By using properspursy.com services you agree to our Cookies Use and Data Transfer outside the EU.
We and our partners operate globally and use cookies, including for analytics, personalisation, ads and Newsletters.

• Love the Shirt - Tottenham Forum

Join one of the best Tottenham Hotspur Supporters forums on the interweb, Discuss the ins and outs of our great club with like minded spurs fans from around the world.

Join us!

Troy Parrott

USspur

USspur

Player in Training.

Now a report in the Irish Independentsuggests that Ireland U19 manager Tom Mohan has been informed by Tottenham that Parrott will not be available for the U19 European Championships in Armenia next week.
Parrott has been training with Tottenham's first team throughout this week and with the team flying out to Singapore next week, his omission from the Irish squad suggests he will be joining Spurs' stars on the plane.
Pochettino always takes a handful of young players on the summer tours and often it leads to their senior debut if they impressed on the travels.

The Cryptkeeper

The Cryptkeeper

The Aussie Yid
Given what I have seen, there is no reason for us to go into the transfer market to look for a Harry Kane backup. Sign Llorente for another season and get some minutes into Parrott, who looks a very nice prospect.

And if it all goes tits up, Sonny can more than ably fill the roll of striker.

Yid

Yid

Founding Member
Given what I have seen, there is no reason for us to go into the transfer market to look for a Harry Kane backup. Sign Llorente for another season and get some minutes into Parrott, who looks a very nice prospect.

And if it all goes tits up, Sonny can more than ably fill the roll of striker.
I have to agree... Moura, Son, Kane, Parrot is quite a diverse quartet with multiple options.

I'd love Poch to give Troy the nod for League Cup games and a whole bunch of the other kids we saw. Skip has got to start featuring more, Marsh, Georgiou and Gazza also have to get some game time.

We're in 4 comps so it cant be that difficult to get them all a dozen+ games while resting your big hitters.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
What a mature bloke, next Harry Kane?
Man will be a multi-millionaire,and a star,and still no sign of ego,me me me,just a will to be better and succeed.Just like Kane..

deejbah

deejbah

Player in Training.
This lad is really good and has that inventiveness that so often gets coached out of players.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
Is he training with the senior squad? I don't recall any loan announcement.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Is he training with the senior squad? I don't recall any loan announcement.
He is training at least at times with the 1st team now,i really doubt he will go on loan,i would bet he plays against colchester in the league cup.As well as having Son&Moura as cover,I would think a big reason we didnt do a (short term?) replacement for llorente is because or troys potential.

spurious

spurious

Player in Training.
He is training at least at times with the 1st team now,i really doubt he will go on loan,i would bet he plays against colchester in the league cup.As well as having Son&Moura as cover,I would think a big reason we didnt do a (short term?) replacement for llorente is because or troys potential.
That's what I'm hoping. If he's good enough, he's old enough and all that. He can learn how to kick anywhere he trains, and I'm sure Jesus Perez and his staff are involved in the conditioning work for all the age groups, but for learning shape and movement, he should be with the big boys. Haven't been this excited about an academy prospect since...well, ever. Winks, Kane and KWP were pleasant surprises, more or less.

Oh yeah. Edwards. Bentaleb. Onomah.

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
That's what I'm hoping. If he's good enough, he's old enough and all that. He can learn how to kick anywhere he trains, and I'm sure Jesus Perez and his staff are involved in the conditioning work for all the age groups, but for learning shape and movement, he should be with the big boys. Haven't been this excited about an academy prospect since...well, ever. Winks, Kane and KWP were pleasant surprises, more or less.

Oh yeah. Edwards. Bentaleb. Onomah.
Poch said today he will train and play a mixture of 1st team and U23 team,there are others ahead of him in the 1st team and he needs to not have pressure on him (of expectation i guess?).

skiathospurs

skiathospurs

Founding Member
Poch said today he will train and play a mixture of 1st team and U23 team,there are others ahead of him in the 1st team and he needs to not have pressure on him (of expectation i guess?).
"I think the progress [he has made] was there because he had the possibility to be involved in pre-season,"
"Now he's more consistently training with the first team. But I think he needs time, we need to be relaxed. We cannot put his name in the spotlight every day because we're not going to help him by doing that. He's still so young.

"The best way to help him is to be calm and relaxed about him. If he's going to be involved, perfect. If he's going to be involved with the U23s instead, perfect. Sometimes he'll train with us, good.

"Now it's a process where he needs to be relaxed. If we put too much pressure we're going to force or push him to make a mistake and that's what we don't want.Always it's exciting when a youngster arrives from the academy. People talk and the fans need to be relaxed. We have plenty of experienced players in our squad, senior players that are still above him. "

Last edited:
Don Diaz

Don Diaz

Zero tolerance of Numpty's
Founding Member
Put him in, coach!
He’ll only get a chance if we’re 4-0 up against Norwich in the cup with 10 minutes to go, or all of Kane,Son,Dele,Bergwijn,Moura, Lamela are injured, I reckon. I hope the former comes to pass.