly not Fraser bloody Forster though.

Whoever it might be needs to be at the club already and getting game time in the cups while learning from Hugo and the coaching team before taking over when Hugo calls it a day.

But that would take forward planning though, wouldn't it, and not a last minute bloody shopping trolley dash up the aisle to see who's got a reduced yellow label sticker ..